Abstain
14%

Total votes: 14

Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Re: Star Trek/Star Wars STGOD?

Post by Raj Ahten »

Shinn Langley Soryu wrote:
Rsaj Ahten wrote:Can anyone with more Star Wars Savvy than me recommend some CIS affiliated worlds to look into? I'm especially on the look out for separatist planets that were not run by Trade Federation, Banking Clan or other huge conglomerates. I plan on searching through wookiepedia to see what I can turn up.
I was also doing some searching of my own regarding potential locations before finally deciding to set up shop in Fondor. From what I found out, Sullust, Sluis Van, Bestine, and Dac/Mon Calamari, all sites of major shipyards, were all CIS-affiliated at some point. Take that as you will.
Thanks! That gives me a handy starting point. (Even if Sluis Van is taken already)
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

RogueIce wrote:I'll have to get back on the planets later, since everyone has already scooped up most of the worlds I actually know about (you bastards).

Has anyone taken Kuat? I'll probably nab them if not.
As best I can recall, most of the movie worlds are still out their, including Coruscant, Hoth, Bespin, Dagobah, Endor, etc. In fact, the only ones I can recall being claimed are Geonosis, Kamino, and Tatooine by me, plus Naboo by Coyote.

Corillea's still out their too I think, as is Nal Hutta, Byss??, to name a few major ones...

Some of those might be taken, but there's still a lot out their.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

The Romulan Republic wrote:Corillea's still out their too I think, as is Nal Hutta, Byss??, to name a few major ones...
You know, maybe I'll take Corellia and pretend I supplanted the Diktat or whatever. Gives me the other Corellian planets to use too as a handy region of space.

Corellia - Homeworld (600)
Selonia - Major (400)
Drall - Average (200)
Talus - Average (200) or Minor (100)
Tralus - Average (200) or Minor (100)
Crollia - Colony (50)
Soronia - Colony (50)
Total: 1700 or 1500 depending on how you want to count the Twin Worlds. Selonia may be iffy as well as a Major, but I guess it's good enough?

I'm going to assume that either A) the Centerpoint Weapon is not working, or B) we don't even suspect it so we don't use the grav-well or starbuster. Unless we start getting super weapons, then we may figure it out, but that depends on whether or not they're ever allowed.

EDIT: If Selonia isn't "Major" and gets downgraded to "Average" that'll leave me with either 1500 or 1300. I'm leaning towards 1300 because Talus & Tralus really aren't worth much. Their populations are less than half of Drall for pete's sake. So if that's the case I'll take the "Major" Kuat after all, and be at 1700. Kuat is fairly nearby the Corellian System, so I can reasonably defend it.

BTW, a map from Wookieepedia:

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/starw ... xymap3.JPG

I wouldn't want to try and draw lines all over that one (wherever the SB one comes from seems best for that I'd say) but it can at least serve as a guide for where planets are, hopefully.
Last edited by RogueIce on 2009-05-07 10:19pm, edited 1 time in total.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

If Corillea is still a major star ship manufacturer I may be doing a lot of business with you.;) Especially as a mostly Rim-ward faction will want to get a political and diplomatic foot planted in the Core.
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Looking at some planets, I'm going to call dibs on the Bilbringi system and Bestine IV. Bestine was in the CIS during the clone wars and both are in the Inner Rim. The planet Carratos also looks good because its in the same general area, is heavily urbanized and also infested by pirates (whose purging would give them a good reason to join my little collective). Selvaris, while a backwater, is already fleshed out and close to Bilbringi.

That should do me for now, though I'll probably want to make up a space station or system where a large amount of CIS equipment was manufactured and mothballed so my faction has a source for vintage CIS ships.

Edit: Are we doing starting limits based off of number of planets or the value of the planets? That hasn't been worked out quite yet but I'd have to say we should do it based on the value of the planets. If we say "everyone takes four planets," and those four planets are all big ass core worlds, that players would be able to curb stomp someone made up of four outer rim shitholes.
Last edited by Raj Ahten on 2009-05-07 10:43pm, edited 1 time in total.
Karmic Knight
Jedi Master

Post by Karmic Knight »

Using Baerne's 1800 points thingy for the planets, I'm still trying to decipher the space forces rules.

The Bothan Confederation

Bothawui: Homeworld [600]
Kothlis: Major World [400]
Dressel: Major World [400]
Sennatt: Average World [200]
Tao-Grant II: (Refurbished Base) Colony [50]
Mandell: Colony [50]

Total of: 1700 points.
This is an empty country and I am it's king, and I should not be allowed to touch anything.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Oh, one comment on the ship lists: why is an Aclamator worth more than a Victory Star Destroyer?
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

The Romulan Republic wrote:If Corillea is still a major star ship manufacturer I may be doing a lot of business with you.;) Especially as a mostly Rim-ward faction will want to get a political and diplomatic foot planted in the Core.
I'll be happy to work with you.

Anyway, mine, depending on consensus:

The Second Corellian Empire (the EU already beat me to the first it seems)

Selonia - Major (400)
Drall - Average (200)
Talus - Minor (100)
Tralus - Minor (100)
Crollia - Colony (50)
Soronia - Colony (50)
Total: 1500 (may nab an Average Planet from somewhere...have to shop around a bit)

If Selonia is "Average" and not "Major"

Kuat - Major (400)
Selonia - Average (200)
Drall - Average (200)
Talus - Minor (100)
Tralus - Minor (100)
Crollia - Colony (50)
Soronia - Colony (50)
Total: 1700
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

The Romulan Republic wrote:Oh, one comment on the ship lists: why is an Aclamator worth more than a Victory Star Destroyer?
I hadn't consciously noticed that it was, but maybe it's my prejudice... I've always liked the Acclamator, and I see it as far more useful than a Victory. But that's just me.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

Fingolfin got Kuat, I thought, or I would have. :)

I'm definitely not a candidate for mapmaker, in case anyone was wondering.

Also - Final planet list for me: Sluis Van, Thyferra, Bilbringi, Axum.
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Master_Baerne wrote:Fingolfin got Kuat, I thought, or I would have. :)

I'm definitely not a candidate for mapmaker, in case anyone was wondering.

Also - Final planet list for me: Sluis Van, Thyferra, Bilbringi, Axum.
Ah damn you! Grabing Bilbringi right before I could :P . Guess I could always make up some worlds. The CIS did have over 10,000 systems......
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

Enjoy your foray into creativity! :)
Conversion Table:

Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Karmic Knight
Jedi Master

Post by Karmic Knight »

I have a question, I might knock Kothlis and Dressel down to Average worlds, when looking at Rouge giving Kuat the same status as Kothlis or Dressel seems silly, and adding a made-up Major Bothan Shipyard, does anyone have a problem with that?
This is an empty country and I am it's king, and I should not be allowed to touch anything.
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

Kuat is many things, but average is not one of them. I take issue with it's classification as anything less than a major world, since it's the site of some vast percentage of the Empire's shipyards.

Rather, a small percentage but a staggering absolute amount, if you catch my drift.
Conversion Table:

Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Well a new possibility just came to me. I suppose I could always do a Duros Neimodian allaince of some sort. Though that would be a significantly different concept....

The Duros system and perhaps some of the Neimodian Purse worlds with their associated protectorates would be the core of this, brought together by a Neimodian general from the clone wars who now wants to break away quite significantly from the old ways of doing things. The trade federation only brought ruination, thus proving the the folly of the old traditions! Add in mercenaries, bounty hunters and some things stolen from the Hutts and that's something I can work with.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Yeah I claimed Kuat.

I'll generally rule the Kuat Sector which apparently has the following systems:
  • Drurish system
  • Horthav system
  • Kidir system
  • Kuat system
  • Monadin system
  • Parthis system
  • Redrish system
  • Relarr system
  • Renegg system
  • Ulion system
  • Venir system
I'll figure out the point distribution later, and what planets i wish to claim.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

Sounds good, Raj. I'll just be the bog-standard Imperial dictatorship - After all, somebody has to be, and Star Destroyers are so shiny...
Conversion Table:

RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:Yeah I claimed Kuat.
Curse you!
Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:I'll generally rule the Kuat Sector which apparently has the following systems:
  • Drurish system
  • Horthav system
  • Kidir system
  • Kuat system
  • Monadin system
  • Parthis system
  • Redrish system
  • Relarr system
  • Renegg system
  • Ulion system
  • Venir system
I'll figure out the point distribution later, and what planets i wish to claim.
Well, it can be your sphere of influence, but you won't actually control all of those I don't think. Unless they're a bunch of one planet systems.

For example, I took the Corellian system but that is distinct from the overall Corellian sector.

Really, anybody claiming to hold sway over a "sector" is quite a lot of planets. You wouldn't actually control them, though you could try and make it your own backyard.

Then again, those systems probably have factions (with defenses!) of their own. So good luck with that one. :wink:

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

RogueIce wrote:Well, it can be your sphere of influence, but you won't actually control all of those I don't think. Unless they're a bunch of one planet systems.

For example, I took the Corellian system but that is distinct from the overall Corellian sector.

Really, anybody claiming to hold sway over a "sector" is quite a lot of planets. You wouldn't actually control them, though you could try and make it your own backyard.

Then again, those systems probably have factions (with defenses!) of their own. So good luck with that one. :wink:
Yeah, pretty much. My fiefdom will likely be around Kuat. Probably have to bludgeon most of the sector into my control over time.
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

If I remember correctly, the Chommel Sector (where Naboo is) has some 40,000 inhabited planets, and it is considered a "sparsely-populated backwater" or somesuch. True, most of those 40,000 may be colonies or Tatooine-like hardscrabble settlements, but "40,000 planets = boondocks" gives an indication of population scale in sectors.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

Again: We're going to need to make up some worlds; Too much of the EU involves fairly pointless Outer Rim planets, and most of the Core industrial powerhouses have been taken.

With that said, Eriadu is a major trade and manufacturing hub on some kind of trade route, which hasn't been picked yet. It could easily form the core of an Outer Rim faction.
Conversion Table:

Ryan Thunder
Village Idiot

Post by Ryan Thunder »

I'm going to make up some worlds, I think, but I'll remain pretty much dormant for now. I was kind of expecting the SD.net World to (sadly) implode, and, well, it didn't...
SDN Worlds 5: Sanctum
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Well, here's my point distribution. I had to make up stuff because there was little known of the Kuat sector, really. I also decided to cling on to some holdings outside the Kuat Sector, since KDY controlled a number of factory worlds or shipyard worlds. I might change at the last minute, so take note that this is tentative.
  • Kuat* (Homeworld) - 600 points
  • Akios* (Major World), Monadin system - 400 points
  • Elaruan* (Average World), Venir system - 200 points
  • Rothana (Average World), Rothana system - 200 points
  • Romano Nova* (Minor World), Calisto system - 100 points
  • Gyndine (Minor World), Gyndine system - 100 points
  • Kifir* (Colony World), Kidir system - 50 points
  • Peliv Aviv* (Colony World), Ulion system - 50 points
*:- In the Kuat sector.
Kreia
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Question: Did we limit ourselves to 1700 points or 1800 points? Considering the number of worlds(It's a big ass galaxy), maybe we should raise the point limit?

Also if noone else will volunteer for moderator(except Rogue) and we said we would have two(with Coyote being third, the tie breaker), I'll throw my hat in the ring. :) We should hold a vote on this soon.

Now, on to business. My point distribution:

Koros Major(Empress Teta)---Homeworld(600Points)
Balmorra---Major World(400Points)
Metellos---Major World(400Points)
Tython---Average World(200 Points)
Foerost---Average World(200 Points)

Total: 1800 Points

I will change this if the limit is 1700 or something else.

Any objections to my planet classifications?
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

Looks good to me.
Conversion Table: