SD.Net World Redux Comment Thread VII

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Re: SD.Net World Redux Comment Thread VII

Post by K. A. Pital »

Sendoff... :( *takes hat off* farewell then, I'll be missing that game. I definetely like the modern setting and the 1920s are just too out there for me I guess...
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Stas Bush wrote:Sendoff... :( *takes hat off* farewell then, I'll be missing that game. I definetely like the modern setting and the 1920s are just too out there for me I guess...
Eh? The game is over?
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

No, it's NOT OVER YET!

But I'll definitely be posting a series of memorable things so that if and when the game ends, we'll definitely have fond memories of SDNW2!
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

No, but Shroom apparently wants to end it after May 16, which means...
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Darth Coyotus
Redshirt

Post by Darth Coyotus »

What's all this talk o' quitting? I thought we were going to reach a 'logical conclusion' of some sort before assing it?

Meanwhile: the Costas arc.

Once the body is found (don't forget the hasty boobytrap) it'll be awhile before it can be identified, but off the bat you have a white male, mid-late thirties, in nondescript olive green military gear with Canissian-issue boots, cammo poncho, and other various MESS kit. The casings, grenade and RPG fragmentations will eventually reveal Canissian-made munitions.

If you get to the point of actually identifying the body, let me know... :wink:
ATTENTION: This account is an authorized sockpuppet belonging to Coyote. It is for the sole purpose of posting 'Bad Guy' plots and storylines in the STGODS forum.

LET THE EVIL BEGIN!!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

I'll leave it to Baerne to discover the fact and then pass along the note before reacting.
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

How can you react? The only CATO troops in the Costas are Shroomania, though San Dorado's guys are pretty nearby.

Raj, would our Mushroom Marines and rebels (with the secret SRG guys) move towards the sound of gunfire and explosions, or avoid the ruckus?
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Shroom Man 777 wrote:How can you react? The only CATO troops in the Costas are Shroomania, though San Dorado's guys are pretty nearby.

Raj, would our Mushroom Marines and rebels (with the secret SRG guys) move towards the sound of gunfire and explosions, or avoid the ruckus?
Erm... DUH? Why do you think I said "wait"?
Kreia
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

The game is not ending, yet. And why should it? It's still fun and has a lot of potential left.

I'm loving the Costas thing by the way. :)
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:How can you react? The only CATO troops in the Costas are Shroomania, though San Dorado's guys are pretty nearby.

Well I figure they'll try and figure where the Mystery Guests are going and start tracking them down. There can only be so many good routes out of that valley the RUF is in. No need to run to the gunfire when you use your forward deployed rebel troops to cut them off :twisted: .

The general plan was put 100 men or so on their tail to flush them out to the other 100 who ambush them.

I'm also thinking of sending out a man or two to the ambush site in a helicopter disguised as aid workers who "came to help" when they heard of the ambush. The plan is they'll do a quick assessment and find out what exactly we are dealing with.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Jesus, you people see Shroom talking about a "sendoff" and then assume the game is ending?

What, he's an administrator now or something? :D
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Darth Coyotus wrote:
Would it be possible to identify him based off photographs alone?
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Goddamn it, it's Butch! BUTCH SCHAEFER!

Fuck it, just go call him Arnold Shroomzenegger or something! :P

By the way, again I'll be offline from the 6th of May to the 16th. I can't continue the Costas storyline.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Goddamn it, it's Butch! BUTCH SCHAEFER!

Fuck it, just go call him Arnold Shroomzenegger or something! :P

By the way, again I'll be offline from the 6th of May to the 16th. I can't continue the Costas storyline.
Hey, well he was Dutch in the movie damn it :P !
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Raj Ahten wrote:
Darth Coyotus wrote:
Probably not. I'd think his photo and ID would be in the Old Dominion military criminal archives, but how your guy would have access to that is beyond me. We don't have an INTERPOL here, otherwise that would give you a hit since once he became an international mercenary, his info would probably be forwarded by the Old D... or probably not, depending.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Coyote wrote:
Raj Ahten wrote:
Darth Coyotus wrote:
Probably not. I'd think his photo and ID would be in the Old Dominion military criminal archives, but how your guy would have access to that is beyond me. We don't have an INTERPOL here, otherwise that would give you a hit since once he became an international mercenary, his info would probably be forwarded by the Old D... or probably not, depending.
Figured it would probably be something like that. Indhopal has absolutely no good reason to have Old Dominion military personnel files. The Bearnish Forces are likely to take custody of the body later, so they might be able to do something with it.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Of course, we COULD set up an international task force which would be able to forward this kind of information to everyone. After all, at high levels, we all know the whole thing's bullshit.
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

This may be the thing that sets off interest in a local version of INTERPOL...
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Coyote wrote:This may be the thing that sets off interest in a local version of INTERPOL...
There certainly have been enough shadowy mercenaries and international assassins over he years to warrant it.
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

About the Costas thing I'm going to let Bearne's reaction force have a go at the RUF before my force starts combing the countryside. The last thing I need is the strafed by attack helicopters.

Basically I figure depending on whetjer the Bearnish troops can find the RUF or not, my men (and the Shroomanians since while Shroom Man's off in hills I have control of Butch's bunch as long as they are sufficiently 80's) will move themselves to likely exits from the ambush area and try to pick them up there. Just posting it here first so there isn't any confusion on who's doing what to whom later on.
Last edited by Raj Ahten on 2009-05-05 03:37pm, edited 1 time in total.
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

Coyote, should my intrepid troopers be able to locate those dastardly evildoers, do you think?
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Master_Baerne wrote:Coyote, should my intrepid troopers be able to locate those dastardly evildoers, do you think?
I was thinking a brief, intense firefight, a few terrs get capped, and the rest run to the waiting Japanistani chopper for extraction and a new assignment. They make good agent-provocateurs, and I have some more dastardly plans for them.

Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

Excellent. Do you want to write that, or would you settle for my own less impressive work?
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Stas Bush wrote:No, but Shroom apparently wants to end it after May 16, which means...
I'm not going to quit.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Master_Baerne wrote:Excellent. Do you want to write that, or would you settle for my own less impressive work?
I trust you to make it look smashing!

They won't leave prisoners, though. They'll either cart everyone out, or they'll kill & boobytrap their own if they can't make it.