SD.Net World Redux Comment Thread VI

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Re: SD.Net World Redux Comment Thread VI

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Czechmate wrote:Whether or not Steve's...work is "excellent" or not is not up for debate. Your unwillingness to accept losses to finish taking over a country for your CATO masters is, however, the topic of tonight's discussion.
CATO masters? Just wait a second here. While you go huffing and puffing, let me remind you, that if we so choose it, we can dick around with your own ascendence to leader of Klavostan by ordering assassination squads, and yet when people cracked jokes about it, you go defensive. Fine hypocrisy isn't it? Barking for your own MESS masters perhaps?
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Actually, I find my curiosity piqued by what Czechmate said to me that was harsh, apparently so harsh he removed it after a second thought or Baerne's remark. On my own part, I suppose "certainly not you" was a tad harsh, but given he's clearly on Beo's side in this his bias was somewhat clear.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Steve wrote:Actually, I find my curiosity piqued by what Czechmate said to me that was harsh, apparently so harsh he removed it after a second thought or Baerne's remark. On my own part, I suppose "certainly not you" was a tad harsh, but given he's clearly on Beo's side in this his bias was somewhat clear.
We consider him a known irritant, and a lapdog, and we haven't forgotten his attempt at nuclear intimidation.
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Karmic Knight
Jedi Master

Post by Karmic Knight »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:CATO masters? Just wait a second here. While you go huffing and puffing, let me remind you, that if we so choose it, we can dick around with your own ascendence to leader of Klavostan by ordering assassination squads, and yet when people cracked jokes about it, you go defensive. Fine hypocrisy isn't it? Barking for your own MESS masters perhaps?
To be honest, the hypocrisy is one of the funniest things I have seen in this exchange, he was literally going to be a puppet for Beowulf in Klavostan, with secret leadership and backing and everything, until someone pointed out that he could create his own nation from scratch, and then turns around and calls Baerne a puppet for CATO. Humour at its finest.
This is an empty country and I am it's king, and I should not be allowed to touch anything.
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

And let's not forget the use of Shep Submarine Tactics. It's been an interesting evening, to say the least.
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

How about "CATO masters" bomb Czechmate into the stone age? Perhaps that would cut down his witty remarks about a war he has nothing to do with.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Stas Bush wrote:How about "CATO masters" bomb Czechmate into the stone age? Perhaps that would cut down his witty remarks about a war he has nothing to do with.
A bit much, I think. If I can entertain a direct insult that was so nasty he removed it on a second thought, I think CATO can take a little exaggeration, yes?
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

Czechmate
Jedi Knight

Post by Czechmate »

I did, in fact, remove it after a second thought, THEN read Baerne's comment via the "you should edit your post blah blah blah" function. And you know what? I apologize for it anyways, cause it was a pretty low blow.

And Fingolfin? I do overtly support MESS. I simply like them better than I like CATO or the Frequesuean PCs. I guess my MESS Masters have a better benefit plan. I fully admit, right here, that I frequently work for the benefit of MESS to the detriment of the FTO and CATO, just so that's cleared up.

Anyone else willing to level?
tiny friendly crab.
Karmic Knight
Jedi Master

Post by Karmic Knight »

Czechmate wrote:And Fingolfin? I do overtly support MESS. I simply like them better than I like CATO or the Frequesuean PCs. I guess my MESS Masters have a better benefit plan. I fully admit, right here, that I frequently work for the benefit of MESS to the detriment of the FTO and CATO, just so that's cleared up.
By this statement, you agree that you will never offer to officiate a PC-NPC, or PC-PC combat situation, correct, as your judgement is no way close to impartial?
This is an empty country and I am it's king, and I should not be allowed to touch anything.
Czechmate
Jedi Knight

Post by Czechmate »

Karmic Knight wrote:
Czechmate wrote:And Fingolfin? I do overtly support MESS. I simply like them better than I like CATO or the Frequesuean PCs. I guess my MESS Masters have a better benefit plan. I fully admit, right here, that I frequently work for the benefit of MESS to the detriment of the FTO and CATO, just so that's cleared up.
By this statement, you agree that you will never offer to officiate a PC-NPC, or PC-PC combat situation, correct, as your judgement is no way close to impartial?
I'll offer my opinion and possibly advice, but I will never claim to be impartial. :)

EDIT: nice propaganda.
Last edited by Czechmate on 2009-04-07 10:24pm, edited 1 time in total.
tiny friendly crab.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Um, Ryan, I know you were sending air units to help Baerne, but where did you post the deployment of the SSK?

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Then shut the fuck up and go sit on your given foot stool. Everyone in the FTO hated you for the bullshit you pulled, and by those statements, you will now be hated even more.
Kreia
Czechmate
Jedi Knight

Post by Czechmate »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:

Then shut the fuck up and go sit on your given foot stool. Everyone in the FTO hated you for the bullshit you pulled, and by those statements, you will now be hated even more.
Oooh, I'm a-shakin in mah shorts! See, your little attempt at intimidation would be terribly disconcerting if it wasn't for the fact that you're an arrogant, fence-sitting prat and the FTO was nothing more than a paper tiger.

Move along, now. :)
tiny friendly crab.
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

He's not trying to intimidate you, merely stating some facts. Namely that nobody your not directly in the pocket of likes you at all. Why Fingolfin feels the need to do so, I can't say. Let's all calm down, people.
Conversion Table:

Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Czechmate
Jedi Knight

Post by Czechmate »

I wasn't aware this was a popularity contest, but I will smile and sit back for now.
tiny friendly crab.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Also, since I don't feel like updating my OrBat every week or so to reflect changes in deployment status to my carriers, consider this something of a permanent notification of how it works. Cascadian naval groups are primarily circulated in and out of North Velerian waters. Since the transit time is only a couple weeks or so, I can at times field two carrier groups (combined, both CVA and LHD in the groups) in Velerian waters while one is either undergoing downtime for R&R cycle back home or is undergoing pre-deployment workup in the Cascadian EEZ while potentially engaging in maneuvers with Home Fleet. Usually by the time that carrier is on the way to Veleria another is on the way home.

Ability to be sustained on-station is helped by the Cascadian naval facilities at New Olympia Naval Base and Van Halstoff Naval Station (soon to be a Base as well).

There's also the Amphibious Contingency Group, centered around CRS Constellation, an LHD. It is permanently deployed to New Olympia in the Adabani Republic with tri-annual trips back to Cascadia for extended R&R cycles - as it is intended for contingency operations, it's time at sea is not as extensive and smaller-scale R&R can be accomplished at NONB.

Oh, and given my OrBat mentions my Army only in terms of Brigades, as I'm not an expert on army tech and what would go into such units, I feel I should remark that Cascadian brigades have ADA, including mobile non-light ADA, assigned at brigade level, as well as the four Air Artillery Battalions of the Air Defense Brigade, which act as the firepower of Cascadia's IADS. Given one of the unlikely uses of our Army, though one that must still be planned for, is use in a desperate defensive struggle to repel a Tian Xia invasion of our nation they must be capable of some independent air defense given the impressive size of the TXAF.

K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Beowulf thinks Costa is Shepistan. But it's not. No ground IADS, no nuclear munitions to shorten the gap between obsolete and modern technology through indiscriminate use of nuclear munitions. And a lone Type 214 isn't quite a carrier killer in my view, not right near the harbor at the very least. Mining is an issue, so Baerne's ships could've been hit by mines.

That is all. The Su-30MKI could've scored against MiG-31s, but the scores would be around 2:1 proportion or the like -the MiG-31s operating in groups of hunter killers with one AEW plane could cover 1000 km squares and detect any Su-3X planes at distances around 160-180 km - basically the Su-30MKI (presumably Batch 1.0) could do the same at 140 km, if I'm not mistaken about the Bars Mk.1 radar.

So for each MiG-31, 0.5-0.7 Su-30MKI would be lost. The F-106s are just cannon fodder - there's no ground network of radars to guide them, and even if there were one, they are not hardened, meaning the first wave of MiG-31s going in full speed would take them out and then Costa is blind. End of story.

The Type 214 submarines should be considered a serious threat, so Baerne should be patrolling the coastal waters with all the ships he has. I doubt Costa sailors are exactly top of the line, so some ships may get sunk. Not Kirovs though, that's very unlikely - torpedoes have no nuclear ordnance, they aren't supercavitating, and the Kirovs have countertorpedo munitions unlike Western ships.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Ryan Thunder
Village Idiot

Post by Ryan Thunder »

Steve wrote:Um, Ryan, I know you were sending air units to help Baerne, but where did you post the deployment of the SSK?
I didn't, but I made note of it. How long into this are we?
SDN Worlds 5: Sanctum
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

I thought about a day and a half. Things go into Unreal Time whenever anything interesting happens.
Conversion Table:

Czechmate
Jedi Knight

Post by Czechmate »

I forgot how obscenely effective penetration aircraft MiG-31s are. :|
tiny friendly crab.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Per request, thread locked
1370's a good number

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton