Space STGOD diplomacy thread.(2K9)

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Re: Space STGOD diplomacy thread.(2K9)

Post by Raj Ahten »

Darth Raptor wrote:(Hooray for flexible continuity, and apologies to Raj Ahten for the tardiness of my reply.)

Personally, Ambassador Dreinard was mildly disappointed. The Archelonian dunk in Ambassador Insculpta's quarters was quite relaxing, but Osser was a tad crestfallen that 'relaxing' was all it had been. He would have relished bragging about his sexual conquest of a giant alien space turtle back home, if indeed he had managed such a feat. As it was, the difference in form was too much for Insculpta, who had politely declined. Understandable, but Osser was left wishing he had his own entourage comparable to some of the other diplomats, and not to help manage the workload.

Professionally however, the meeting was most productive. With the stroke of a waterproof stylus, his primary mission objective had been satisfied. Anything further would be flavored lotion on the... Founder if he wasn't horny.

And that's when he saw her, Ambassador... A flash of external memory. Madison Haley, Right Honorable Representative of the Free Republic. Osser suppressed a knowing smile. The Tathessi had experimented with nearly every possible form when they too were a young civilization, only to settle for something almost human. Impossibly beautiful, but still mostly human. Nevertheless, the avian plumage made her... cute. Like a rebellious child trying to embarrass her (brutally murdered) parents.

Ambassador Dreinard had the authority to negotiate in full good faith on behalf of the Imperium, and he intended to. "Indeed," he replied. "I would be most interested in closer relations between our persons. I mean peoples." He began secreting a narcotic saliva. "If there is anything you desire, please, do not hesitate to ask."
Haley could definitely tell Dreinard wanted to sleep with her, to put it politely. She might have more than a bit curious about the bioroid (and even more curious about his advanced technology) but business came before pleasure. She also couldn't be sure that Dreinard wasn't using pheromones of some sort.

"Well I'm glad you are so open to relations. As you know, the galaxy is a dangerous place and it’s good to have a friend nearby. Especially when those like the Mahou Kenkai are around. I'll, uh, cut to the chase. I've been empowered to offer a defensive alliance between our nations if the Mahou Kenkai proves to be aggressive towards either of us. Our hope is that we can have peaceful relations with all our neighbors, but it never hurts to have a little insurance."
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

Unity Station
Assembly chamber

Kasan seemed disappointed, though few would know with her alien bodylanguage, by the fact that there would not be a duel on the assembly floor as would certainly spice things up though our dear northern neighbours do persist in being quite entertaining with their ever tactful diplomacy. Never the less it seems the voice of the queen must be heard.

“These events in Narmathar have troubled our queen greatly, the destruction of Llaelerese assets by the Kaeleer fleet in Narmathar was in our opinion hasty and ill judged. There is no conceivable motive for the Narmathar government to antagonize Kaeleer, therefore we believe that the blame may lie with anti imperialist terrorists and not with the government of Narmathar as a whole and an investigation to discover them or the true cause of this incident should be conducted. While we fully support Llaelerese sovereignty over Narmathar the Ebon fleet has left them unable to secure this territory against piracy for the time being. To that that end we believe that for the interim a joint but limited presence should be established by the Sky Empire and Hajr to secure the system until such a time as the Llaeler republic has rebuilt it's strength and can guarantee the safety of shipping in the far western passage once more.”
STGOD SDNW4 player. Chamarran Hierarchy Catgirls in space!
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Osser dismissed her concerns with a flick of his wrist. "Consider it done. Only, be advised that the Imperium now has a military alliance with Archelonia and, to a somewhat lesser extent, the allies of Archelonia. The terms of the treaty are, however, quite conditional upon any engagements- Quantum forbid- being strictly defensive in nature. We'll not draw you into any wars of aggression, but that also means that the People will NOT support your Republic in whatever military adventurism you may or may not have in mind. So long as you're aware of the stipulations, I'll have the requisite forms on your desk by morning."
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Raj Ahten wrote:Druganov may have been a brute, but he wasn't a complete fool. He was however, extremely angry. He stormed back to the Free Republic's embassy and managed to give a debriefing to his stunned subordinates there. Mr. Waits, a junior member of the diplomatic team who was actually a member of the Foreign Service, rather than some committee was frankly stunned by his superior’s faux pas. He smoothly offered to go back and try to salvage something of the situation. Surprisingly, Druganov gave his blessing.

On his way back to Helen's chambers, Mr. Waits went over what could be learned from this disaster; besides the obvious that Druganov should be kept as far away from delicate business as possible. For one, it appeared the Mahou Kikai were quite willing to use violence to enforce their will. Bodily throwing out an ambassador was a rather extreme measure, even if he was an idiot. Any claims to territory that they had should therefore be taken extremely seriously. Obviously, proper protocol would have to be used at all times. Any hot heads in the military would best be placed far away from their border.

At the threshold of Helen's territory Mr. Waits, who was a rather small, plain looking man, activated the intercom and said,
"Mr. Waits from the Far Reaches Free Republic to see "Helen" of the Mahou Kikai at her convenience. I offer an apology on behalf of the Republic for the earlier incident with Mr. Druganov."
Some time later

"I think I've let him stew for long enough..." Helen activated the intercom, knowing that Mr. Waits still waited on the far side of the hatch. "Mr. Waits, would you join me for dinner at La Trioumph at 1900?" naming the most expensive restaurant on the station.

It had been obvious that their previous diplomat was a boor and a brute, and the best way to negotiate with him was physically. This one was different and could possibly be fruitful to talk to. Maybe.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Beowulf wrote:
Raj Ahten wrote:Druganov may have been a brute, but he wasn't a complete fool. He was however, extremely angry. He stormed back to the Free Republic's embassy and managed to give a debriefing to his stunned subordinates there. Mr. Waits, a junior member of the diplomatic team who was actually a member of the Foreign Service, rather than some committee was frankly stunned by his superior’s faux pas. He smoothly offered to go back and try to salvage something of the situation. Surprisingly, Druganov gave his blessing.

On his way back to Helen's chambers, Mr. Waits went over what could be learned from this disaster; besides the obvious that Druganov should be kept as far away from delicate business as possible. For one, it appeared the Mahou Kikai were quite willing to use violence to enforce their will. Bodily throwing out an ambassador was a rather extreme measure, even if he was an idiot. Any claims to territory that they had should therefore be taken extremely seriously. Obviously, proper protocol would have to be used at all times. Any hot heads in the military would best be placed far away from their border.

At the threshold of Helen's territory Mr. Waits, who was a rather small, plain looking man, activated the intercom and said,
"Mr. Waits from the Far Reaches Free Republic to see "Helen" of the Mahou Kikai at her convenience. I offer an apology on behalf of the Republic for the earlier incident with Mr. Druganov."
Some time later

"I think I've let him stew for long enough..." Helen activated the intercom, knowing that Mr. Waits still waited on the far side of the hatch. "Mr. Waits, would you join me for dinner at La Trioumph at 1900?" naming the most expensive restaurant on the station.

It had been obvious that their previous diplomat was a boor and a brute, and the best way to negotiate with him was physically. This one was different and could possibly be fruitful to talk to. Maybe.
"Of course Madam. I look forward to it."

Waits would have a chance to put on his good suit on this assignment. He didn't take the wait personally, it was just a way the Mahou Kenkai could show their displeasure with Druganov's tactics and was relatively mild compared to say, an air raid. Besides the joke around the office was that Waits was used to waiting.

At the appointed time Waits arrived in a conservative suit. A native of Loa's paradise, he looked quite normal on the outside. One thing you would notice was that in the high oxygen air of the station, he only took a breath about every 30 seconds or so. He was eager to show what he could do to those back at headquarters. Hopefully he could even get some form of agreement with Helen.
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Darth Raptor wrote:Osser dismissed her concerns with a flick of his wrist. "Consider it done. Only, be advised that the Imperium now has a military alliance with Archelonia and, to a somewhat lesser extent, the allies of Archelonia. The terms of the treaty are, however, quite conditional upon any engagements- Quantum forbid- being strictly defensive in nature. We'll not draw you into any wars of aggression, but that also means that the People will NOT support your Republic in whatever military adventurism you may or may not have in mind. So long as you're aware of the stipulations, I'll have the requisite forms on your desk by morning."
"The Republic considers the terms more than acceptable. We do not intend to antagonize an AI race that was originally built purely for war. That would be a rather dangerous way to make ones way in the universe. Now could you tell me a little about yourself?"

Business now satisfied, Haley indulged her curiosity by asked a seemingly endless series of questions about Tathessi biology and culture.
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Unity Station
Assembly chamber

Ambassador Turanat rose again and looked at the Nasthari representative.
"The fact is, Ambassador Shelton, that you are spitting on dead Kaeleer bodies to mount yourself on your high horse. Your 'evidence' wants us to believe that the Kaeleer would be stupid enough to use explosives clearly traceable to themselves in this, yet point to sinister plans of the evil invading masterminds. I, for one, don't believe that for a second. As for our evidence, here it is." He pulled a small orb out of his pocket and released it to hover in front of him. It projected a disturbing image of swirling colours and images, with strange writings and symbols. The recording of sensor readings were not technological in nature, but a magic artefact. For one without talent or certain aspects of Itan brain physiology it wasn't that readable. "As you can clearly see, the alleged explosion shows clearly no anti-matter properties, but, as Countess Nehele has also confirmed, was a fusion device. The anti-matter seems was only after the inital explosion, as can be seen in this frame."
He let it hover there more, so hopefully the Nashtari would get a serious headache. Then he turned to the Chamaran.
"At least some representatives are able to see lies for lies and facts for facts and side with reason. We applaude their plan to safeguard Llaelar space."
He cleared his throat. "This brings me to the last point. To assure no further destabilisation of the situation in Narmathar, non-Imperial shipping is required to searched for illegal imports like weapons or the like into Narmathar, and we will also have to raise transit fees for those not engaged in this situation - that is Hajr, Kaeleer, and Chamaran shipping - to help the security of ships in the area."
Great Dolphin Conspiracy - Chatter box
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Unity Station
Assembly chamber

"I clearly see nothing, Ambassador," Shelton retorted. "If you cannot render your sensor logs in a standard format, I wonder why you bother. And we still have not heard evidence that the Llaelar government was responsible for the bombing. All we know is that a Llaelar fuel tender was bombed, and the Kaeleeri started conquering Llaelar territory in response. Apart from that there has been nothing other than nebulous accusations. If you're to start accusing me of spitting on Kaeleer bodies, then have a care; I may be insisting on ascertaining those responsible for their deaths, but you're the ones profiteering from them." Shelton's patience was wearing thin. How clear that was to the Itan was anyone's guess.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Unity Station
Assembly chamber

"Well, Ambassador Shelton," Turanat said with a certain amount of malicious glee in his voice, "it is not my personal problem if you lack the mental capacity to see the evidence in its true form. We don't regularly record for the deaf-blind. All we know is that Kaeleer forces took meassures to protect themselves and their neighbours from further heinous attacks of the Llaelar. Your judgment seems to be clouded by a deep-seated desire to paint this as a planned criminal act of the Kaeleeri. I'm no exo-pyschologist, so I would have to guess the reason. But for now, I think we all can ignore your gibberish and wait until you will finally see reason. Whenever that may be."
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

Unity Station
Assembly chamber

The Network diplomat, with its Yuli compatriot absent to attend to other matters of importance to the Network, stirred for the first time since the beginning of the meeting. Before then it could perhaps have been believed to have suffered some sort of system failure, were it not for the fact it had chosen to speak, turning its head to look at Turanat, more for the organic's benefit than the drone's.

"Your evidence cannot be interpreted by this representative, either. I am inquisitive as to why you would present evidence in a chamber of diplomacy that cannot be interpreted by a number of the attendees. This is what your kind call mockery, yes?"

Whether the drone was playing innocent to poke the hornet's nest or was genuinely ignorant was anyone's guess. Certainly, it wasn't telling.
Truth fears no trial.
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

Unity Station
Assembly chamber

Insculpta had had enough. He stood up in the chamber. His voice resonating throughout the chamber.

"Enough" he commanded. "These lies and deceptions have gone far enough. It literally sickens me that the Kaeleer would orchestrate a war in a clumsy and ham-fisted manner then insult us by thinking us too stupid to notice. It is not us who spit on the bodies of the Kaeleer dead. It is their own commanders and those in this body that would use their deaths in a pathetic and dishonest land-grab that dishonor not only them, but the innocent Llaelar who have died defending their homes. We have evidence that concurs with the Nashtar ambassador's assessment of events. These senor logs were ttransmitted from the data files of the AUS Darter, a Chelus Systems fast-courier in the system owned by one Captain Pict, the sensor logs are from a Chelus System Model ACT 407 Scout Ship Grade Sensor Array." The massive reptile pushed a small crystal into the data port on his seat and sent the data in standard format.

"It concurs with my colleagues assessment, and is from a military grade sensor array that and is actually capable of being perceived by all of your senses." he said, practically scowling at the pretentious blaggard Ambassador Turanat, a feeling he forcefully projected into the man's mind.

"Moreover, the vessel which was attached to our Diplomatic Corps was unable to even leave the system before the start of hostilities. This combined with the fact that the fleet in question would not have needed refueling, that they were unexpected in the system giving insufficient time for the Llaelar to order and carry out such a deed, leads our intelligence service to believe that this actions was not committed by the Llaelar, but the Kaeleer's own government as a pretext to engage in Imperialistic Expansion at the expense of one of their neighbors. This is also the position of my government. Such actions cannot be stood for."
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
Thirdfain
The Player of Games
Location: Never underestimate the staggering drawing power of the Garden State.

Post by Thirdfain »

Unity Station

"This self-righteous bullying is what has truly gone too far. The Archelonians are simply ignoring the facts of the matter. They have offered NO reasonable excuses for the terrorist bombings on Scaldr, or the recent upswing in Llaelarese sponsored piracy in the Southwestern Rim.

The fact of the matter is, Hajr warships will be taking up strategic positions across the Llaelarese Republic over the course of the next twenty-four hours. We will not abide foreign meddling in affairs which have continuously harmed the well-being of our people. Don't think we don't know what this is actually about- powers in distant corners of the Nexus taking advantage of the situation to weaken the Southwestern Rim over matters which affect them not an iota!

The time for this absurd chin-wagging is over."

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite.
John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - )
Ohma
Jedi Knight

Post by Ohma »

Unity Station
Council Chambers

Mahal works the remains of his lips into a smirk. It was almost as though they thought they could threaten the rest of known space. It was a shame the Four would refuse to commit warships to this if it came to it, but even so...

He chuckles quietly to himself and shoots a note to the office of that Druganov fellow.
Mahal Debim, Ambassador from the Hallowed Worlds of Guymelus wrote:I like you Mr. Druganov. It's always good to hear someone put the truth so succinctly. You know, back on my home world, I used to be something of a revolutionary myself.

Perhaps you'd care to join me later for a drink? I'm sure we'd have much to talk about.
Oh, Mister Darcy! <3
We're ALL Devo!
GALE-Force: Guardians of Space!
"Rarr! Rargharghiss!" -Gorn
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Unity Station
Assembly chamber

Turanat felt the feeble attempt of mind projection from the turtle splash against his screen. His strength was barely more than a normal child's and he has endured far worse. But he sent a little slap back.
He raised his voice again, "we agree with the Hajr. And our forces have already taken strategic positions around Narmathar, including our Node and the Llaelar-Node. And I think with that, this discussion is over."
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

Unity Station
Assembly Chamber

"Honorable Representatives," Countess Nehele said, glancing up from her comm unit with an ashen expression, "I have just received a message from my Queen. It bears directly on this Assembly's discussions, so I will read it now."
Message wrote:TO: Arabella Nehele, Sapphire Caste Blood Countess and Our Ambassador to Unity Station
FROM: Jaenelle II Angelline, Black Caste Queen of the Darkness and of Kaeleer

Countess,

It has been brought to Our attention that many representatives on Unity Station have refused to condone our version of the recent events in the Narmathar System, to the point of accusing Us, both personally and as a nation, of murdering Our own citizens. Kaeleeri warmongers have been blamed for the destruction of the Violet, and the following invasion of Llaelar space. We would be very pleased if We could write to inform you that these heinous charges were false.

It is with a great deal of sadness that We must report that Naval Intelligence officers under the instructions of the Prince Regent have discovered recordings, both holographic and auditory (which are attached to this message) that make explicit the guilt of, among others, Admiral Yaslana and his Hourglass adviser. The confessions obtained by interrogation indicate that His Grace the Admiral wished to start a war, which he, as an officer of Our navy, would profit by, and that he enlisted the assistance of Lady Hekatah, the aforementioned Hourglass adviser, and her subordinates, as well as several of his own, to destroy the Llaelar reactant tanker and misinterpret the evidence to support a verdict of Llaelar guilt.

All those found guilty by the recordings, self-confession, or Queen's Witness have been imprisoned within the Keep, and await wither hanging or, should the Llaelar Republic wish it, transport to one of their worlds for execution by Llaelar authorities. We request that you make this information available to the Assembly of the United Nations, and the offer of extradition to the Republic's representative.

May the Darkness Embrace You,
Jaenelle II, Queen of the Darkness
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

"Well," mused Ambassador Dreinard, silent until then, "It does appear that Her Dark Majesty is a mostly benevolent- or at least not entirely psychotic- monarch, though her control over her subjects leaves a certain something to be desired."

The short, cherubic creature stood at his seat. "Nevertheless, the Star Kingdom of Kaeleer- or at least its sovereign monarch- should be commended for confessing to such appalling corruption and- more importantly- the apparent willingness to make amends. Would that I could only find such faint praise for either of their would-be accomplices. Elements within both the Empire and the Hajr- if not those polities in their entirety are overly credulous at best, and transparently malign at worst. This is hardly helped by the positively insufferable behavior of the Sky Imperial delegation. I move that 'Ambassador' Trunuat be formally censured."

While his placid, angelic face did not remotely show it, Osser Dreinard was positively livid. He had been sleeping half of his brain during the proceedings, and it was thanks only to his independent hemispheres that he'd managed to avoid a seizure. When his wakeful lobes were sent into conniptions by the elf's maddening artifact, his sleeping brain stepped in to take over. Not catastrophic, but the opposite of pleasant. The Tathessi were not, despite the best efforts of their scientists, psychic, but their brains were capable of registering, if not interpreting, certain forms of psychic stimuli. Had the insult been unintentional, it might have been forgivable.
Ohma
Jedi Knight

Post by Ohma »

Mahal is barely able to contain a laugh before speaking. “Seconded, the conduct of ambassador Turanat has been most unbecoming for a member of this council.”

Ha ha ha, I wonder how they'll try to get out of this?
Oh, Mister Darcy! <3
We're ALL Devo!
GALE-Force: Guardians of Space!
"Rarr! Rargharghiss!" -Gorn
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

Unity Station
Assembly Chamber

"Mr Ambassador," Countess Nehele said to the Llaelar representative, "Would you prefer for the guilty parties to face trial under your or Kaeleeri courts?"
Conversion Table:

Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Unity Station

When The Far Reaches representative’s turn to speak came around, Fernandez said to Kaeleer's ambassador,

"The Far Reaches Free Republic protests most strongly to this course of action. A trial of individuals is not enough considering the death and destruction already unleashed by Kaeleer's forces upon Llaelar. Reparations must be made. One trial will also do nothing to address the root causes of this crisis. Once these "guilty parties" are tried what assurances do we have that something very similar will not happen again in a month’s time?"
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Unity Station
Assembly Chamber

"The Republic of Nashtar agrees with the Far Reaches delegation in principle," Shelton said warily, "but any agreement on reparations or trials must lie between Llaelar and the Kaeleeri; absent a destabilizing war, I do not believe it is this body's place to regulate international agreements of this nature."

He then shifted his attention. "But now that the Kaeleeri have, apparently, identified the faction behind this incident, and affirmed that it was not the Llaelar government, surely the Sky Empire has no further reason to maintain a military presence in Narmathar," he continued pointedly.

Office of the Speaker of the Hajr

A message from the Nashtari embassy arrived through normal diplomatic channels, addressed to the Speaker.

Code: Select all

Speaker Atja su Miitgar,

It has come to the attention of my government that Ouster shipping has suffered an outsize number of pirate attacks of late.  In light of our recent trade agreement and the consequences of piracy on that trade, I am instructed to meet with you or an appropriate representative to discuss means of eliminating the pirate threat.  I therefore request such a meeting at the earliest convenience of you or your representatives.

Ambassador Kieran Byrne
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Unity Station
Assembly Chamber

"Given the still rather unstable situation, we do not see a reason to withdraw our military presence. We will maintain patrols of the area until such a time the situation calms down enough to be considered safe for merchant traffic. Given that the Kaeleer, rightfully or not, basically ended the Llaelar presence in their system, and the lackluster performance of said presence, it is quite doubtful that they can control their own territory sufficiently in any case."
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

Unity Station
Assembly Chamber

Countess Nehele's comm unit buzzed, indicating the arrival of a message. Glancing at it, she saw that it was from the Llaelar ambassador, who expressed a desire to conduct negotiations out of the public eye.

"Your Excellency," said the ambassador, sounding pleased and infuriated at the same time, though the Countess didn't think the anger was directed at her. "I am grateful to hear that the Star Kingdom is not as dominated by madness and treachery as I had believed it to be. On behalf of my government, I accept your offer to extradite Admiral Yaslana and his co-conspirators. Other reparations will be necessary, of course; One death, even the death of one so guilty as that Eyrien scum, cannot balance out the deaths of thirty thousand innocents, but that can be worked out later."
Conversion Table:

Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

Unity Station
Assembly Chamber

This time when the Network diplomat spoke, his Yuli assistant was at his side. Though the drone's face and tone were impassive, the Yuli diplomat was not nearly so hard to read - the colour spots on his face flickered with red; it was obvious that he was barely able to contain his anger, let alone remain silent as the Network drone spoke.

"It has come to our attention that an illegal attack has occured on a civilian trading vessel within our sovereign space. Reports indicate a high probability of involvement by warships originating from Guymelus," the drone brought up detailed reports on the main holodisplay, "another unidentified but large vessel was also present," the drone paused to give the council members time to take in his statements and evidence, something that had been learned with earlier models, "The Network requests an explanation for this attack. The Network also demands repayment to equal the value of the freighter, cargo, and lives lost."

"We want the bodies back, too!" the Yuli diplomat fairly snarled, unable to hold his tongue.

"Yes," the Network drone said, apparently unruffled by his companion's outburst, "the bodies we suspect to have been removed from the destroyed vessel are also to be returned. Due to the high probability of involvement by your nation, no further Guymelus military or civilian presence will be tolerated in sovereign Network space. Failure to comply with this latter command will be considered an act of war."
Truth fears no trial.