SDNWorld Redux: Story Thread the Fourth

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Re: SDNWorld Redux: Story Thread the Fourth

Post by Raj Ahten »

SiegeTank wrote:
Duquesne struggled to maintain her impassive expression, the faintest trace of irritability seeping into her voice as she replied. "First and foremost, CATO as such controls nothing on our continent. CATO is a multinational alliance with a mutual defense clause, not a monolithic colonial empire. The Indhopali reactionaries - a term which I remind you was used by yourself first - would do well to remember this before they break down in hysterics. Certainly Sabika and the Tanstaafl Raj have welcomed our change of allegiance, and they each have far more cause for concern than Indhopal does.

And on the subject of political realities, I can say to you right now that the Trust will never agree to simply relinquish Eastern Occidental to you. It doesn't matter what people in Indhopal say about San Dorado, or Coilerburg for that matter--one way or another it'll be unpalatable to the Syndicate.

So if it's a deal you want, here it is: Eastern Occidental remains completely autonomous, and is formally recognized as an independent state by Indhopal, San Dorado and Coilerburg. In return for that recognition the local government will ensure completely equal economic opportunities for Indhopali and NFT industries seeking to invest in the region. The region will be incorporated into the FEC, enjoying all the benefits of the free trade agreement. And if the local government asks for military assistance they will do so to a joint NFT-Indhopali body, which will work out the details of the if and how assistance is provided. No foreign troops will be stationed in Eastern Occidental, or cross into it, without unanimous approval from this body."

The commissioner folded her arms. "That's about the best I can do right now."
The purposed deal was something Christophe could go home with. The voting would likely be really ugly though. He also thought San Dorado was deluding itself about the true nature of CATO. Best not to mention that however.

"That's an offer I can bring back to the parliament. The 'ensuring equal economic opportunities' part is a nice touch and should settle the hot heads down a bit. Even though if the Occidental actually joins the FEC it would be unnecessary. I think its best that we don't have a joint press conference on this. Unless there is something else you wish to discuss I believe this should conclude our business."
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Hue, IRT

- It is my utmost honour to meet you, Chairman Nguyen, - the former Crimson leader smiled. - Living out my retirement proved a blessing more than most could think, every or most promises I gave upon rising to the office of the President I have fulfilled, my people are now respected around the world for their might and the prestige of our new union treaties seems to be growing every day. And how are your... profits doing? Heard you're going for business with the pariahs, - Stanislav didn't waste an opportunity to poke the IRT chairman while simultaneously moving to the subject of the talk. - Must be uncomfortable, I presume. In any case, let me ask you a simple question: what would it take for you to disclose the information about your dealings with Japanistan to it's continental neighbors... oh, of course, I'm not going to run circles around the main issue of IRT-Japanistan ties, the issue which is rather discomforting not only myself as a person, but also most of my esteemed colleagues in the political establishment.

- However, quite unlike the brute force or intimidation approach some were advocating, - Stanislav stressed, continuing, - I have come here in person for a mere talk. Of course, any unofficial agreements may later become official. The problem is that we also have a vested interest in some political deals with Japanistan, and in securing Japanistan's non-hostility... well, to an extent possible of course... in the Old Continent, which would be one of our top priorities what concerns foreign policy. You may feel these matters shouldn't concern the Incorporated Republic of Tonkin, and you'd be well within your rights. All I'm doing is asking. And of course, I know that every agreement has it's price, - he made a long paused. - So name yours, - the President didn't spare the second chance to poke the IRT while remaining all politically correct.

- Oh and incidentally, that Red Dawn remake is totally tasteless fluff, - he added in the end. - Fun though.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Riot In Fenraven!

Protests in front of the Shroomanian embassy turned violent today as demonstrators calling for the dissolution of "the Fascist Neo-Colonialist CATO," attempted to push past riot police and occupy the embassy. Police engaged the rioters in a running battle with tear gas and water cannons. The rioters responded with flaming mushrooms and iron bars. Some 40 people, including 23 policeman are reported being injured. The Fenraven police report making over 80 arrests.

PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

New Military Journal

Simulators for Katangwa

The Journal has received information today that Mielec Aircraft Factory has entered a bid to provide airplane simulators to Katangwa.

According to our sources, the government-owned factory has proposed to construct a fully equipped facility for training Katangwan fighter pilots. The modern building will contain lecture halls, physical training rooms, showers, a library and swimming pool, living quarters and, of course, simulator rooms: equipped with twelve state-of-the-art Mig-29 simulator units, capable of operating in a network. Four so called "full-experience" simulators would also be installed at the facility, with the former setup used to train pilots in formation flying, and the latter to drill them in the basic of operating a high-performance jet fighter.

His Majesty's Air Force is also rumored to have agreed to provide instructors and qualified technicians to teach local Katangwans how to operate and maintaing the equipment. Total costs of the facility are said to be estimated at 52 million dollars, and will be covered under a no-cost 20-year loan provided by the PeZookian government.

A Networked Simulation Unit on display at the Fabowice Defence Fair, 2014
Last edited by PeZook on 2009-05-04 12:42pm, edited 1 time in total.
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Darth Coyotus
Redshirt

Post by Darth Coyotus »

SOUTH COSTAS INTERIOR

Lukin Grey shouldered the USCR-made SVD Dragunov sniper rifle, fitting it to his shoulder with ease-- like a married man "catching up with" an old girlfriend. His feelings for the rifle were more a sense of fondness for the nostalgia it represented in his life; he'd learned the Dragunov at an early age and that familiarity was comforting, even if now, older, he'd long since "graduated" to superior sniper rifles.

Now, if he referred to the rifle at all, it was usually connected to the phrase "more reputation that realistic". But he knew it, and could use it when the time was right. Like now.

"Now" was a target of supreme opportunity. The mayor of a small Costas village that was pro-MESS was out and about. Flags of the MESS Alliance in general, and in particular Canissia, were seen in many windows and from balconies. Ostensibly, the RUF was in-country to spoil relations between MESS and CATO, primarily by using MESS equipment in actions against CATO personnel. They had only a few CATO weapons to stir the hornets' nest in the other direction, but they had the SVD, and a couple suppressed AKS-74Us and some other light CATO and Baerneland favorites. In some cases, older weapons no longer in line CATO service-- but had been distributed to pro-Baerne villages in Costas-- were available.

Lukin barely even noticed the trigger squeeze, and by the time the recoil factored into his awareness, the round was already out the barrel. He noticed the perfect hit, and slid down the hillside out of sight, not even noticing the body of the mayor trying to take one more step, the smile on his face frozen in wonderment, the spray of blood of the exit wound on the shocked child, and the sudden slump of the carcass to the ground. By the time the screaming started, Lukin was already running full-tilt back among his comrades, and they were ready to go.

The village had been sighted earlier from afar, and easily identified as pro-MESS. The small breakaway team consisted of Lukin, Riggo, and two others for security and backup in case things went pear-shaped. They's picked their way to a rocky basin, carved millenia ago by lava and then retreating glaciers, and changed boots to CATO-issue types, and put on old surplus Byzantine-style summerweight ghillie suits. They made sure to move in CATO fireteam formation and operate CATO to standard-- most of it still based on the old CSR playbook. The pro-MESS mayor was assassinated, and the team hustled away back tot he rocky basin where they hastily changed boots again. They then ran downstream in the murky jungle water to where the rest of the RUF waited patiently.

At the team hid site, they changed completely from their Byzantine ghillies back into their Canissian ponchos and took off again, heade dback to theri original target of the road.

"Didja have fun?" Kelah asked, disapproving of Lukin's detour. "We coulda' picked that ratfucker off at any time."
"Not without doubling back," Lukin said, still catching his breath from their run. "Once we hit this road, we can't cross back without walking into a hornet's nest. We'll be whacking Baernish regulars."

"Enough," Blackpelt said, "An anti-MESS hit will help keep both sides off-balance. Let's get to the damn road and do our jobs, everyone."
ATTENTION: This account is an authorized sockpuppet belonging to Coyote. It is for the sole purpose of posting 'Bad Guy' plots and storylines in the STGODS forum.

LET THE EVIL BEGIN!!
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

New Plans For Old Carrier

The North Frequesuan Navy has confirmed that it has commissioned a new study into a possible new future for the ageing assault carrier Pride and Profit. The ship, set to be phased out of active service as the second Millennium class ship comes online sometime late next year, was originally slated to be scrapped now that buyers have failed to materialize. Many in the navy were uncomfortable with that decision however, feeling the gray lady had plenty years left in her.

Under consideration now are several potential new futures for the ship. One of those is a proposition by Byzantine advisors to turn the ship into a floating helicopter dock for anti-submarine warfare. Another is a proposal by retired Shroomanian commodore Berthold Brunwick for an extensive multi-year refit that would see Pride and Profit converted into an angled-deck 'light assault carrier' capable of carrying and launching between twenty and thirty Rafale-M fighters.

Insiders within the Paragon say that Brunwick's plan has piqued the interests of the highest echelon, many of whom have long pined for a second carrier to back up the Monkeylord. Feasibility studies are currently being conducted by Blues Brothers...
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

LIVE to ShroomSat/StratTV
The Shroomanian Scientific Society
VALKYR

Aesir Pharmaceuticals' corporate logo.

In conjunction with the development of the Helgan armor system, the Zorian Aesir Pharmaceuticals company has begun testing a new generation of combat enhancement stimulants. A step above the amphetamine-based pep-pills used in certain air forces, Aesir's new stim-pack will not only promote the production of adrenalin and epinephrine to induce the so-called fight-or-flight reaction, but also the release of painkilling endorphins and coagulation factors in the body, which stem the tide of any injury-sustained bleeding.

The experimental substance has been tentatively labeled VALKYR and is intended to boost the combat effectiveness of Zorian soldiers by cranking up reaction time and sensory awareness while decreasing pain response and susceptibility to injury.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Raj Ahten wrote:Riot In Fenraven!

Protests in front of the Shroomanian embassy turned violent today as demonstrators calling for the dissolution of "the Fascist Neo-Colonialist CATO," attempted to push past riot police and occupy the embassy. Police engaged the rioters in a running battle with tear gas and water cannons. The rioters responded with flaming mushrooms and iron bars. Some 40 people, including 23 policeman are reported being injured. The Fenraven police report making over 80 arrests.

A day prior to the riotings, Shroomanian nationals in Indhopal were quickly given a heads-up when they all simultaneously received text messages containing but four letters.

"GTFO"

Exactly 28 hours later, Fenraven exploded in an orgy of civil unrest. But the Shroomanian Embassy had an answer to the thousands of hooligans and fringe world yokels besieging its fine facilities. From behind the razor-wire fences, an embassy employee stood tall on a folding chair and brought with him a megaphone.

Then he made his proclamation:

"Citizens of Indhopal. In the light of your failure to elect a competent ruling body and thus to govern yourselves, we hereby give notice of the revocation of your independence, effective today. Bombing will commence in five minutes. Good night and good luck, god speed!"

The crowds of rioters fell silent, aghast at the proclamation. Moments afterwards, many began to shriek in horror while hysterics took over the lot of them - men, women and children began running around like headless chickens, while others placed bags on their heads and lied down on the floor waiting to die. Panic, fear and loathing in Fenraven as men went mad and as women wept blood, and as children soiled themselves as they forgot their toilet training. There was much tearing of hair and gnashing of teeth.

In the meanwhile, the man on the folding chair in Shroomanian Embassy ground, the man with the megaphone, one Mister Mallory McMahon, began to laugh.

He laughed.

He laughed for all of them to hear with his megaphone, and at his guffawing the flailing Fenraveners ceased their convulsations and fell silent once more.

Then Mallory told them that he was just kidding.

Before he could laugh some more, the Fenraveners began to boo him and severely intensified the chucking of their burning mushrooms. In inconsolable rage, some of them clambered over the fence of the Embassy in a deranged attempt to go in and beat the living shit out of Mallory McMahon.

The Fenraveners screamed as they were entangled in the razor-wire.

Then the Mushroom Marines came. Unlike their counterparts in San Dorado, they were not cleared by the host government to use lethal force on civilians, so instead they began hitting the strangulating Fenraveners with cattle prods.

In an attempt to dislodge them from the razor-wire, so that they could be freed and brought to medical attention.
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Darth Coyotus
Redshirt

Post by Darth Coyotus »

BYZANTINE DIPLOMATIC HALL

Ambassador Inoue smiled and gave the proper, polite bow to his Byzantine counterpart.

"We have considered the exchange of students programme you mentioned," the Ambassador said, "And come to an agreement. We would like to begin th eprogram with 100 students, selected from our finest, top-performing schools. We were primarily interested in exchanges among Engineering and Electronics fields, if the Byzantine Empire is amenable to such..."

KEMPEITAI GHQ, NEOTOKYO

Colonel Hidoshi looked at the various intel folders that came to him from his analysis directorites. Again, they had combed newspapers, Interweb, popular magazines, and science networks as well as reports from agents (both witting and unwitting) to form an overall picture. In this particular instance, the picture formed was childishly easy to see; the Byzantines were very publicly announcing their intent to build a "resort" along the Arabian sea.

This decision to build a massive resort, so soon after talks had been heard about a "vast inter-continental nuclear train" was seen for what it no doubt was: a giant CATO-MESS train for troops and military supplies to rush from the farthest reaches of the Old Continent to right close to Japanistan for rapid deployment. Naturally, the train ran through Canissia, where --thanks to the carefully-staged "MESS-CATO tensions" and the "confrontation" with Byzantium, huge number sof Shinra Republic forces had been relocated.

"The MESS will have another one of their 'exercises'," one of Hidoshi's analysts had said, "And use the opportunity to station vast numbers of of forces in Canissia, ready to be rushed to the front with the nuclear train. They are trying to soften us up by staging arguments and disagreements; adding great stagecraft by removing forces nearby but repositioning them in an area where they can be brought back quickly."

Colonel Hidoshi agreed. The train, of course, and it's tracks, would take awhile to complete, so he figured they had time-- for now. The MESS-CATO "conflicts" would continue for some time --conveniently providing excuses to ramp up defense budgets, of course, as well-- but by the time this trans-continental train was ready, the endgame would be about ready.

Colonel Hidoshi had to get agents on the ground quickly. The RUF actions were, in fact, creating some turbulence in Frequesque; and reports from Mr. Hokuzai shored up Japanistani hopes that Indhopal would become a willing partner in stopping MESS-CATO imperialism. After all, were they not, also, facing 'encirclement' by Colonialist forces, as surely as Japanistan? A recent nation study had said that Indhopal would be an excellent candidate for alliance and a decent replacement for the trade lost by the destruction of Shepistan.

That it would greatly frustrate Imperialist goals in Frequesque was but icing on the cake.

The Kempeitai man began to pen his own recommendations to the Sunshine Council for the next meeting. We must infiltrate the construction of the train tracks and get an idea for the tolerances and weight-bearing of the rails and railbed, he wrote, It is also likely that while the Imperialist leaders of CATO and MESS are no doubt in collusion with one another over these conflicts, the people themselves and quite likely the highest branches of their militaries are in the dark about the larger goals and, indeed, are acting as if the MESS-CATO conflicts are genuine. This would make a perfect operation, since the chess-playing and maneuvers by the governments and military would be genuine reactions based on lies from the very top.

It therefore stands to reason that the MESS-CATO heads of state are the ones that are planning the encirclement maneuvers and that the secret plans no doubt are confined to a small cadre of people at the very top. As the Imperialists move into theri final phase --the completion of the 'nuclear train' project, we must begin to look for signs of a carefully-staged 'thaw in relations' between the alliances, and some sort of 'provocative action' staged by them to make Japanistan appear to be the instigator of a aggression that would justify CATO-MESS unification.

He would make the concern more formal later, but for now, it was good enough. What he'd need to think about next, was what Japanistan would do to counter this encirclement and looming strike... and if Japanistan could, perhaps, create a good first strike option of their own and nullify the Imperialist threat.
ATTENTION: This account is an authorized sockpuppet belonging to Coyote. It is for the sole purpose of posting 'Bad Guy' plots and storylines in the STGODS forum.

LET THE EVIL BEGIN!!
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

In response o the ongoing civil unrest around the Shroomanian embassy, the entire district was put in lock down and things got back to normal rather quickly. The local police were fairly experienced at dealing with riots.

Then word of the embassy worker's comments got out. Protest organizers tried to get to the embassy again but weren't even allowed inside the city. Some in parliament said, "this proves that the Shroomites are fascist dogs!" and "Never trust a Shroom!"

But as these were mostly fringe radicals the official response was more muted. It merely said that such inflammatory comments from Shroomanian officials only further exacerbated the situation. Meanwhile the main stream politicians demanded an apology.

One commentator said,
"This sort of thing is why we stopped being part of the Shroomanian empire. Too many 'jokes' at our expense."
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

COSTA COUNTERSTRIKE
South Costas, Interior

Major Butch Schaefer froze and held out his hand, signaling his men to hold and go down low. He shouldered his rifle and moved forward to their pointman, Billy, who had found something.

"Bootprints," Billy said. The Wiapolo Indian was a natural tracker and could see things most people could not perceive. He was at the head of their formation, with his rifle, underslung semi-automatic shotgun and machete.

"Still the MESS standard?" Butch asked in his Shroomstrian accent. They had been tracking the mysterious death squad that had been launching raids into villages over the interior. The only hint of their presence, aside from all the corpses, were the MESS bootprints and the MESS-standard shell casings.

"No," Billy shook his head. "Crimson boots. Laid out in old-fashioned Red Army infantry formation."

"I thought we were tracking the MESS bootprints." Butch wondered.

"We were." Billy nodded as he resumed moving. "Don't make no sense."

It didn't. They were tracking the MESS bootprints. Worn by whom, no one knew. The MESS, at least the Canissians, did not admit to having any operations in this area and were in fact working with the Cascadians and Shroomanians to figure out who was behind the raids. The evidence left behind by the mysterious attackers, kit, prints and casings, were enough to arouse suspicion - the perpetrators had moved quickly, cleanly, but they also had the sense to leave behind just enough traces of their presence to implicate the MESS...

The use of psy-ops tactics was obvious, any veteran spec-operator could see that.

But now, Schaefer's group had found a new, or at least different, set of tracks. New different tracks where the old tracks were supposed to be. Not MESS bootprints, but Crimson-Shadow CATO ones.

The only CATO operation in the area were the Shroomanian peacekeepers, which Schaefer and his crew were part of. They were Mushroom Marine Force Recon, sent into the South Costas Interior to find out what was what, and as far as they knew they were the only CATO outfit there and that was that.

As far as the Canissians knew, or as far as they said, they were the only MESS there too. No other operations. Schaefer didn't know if he could trust them, but he knew his Canissian counterpart well - Jim Hopper, from the Canissian Rangers, and this wasn't his style at all.

Schaefer grimaced. He didn't like this. Not one bit.

"Hawkins," he called out to the team's radioman. "Call in for situation report, tell HQ what we've found."
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

CATO-MESS Summit - Day Two - Main Hall

After what was no doubt a night of much back door deal making and manipulation, the second day of the summit was finally getting underway. After the usual opening remarks, President Garrett gave Rufus Shinra the floor.

"President Garrett, fellow leaders and assembled dignitaries," Rufus began. "I come to you with a proposal between myself and His Majesty King Paul of PeZookia." He nodded towards King Paul, who also rose in a symbolic gesture of support. "We have made preliminary plans for an International Sea Commerce Agency to be formed. This agency, as a multinational effort, could be used to help support developing nations in creation of their own sea trade and construction infrastructure by the donations of member states. Naturally, member states could also partake of these benefits as well, in addition to allowing an international forum to address any maritime disputes that may arise." At this he gestured in the vague direction of the Wilkonian and IRT delegations, an allusion to the body of water passing between their nations, a some time source of conflict. "Naturally, such an organization can not be created overnight. Myself and His Majesty have created a brief outline of what this Agency could be, which is currently being passed out to your own staff people. However, we both felt that it would do well to make this announcement here, to guage at least some level of support for this plan.

"Out of respect for the stated goals of this conference, I would politely ask that debate of this proposal be limited within the main body of this forum. We have been in discussion with Cascadian representitives to set up a subconference concerning this proposal, in order to allow the issues to be explored more fully. Mister President," he turned to face Stephen, "I yield the floor at this time."
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Darth Coyotus
Redshirt

Post by Darth Coyotus »

JAPANISTANI NETWORK NEWS

"In an alarming development, it has been heard that the Shroomanian Embassy in Indhopal has delivered an insult to the citizens of that country," evening newscaster Midori Nokuri said, her pretty face turned to the camera in seriousness. "As protestors gathered outside the Shroomanian Embassy to protest that countries latest Imperialist land grab in the continent of Frequesque, the Shroomanian Ambassador informed the citizens of Indhopal that their sovereignty would be revoked, and the civilians would be firebombed for their actions.

"While later statements made by the Ambassador were a pale attempt to say that he had only been 'joking' about the destruction of their homes and families, it was telling that the Shroomanian official, supposedly in Indhopal to serve as a conduit for civilised relations, ignored the concerns of the Indhopalese people in light of recent aggressions in the Frequesquean continent. No word yet from the Indhopali government on this latest insult from the Colonialist-Imperialist Axis Powers..."

LET THE EVIL BEGIN!!
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Raj Ahten wrote:In response o the ongoing civil unrest around the Shroomanian embassy, the entire district was put in lock down and things got back to normal rather quickly. The local police were fairly experienced at dealing with riots.

Then word of the embassy worker's comments got out. Protest organizers tried to get to the embassy again but weren't even allowed inside the city. Some in parliament said, "this proves that the Shroomites are fascist dogs!" and "Never trust a Shroom!"

But as these were mostly fringe radicals the official response was more muted. It merely said that such inflammatory comments from Shroomanian officials only further exacerbated the situation. Meanwhile the main stream politicians demanded an apology.

One commentator said,
"This sort of thing is why we stopped being part of the Shroomanian empire. Too many 'jokes' at our expense."
From the Ministry of Shroomanian Homeland Affairs in Foreign Territories (SHAFT)

To the People of the 2nd Republic of Indhopal

The incident over at the Shroomanian Embassy at Fenraven was indeed an unfortunate one, with the rioting and the regrettable actions and statements made by many individuals - one of whom being the Shroomanian national and Embassy employee, a Mr. Mallory McMahon.

The Sovereignty would like to apologize for the crassly incorrect and inappropriate statements made by Mr. MacMahon. Mr. MacMahon was a member of the Embassy's janitorial and supplies staff, however he had sustained a psychotic breakdown during the duration of the rioting - leading to his actions on the Embassy lawn, wherein he made his public remarks and shortly afterwards, disrobed himself in plain sight.

Mr. MacMahon has been discharged from the Embassy staff and is currently undergoing psychiatric evaluation in the Embassy's clinic.

Rest assured that the statements and actions of Mr. MacMahon do not in any way have anything to do with the Sovereignty of Shroomania, the Ministry of SHAFT or any other aspect of the nation's government, its people, or its relations with the 2nd Republic of Indhopal. The Sovereignty regards the 2nd Republic of Indhopal and its people as respected friends in the global community and highly values the cordial relations between both countries. As such, we would like to offer our sincerest apologies for this regrettable indiscretion.

Sincerely,
Lord Melchett McMeistervater
Minister of SHAFT
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

LIVE on ShroomSat/TV
The Sovereign Shroomanian Sentinel
EMBASSY EMBARASSMENT

FENRAVEN, Indhopal - New footage has surfaced of the now-infamous incident at the Shroomanian Embassy. Taken by Fenravener spectators, the video clip shows a man behind the razor wire fence standing atop a folding chair. The man, presumably Mr. Mallory MacMahon, then utters his famous proclamation before apparently disrobing his coat, tie and trousers.

Now naked, the man then proceeds to defecate in public while rioting Fenraveners intensify their bombardment of burning mushrooms, to which he retaliates by flinging his own fecal matter back at them.

Just as several of the rioters make their way up the razor wire fence, several Mushroom Marines move in to detach the stricken Fenraveners with cattle prods while other embassy staff move to apprehend Mr. MacMahon with what looks like a straitjacket...
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

The Costas

Cortez's team had gotten wind of the assassination of the pro MESS mayor pretty damn fast. Blackjack continued to prove his worth as his network had brought them information about the attack less than 2 hours after it happened. It confirmed what the SIGINT boys had been hearing on the radios.

Headquarters had also come back with some possibles on who he might be looking for in the brush. The reported pointed to the strong possibility of the mystery guests being MESS or CATO forces. One report had even suggested it might be the RUF, as one of heir top commanders was known for using noisemakers like in some of the reported ambushes. That was considered unlikely, as what the hell would the RUF be doing in the Costas of all places?

Cortez thought the hit was by the same group they had been tracking. It was within the striking distance of a group moving on foot from the previous incidents. Of course, it could also be a retaliatory CATO op. Either way that meant that the perpetrators would be moving back into the CATO controlled zone and that the MESS forces probably wouldn't follow them. Staying around the town wouldn't be a sane option for the mystery guests as the Cannasian marines were clamping down really hard.

Cortez had gotten authorization to move the operation into a new phase. Blackjack arranged for him to mat a local rebel commander named Ortega. Cortez had a proposition for him. He would pay Ortega a large sum of cash to hunt down some guerrillas he knew were operating in the area. Ortega's response alone would be enlightening. If he absolutely refused, it would be an indication that perhaps the raids were being done by CATO.

After some negotiations and promises of conflict diamonds, Cortez got about 200 men. Now it was up to Major Van Der Kade of the SRG. He had wanted more men for the operation, but the embassy had turned him down. At least he had gotten a pair of helicopters piloted by Klavostani's ostensibly doing relief work.

A veteran of a the nearly endless border conflicts in the CFR Van Der Kade was very experienced in these matters. His plan was simple. He would use half the local force as hunters and attempt to drive the mystery guests to the other half. Two of his troopers would remain at headquarters to coordinate things with Cortez's people, while a two man team went with each half of the local forces. Meanwhile a four man stick and the helicopters would be on standby to be airlifted where needed to intercept the enemy of pull their ass's out of the fire if necessary. Van Der Kade himself would be going with the hunter force.

Van Der Kade and his men dressed like the locals and were equipped with "sterilized" kit. The biggest problems Van Der Kade foresaw were if the men he was looking for were MESS or CATO forces things might get ugly if they called for backup. The boss's would get their confirmation if a MESS plane dropped a five hundred pounder on his troopers, but Van Der Kade would like to avoid that if possible. Most likely if it was MESS or CATO troops they would call for extraction before things really got rough anyway. Van Der Kade would do the same in their place.

The rebel troopers weren't up to Indhopoli standards, but Van Der Kade had been successful with worse in the past. It was just likely to get bloody for the locals if they found the trouble they were looking for. The men he was tracking were professionals and even outnumbered were likely to give one hell of a fight. The hunt was on.
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Union Press

Valtra Robotic Tractor contract signed with UCSR

Today, a contract has been reached between the UCSR's Ministry of Agriculture and a joint Legion Motors/Robotnik Industries venture for robotic tractors. The project is intended to help the development of the more extreme areas of the the UCSR...
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

Tropical beach, somewhere in the South Pacific

“…to protest that countries latest Imperialist land grab in the continent of Frequesque…” the TV droned on with the irritatingly nasal whine of the Japanistani propaganda troll.

“Bingo!” gloated Daphne, waving the blue buzzword bingo card under Sidney’s nose. “Beat you again!”

“You picked ‘Imperialist land grab’?” Sidney rolled his eyes. “Seriously, could you make it any easier on yourself? If I had a dollar for every time they used that tired old cliché I’d be one of the richest men on the planet by now.”

“You are one of the richest men on the planet”, Daphne commented dryly.

“Oh”, the President of the Trust smiled wickedly, and sipped from his cocktail, something bright and florid with lots of parasols and pineapple. “Right. I forgot.”

“Yeah, right.” She kissed him on his lips, then glanced at the TV where the annoying Japanistani woman exhorted a rambling tirade about the first galactic empire, or something, she wasn’t exactly paying attention. “Why are we listening to this droll claptrap anyway?”

“An excellent point, m’dear”, Sidney nodded judiciously. He emptied his cocktail and threw the empty glass at the TV. It shattered in a gratifyingly large explosion of shards, parasols and pieces of pineapple, and sent the plasma set toppling back off the end of the luxury yacht into the warm water of the Pacific.

“That shut her up”, the President grinned, feeling quite satisfied with himself despite being subjected to Daphne’s very own Number Three Glare. “What?”

She shook her head. “Never mind. What do we do now?”

“Hmm”, Sidney scratched his chin. “You know, I don’t know what was in that cocktail, but I want another one. Then, let’s see if we can find some dolphins around here. And after that we’ll pull into a harbour and buy a new TV.” His grin widened. “Or maybe I’ll just buy the entire harbour.”

“Not if I buy it first”, Daphne smiled and put her sunglasses back on.

“O-ho, is that a challenge? You do know how to turn me on…”

Results: Sidney and Daphne are still living it up on their preposterously decadent honeymoon! Also: they don't like the Japanistanis...
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Industrial Physicist Quarterly

Dominion Electronics demonstrates 450Ghz processor
Dominion Electronics demonstrated a 450Ghz processor made with graphane rather than Silicon at DCEX yesterday. The G-Core 2, as it has been dubbed by DE, is to be marketed as part of specialist servers for government and university work.

"Unfortunately we still have a while before the common user is rocking a desktop with a 500Ghz processor," Said DE CEO Steve Wizmack, "But the day is closer than you think..." [More]
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Karmic Knight
Jedi Master

Post by Karmic Knight »

CBC Military News

Work Begins on Second Generation Vinish Nuclear Missile Cruiser

The Von Earles Nuclear Research Society has been hired to start work on a new nuclear reactor for the new Feckless - Class Guided Missile Cruiser, part of a larger program to bring the Commonwealth Navy into the Nuclear Age, only the ships working class name, and the VENRS Reactor have been released at this time.
This is an empty country and I am it's king, and I should not be allowed to touch anything.
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Somewhere in a bar in Livorno
- Lekha? You're having a call. It's Oleg. He says he might need you to get your shit back in order. Stop drinking it down now. He says he got some clues on the location of some surviving Shepistanis.

Alexey's face warped into one of the most ruthless smiles possible.

- I'll be ready in a few hours. Keep in touch.
Last edited by K. A. Pital on 2009-05-04 11:33pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

Assalti Frontali
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Darth Coyotus wrote:BYZANTINE DIPLOMATIC HALL

Ambassador Inoue smiled and gave the proper, polite bow to his Byzantine counterpart.

"We have considered the exchange of students programme you mentioned," the Ambassador said, "And come to an agreement. We would like to begin th eprogram with 100 students, selected from our finest, top-performing schools. We were primarily interested in exchanges among Engineering and Electronics fields, if the Byzantine Empire is amenable to such..."
"We are indeed elated that you might accept our offer. We are prepared to select some some of our best from Byzantium, from all fields including Engineering and Electronics, for such a program. However, what of the proposal for annual visits by our respective military officials? We believe that such an exchange will be crucial to promoting understanding, and ameliorating any fears we have of each other? This could be expanded to include civil servants and so forth," said the Exarch, Decius.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Stas Bush wrote:- Oh and incidentally, that Red Dawn remake is totally tasteless fluff, - he added in the end. - Fun though.
"Mr. Stanislav. The Republic is primarily interested in a stable world without any power unduly influencing world events or, indeed, the Republic itself. Our affairs with Japanistan involve international trade - a means to open their markets once again, to promote international relations, and of course, profit. The continuation of Japanistan being a pariah in the eyes of the world has only served to make that empire even more paranoid and insular. Reversing this is in the interests of all nations, and we are ideally suited to take the lead on this matter, having had past cooperation.

" And our 'price'? The same as always. Free markets, free trade. Now, yes, we realize that your nation may wish to keep critical industries from sinking in the face of competition and arrangements may be made. But the general principle of free trade, in that we remain firm. The IRT is not interested in military strength, despite our outward appearances. We are interested in trade, profit and the means the secure both. As for Japanistani non-aggression in the Old World? " A pause - President Nguyen took a sip of his tea - " This is a gift from me, as an old acquaintance. We have retained certain ... interests in Japanistan."

A calculating look - " We don't know what's happened to Sea Skimmer, but he's not pulling the strings anymore. This much is certain, their motives and actions have changed. Japanistan also feels itself isolated and the new wave of xenophobia means they see the world fully against them - at least that's what we think. "

Finally - a laugh. " Red Dawn? Horrible, isn't it? But campy fun all the same. And the sales are outstanding around the world. "
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Incorporated Republic of Tonkin
Stanislav laughed.

- You know, sometimes I do think you have totally forgotten political newspeak because you're more involved in financial derivatives and other complex terms which a typical businessman says in thousands every day. Thanks for the kind words, of course. As a reminder on the meaning of words in politico-speak, colleagues: "We are interested in Japanistan's non-hostility" means "we would like you to never sell Japanistan advanced weapons", because quite clearly the impact of IRT on Japanistan's internal policy is marginal, and we don't need James Bond or Standartenfuehrer Stirlitz to figure that out. "Agreement" means an agreement for non-proliferation of arms. "Price" is calculated in dollars, contracts, other specific agreements or any material or other assets that the IRT would like to have in exchange for strict avoidance of supplying Japanistan with military technologies or giving Japanistan any access whatsoever to the exploration - meaning of course militarization - of space. "Agreement" also refers to strict nonagression pacts and any other agreement which would help to facilitate peace and stability in the Old Continent. It usually does not mean a general freetrade agreement, but it can include precise and definite prescriptions which would give each party what it wants. In your case, it could have been something real and tangible, were you more precise.

- But the lack of a definite response from you indicates that you either didn't want anything defined, or didn't understand what we're talking about, in which case it's all too bad, - the old leader suddenly grew very uptight as he used to be back in the early days.

- Of course, a bunch of feelgood words don't mean much, and I'm not holding any office to offer you anything on behalf of the UCSR. However, consider it a friendly reminder of the true meaning of words. It's a sincere advice. It is my feeling that you have grown too complacent in this little corporate Ibiza of yours, don't take that personally of course, it's not like I'm going to spray huge clouds of radioactive cobalt all over your territory again.

- So what would you expect to happen for the I.R.T. to officially agree to a non-proliferation of arms to Japanistan?

A.F.S.R., in vinicity of the Tian Xia-AFSR border, several kilometers before the unofficial DMZ
The heat. Excruciating, painful to an extent that someone who has never travelled the rocky plains and mountains of Frequesue could not even imagine.

- Bring them out, Gambino, - the quiet voice of a man in what resembled a decades-old and worn Crimson uniform didn't ring through the mountains, the heated air devouring the sound. - Bring those filty rotten Shepistani bastards out.
- At once, - another man, who looked like a thug or a policeman (not that the physical composition of a policeman and a thug differed much in Livorno) kicked out two screaming, heavily beaten humans - a male and a female.
Their screams managed to last a little longer in the air before they went to weeping.

- Do not weep, - spoke a harsh voice. - Slip out the back, you thought? Tough luck, fuckers. Do you fucking know who I am? Do you even realize what the purpose of your existence is?

The pair were silent, just weeping a little after the torture they endured in the remote hut in these Frequesuan mountains.

- Name's... Alexander. Let's make it Alexander. You know, little Sasha. He used to think the world is kind and nice, before a bunch of fuckers took him prisoner and kept in a dark pit for years. But you know that this is not the only thing they did, right? They also told little Sasha that they killed his family because he was brave and stupid, and dared them to. Well, maybe Sasha was not so little, maybe Sasha was an operative of the GRU, and maybe his name was not Sasha at all. But you know what's true about this story? The little fact that these terrorists and kidnappers in the borders were funded by not a few rogue Shepistani elements. And you know what Sasha did after he went free from the terrorist pit? You think they killed his family, right, and he avenged them? No, wrong, fuckers! - he hit the prisoners with his boot.

Crimson Star Republic, straight after the biowar

- What do you mean "dead"?

- A nuclear warhead was dropped on the city to sterilize some of the most virulent agents from spreading with the fallout...

Present day
The memories were quite unkind to Alexey. He really felt like shit, so he lit up another smoke. Rage was rising once again inside him, just as it was rising after his release from the zindan in the Border regions.

- He found out his whole family died during the biowar. A biological war instigated by Shepistan. By the sheep-fuckers. By you. Don't you fucking move away your fucking eyes! - he cried.

- You think I don't fucking know? You're Shepistani diplomats who were out of the country when the strikes came, so you ran off. With the recent war in Sirnoth, you started moving to find a better place to hide. Too bad you tipped off my friend when you arrived to Livorno, bad for you, shitbags, but good for me. You're officials of a nation whose government is considered criminal, more criminal than the late Nazi regime in the Old Continent, which means nobody will care if I kill you now. I am your trial and your judge,

Alexey paused, containing his rage and speaking again with a cold voice.

- What I know, though, is that you have that little circle of friends who help surviving Shepistani officials hide their identities and live low in various remote nations of the world. I need names, and contacts. I will go down that dirty well and unleash the vengeance that god's law should have unleashed on them - but for there is no god, humans should do it. I shall do it, and you sheep-fuckers will help me.

And then he stood for several minutes, waiting until they decide to speak. Torture has completely broken them, they weren't soldiers after all, just civilian officials of a nation which ceased to exist. Their big mistake, Alexey thought, was entering Livorno several days ago under visas which were well-faked, but for some reason they had an old Crimson Star Republic seal - those were all replaced with new Union Seals just during the last year, apparently the fake passports and visas were made without consideration of the recent events. Old Seals were still applicable and legal, but their use tipped off Alexey and here he was, beating the shit out of men who could be some of the last survivors of Shepistan.

Humanity, he thought, an angel cries, humanity! They would be crying for humanity after they tell him everything. They would be begging for mercy. But he shall have none.

The hot wind stopped, and the air was still for hours already. Alexey already knew everything he needed to resume his ruthless hunt for any servants of evil - the pair told him everything. They were still trying to talk when they saw him raising his weapon.

- No! Please, no! Kifaya! - they were on their knees before him, begging for their life, but he decided their fate in the same second he heard of them, and that fate was a swift death without pain, the last mercy he could give them. He knew the Livornese, who experienced a biological attack during the war, would slowly cut them in pieces with strings, so he was in a certain sense an angel of mercy.

- No, - Alexey mocked them with a cruel face. - No indeed, kifaya indeed. Enough talking. Here's my last gift for you. I hope you'll understand, it's still more human than what Gambino and friends would do to you.

------
Result: Alexey Chadov hunts down some Shepistani survivors who were unlucky enough to get caught by Livornese police, finds out some contacts to other Shepistani survivor cells

Assalti Frontali
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Vault 101, Crystal Peak

The VH-71 banked over the Alleghenies and came in for a landing at the helipad outside of the 3rd Generation bunker. Lord Fairfax, the Lord Protector of the Old Dominion, stepped out and passed through security, hopping on golf cart that took him down the long ramp to the depths of the facility.

The cart came to a stop at the medical ward, and he was waved in. He opened the door and started heading down to the VIP suite….there was patter of paws as a German Sheppard came running up.

"Wark! Wark!"

When Lonestar didn't jump back, but merely glared at the dog, which then laid on it's stomach and began to whine.

Just like it's owner, all bark, but doesn't know what to do with itself if someone stronger than it stands up to it's bluff..

"Blondie! Come back here!"

The dog trotted back into the VIP suite, Lonestar followed.

"Bucherific. So nice of you to finally pay me a visit." General(ret.) Mark Sheppard said. "All these years you've had me locked up, and not one visit? I'm hurt."

"You named your dog Blondie?" Lonestar said. "Jesus. Well, you look to be in fine fettle Shep, I'm glad that Dr. Blitzschlag's treatments have finally cleared up the infection."

"A fascinating individual. I would have been glad to have him on my staff in Shepistan." Shep said. "All traces of Shroombola and Shroompox are gone, gone! As has the inflammation of the brain. I was expecting massive brain damage, yet I appear to be functioning normally. Remarkable."

"Indeed." Lonestar said gravely. "I've done you a favor in keeping you alive, now I need you to do me a favor. Have you been watching the news?"

"Only what your people allow me to." Shep said with disgust. "How is it that you can uses nukes and chemical weapons, and there's nary a peep, but when I wipe out slavers the whole world turns out against me?"

Lonestar shrugged. "If it's any consolation, I understand that the pilot of the nuclear strike was originally in the Shepistani SAC…"

Shep grunted. "What do you want, Matt?"

"I plan on exiting Sirnoth as soon as possible once Cortes is removed. I'm going to need someone in Sirnoth to swiftly bring order to the country. I think you're that man."

A smile. "I won't be your lapdog."

"Ah, yes, I thought you might say that." Lonestar said. He waved to an aide, who handed him a binder. "Surely you've wondered about those 'anti-biotic' shots we've been giving you? Some crap about mold in the bunker, and how the infection weakened your immune system? Open the binder."

Shep opened the binder and started to read the first page. He got to the second paragraph…

"Oh, you son of a bitch."

"So now you know that we used a HERV-derived forumla to clear up that nasty infection you had. Problem is, while the Old Dominion has a better understanding of the HERV pathogen than any nation on the planet, we are still in the beginnings of being able to fully utilize the potential of it. If you don't get those secondary and tertiary treatments on a regular basis, well, the HERV will turn you into a vampire…for about 2 days, then you'll suffer from the runaway growth of cancer cells. Scarification will occur throughout your body. I'm told it's quite painful. So, let me ask the question again: You willing to be my man in Sirnoth?"

"Yes. Yes, Damn you!" Shep threw the binder on the floor.

Results:Not publically announced yet, but...
Last edited by Lonestar on 2009-05-05 08:08am, edited 1 time in total.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."