SD.Net World Redux Comment Thread VIII

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

RogueIce
_______

Re: SD.Net World Redux Comment Thread VIII

Post by RogueIce »

DarthShady wrote:You guys had plenty of time to answer the CATO proposal, instead some of you chose to play the dickery game. Well excuse me for being a dick right back. :D :wink:
And this is why I included my last sentence. If we want to try and treat international relations as an SDN Debate/Flamewar, we might as well just declare World War III and get it over with.

On an IU note, in fairness to us, while it's been a long-ass time OOC since that proposal was written, it's been what, three or four days in game since Heraclius handed it to Rufus? And then Rufus had to send it out to the others, who were already busy with any number of other preparations for this conference, as well as the unexpected problems between Byzantium and the MESS that sort of caught us all unprepared.

It's entirely reasonable to suspect that maybe they haven't finished analyzing it yet, or perhaps drafting their own counter-proposals. Remember, I don't think a week has passed, within Summit terms (aka Unreal Time) since the MESS got the Byzantine proposal.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

RogueIce wrote: And this is why I included my last sentence. If we want to try and treat international relations as an SDN Debate/Flamewar, we might as well just declare World War III and get it over with.
Your guys started it. Why are you complaining now? :lol:
On an IU note, in fairness to us, while it's been a long-ass time OOC since that proposal was written, it's been what, three or four days in game since Heraclius handed it to Rufus? And then Rufus had to send it out to the others, who were already busy with any number of other preparations for this conference, as well as the unexpected problems between Byzantium and the MESS that sort of caught us all unprepared.

It's entirely reasonable to suspect that maybe they haven't finished analyzing it yet, or perhaps drafting their own counter-proposals. Remember, I don't think a week has passed, within Summit terms (aka Unreal Time) since the MESS got the Byzantine proposal.
OOC you guys have no excuse, you were around writing posts about other stuff and completely disregarded our proposal. Not to mention that you personally fucked up our little meeting quite nicely.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

DarthShady wrote:Your guys started it. Why are you complaining now? :lol:
What is this "you guys" stuff? Do you think I sit at Lonestar's computer and help him write up his posts?
OOC you guys have no excuse, you were around writing posts about other stuff and completely disregarded our proposal.
Or they missed it amongst what happened later. Or whatever. It doesn't matter. That's OOC and if you're using it to be an intentional dick to us now, you're metagaming and need to cut it out.
DarthShady wrote:Not to mention that you personally fucked up our little meeting quite nicely.
And I'm doing what I can to fix that. While I would have appreciated not going to sleep and waking up to find all those news posts because people felt the need to surge right on ahead, that's OOC and I'm not going to go carrying a grudge against Heraclius for it. Instead I'm trying to play it as shit happens, and now I need to try and fix it somehow.
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

RogueIce wrote: What is this "you guys" stuff? Do you think I sit at Lonestar's computer and help him write up his posts?
If you guys can't agree on stuff amongst yourselves, that's not my problem. The fact is, he is part of the MESS, so ingame you are all responsible for his actions.
Or they missed it amongst what happened later. Or whatever. It doesn't matter. That's OOC and if you're using it to be an intentional dick to us now, you're metagaming and need to cut it out.
Actually I'm using the fact that you guys are being dicks to us, to be a dick right back. It has nothing to do with that.

Like you said, you guys missed it(Fin's proposal), and it doesn't matter now. You want a second chance, Fin already gave it to you, and so did I just now.
And I'm doing what I can to fix that. While I would have appreciated not going to sleep and waking up to find all those news posts because people felt the need to surge right on ahead, that's OOC and I'm not going to go carrying a grudge against Heraclius for it. Instead I'm trying to play it as shit happens, and now I need to try and fix it somehow.
You decided to skip the answer to my post, back then, that was your chance to fix it. It may be a bit late now. Because let's face it, that was an insult to Fin as a player and to Heraclius as a friend and an ally. Such things are not easily forgiven. It's akin to CATO telling the UCSR that it is being reduced to observer status. Fucking ridiculous. I can't speak for Heraclius but if I were in his shoes, I would have told you and the entirety of the MESS to go fuck themselves.

Frankly, CATO has tried being friendly to the MESS, we tried to be nice - and what do we get in return. We get accusations and insults. Well, I'm done playing nice, from now on - we do things your way.
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

I really don't know WTH you're talking about, mang.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Tian Xia has not thought highly of the UCSR since it interfered with a successful conclusion to the Uranium war between the then PRSF and the Duchy of Westchester.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

You guys hear that? That's the world's smallest violin, playing a special solo for Tian Xia.
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

SiegeTank wrote:You guys hear that? That's the world's smallest violin, playing a special solo for Tian Xia.
This is also me pointing out that if we are in unreal time then complaints about how long we have taken to respond are retarded. You can bitch that we've been accusatory or that we aren't committed to the process and probably a whole host of other reasons but to bitch that we haven't been timely in our response when we are in unreal time is flat out retarded.
DarthShady wrote:]If you guys can't agree on stuff amongst yourselves, that's not my problem. The fact is, he is part of the MESS, so ingame you are all responsible for his actions.
...ummm NO. The US invaded Iraq, does this mean Norway is responsible for the invasion? An alliance means a group of joint interests but it does not somehow automatically confer "responsibility" on each nation for the actions of the other else the Byzantine Empire is just as guilty as Tian Xia of violating F'ing neutrality since he too was a MESS member. Trying to play guilt by association is just as retarded in international affairs as it is in a court of law. Yes it may prejudge people's reactions but "responsibility" is such an absurd word to put on the relationship that I have to wonder if you understand the concept.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Is it telling that I spent today looking at what types of WW1 biplanes I'd claim for the Yishuv? :lol:
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Somewhat, I think it's claimed your imagination.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

Hey Everyone!

Yes, we've all made horrible public relations mistakes! Yes, we've all carved up Frequesque for our own purposes! Yes, we've all been absolutely horrible people! This applies to both MESS and CATO.

Good points, well presented, now let's move one. In-character mudslinging is one thing, but it's a bit ridiculous OOC.

Just saying.
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Hear, hear.

RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Master_Baerne wrote:Good points, well presented, now let's move one. In-character mudslinging is one thing, but it's a bit ridiculous OOC.

Just saying.
I'll second this. I'm not going to bother responding to the above, and if you want to take that as a concession you go right the fuck on ahead and do so.

If I wanted to get into a pissing match about who's right and who's wrong, I'll go start shit in N&P. I'm here to play a game, not argue OOC about who's more horrible than who. So I'm done with all that. Moving along now.

Karmic Knight
Jedi Master

Post by Karmic Knight »

Coyote wrote:Is it telling that I spent today looking at what types of WW1 biplanes I'd claim for the Yishuv? :lol:
Yes, you've lost hope...

I need to find a way to work Barrack Oshrooma into my country.
Master_Baerne wrote:Hey Everyone!

Yes, we've all made horrible public relations mistakes! Yes, we've all carved up Frequesque for our own purposes! Yes, we've all been absolutely horrible people! This applies to both MESS and CATO.

Good points, well presented, now let's move one. In-character mudslinging is one thing, but it's a bit ridiculous OOC.

Just saying.
As Baerne said.
This is an empty country and I am it's king, and I should not be allowed to touch anything.
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

Anyone want to just take a break from the confrence (while still being in Unreal time)? I'm going to host a shindig on ASS Cosette. Lots of space, plenty of grub, and a good time to he bad by all!
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

MariusRoi wrote:Anyone want to just take a break from the confrence (while still being in Unreal time)? I'm going to host a shindig on ASS Cosette. Lots of space, plenty of grub, and a good time to he bad by all!
So long as no one stabs someone with a knife... :P
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Tempting, but I want to wrap it up. We've put it off for some time and now we're finally making progress.

Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Siege Tank, for my presidential visit do you want to wait on that until some voting is done at the MESS CATO conference or at some other time? President Ahten is willing to visit at Hank's convenience, given the wedding and all. :D
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

So the verdict is to go with what.. two months = 1 year from 2017?
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:So the verdict is to go with what.. two months = 1 year from 2017?
More like 12 weeks, which would be the exact time, if we go by my method. That's about three months, but we'd go off the weeks rather than the months to keep it even.

Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

Raj Ahten wrote:Siege Tank, for my presidential visit do you want to wait on that until some voting is done at the MESS CATO conference or at some other time? President Ahten is willing to visit at Hank's convenience, given the wedding and all. :D
You can visit at your earliest convenience and we'll chalk any temporal anomalies up to unreal time. I'd wanted to write the glorious return of President Hank already but real life interfered (as it so often does), so I'll probably do that tomorrow. So yeah, drop on by and I'll break out the fine wines.
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

RogueIce wrote:I'll second this. I'm not going to bother responding to the above, and if you want to take that as a concession you go right the fuck on ahead and do so.

If I wanted to get into a pissing match about who's right and who's wrong, I'll go start shit in N&P. I'm here to play a game, not argue OOC about who's more horrible than who. So I'm done with all that. Moving along now.
Fine. Moving along.

Let's get this conference over with.

Langley, I need your answer on the offer Stas made. Do you want the two Moskva class helicarrier's(with a SLEP included), and Yak-141M complement?

Also: 12 Weeks a year works for me.
Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:
MariusRoi wrote:Anyone want to just take a break from the confrence (while still being in Unreal time)? I'm going to host a shindig on ASS Cosette. Lots of space, plenty of grub, and a good time to he bad by all!
So long as no one stabs someone with a knife... :P
How about a fork? :P
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

DarthShady wrote:Langley, I need your answer on the offer Stas made. Do you want the two Moskva class helicarrier's(with a SLEP included), and Yak-141M complement?
To be honest, all I really need are the Yak-141s, but the two Moskvas with SLEP would certainly be useful as well. $1 billion for each refurbished and upgraded Moskva plus $20 million for each Yak-141, right?

Hosting other kinds of aircraft on the Moskvas would be a bit of a problem for me, however; my primary maritime helicopter is the SH-60/MH-60 Seahawk, while the Moskvas were originally designed to accomodate those chunky little Kamov choppers that are about half the size of the Seahawks. Still, if one can accomodate Yak-141s on board, maybe I can make room for my Seahawks as well.

Speaking of Kamov choppers, I should probably start buying some of those as well; a fully-loaded Ka-27 Helix supposedly costs only a fraction of what an MH-60R would ($1.5 million, or so Wikipedia says) and offers many of the same capabilities in a significantly more compact package. The Ka-58/CAH-01 would also make a good complement (and eventual replacement for) my existing AH-1Z Vipers and Kawasaki OH-1s.
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

SiegeTank wrote:
Raj Ahten wrote:Siege Tank, for my presidential visit do you want to wait on that until some voting is done at the MESS CATO conference or at some other time? President Ahten is willing to visit at Hank's convenience, given the wedding and all. :D
You can visit at your earliest convenience and we'll chalk any temporal anomalies up to unreal time. I'd wanted to write the glorious return of President Hank already but real life interfered (as it so often does), so I'll probably do that tomorrow. So yeah, drop on by and I'll break out the fine wines.
President Ahten will be sure to bring a selection from the finest Indhopoli wineries. I should have it up Sunday or by the absolute latest on Monday.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Uh, Ryan, aren't you unaligned? And while that makes item 2 onerous for you, it also means you have, well, absolutely no say whatsoever in the adoption of the proposal.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED