Abstain
14%

Total votes: 14

Karmic Knight
Jedi Master

Re: Star Trek/Star Wars STGOD?

Post by Karmic Knight »

SDN Wars.
This is an empty country and I am it's king, and I should not be allowed to touch anything.
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

I'm for SDN Wars: The New Conquests.
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

RogueIce wrote:
Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:To be honest, most of the worlds we picked up are heavily industrialised and are more than capable of sustaining themselves in some siege, and building shield generators, and planetary turbolasers and ion cannons.
I didn't do that, you power gaming assholes. Then again, I did pick the Corellian System which means you get to face pretty much all of my fleet at once if you invade the system.

Damn, guess I'm a power gaming asshole too? :cry:

So Fin, you're the Kuat Imperium and I'm the Second Corellian Empire. Seems we have a relatively similar idealogy. Shall we team up to take over the galaxy? :D
I guess there is room for an alliance here and there...
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

SDN Wars: A Galaxy Divided sounds good, too.

Keep the names coming. Meanwhile, something else to ponder-- time period. I'm thinking about 2 years after the 2nd Coruscant battle that wiped the slate clean. That means the repercussions have time to ripple out, but no one's really had time to build much more beyond what we're planning: 2-6 world systems, hastily scrabbled together with leftovers.

So that would be Clone Emperor at Byss + 2 years. Sound good? Or are there better time frames to consider?
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Coyote wrote:SDN Wars: A Galaxy Divided sounds good, too.

Keep the names coming. Meanwhile, something else to ponder-- time period. I'm thinking about 2 years after the 2nd Coruscant battle that wiped the slate clean. That means the repercussions have time to ripple out, but no one's really had time to build much more beyond what we're planning: 2-6 world systems, hastily scrabbled together with leftovers.

So that would be Clone Emperor at Byss + 2 years. Sound good? Or are there better time frames to consider?
All of the above sounds good to me.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

How were fighters, planetary defenses, and ground troops handled in the Spacebattles version? Why not just do the same and be done with it?
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Coyote wrote:SDN Wars: A Galaxy Divided sounds good, too.

This works for me. Now lets get this thing started already.
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

The Romulan Republic wrote:How were fighters, planetary defenses, and ground troops handled in the Spacebattles version? Why not just do the same and be done with it?
You mean, points buying? Or just determining battles between forces?

For determining battles, a lot of it was decided behind the scenes by players contacting one another via PM to work out whatever was best for them plot-wise. Sometimes, for story reasons, you needed a "heroic defeat" or something. Otherwise, it's handled out in front of everyone, story posts backed up by rationale in the OOC thread. If needed, a panel of 3 (GM + players as needed) would determine the outcome. We only needed that a couple of times, though.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!