SD.Net World Redux Comment Thread VII

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Re: SD.Net World Redux Comment Thread VII

Post by Lonestar »

Nope sure didn't. It was mentioned in this month's Maximum PC.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Nobody watches Japanistani television anyway. They only watch it for the animus and the ridiculous game shows where people are forced to eat live squid.
I'm pretty sure that's Zorian TV. Japanistani TV is all fascist.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

It could be all fascist animus and the game shows could be like The Running Man? :lol:
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:It could be all fascist animus and the game shows could be like The Running Man? :lol:
Running Man sounds about right. And any of the various deadly sports that have shown up in sci-fi movies. "The ball got intercepted by Bateman! But wait that wasn't the ball, it was a bomb! Bateman goes down for the count."
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

They could host DEATH RACES! :D
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

DROWN BALL!
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

450GHz? :lol:
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

phongn wrote:450GHz? :lol:
The Old Dominion DOES SHIT BIG.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

You know, the scary thing is...we're probably technologically BACKWARDS to where RL Earth will be in 2016 :)
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Shroomanians....hehe. :lol: :D
PeZook wrote:You know, the scary thing is...we're probably technologically BACKWARDS to where RL Earth will be in 2016 :)
That's because predicting the development of future tech is hard. :P
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Lonestar wrote:
Have fun with signal propagation :P
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

PeZook wrote:You guys do know stormtroopers suffered truly horrendous casualties, right? Germany bled itself dry during that last offensive of theirs, for land gains which were ultimately quite meaningless.
Without digging TOO deep into it, the basic philosophy behind the German strategy was to attempt to win the war before America's numerical addition to the allies outstripped their ability to coutner. Against Britain and France the Germans could have simply sat back, converted the produce of the ceded territories to feed their own populace and waited a year before resuming the offensive...against Britain, France, and the US the Germans could not hold out. They wanted to strike a blow that would severe the British from the French armies befoe there were enough Americans to fill the gaps.

They suceeded in severing the British and French but not before there were enough Americans to fill the gap. Essentially if you remove the American units from the equation the Germans stood a better than even chance of breaking the Allied Army in two and then exploiting flanks for the first time since 1914. The stromtrooper tactics: Light infantry well equipped with machine guns, grenades, and the ability to swiftly penetrate lines before follow on battalions would reduce resistance were remarkably effective and the casualty rate was NOT signficantly higher (it was higher) compared against straight infantry assault.

Storm battalions are essentially the forerunner to the concept of the Rangers: Lightly equipped well trained troops who engage in deep penetration missions before follow on forces arrive. That the Rangers also engage i a host of other missions is an aside but THAT paticular mission is one which is still required today. The tendency is to use armored equipment for those kind of deep thrusts (the concept of Blitzkreig being built on the idea) but armor in this day and age against a well equipped opponent draws attention and I don't want the tip broken before the shaft arrives. I need a force which can engage in deep strikes as pathfinder units to mechanized follow on forces which can exploit avenues of advance before support troops come to seal the gaps and continue the advance.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

Beowulf wrote:
Shroom Man 777 wrote:Nobody watches Japanistani television anyway. They only watch it for the animus and the ridiculous game shows where people are forced to eat live squid.
I'm pretty sure that's Zorian TV. Japanistani TV is all fascist.
I'm pretty sure that's Langley TV too, if you take away the ridiculous game shows.

That said, I believe that the typical Japanistani animu would be a highly jingoistic masturbatory fantasy along the lines of something like Gasaraki (mystical Japanistani mecha outrunning and slaughtering entire MESS and CATO tank divisions and shooting down F-22 Raptors and Sukhoi PAK FAs while hanging out the backs of cargo planes lol) or The Silent Service (lone Japanistani super-sub single-handedly defeating the combined navies of the MESS nations lol). Either that or a nihilistic genocide fantasy like Bokurano (500m tall Japanistani super-mecha capable of destroying the entire UCSR military in under 24 hours lolol).
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

phongn wrote:
Lonestar wrote:
Have fun with signal propagation :P
Bleah.. we Byzantines opted for more cores. :P The only way to achieve fantastic speed is to grab some new semiconductor material or technique no one has started producing in the fabs.

Though according to a semiconductor guy I know, apparently, even graphene is unlikely to replace silicon unless it promises more than 20X performance increase. Likely to be some quantum dot technology utilizing silicon.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Erm, Stas, wrong thread?
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

I wouldn't say we're technologically backwards to RL 2016 Earth in all things military at all, considering today's situation has 1980s weapons often being a pinnacle of technology in a given sphere and no plans for procurement of vastly superior versions which we routinely employ like ramjet missiles and AESA radars becoming nigh ubiqutous. As for civilian tech, I'm not sure, but we should be on par.

EDIT: fixed to my best ability.

EDIT: Who's next for the visit? Spin the bottle... it's Langley.

EDIT: I think my rogue agent is a nice character, so I gave him some depth and a plotline.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Your rogue agent should find the ultimate Shepistani survivor, and drive an icepick into his brain. :twisted:
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Your rogue agent should find the ultimate Shepistani survivor, and drive an icepick into his brain. :twisted:

That's a pretty good plot, actually...
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Stas Bush wrote:EDIT: I think my rogue agent is a nice character, so I gave him some depth and a plotline.
He is quite interesting. I remember you writing a story(a long time ago) about him escaping from a Border Regions Prison and going on a hunt for Karic(or somebody). I'm glad to see you continued his story.

Also: Infecting Shep with HERV. Brilliant. :lol:
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Lonestar wrote:
Shroom Man 777 wrote:Your rogue agent should find the ultimate Shepistani survivor, and drive an icepick into his brain. :twisted:
That's a pretty good plot, actually...
Then with a bullet (or an icepick) in his brain, sliding deeper into his medulla oblongata, Shep loses the ability to feel pain and every day he grows stronger until the day he dies! Just like the bad guy from The World is Not Enough! 8)
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Ryan Thunder
Village Idiot

Post by Ryan Thunder »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:[...] (or an icepick) in his brain [...]
XD

Who was it that specialized in software and AI, again? Langley? I have a proposition for them to make my future soldier program a joint project...
SDN Worlds 5: Sanctum
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Shroomania (and the UCSR) are working on integrating brains with microchips.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Also guys, note that I'll be gone from the 6th to the 16th or something.

But afterwards, holy shit. When I return we shall begin with the greatest sendoff to SDNW ever!

PRIME NOIR
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Ryan Thunder
Village Idiot

Post by Ryan Thunder »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Shroomania (and the UCSR) are working on integrating brains with microchips.
That could be applicable. Implanting grunts with microchips so they can operate an exoskeleton to carry more equipment strikes me as extreme, though. :P
SDN Worlds 5: Sanctum
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Also guys, note that I'll be gone from the 6th to the 16th or something.
Have fun with bleeding breasts and stuff. :wink:
But afterwards, holy shit. When I return we shall begin with the greatest sendoff to SDNW ever!

PRIME NOIR
This, I have to see. :D

Also: Ryan, make a post in the usergroup and we can talk about the secret project. :wink: