Re: SD.Net World Redux Comment Thread VII

Post by Master_Baerne »

I'll get right on that...
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Seige Tank I may want in on your new fighter's development and make it a joint project like many of our other deals. I must admit I have an ulterior motive for this and the other deals though: I'm really not that big a fan of doing all the weapons development work personally so having my nation partner up with others gives me more time for political machinations and espionage plots. :)
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

Hmm, I guess that can be arranged, although the end product might have a few odds and ends where we'll each have to stick in our own bits (because for some of the avionics and the radar set and such I might be drawing on CATO technology, which could be restricted).

Do you have any industries that could materially contribute to the project, or do you want to stick to providing funding?
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

SiegeTank wrote:Hmm, I guess that can be arranged, although the end product might have a few odds and ends where we'll each have to stick in our own bits (because for some of the avionics and the radar set and such I might be drawing on CATO technology, which could be restricted).

Do you have any industries that could materially contribute to the project, or do you want to stick to providing funding?
I have an aerospace Industry having produced upgraded Gripen's domestically. Plus if I understand it properly a lot of the production for the joint sub program is done in Indhopal. I was also under the impression that Indhopoli companies were heavily involved in pretty much all the old FTO high tech endeavors including the space program, which has likely been barely scraping by in Indhopal with the dissolution of the FTO and subsequent loss of launch facilities.

Frankly I'd want the deal to be a joint design because then I would have a major stake in it. It would therefore be less likely to be canceled by any random diplomatic shenanigans such as reactionaries saying, "It's not an Indhopoli project, so why should we bank roll it?". But you're probably right that some of the electronics will have to be different.
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

I'm not actually sure what the FTO space program entailed exactly, since the Lucrelance rockets and Silver-series orbiters are very much domestic products of San Dorado. Maybe it involved satellites, I don't think we ever specified it. (I incidentally never cut access to the Camp Kittyhawk launch facilities -insofar as I know still the only spaceport on the continent- after the dissolution of the FTO, so whatever you wanted put up there probably was, unless domestic politics prohibited its launch.)

My own aerospace industries are familiar with high-mach engineering as well as engine design for trans-atmospheric vehicles, so I guess we'll do most of the heavy lifting in those areas. Still, that leaves plenty of aircraft to design and making the project into a joint design is alright with me. We'll need some contractual certainties to ensure that Indhopal isn't going to pull out halfway (say over some feckle diplomatic matter) and leave us with a half-complete design, but otherwise... Let's do it!
Last edited by Siege on 2009-05-05 07:05pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ryan Thunder
Village Idiot

Post by Ryan Thunder »

SiegeTank wrote:I'm not actually sure what the FTO space program entailed exactly, since the Lucrelance rockets and Silver-series orbiters are very much domestic products of San Dorado. Maybe it involved satellites, I don't think we ever specified it. (I incidentally specifically never cut access to the Camp Kittyhawk launch facilities after the dissolution of the FTO, so whatever you wanted put up there probably was, unless domestic politics prohibited such.)

My own aerospace industries are familiar with high-mach engineering as well as engine design for trans-atmospheric vehicles, so I guess we'll do most of the heavy lifting in those areas. Still, that leaves plenty of aircraft to design and making the project into a joint design is alright with me. We'll need some contractual certainties to ensure that Indhopal isn't going to pull out halfway (say over some feckle diplomatic matter) and leave us with a half-complete design, but otherwise... Let's do it!
You know, I hate having to ask this question again, because its probably the same answer I got last time, but anyway; Are you referring to the Warbler? :P
SDN Worlds 5: Sanctum
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

Ryan Thunder wrote:You know, I hate having to ask this question again, because its probably the same answer I got last time, but anyway; Are you referring to the Warbler? :P
Heh, no, this is nothing so ambitious as the Warbler. This is going to be a successor to the F-171B Spectre, basically a long-range hypersonic missile interceptor. The Warbler is... Well I'm not actually sure what the Warbler is, but 'super space jet death machine' seems to fit insofar as descriptions go :D.
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

SiegeTank wrote:I'm not actually sure what the FTO space program entailed exactly, since the Lucrelance rockets and Silver-series orbiters are very much domestic products of San Dorado. Maybe it involved satellites, I don't think we ever specified it. (I incidentally never cut access to the Camp Kittyhawk launch facilities -insofar as I know still the only spaceport on the continent- after the dissolution of the FTO, so whatever you wanted put up there probably was, unless domestic politics prohibited its launch.)

I'm willing to go for a strict contract. The president can sell it as making sure you don't pull out half way :lol: . Then there is the fact that I could really use a steady supply 5th gen + fighters and good ones are simply too damn expensive to design all by myself.

Thinking on the space program if you kept it open I guess I've still been launching satellites from there; though I'll probably need to develop a small launch capacity for my more sensitive birds in the future. The Silver Streak project could probably spinned of to do that. Plus if I helped develop cruise missile subs you would think that means I have a certain understanding of missile technology.

Frankly though my tech secrets are probably known to everyone at this point already as I had a lot invested in joint FTO programs.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Lonestar wrote:
Stas Bush wrote:No, but Shroom apparently wants to end it after May 16, which means...
I'm not going to quit.
I don't want to end the game, and I definitely won't go nuking everything on sight if that's what you people are thinking.

I'm just gonna go on and do an AWESOME series of SPECTACLES for the lulz, which will leave the lot of you weeping and hating me forever. Though, I dunno, you guys can totally be funsuckers and ignore it and pretend it's not even happening. It's not gonna affect anyone, really. Even though it'll be totally AWESOME!

Whacky hijinks!

Goddamn, it's gonna be great. You people will think I've gone mad! You people are so gonna LAUGH! (Or groan and ignore it)

But now I must go!
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Where's phongn? If the IRT doesn't want any NPF treaties about the japanis, that's fine, Stanislav will move onward to Langley or wherever nation he decides...
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

He might be busy with work.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

SD.Net World Redux Comment Thread VII is kaput

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton