SDNWorld Redux: Story Thread the Fourth

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Re: SDNWorld Redux: Story Thread the Fourth

Post by DarthShady »

Palace of the Soviets, Stasograd, UCSR
"Comrade Yuri, I have good news.", Ivana said as she entered Yuri Andropovsky's office.

"From our Zorian friends?", Yuri asked.

"Yes. The Zorians have agreed to our proposal, we may begin construction of the airbase within a month.", Ivana said and handed a folder to Yuri.

"How long until construction is done and the first bombers can be stationed there?", he said as he began reading the folders contents.

"About a year, according to our people, after that we may begin stationing bombers there.", she said.

"Excellent, I will inform the President."

Result: The UCSR will build an airbase in Zoria and station Strategic Bombers there.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Old Dominion, Fort Gideon

"I can't believe this." Colonel Patrolkos said. "A strip search? Really?"

"Sorry Colonel, orders." The Dominionite 2nd LT said. Really, he didn't give a good Goddamn what the Byzantine Colonel thought. As soon as SHAPOD had received the phone call from the Executive of Shinra's Office security forces began to order out all Byzantine personnel from the continent of Shepland. Most were here at SHAPOD, although there were a few embedded here and there in the Shepistani Security Zone.

"Hey! Those are Byzantine Armed Forces Hard drives, not MESS!" The Colonel said as a Corporal began sticking them on desks in the Liaison Office.

"Don't worry Colonel, we aren't going to steal them. We don't cozy up to people, "borrow" their technology, and then turn around and buy other folks stuff." The 2nd LT said sarcastically. A Wilkonian Marine SSG walked in, pushing a large media destructor. He plugged it in, and the Corporal began tossing the hard drives and datasticks into it. "Colonel, which of those phones at the front desk are your peoples?"

The Colonel walked over to the small alcove where personal phones were kept during the day for security purposes. He pointed them out. The 2nd LT began chucking them into the media destructor.

"Those are our personal phones! Not business!" The Colonel shouted over the whiir whiir of the high-temperature de-gausser.

"Colonel, those Raspberry PDAs have at least 32GB of storage on them, not including whatever data sticks you all may have crammed in them. I assure you, Department of Public Safety personnel are also visiting all of your homes and making sure you don't have anything classified there too."

"My Government will issue a complaint, I assure you! How dare you do this?"

"Colonel, I really don't give a good Goddamn."

-------

Statement from the Latin Patriarch of Shepland Gregory XIX

And so the Schismatics are to be exiled from our continent. Good! We have no need for the cowardly effeminate Grecians. They were leeches on the MESS, sucking it dry while being paid their 30 pieces of silver from CATO for our military secrets. We are better for removing the blemish from our organization….[More]

RESULTS: -All Byzantine forces are ordered off of the continent of Shepland
-Byzantine Subcontractors have been dropped from all product teams, such as the M3 airliner/cargo plane and the Sonic Cruiser.
Last edited by Lonestar on 2009-04-24 10:29am, edited 1 time in total.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Imperial Chronicles

Order Meta Omega Zero
Excerpt
  • Recall of all Byzantine Military Personnel from all MESS territories
  • If embassies are forced, all sensitive data in all computers will be erased through internally installed Gauss/degauss machines
  • Eviction of Canissian contractors and personnel involved in laser projects. Destruction of sensitive data in their hands.
  • Cancellation of all laser and optics related patent licenses
  • Cancellation of all laser contracts with MESS nations
  • Ban on sale of optics and lasers to MESS nations, and related technologies involved in crystal growing.
  • All MESS military personnel given 24hrs to leave the nation
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

CANISSIA ISSUES PROTEST OVER BYZANTINE TREATMENT

The National Assembly of the Canissian Parliament issued a diplomatic protest over the sudden negative treatment of the Byzantines vis-a-vis their membership and its conclusion in the MESS Alliance.

"We were under the impression that this was going to be done with some semblance of class and dignity," Defense Minister Ral Tenn said before the press after the resolution had been drafted. "The Canissian position was that this was going to be the opening round of talks aimed at finding a new, more comfortable place for Byzantine involvement. Not to deliver an insulting ultimatum to one who had been an ally and friend."

The Defense Minister went on to say that there had been no plans to eject Byzantine personnel from positions in Canissia, and they would be welcome to maintain their posts until their usual rotations were scheduled to be over.

"We have a great many joint venture and co-operative projects with the Byzantines, which we maintained in the spirit of sincere good will and diplomacy," DM Tenn said, "We fully intend to maintain those projects, although we understand if the Byzantines do not feel as gracious."

The resolution and protest was signed electronically by His Majesty the King, who recently landed at Cascadia to attend a MESS-CATO summit-- a situation which one unnamed source close to the King said he currently found "bitterly ironic" given the current circumstances.

Labor Party Parliamentarians have begun drafting a proposal to apply Canissia for an 'Observer' status in CATO, but the Nationalists have vowed to block any such resolution. It is largely believed that the idea is an extension of the overall sense of protest within the Assembly, rather than a serious movement, but Royalist MPs, embarassed by the way the situation was handled, have hinted that the idea is "worth a look", according to an anonymous source.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Meanwhile in Shroomania...

Viktor Schrom, CEO of SchromKorp

"So, the Byzantines have given the Canissians and the Messicans the boot from their joint projects, eh?" the big bald businessman wondered.

"Yes, sir. We think it's because President Rufus ticked Emperor Heraclius off."

"No shit, Shroomlock!" Viktor Schrom chuckled. "Now, here's what I want you to do, man."

"Sir?"

"Go to the Byzantine corporations and suggest to them, very nicely, that SchromKorp take the place of the displaced Canissian and Messican corporations they've booted out. The Byzantines will still need partners, still need facilities and investments. Sure, they can do it all themselves, but they won't be adverse to outside help - and fact is, Shroomanians have always been their most reliable business buddies, side the Crimsons. As much as we try to piss them off with our funny little antics."

"I'll try and appeal to them through the Combined Corporate Consortium Partnership?"

"Yep."

"What else will I do, sir?"

"You might as well tell little Michelangelo, after he's done philandering with his whores, that MacMillan may not be the only big Shroomanian corporation partnering up with the Byzantines. That SchromKorp's gonna try his whole BAM shtick. Byzantine Air SchromKorp. BASK. Sounds good, dontchathink?"

"Sure sounds better than YAM, sir."

"Now get to it, boy."

The next day...

Michelangelo MacMillan, CEO of the MacMillan Corporation and a major partner of Byzantine Air MacMillan. With two ladies of purchasable affection.

"Hey Michelangelo, didn't you know that SchromKorp's moving in on your thing and trying to partner up with the Byzantines too?"

"No. I didn't know that," the billionaire playboy deadpanned. "Excuse me, ladies."

Results:
Shroomanian corporations move in to fill the void left by Byzantine ditching its Messican partners.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Orena Evening News

First Katangwan merchant marine officer returns home

After nearly a decade of work on the PeZookian-flagged container ship Blue Sky, Dalmar Kovindi has returned to his home country of Katangwaland, where he concern himself with training a new generation of Katangwan merchant sailors.

Mr. Kovindi entered the PeZookian Marine Academy training program for foreigners before the agreement between both governments which was supposed to facilitate the education of foreign students in this prestigious institution, and managed to excel and graduate from the navigator training program with honors despite suffering from a language barrier and financial problems.

Now, a decade later, Mr. Kovindi returns home to teach the nascent nation's sailors what he learned, and hopefully help it enter a brighter future.

"I really appreciate what the PeZookians are doing for my people. Myself, I didn't have the help they are getting: it will be much easier for them."

Dalmar Kovindi during his graduation ceremony, 2006

However, several experts are quick to point out that many of the Katangwans expected to graduate from the Marine Academy next year may not return to Katangwa at all.

"We have been steadily receiving requests for citizenship from many of the Katangwa cadets currently training at the Academy", interior minister Karol Plesiewski stated in an interview with OEN, "Around half of these people would like to become citizens of PeZookia, and we expect that one third of those will meet the requirements and be granted their requests."

If true, experts say, these numbers would mean development of Katangwan merchant marine may be significantly slowed down, as available officer cadres are reduced: all foreign cadets are studying on prestigious and essential specialties, such as navigation, shipboard engineering, industrial process management and ship construction.

PeZookian government extends military offer to Katangwaland

Sources within the Defence Ministry confirmed today that an offer was extended to the government of Katangwaland for the sale of all PeZookian Mig-29 aircraft for the symbollic price of 1 Dollar apiece. Pilot and ground crew training would also be provided free of charge.

Several PeZookian companies have also filed several offers for constrution of an airbase suitable for jet fighters in Katangwaland itself, while Mielec, a government-owned aircraft factory, has proposed a tender in which it will supply 24 'Iskra' jet trainers (indigenous design) for a discount price of 1.2 million per airplane.

TS-11 'Iskra' at a Shroomanian air show

"The airplane is a fully modern, capable trainer/light bomber, which will be priceless to maintain the nascent jet component of the Katangwan Air Force. With the Iskra trainers, Katangwan jet pilots, when they gain enough experience, will be able to train the next generation of fighter jockeys themselves, without having to rely on foreign aid to do so.", Mielec's CEO told an OEN reporter.

His Majesty's government has offered Katangwa a no-cost loan to finance construction of the air base and purchase of jet trainers.

"Virtue Of Courage" to undertake an around-the-world trip

A tall ship training vessel of the PeZookian navy, the Virtue Of Courage, will sortie from Morski Zamek in a month and undertake an around-the-world voyage. A sailing ship has never crossed the Pacific since the times of the Great Discoveries more than four hunder years ago: Virtue Of Courage will retrace the steps of these brave explorers, as if befitting of its name.

Some of the countries the ship will visit during its voyage include Canissia, Shroomania, Byzantium, USCR, Duchy Of Langley, the NFT, Shinra, Alaska, Cascadia and even Japanistan - whose government agreed to host the ship, in an unexpected display of openness.

The Virtue Of Courage under full sail, during a training cruise with cadets of the Naval Academy

Results:

- Katangwans can buy 90 slightly used Mig-29s for 90 dollars in total
- Katangwans can also get themselves a spiffy airbase and some jet trainers for a total of no money up front.
- First Katangwan merchant marine officer returns home to teach his trade
- A PeZookian sailing ship will show off how manly we are around the world
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:"I think an observership is a worthless pretense and sham, and the manner in which this was discussed and presented to me a slap in the face. It is clear to me now, that you no longer trust me enough to include me in many deliberations. So be it. Byzantium will from this day forth be not of the MESS. And if you don't mind me, I have arrangements to make and I'm leaving. Good day. And oh, your troops in Jerusalem had best leave within six months. That will certainly lower tensions with Japanistan."
"If that is your decision, then. We will relocate those troops at the soonest."
---PRIORITY---
TO: Commander, Second Army
Commander, II Corps
Commander, 2nd Armored Division
Commander, 6th Armored Division

Effective immediately, all personnel and equipment of 2nd Armored Division and 6th Armored Division to be withdrawn from Byzantine Arabia and relocated to Canissia. Withdrawl operations to commence immediately and with all possible speed. Airlift and sealift priority will be given to affect transfer.
---PRIORITY---
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

RogueIce wrote: ---PRIORITY---
TO: Commander, Second Army
Commander, II Corps
Commander, 2nd Armored Division
Commander, 6th Armored Division

Effective immediately, all personnel and equipment of 2nd Armored Division and 6th Armored Division to be withdrawn from Byzantine Arabia and relocated to Canissia. Withdrawl operations to commence immediately and with all possible speed. Airlift and sealift priority will be given to affect transfer.
---PRIORITY---

CANISSIAN ROYAL AIR FORCE AIR TRANSPORT (HEAVY-LIFT) MADE AVAILABLE
204th Heavy Airlift Wing: WALRUS Ultra Heavy Lift Utility Aeroscraft (UHLUA) 4 Long-Range Strategic Preposition Airborne RO/RO Squadrons

The 204th heavy-lift Zeppelin Wing will make itself available for the transport of Shinra Republic troops and materiel from Byzantine Arabia. If necessary, Canissian Royal Sealift Command RO-RO ships can be available as well.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Dominion Defense

Shepilov Solutions contracted to aid Shinra in exit from Jerusalem.

With it's own lift capablilities stretched to the breaking point, and a substantial portion of the Dominion Merchant Fleet chartered to support the ongoing fight in Sirnoth, the Old Dominion has chartered Shepilov Solutions and their 8 C-22s to aid the Shinra Republic to remove it's troops from jerusalem in a timely manner.

"Our friends in the Shinra Republic deserve all they help we can offer, especially with their decision to join the Coalition to topple Cortes." A government spokeswoman said...[More]
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Diplomatic communique, re: relocation of Shinra armored divisions

PeZookia will allow overflights of our airspace by military transports, and use of our railway network to facilitate a speedy and secure relocation of Shinra 2nd and 6th armored divisions.
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

PeZook wrote:Diplomatic communique, re: relocation of Shinra armored divisions

PeZookia will allow overflights of our airspace by military transports, and use of our railway network to facilitate a speedy and secure relocation of Shinra 2nd and 6th armored divisions.
Additionally, requests were sent to the UCSR and Byzantine foreign ministries for similar arrangements. This would help speed things up, as the only other alternative was to use the Mediterranean sealanes.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

RogueIce wrote:Additionally, requests were sent to the UCSR and Byzantine foreign ministries for similar arrangements. This would help speed things up, as the only other alternative was to use the Mediterranean sealanes.
Byzantine Defence Ministry indicates it has no objections and is willing to lease for free its army relocation locomotives which can run straight to Canissia.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Military Airlift Command joins effort to transport Shinra troops from Byzantium

The C-16Bs of MAC have already begun flying to Byzantium in order to speed the removal of the now unwelcome MESS troops.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

Nergal Heavy Industries HQ
Teppelin, Duchy of Langley

"So, the Tian Xians want to buy the Armidale after all?" CEO Yurika Misumaru asked nobody in particular.

"Yes, but they want some changes to the basic design," chief engineer and designer Ruri Hoshino replied in her usual serious manner. "They want us to increase the engine sizes to to 6000 HP each, delete the mortar, exchange the Oerlikon 20mm guns for Browning M2s, and replace the BK-27 with an Oerlikon Millenium 35mm cannon."

"Looks like your department's got its work cut out, then," Yurika said.

"We're way ahead of you there," Ruri deadpanned. "We're in the process of making several prototype boats modified to the Tian Xian specifications; we expect to conduct weapons and seaworthiness tests in the near future."

"Excellent!" Yurika exclaimed. "I expect you to be ahead of schedule and under budget, as usual."

"But of course," Ruri said.

RESULTS
Nergal Heavy Industries has accepted the Tian Xian contract and is currently working on several prototypes for the enhanced Armidale.
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

In Byzantium

When Byzantium's position in the MESS collapsed overnight, Indhopal saw an opportunity. Byzantium's arms manufacturers had just lost millions as many of their contracts had just become worthless. Indhopal's diplomats started asking around the corridors of power to try and get Byzantium to sell Indhopal licenses for their laser and MetalStorm weapon systems.

Meanwhile lobbyists paid for by Indhopoli interests started a campaign both amongst the arms manufacturers and the public to put pressure on the government to sell the weapon systems to Indhopal.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Seattle Post-Intelligencer

Byzantine withdrawal from MESS Alliance a potential jeopardy to success of World Summit?

CONSTANTINOPLE, BYZANTINE EMPIRE
- Accusations and recriminations are flying between Byzantine officials and their former partners of the MESS Alliance as the Byzantine Empire completes a sudden withdrawal from its place in the MESS. The announcement came during discussions between Emperor Heraclius and President Shinra in Midgar, where it's been said that Heraclius was bluntly presented with a decision by the rest of the MESS to reduce its membership to "observer status", thus denying the Byzantines further access to classified defense technology in the MESS. In response Byzantium has completely withdrawn from the MESS Alliance.

In the hours since this announcement press sources have confirmed the beginning of complaints being levied on both sides, with MESS Alliance officials accusing Byzantine officers and officials operating overseas of trying to slip MESS military secrets out with them and Byzantine officials launching counter-accusations of "atrocious harrassment" toward their recalled officials, including wanton destruction of personal computers and other digital property and forced strip searches of Byzantine officers.

Experts now grow concerned that the rancorous split of Byzantium from MESS will aggravate tensions between MESS and CATO. Several statements issued indicate belief that MESS is going to be incredibly aggressive in the upcoming summit talks to the extent that it will threaten the possibility of an accord with CATO.

First Cascadian nuclear carrier to be deployed next year.

BREMERTON, OLYMPIA - The Cascadian Navy has officially scheduled the first overseas deployment of the nuclear carrier Reprisal to commence in 2017 after a series of successful shakedown cruises, including one long-range cruise to Alaska to participate in joint-S&R and fisheries-protection exercises with the Alaskan Navy. The first nuclear-powered aircraft carrier and surface vessel to be put into service for Cascadia, the 67,000 ton Reprisal is also the heaviest warship ever commissioned by Cascadia, carrying an air wing of up to fifty-two aircraft and ten helicopters.

Rosarian actress Consuela Lopez wins Oscar for role in 'Star of Sweethaven' movie.

LOS ANGELES, SHINRA REPUBLIC - Popular actress Consuela Lopez of San Magdalena won the Oscar award for Best Actress after her portrayal of real life Star of Sweethaven heroine Amber Sanchez in the movie "The Star of Sweethaven". The popular re-telling of the 2009 uprising on the Astarian slave ship led by Peace Corps volunteers grossed $130 million worldwide its first weekend last September and went on to win a number of Oscar nominations.

Having already joined her cast mates from the movie in giving a percentage of royalties and direct pay to charities meant to aid former Astarian slaves, Ms. Lopez pledged the entire cash award for her Oscar to the same charities, personally handing the check to the woman she portrayed on the silver screen, Amber Sanchez-Juarez, who is spokeswoman for the Captives' Restitution Charity Alliance that directs several charities for former Astarian slaves and other victims of human trafficking.

The same was done by Misterian-born Tatyana Kobolev, who won Best Supporting Actress for her role in the same movie as the CSR-born Katarina Papadoulos.

"The Star of Sweethaven" also won Best Screenplay and Best Musical Score. The movie is considered one of the best movies of 2016, though it did endure controversy throughout its filming and release by groups that considered it to be unfairly "anti-Astarian" in tone.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

At the Cascadian World Conference

While things were certain to get quite interesting, to say the least, at the Cascadian hosted world Conference Indhopal decided to press on with its diplomatic agenda. That meant meeting with Cascadian officials.
Cascadia was somewhat trusted by Indhopal. They had acted as a fair arbitrator in the past and proved invaluable as a back channel for negotiations with other nations. For these reasons Indhopal sought Cascadia's help getting the answer to the following question: What were the MESS's current goals in Frequesue? It was plain that Indhopal was still very much concerned by Tian Xia's presence in the South, the recent affair in Costa and the possibility of MESS/CATO tensions turning Frequesue into a battlefield once more. Perhaps Cascadia could open up the back channels once more.

edit:Because I forgot that Cascadia was not a member of the MESS :x .
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Royal Palace

"I was mildly surprised you didn't go to the summit."

Lonestar glanced up from the mountain of paperwork and glared at the head of ODARPA.

"Blitzschlag. I didn't hear you come in. Or tell you you could."

The old man sat down on one of the easy chairs in the office. "So many heads of states, and you send your foreign minister? Tsk."

Lonestar suppressed an urge to roll his eyes. Blitzschlag was clearly in one of his moods.

"(1)If Lord Wythe were alive I would have sent him, war or no war (2)I don't have time for Model UN crap," Blitzschlag raised an eyebrow at the unfamiliar term "(3)I'm far from the only leader who didn't go. The Huang Di sent his Foreign Minister as well."

"Ah yes, two of the most belligerent MESS members avoiding the conference. I'm sure that will send a clear message." Blitzschlag said dryly. "Speaking of the Huang Di, did you see the gossip column yesterday?"

"If you are referring to his upcoming nuptials, I already sent him my congratulations."

"A monarch needs an heir." Lonestar remained silent, unsure of how the conversation shifted gears so suddenly. "Lord Fairfax, you need a heir."

"Well...I'm very flattered Doctor but I don't swing..."

"I'm being serious. If you were to fall over dead tomorrow Lord Winton would have claim to the title of Lord Protector as your next closest relative. I might add that you aren't exactly the most healthy individual, in my medical opinion." He glared at the glass of Liquid Banjo.

"Thank you Doctor. But I can't just run out and..."

"Stop being Facetious! You and Lady Sterling have known each other, in the very real and Biblical sense, since your time in Service!"

"Well...maybe I'm not the type to settle down."

"You are the most reliable creature of habit I have every met."

Lonestar was now even more irritated, mostly because it was a true statement. "So noted."

Blitzschlag seemed satisfied that he had wont he argument. "So, what did you tell King Paul about Sirnoth?"

"I told him that we plan on exiting as soon as possible, and the scope of the coalition provisional authority would be dependent on how deep the rot has gone into the Sirnothi Society."

Blitzschlag smiled. "So does that mean you have found your Ealdorman to be Governor-General of Sirnoth?"

"Not yet, but I have a short list...."
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

This… Is Worldwide One, news and entertainment straight from the heart of San Dorado!

CoFoR: MESS Handling Of Byzantine Question 'Utterly Tactless'

"Utterly without tact and consideration", is how a spokesperson for the Commission for Foreign Relations described the MESS alliance has chosen to handle the eviction of the Byzantine Empire from its ranks. "This is a vivid example of exactly how not to handle a thorny situation like this. It is understandable that some might feel that the 'Byzantine Question' needed answering, but to so bluntly burn ones bridges, during a world summit intended primarily to resolve lingering issues between MESS and CATO no less... No, I would not be surprised at all to see diplomatic schools around the globe use this incident as a prime example of how not to handle a sensitive matter like this for many decades to come."

USDLP To Build Underwater City

Preliminary designs for the underwater base, clearly drawn by a hysterical and overambitious engineer.

The University of San Dorado and La Palma has announced plans to begin construction of an experimental underwater city later this year. The submersed hamlet will take the shape of a number of pressurized domes built on the bottom of the Orizaco Bay, linked to the mainland with either tube lines and mini submarines.

According to a university spokesperson the goals of the project are twofold: “first and foremost if we could extend our fair cities to the bottom of the sea that would solve the immense problem of space scarcity here in San Dorado. But the project would also be an opportunity to study how humans perform when they spend prolonged periods in relatively confined spaces surrounded by a hostile environment, something that might come in handy with the space program.”

Initially the city to-be will be populated almost exclusively by university researchers, but if the project turns out to be a success the settlement will be expanded into a fully functioning underwater community. The city as of yet has no name, but the university has named its ambitious submersed experiment ‘project Rapture’.

Sabika To Join Frequesuan Economic Community

The Sabikan Republic is set to join the nascent FEC as its third member. President Henry Kalawi of Sabika signed into law a treaty to that effect that the Sabikan Parliament ratified earlier this week. “I fully believe this treaty will bolster our economy and ensure the future prosperity of the Sabikan people”, Kalawi said in a brief statement.

Sabika is the third country after Indhopal and the North Frequesuan Trust to join the Economic Community, whose professed main goal is “preserve peace and liberty and to lay the foundations of an ever closer union among the peoples of Frequesue through economic cooperation and integration”, according to the organization’s official statute.

Some liberal pundits have already called the FEC the ‘spiritual successor’ to the now-dead Frequesuan Treaty Organization. “The FTO wished to be a military alliance first, and an economic entity second. What they didn’t understand is that military power flows from economic strength, not the other way around. This economic community is a far better way to uplift our continent”, wrote one prominent blogger.

Marine Energy Plant Inaugurated

Chairman Rory Lorenz today officially opened the Fallston Marine Energy Factory, an experimental tidal power plant park just off the coast from Fallston. The facility generates energy by harnessing the power of the tides and simultaneously acts as an artificial breaker for Fallston harbour and the nearby CATO and NFN fleet facilities.

The higher density of water, 832 times the density of air, means that tidal generators can provide significant power, particularly off Fallston where powerful undercurrents are prevalent.

According to the chairman the tidal park, a USDLP project made possible with subsidies from several large corporations, is a sign that the Second Wave Electrification Project is about to pay off. The project is an ambitious plan to overhaul Coilerburg’s ailing electrical infrastructure to effect a move away from fossil fuels and toward renewable energy sources.

Other elements of Second Wave Electrification include the construction of three nuclear powerplants with help from the UCSR, the erection of a massive sea-based wind farm by MacMillan Multipower, and a prestige project aimed at building the continent’s first commercially viable fusion reactor in Rotherburgh, again with help from the UCSR, widely considered to be the world’s leading experts on fusion research after the success of the COMMUNE-1 reactor.

Legal Experts Agree: FNT Void

The North Frequesuan Trust is not beholden to the Frequesuan Neutrality Treaty. This conclusion is drawn by San Dorado-based law experts Stromberg, Anderson & Gerrard. SA&G were contracted by the Syndicate to conduct an impartial legal investigation into the matter after the NFT’s decision to join CATO caused confusion in international diplomatic circles. Membership of the international alliance broke several key aspects of the treaty, principally those forbidding signatories to allow foreign influence upon the continent.

“But”, explained Mark Anderson of SA&G, “whilst it is true that San Dorado did ratify the treaty Coilerburg never did, and neither did the NFT. Moreover it is our conclusion that the Treaty of Incorporation voids the NFT of responsibility to uphold any treaties signed by its members pre-incorporation relating to fields whereover the NFT has overruling jurisdiction, excepting those specifically mentioned in the Treaty of Incorporation. Since the NFT has overruling jurisdiction in all matters relating to foreign affairs and the Neutrality Treaty is not mentioned in the Treaty of Incorporation, the NFT cannot be held accountable to it.”

Commenting on the conclusions of the SA&G study comissioner Duquesne (CoFoR), currently in Cascadia for the World Summit, nevertheless reaffirmed that the NFT remains committed “to the underlying principles” of the treaty.

Grand Easterly Ceremoniously Re-Opened

In Halisbad, Coilerburg representatives of Sabika and Coilerburg today celebrated the re-opening of the ‘Grand Easterly’ railway. “A historic occasion” according to historians. The railway, connecting Halisbad in Coilerburg to Saffronburg and then Mar del Plata in Sabika, was originally built in the 1920s but fell into disuse after relations between Sabika and Coilerburg steadily worsened from the 1960s onward.

Large parts of the railway were blown up or otherwise sabotaged during Iler’s War, rendering the tracks unusable, but a joint NFT-Sabikan initiative saw the old railway restored. Currently only one set of tracks is usable, with another following early next year. The Grand Easterly is links the rail networks of Sabika and Coilerburg and will be used to efficiently move both freight and passengers across the savannahs of north-eastern Frequesue.

Many see the restoration of the railway as symbolic for the steadily improving relations between the NFT and Sabika. Certainly with the Sabikan entrance into the FEC the railway will play a key part in the economic integration of the region.

NFS Varuna To Greet Virtue Of Courage

NFS Varuna during a visit to Farbanti, Shroomania

The legacy gun cruiser and training ship Varuna will sail out to meet the PeZookian Virtue of Courage tall sailing ship on the high seas when it is bound for Frequesue, the North Frequesuan Navy confirmed.

Virtue of Courage, a sailing ship of the PeZookian navy, is set to embark on a journey around the world, and will be the first sailing ship to cross the Pacific since the times of the Great Discoveries. Varuna is a venerable antique, a ship constructed by the Shroomanian Navy just prior to the Second World War and sold to the Mahrata Navy of Tanstaafl in the late 1940s. It and its sister ship Vayu served in active duty until the formation of the CNFN, whereupon they were transferred to a duty as training ships.

New Assault Carrier Christened

Under the watchful eye of Miratian and NFT officials Mrs. Elizabeth Lewiston christened the assault carrier NFS Adventure today by smashing a bottle of Vineyardian champagne against its hull.

Adventure, the fifth ship of the name serving in the San Dorado and subsequently North Frequesuan navies, is the first of two Millennium class amphibious assault carriers currently under construction by Blues Brothers Steel & Shipping. She is slated to begin a year of trials sometime next month. The ship is notable in many respects, but perhaps mostly for its networked system of laser point defences, weapons of Byzantine manufacture.

“She’s a beauty, a fine ship” said Mrs. Lewiston, the wife of Captain Benedict Lewiston, formerly of the destroyer Adventure and currently chief of operations at Port Regal fleet base.

SinTEK introduces Biomonitoring Chip

Biotechnology corporation SinTEK has introduced the Mk I biochip on the market, an electronically readable subdermally implantable microchip that will monitor a patients vital signs in order to help prevent a wide range of health hazards including strokes, several forms of cancer, high blood pressure, blood clotting and heart attacks.

According to a spokesperson for the megacorporation the biochip “will greatly help patients stay healthy by providing them with accurate feedback about their health, and has the potential of greatly reducing the number of unnecessary fatalities due to unnoticed ailments”. The company is working on an in-body chemical dispenser tie-in which will automatically release substances like anticoagulants, blood pressure control statins or aspirin into the blood stream as soon as the biochip detects a potential health hazard.

Several PeZookian conspiracy magazines have objected to the chip already, calling it ‘the Mark of the Beast’ and ‘the beginning of the Shroomwellian Society’.

Rocket Authority Announces Manned Orbital Laboratory

The North Frequesuan Rocket Authority, the civilian branch of the Rocket Forces, have announced plans to launch a ‘manned orbital laboratory’. Developed together with Ralson Aerospace the MOL is to be a space station where astronauts will conduct zero-gravity research “for industrial purposes”.

Ralson Aerospace has for some time been hesitant to involve itself in the building of space stations, citing concerns over profitability as a main concern. When asked what made them change their mind CEO Jenny Ralson commented that “times are changing. High-precision zero-gravity manufacturing is a potentially very interesting market, one we should do well to investigate before others monopolize the market. And besides, the Rocket Authority is paying us well.”

According to preliminary specifications MOL is slated to be launched aboard a Lucrelance III rocket, which is capable of lifting a maximum of 33 tons into low earth orbit, but the system would be fitted with standard docking hatches to facilitate easy expansion of the laboratory with multiple modules. Rocket Authority plans further call for resupply by automated Carnegie transfer vehicles and crew rotation by regular Silver Streak and Silver Star flights.

[OOC: That's pretty much it for me for the coming week. I'm off packing bags and such now. See you all in May!]
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

LIVE on ShroomSat/StratTV
AUX News Presents:
THE FALAFEL FACTOR WITH PHIL O'LIELY
(FUCK IT! We're doing it LIVE!)

Phalafel Phil O'Liely calls it as he sees it in this latest installment of the FALAFEL FACTOR!

"Once again, friends, more morosely malicious MESS meandering maligns yet another respectable nation of our global community - this time one amongst their very own elite number, great Byzantium itself! You've seen it all on the news, seen it on the Sentinel, on CNN, on Worldwide One, on Pravda and on the Daily Rag, so you know what I'm talking about! The MESS' major mega mongo boner in Byzantium. The Byzantium Boner, as I'd like to call it. Hah!

"The major faux pass was perpetrated by none other than the affluent and well-to-do President Rufus Shinra, of the esteemed Shinra Republic. A faux pas done on Everyone's Favorite Holy Roman Hardcase, Emperor Heraclius himself! You think ole Rufus could've picked someone else OTHER THAN the biggest Byzantine bambini buttkicking banger, like someone who's NOT Emperor 'Does Heraclius Have To Choke a [EXPLETIVE DELETED]'!

"To make matters worse, the guy did it within the sight, sound and smell of Premier Shady as well! Talk about bettering CATO-MESS relations on the eve of the Cascadian Conference. What a mess, MESS. Nice one! Smooth move, MESS! Like a pack of lube on some greased lightning!

"Just take a look at the Canissians complementing the slick Shinrans:
CANISSIA ISSUES PROTEST OVER BYZANTINE TREATMENT wrote:"We were under the impression that this was going to be done with some semblance of class and dignity," Defense Minister Ral Tenn said before the press after the resolution had been drafted. "The Canissian position was that this was going to be the opening round of talks aimed at finding a new, more comfortable place for Byzantine involvement. Not to deliver an insulting ultimatum to one who had been an ally and friend."
"Real slick, Shinra.

"See, this shows a real fundamental mental problem. Look at them, the shrill Shinra sheeps bleating on and on about CATO aggression, CATO expansion, CATO this and CATO that, how 'CATO looks like to the rest of the world' and all that. Yet, really, it's not as if they're doing anything different. Well, they are. They gone round and did this big Byzantine boner. And it's a really big Byzantine boner.

"A full member of the MESS being sullied, ultimatum'ed, and ditched in a gutter? Is that how you do things, MESS? Is that how you treat your full members? Makes me wonder how you treat your own observers. Fair and balanced? Equal? Or NOT? Byzantium was once a big buddy of yours in your secret little treehouse fun club, and now Byzantium's got the boot because they want to see Byzantium fall off the tree house and BREAK ITS NECK.

"That, ladies and Gentiles, is HOW they treat their fellowman. With contempt and disrespect and belligerence, which says a whole lot about the way they conduct foreign policy."

"And now we're in damage-control mode, and we've got the Canissians - another mighty MESS member - saying outright that it was a big-boo-boo on part of the Shinrans. Woopsie, looks like MESS made a poopsie! And now they're all flip-flopping! Look at them, like fish. Flipping fish. Flipping flopping flying fishies. They're all fish-faced. Fish-lipped. Fish-eyed. Breathing out of their goddamn gills. Eating plankton and seaweed and krill. Now you see their true faces, those scales and fins and flippers! Sometimes 'I told you so' doesn't quite cut it, don't you think?

"I think so.

"And this is what I've been saying all along. It's not the CATO that has the big 'PR Problem'. It's the MESS. The MESS is all up in arms about the CATO 'expansionism'. But WHY is there CATO expansionism in the first place, I ask you?

"Here's the answer:

"CATO's expansion comes BECAUSE of the MESS PR Problem. It's not about how the rest of the world sees CATO. It's about how the rest of the world sees the MESS. BECAUSE a whole LOT of the rest of the world IS with CATO!"

"Sad to say, this big Byzantium boner was a really big one, on part of the MESS members. It sticks out of their trousers all embarrassingly, this big Byzantine boner. It's gone up and it's gonna be really long and hard for the MESS members to make it go away. The Big Byzantium Boner is a sticky situation, really messy. For the MESS. They'll have to clean up afterwards, with lots of tissue paper and rubbing alcohol. And that might not get rid of the lingering stink of splooge. Semen, I mean. It's really humiliating, that's what it is. They'll have to change their sheets. The Shinrans' stained sheets, specially.

"Even after they've washed it off, it's still gonna leave that thick hard crust of dried up sperms.

"Just think about it. Try to visualize it. Or not.

"On that note, remember folks:

"THEY distort and deride! WE report and you decide! Fair and balanced! AUX News is where its at! This is Phil O'Liely in the FALAFEL FACTOR, reporting live on ShroomSat/StratTV! AND NOW A WORD FROM OUR SPONSORS!"

THE MACMILLAN MIRAKAR MEGAMALL IN MIRATIA! Radical! Cool! Stick it! OPENING SOON!

Results:
The MacMillan Megacorporation opens a new Megamall in the capital of Miratia.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Somewhere in Zagor, UCSR

"Alright boys, nice and quiet. That son of a bitch is here somewhere."

The small squad of Black Hand soldiers had been hunting the escaped test subject for days, but the forests of Zagor were vast and held many places where the creature could hide. It was not an easy search, even for elite soldiers like them. Not to mention that their prey was no ordinary man, It was doubtful if the creature could even be called human anymore.

"Sir, look.", one of the soldiers called out to his commander, "Blood."

"Is it his?", the commander asked.

"It would appear so.", the soldier answered, "We must have wounded him more seriously than we thought."

"We must find him quickly, before he regenerates.", the commander said, "Move out."

The group of soldiers moved quickly through the forest, following a trail of blood. Their target was wounded and tired, it would not be long before they caught up with it. But they had to be careful, their target was a fruit of years of scientific research, conducted on the alien vampire virus. Their target had many abilities resulting from the experiments that were conducted on it, one of these abilities was extremely fast regeneration of wounds.

Half an hour later, deep within the forests of Zagor

Hunted like an animal, forced to feed on wild animals, forced to run constantly, to escape. He had to escape, he had to find his family. They had betrayed him, the government had betrayed him, the people he trusted had betrayed him. He could trust noone. They promised him strength and power, eternal life even; in exchange for his loyalty. They said that he; Ivan, would be a hero of the motherland. But they had betrayed him, the experiment was a failure, he was a disfigured mutant, a horrible creature of the night; he was no longer human, he had to escape- to see his family again.

But first he had to feed, he needed blood; to heal his wounds- so he could fight again. The deer he killed would be a welcome meal, one that would restore his strength. And then, Ivan would have his revenge.

To be continued...

Results: Vampire Virus Mutants vs the Black Hand, Fight. 8) :D
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Project C.O.R.E.

Deep Six, Secret Military Facility, Somewhere in the UCSR

The facility had originally been intended to become a nuclear shelter, it was constructed underneath a massive mountain, kilometers underground. But it's purpose was changed, it now housed scientists and soldiers, a covert facility where secret scientific experiments were being conducted. It was one of many such facilities, spread out across the UCSR. This one specialized in Cybernetics, Project C.O.R.E. ; to be precise.

Project C.O.R.E.(The Cybernetic Organism Research Experiment) was a joint CSR-Shroomanian project for many years, it had specialized in developing cybernetic implants that would augment the natural capabilities of human soldiers. Most of the early experiments were conducted on animals, including dolphins. After the initial experiments proved to be successful, the UCSR-Shroomanian authorities had decided to proceed with human testing.

The first human test subject was a volunteer from the Union Ministry of the Interior, Colonel Gennady Muranov, better known, in the more shadowy circles of the UCSR Government, under the moniker ‘Comrade Hammer’. An extremely talented and capable soldier, even before his augmentation; who had proven him self worthy by eliminating numerous enemies of the Union, through any means necessary.

Now that his augmentation was almost complete, ‘Comrade Hammer’ was ready for the first field test. He just needed a target.

Result: Project C.O.R.E. bears it's first results. Also: ‘Comrade Hammer’ :D
Darth Coyotus
Redshirt

Post by Darth Coyotus »

DESERT TEST SITE, JAPANISTAN

Seismic and atmosphere sensors-- as well as spy satellites, agents, and the ever-paranoid eyes of other, rival, watchful governments-- noted the detonation of a nuclear test in the secret military test site of Japanistan. Some of the reasons for Japanistan's recent secretive behavior, and retreat from the international scene, has most likely been revealed-- a crash atomic bomb program.

Careful analysis of the blast will reveal that the Japanistani bomb is not particularly powerful-- about a 2-megaton blast, really --and not particularly sophisticated, either. It is not even known if they have the means to mount it on a missile: reports leaking from the test site say that it was air-dropped by a jet, like an old-fashioned gravity bomb. But sophisticated or not, Japanistan has nuclear weapons to add to their known or suspected arsenals of chemical, biological, and radiological/'dirty'-bomb stocks.

No public statements have been made by the Imperial Throne about the test; but a photograph has reached foreign websites that was smuggled out by an official from the test site.

The photograph purportedly shows several ranks of men, believed to be Malay political prisoners, dressed in surplus uniforms and issued as much realistic kit as possible (including old rifles with the bolts removed) to test the effects of the blast on troop formations. It is not known if this is a real or doctored photo.

More as events unfold.
ATTENTION: This account is an authorized sockpuppet belonging to Coyote. It is for the sole purpose of posting 'Bad Guy' plots and storylines in the STGODS forum.

LET THE EVIL BEGIN!!
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
Karmic Knight
Jedi Master

Post by Karmic Knight »

News from the Vinish Press

CNBC Reorganization

The Commonwealth News Broadcasting Channel has been reorganized by the office of King Brandon into the new Commonwealth Broadcasting Corporation, a governmentally owned broadcasting corporation that is building off of the success of the CNBC to report during the Counter Coup Crisis. The CBC now owns the licence for the CNBC, along with a radio channel referred to as Radio Commonwealth.

The New CNBC
The New CNBC World News Headquarters in Sheoth

CNBC will be moving crosstown to the CNBC World News Headquarters, the move is slated for July, after the completion of the wiring for the various studios. CNBC News Hour will also be replaying on the Science Fiction Channel, which is owned by the 'Communications Cartel,' a joint work of Shroomanian, San Doradan, and Vinish firms.

Radio Commonwealth: Ron and Fez

Ron and Fez, the new hosts of Radio Commonwealth

Radio personalities Ron Benningshroom and Fez Whatley signed contracts with the CBC the same day as its creation, and now will act as the mascots of the new news station, Radio Commonwealth, hosting the nighttime talk show the Ron and Fez Show to all corners of the Commonwealth. They previously were employed by a San Doradan Radio firm.
This is an empty country and I am it's king, and I should not be allowed to touch anything.