Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Re: SDNWorld Redux: Story Thread the Third

Post by Raj Ahten »

Indhopal Announces intention to attend Cascadian Conference

President Raj Ahten is quoted as saying,
"While this conference has been trumpeted to be a MESS CATO affair Indhopal fully intends to participate as a neutral nation. If the grand alliances intend to use that forum to finish dividing up Frequesue between them Indhopal will not just sit idly by."
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

International Police Conference, Day 2
Buy N Large Conference Center, Port Victory, Zoria

While Langley National Police officers Miyuki Kobayakawa and Natsumi Tsujimoto were generally impressed with the International Police Conference so far, they could not help but notice the sheer amounts of blatant Zorian nationalism that had seeped into many of the lectures and demonstrations. Every time the Zorian police showed off their techniques, they always made it a point to compare themselves favorably to other police forces and their doctrines, constantly citing their rigorous training, tight discipline, and general efficiency. Many of the non-Zorians at the conference, particularly UCSR militsioners, Byzantine police officers, Mushroom Metropolitan Police Service constables, and members of the San Dorado Armed Intervention Police, took a very dim view of the Zorians' constant nationalistic preaching, and they wanted to show them up at their own games.

For Officer Tsujimoto, her own chance came at a demonstration of Zorian Rapid Response Force riot control techniques, where the officers on duty made the mistake of asking for volunteers from the audience to play the bad guys. Officer Tsujimoto was among those chosen, along with Officer Donnie Man of the Serenity Royal Police, UCSR militsioners Boris Pavlov and Dmitri Gryzlov, AIP Corporal Emilie Duquesne, and Mushroom Met Inspector Nicholas Angle.

"Right, so these fine ladies and gentlemen will be playing our rioters," the lead Zorian Rapid Response Force officer, Lieutenant Peter Holmquist, said. "Now, watch closely as we move in to subdue them."

Holmquist and his men were all clad in full armor and carrying riot shields, truncheons, and tasers, while Tsujimoto, Man, Pavlov, Gryzlov, Duquesne, and Angle were all unarmed and wearing their dress uniforms; it seemed as if they'd have no chance against the Zorians and their famously swift and brutal riot suppression techniques, but they had the will to prevail against those nationalistic twats. As soon as Holmquist and his men started charging in, shields locked and truncheons up, Pavlov and Gryzlov immediately went for the center two riot officers, slamming their bodies right into the Zorians' shields and succeeding in knocking them back a bit. With Holmquist's line broken, the demonstration quickly degenerated into chaos as Tsujimoto, Man, Duquesne, and Angle moved to overwhelm and disarm the remaining Zorians; Holmquist himself was literally thrown into the audience by Natsumi, while Donnie, Emilie, and Nicholas swiftly disarmed the other officers as Boris and Dmitri held down their targets.

"Now, who can tell us what the Zorians did wrong?" Natsumi asked the audience. Miyuki immediately raised her hand to answer, as did several other officers in the crowd.

RESULTS
A group of Zorian Rapid Response Force officers fall prey to their own nationalistic hubris, thanks to the Langley National Police, San Dorado AIP, Serenity Royal Police, Mushroom Met, and UCSR militsiya.

Stay tuned for more wacky police hijinks from the International Police Conference!
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
Ryan Thunder
Village Idiot

Post by Ryan Thunder »

Shinn Langley Soryu wrote:"Now, who can tell us what the Zorians did wrong?" Natsumi asked the audience.
One former officer from Miratia shouted out "They forgot to turn their safeties off!" His companion, an abnormally large man, promptly clouted him.

OOC: :lol:
SDN Worlds 5: Sanctum
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

International Police Conference, Day 2
Buy N Large Conference Center, Port Victory, Zoria

Baernish National Security Police Captain Kingsley Shackleton frowned slightly towards the the Miratian officer, proving correct the stereotype of Baernish citizens as entirely humorless individuals.

"They were overconfident, Officer Tsujimoto. They believed unarmed rioters to pose no threat, and were surprised by simple, albeit effective group tactics."
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Daily Worker's Rag

Coalition "Security Cordon" strangles Sirnoth

The list of nations involved in grinding the Sirnothi people into dust are a veritable who's who of reactionary and counterrevolutionary forces. The Maritime forces of the Old Dominion, Shinra Republic, the Principate of Augustine, and the Republic of Serenity have come together to starve out the innocent workers of Sirnoth under trumped up charges of "genocide". Add in the air assets of Tian Xia and you have one hell of a group of capitalists and aristocrats.

This war is a transparent attempt by the Old Dominion to remove the sole nation within the Impact Crater that has the capability to resist it's influence. We urge all workers to lay down their arms and cease fighting for the imperialist bourgeois! [More]
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Union Press

External faiths continue to expand in Zoria

Buddhism and Daoism top the list of new non-native faiths, followed by Radical Islam, Confucianism, and Jedi. The total has reached 200,000 followers of other faiths now.

Tian Xia Air Force announces acquisition of Avenger UAVs

The Avenger is derived from the MQ-1 Predator, and apparently has carrier capability.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

PRIME MINISTER'S JOURNAL wrote:Heard a joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. Doctor says "Treatment is simple. Great clown Shroomliacci is in town tonight. Go and see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. Says "But, doctor...I am Shroomliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains. Fade to black.
SHROOM'S SHINRA SIGHT SEE
In Goddamn Unreal Time

The Prime Minister made his way to the Shinra Republic. After visiting Cascadia, he had returned for a brief spat back at Shroomania to celebrate the New Year with his family and Alison. Now, he was back on his Shroom Sojourn - this time without Alison, though. With Lord Moonbeam's expedition to Inner Velaria, someone dependable needed to stay back in the old country to keep an eye on things.

He keyed on the telescreen and decided to check how Ali was doing back at #10 Shrooming.

"Hello, Alison?" Shroom asked as the telescreen came to life and began receiving and transmitting signals via sat/strat.

"Hii!" came his perky aide's reply as, back in Shroomania, Alison grabbed the webcam on the Prime Ministerial desk and centered it on her face.

"How's things going?"

"Horribly!" Alison pouted.

"What? What's wrong?!"

"Deciphering the goddamn instructions you 'left' for me is fricking impossible, that's what!" Alison whined. "Mang, when you said detailed instructions, I thought you'd do something like make notations on the margins of all those dossiers and files I gave you!"

"Well... that's what I did, rite?"

"WRONG! ALL YOU LEFT WERE POST-IT NOTES ON YOUR GODDAMN PRIME MINISTERIAL REFRIGERATOR! I MEAN, WHAT THE HECK?"

"Well... that's how we used to do it back in the day!" Shroom defended himself. "I founded FUN with refrigerator post-its and figured out the d'entente with the CSR on a bunch of napkin scribbles. Come on, we were there together transcribing my stuff into legible form! I was there withs yous."

"Yeah, you were," Alison sniffled. "But now you're not here so how can I make sense of your leavings? To make things worse, you've turned off your groin-o-phone and now I can't ever call you whenever I get stuck on your more unreadable notes! Shroom!"

"Ali, I turned off my groin-o-phone so that Heraclius can't bother me anymore with some other CATO thing that'll detour me again. It's already bad enough that he voice-mails me all the time to remind me to assume a harder stance in regards to CATO's geopolitical affairs, like all the time!"

"At least it's his face on the bow statue of the S.S. Tyrannic and not yours," Alison consoled him. "Alright. Shroomy, I'm still very busy running your country for you."

"I'm sorry, Ali. But with Moonbeam gone, who else can I entrust the Sovereignty to while I go around the world and try to defuse the CATO-MESS tensions caused by both factions' leaders being total dicks, by either being opium-addicted Tian Xiamen or by being Holy Roman Hardcases."

"Yeah, yeah, I know." Alison pouted on screen again. "Just promise me one thing, Shroom-kun?"

"Sure, Lusy-chan!"

"Take me on a big vacation after you're done with your Shroom Sojourn, meeting boring old Rufus Shinra and all that."

"Oh, alright. How about on my birthday?"

"Right!" Alison perked up and leaned forward to the camera, giving her Prime Minister a rather good view of things. "Anyway, I'm off to play referee to the next Parliamentary brawl. See you later!"

"Tah!" Shroom waved and the screen went black.

Then the stewardess got off her stripper pole and kindly informed him that they were about to land and that he needed to strap on his seatbelts.

"Presidente Rufus, here I come." Shroom said as he buckled up. "Bout damned time. Finally, some action."
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Constanstinople Times

Force cuts

It was announced today that the Imperial Byzantine Army is due for more cuts. The new professional legions will be designated instead as a reserve, and contracts will only be awarded to the best trainees who will serve in the other Guards and Scolari Legions. Within the Guards and Scolari legions, it has been determined that the army will be reorganised into 4-6 Brigade Combat teams and that re-extension of contracts will now be on more stringent criteria. The objective of this exercise is towards a leaner and more effective force.

Within the Air Force, there is also a desire to reduce the number of standing forces. Most of the Tanker and Transport force will be flown instead by reservist pilots, instead of full time paid pilots. The number of regiments will be reduced steadily over the next 10 years.

The Navy will also see a reduction in the number of warships. Most of the F-100 frigates will be sold to other interested nations, while newer frigates will enter service to replace only 60-80% of the ships sold. The net result will see a smaller navy.

The reasons for this force cut is largely to free up resources for R&D especially when research and development costs skyrocket as technology race progresses. It is becoming more expensive to research the latest best "thing".
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

ROYAL TIMES-SENTINEL
CANISSIAN FOREIGN MINISTER TO VISIT WILKONIA

The Canissian Foreign Minister, Ren Lars, will visit Wikonia in order to arrange for the contracting of dock space for the construction of a Ford-class Carrier, while shipyard expansion back at Pearl Point breaks ground. Eventually, Canissia will be able to build it's own "supercarriers", a move that will provide a great boon to Canissian builders.

While at Wilkonia, FM Lars will also ask about Canissian ship builders being able to participate in aspects of the Carrier building program so to gain valuable experience for later Pearl Point construction.

Also on the docket for discussion is Wilkonian investment in the Space Elevator at Katangwa, and the possibility of another MESS Naval Exercise for next year.

Editor's Op-Ed: Supposed MESS Atrocities in Costas?
Rumors abuzz about supposed MESS forces atrocities the troubled Costas de los Concos Muertes region, where Canissian, Cascadian, and Shroomanian peacekeepers are currently deployed.

While a dignified news source would never comment on unsubstantiated rumors, the current tale has taken on a life of it's own in some student activist circles. It would behoove these student activists to take note that there has been full accountability of the 2,200 Royal Marines stationed in Costa, and that no equipment, neither weapons nor ammunition, has gone unaccounted for as well. It would further behoove those student to remember that they are at university for the purpose of study, rather than in the engagement of idle flights of fancy.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Orena Evening News

Peaceful protest turns to riot as government refuses to denounce MESS atrocities

A student protest turned into a violent clash against the police today as nearly three thousand peace activists and university students from all over PeZookia gathered in Orena to protest against MESS atrocities in Costa De Los Cincos Muertes.

The protest began as a simple, peaceful rally criticizing the government for not denouncing the MESS, which turned violent after a Royal Office spokesman claimed there is not enough evidence to tie the atrocity to MESS forces. Twenty police officers were injured, and damage is estimated at more than ten million Shroomanian dollars, after six hours of rioting turned Orena city center into a veritable warzone.

The atrocity which was at the centre of today's events happened...

FASTA confirms rumors: next Selene mission to be manned

"Yes, we have retained mission hardware from Selene 5 and adjusted crew rotations so that a full compliment of three astronauts is available for the next flight.", said Damian Kaklamanis during a press conference today, "However, we are currently awaiting the results of a Saturn III test flight scheduled for next week."

Experts speculate that Selene 5 may have been upgraded to a manned mission as a risky move designed to outpace the Mess Space Agency in the race to Selene.
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

A Call For Astronauts

HUE - Do you have what it takes? The Tonkin Aerospace Development Corporation is calling for brave new astronauts to pilot, operate and fly aboard the LERT and Gemini II space vehicles. TASC plans to launch weekly for a variety of missions including satellite delivery, satellite repair, station fabrication and other duties. In addition, TASC is now accepting scientific mission proposals for users around the world to study microgravity experiments ...
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

[OOC] Written by Pezook and myself[/ooc]

Royal Visit

"Why yes, yes there are...Matt", Paul answered cordially, still getting used to calling the Lord Fairfrax by name, "Several issues need clearing up. First, I'd like to pick your mind somewhat on the issue of recent MESS-CATO tensions, and how you view the issue - also, more importantly even, what worries you the most about CATO as a power bloc. Second is the obvious issue of Sirnoth and your plans for that country - I'm sure you expected that to come up, so it's no use dancing around the issue."

"The MESS and CATO?" Lonestar said aloud. "Honestly?"

"Honestly."

"I think the CATO is aggressive and hypocritical not," Lonestar hasten to add "Pezookia, of course, but San Dorado, the UCSR, and the willingness of the organization on the whole to stand by while other members intrigue on the Effing-continent. Yes, I know, a bit...disingenuous of me to say so, but I'm paranoid of any organization that has the UCSR as it's heavyweight."

"Why? Stanislav and Shady have been relatively quiet, more so than Tian Xia and yourself, I might add."

Lonestar opened his mouth, closed it, and worked his jaw. "Fair enough." He said, although it sounded like he wanted to dispute that comment.

There was an awkward pause as Paul considered the response. He was glad for honesty, for once, and part of the reason why he came here was to gather an opinion of a major non-CATO state leader.

"Thanks for the honest response. We really appreciate it."

Paul took a sip of his soda - some local drink, odd tasting but refreshingly different because of it.

"Now...some of us see the MESS as an intimidating, monolithic bloc. That's the opinion, especially of new CATO members. Personally, I think that picking fights with you guys is counterproductive to...well, pretty much everything we are trying to achieve, and I'd really like to see some sort of a mutually reasurring agreement. I believe my foreign ministry people sent some low level feelers about a strategic weapon reduction treaty, which you rejected..."

"Signing any such treaty would compromise our security."

"Yeah. Well, this was just one initiative, and I guess it fell through. How about something different, then? What would you like to see CATO do, or not do, in the future? I'm not asking formally, of course, but your opinions matter to us more than you would think."

"The impression I have received, as well as a few other members of the MESS, is that some of your junior members are using it as a umbrella to make land grabs. If Tian Xia wasn't there the continent would have been gobbled up by San Dorado, etc."

"Pardon me for sounding flippant," Paul said dryly, "But I think this is a bit of a case of the pot complaining about the complexion of the kettle."

"Well, if we had not brought the Shepistans under protection the vultures would have circled in our backyard." Lonestar said. Almost 200 Million dead on the continent of Shepland alone, I think you could pardon us for trying to re-establish order."

"And OICAS?"

"Merely a regional organization, much like the FTO before it dissolved." Lonestar deadpanned.

Paul pondered this statement for a while. All things considered, the OICAS wasn't exactly a collection of superpowers - besides, CATO had little capability to challenge the Old Dominion's claim over the Crater, and even less interest.

"I see...this actually brings us to the...delicate matter of Sirnoth. What are the Old Dominion's objectives in the country? I won't hide the fact that former FUN countries would see with great relief a free and fair election after the current military junta is deposed."

Lonestar idly swished his glass of Liquid Banjo. The ice cubes knocked togather.

"Our primary mission is to bring about the end of the killing with a minimal loss of noncombatant life." Lonestar said. "As you know, Sirnoth has been in an economic deathspiral for several years, and Cortes used the Capital Flight of several Dominion corporations, as well as the use of PMCs by those companies to secure the safe removal of their property, as an excuse to kill Sirnoth's ethnic minorities." Lonestar paused, then began again.

"Postwar political conditions will largely depend upon how tough the fight is and how widespread the damage to the country is. OICAS, with some advisors from some of our MESS friends, will be establishing a Provisional Coalition Authority to re-establish services. The scope of the PCA will depend upon how weakened public services are, and how deep the rot of the Cortes Junta has gone into Sirnothi society. Unfortunately, it may be impossible to restore the Sirnothi economy to the Halcyon days of the pre-biological war."

"The goal for the Old Dominion is going to be to move it's troops out of the country as soon as possible. We still have major security operations ongoing in the Shepistani Quarantine Zone, and we don't need another extended commitment. At most we may add a site to Continental Defense Command's STAR IADS in Sirnoth, as far as permanent stationing of troops goes."

"I see. You know, this is reassuring: some elements in CATO military circles were outright paranoid over the entire situation. If I may suggest something, though...if you invited humanitarian aid from the entire world to Sirnoth, it would probably be a major help in normalizing relations between MESS and CATO, while relieving some of the strain put on you. I'm not suggesting military force, merely help with construction, medicine, the works. What do you think about that? The Old Dominion loses nothing, and both sides re-establish some of the trust which has been in short supply lately."

"I'll go you one better." Lonestar said. "I officially invite Pezookia to send some personnel as observers, so you can see that the war is being conducted in as just a manner as possible. As for humanitarian aid, the International Red Cross is more than welcome to arrive and help with the refugee operations. Right now the Shepland Red Cross/Red Noodle is the only major humanitarian organization in the country. As for reconstruction..." Lonestar paused.

"...If I shut out Dominion firms from the reconstruction effort the House of Burgesses would lynch me. But. But. This is a nice lead in to something else of interest to Pezookian/Dominion relations: Your competition for the Royal Transport. The Dominion M3A team thinks it's product would be a fine match for the 2 longrange transports. The both my government and the Tian Xia government have adopted the VC-30 version for our new transports. The M3A team is pitching a 1.3Bil ROB package with two VC-30s, equiped with a Pezookian comms suite, and 10 years parts and support that starts upon completion of the second airplane. I might add that the M3A is in service with DPS 'Same Day delivery' service and uses the same zip-fuel that the B-3 Sleipner does, driving down operating costs.

"If you don't want to spend the cash for for the VC-30, Dominion Boeing offers the VC-31, a VIP transport version of it's Sonic Cruiser. It has a bit more passenger room than the M3A, as it's a widebody like the 777, but it's also much slower. The package offers 1.05bil ROBS, with the same support plan as the M3A team.

"For your medium transport, Chesapeake Arms would like to offer it's C-37B. It would provide 6 such jets for 900mil ROBs total, this time with a 8 year support and parts agreement beginning upon delivery of the final plane.

"Because of the small numbers of aircraft, none of the companies are willing to open assembly plants in Pezookia. However, all of the teams agree that PeZookian Subcontractors should install some of the components...such as the comms suite.

"If I may add something myself, Sirnoth faces significant obstacles in economic recovery. For example, it's power transmission backbone was laid down in the '30s and hasn't been upgraded since. It's telecommunications network is in disarray. If Dominion products are purchased for your Royal Transport, Pezookian companies will be given the same order of precedence as MESS or OICAS companies when bidding for reconstruction projects begins."

"Well...I don't know what to say!", Paul exclaimed after hearing out the proposal, "I never expected you to go as far as letting in observers, to be honest. I'm sure the rest of CATO will appreciate the gesture, too. As for the airplane deal...I've never been bribed with reconstruction contracts before."

Lonestar simply smiled in response.

"I must say the offer is most exciting. I will have analysts back home run some cost/benefit simulations, but my gut says it's good. Very good...", Paul lost himself in thought for a minute, "But I won't make a hasty promise here.", he leaned back in his chair, "You know, that's a pretty bitchin' billiards table. Care to shoot some pool?"
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

Statement from the Office of the President of the NFT

It has come to our attention that certain unruly elements have accused MESS peacekeepers on the Costa de las Cinco Muertes of perpetrating atrocities. It is the opinion of the Syndicate that this a most inflammatory and ineffectual course of action. There presently exists not the slightest proof that MESS forces are responsible for the goings-on on the Costa; we loathe to remind anyone that 6.8 MESS is a caliber nearly as universally accepted as 7.62 UCSR. We therefore urge all not to jump to conclusions until the truth of these matters has come to light, as it surely will.

Signed,

President Sidney Hank
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

Baernish Ministry of Internal Affairs
Statement to Foreign and Domestic Press

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Press,

The purpose of this address is simple; His Grace the Duke and His Grace's ministers wish to dispel any doubts about their positions relative to the recent accusations of MESS atrocities circulating through unofficial channels. In short, the belief of the Sovereign Duchy is that the MESS did not sponsor these attacks, is unlikely to ever sponsor such attacks, and that statements to the contrary are the work of delusional, overly-paranoid madmen.

Count Lawrence,
Minister for Internal Affairs
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Indhopal at the Cascadian Conference

Contrary to what many talking heads had predicted, Indhopal did not make a grand entrance to the MESS/CATO conference condemning everything in sight. Instead the diplomatic team went to work quietly and efficiently. First they informed basically everyone that Indhopal considered its border areas of vital national security interest. Any military presence in these areas would be considered a grave threat to Indhopal itself.

Secondly the Secretary of State went to talk with San Dorado's delegation to try and negotiate what the future of the Eastern Occidental zone of the CFR should be. Currently the area was still under joint occupation by San Dorado and Indhopal. Indhopal's opening position was that a long term security agreement should be drawn up that would stipulate Indhopal would be responsible for security in the southeast half of the country and that San Dorado would be responsible for the other half.

Meanwhile

President Raj Ahten had his own role to play. Instead of going to the Cascadian Conference he stayed at home and invited the leadership of the neighboring Omango and Sabika to Fenraven. The idea behind this mini summit was to try and convince the two nations to join the economic bloc Indhopal was forming with the North Frequesuan Trust. Sabika and Omango received a lavish welcome as President Ahten was willing to go quite far indeed to bring these two former enemies closer.

An Honor Guard Awaits the Arrival of the Sabikan Delegation
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Excerpt from A Brief History of Tian Xia

The Opium War

The Opium War occured in 1814 between Tian Xia and Shroomania as a result of massive importation of opium into Tian Xia by Shroomania merchants. This importation was an attempt by Shroomanians to increase the trade imbalance between Tian Xia and Shroomania. In reaction to the consequent widespread usage, the Huang Di banned the importation of opium, seizing cargos already in port and destroying them.

The Shroomanians were deeply upset by this act, and so the Shroomanian Messica Company sent warships to capture the forts at the mouth of the Pax River. The SMC deeply underestimated the newly reformed Tian Xia Navy, resulting in the capture or destruction of the majority of the SMC's force.

[ooc]Opium addicted Tian Xia men, eh? Well Shroom, the people of Tian Xia know who to blame for that.[/ooc]
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Hobbs Room, Chester Hotel
Adams Capital District, Cascadia

The long-awaited, in some cases long-dreaded day had arrived. The limousines had been coming almost nonstop for the past few hours, carrying Heads of State and/or Government and Foreign Ministers and Secretaries of every stripe from across the world. With only a couple notable exceptions (Japanistan being the most obvious) the world's nations had opted to send some representation to the World Summit proposed months before by President Garrett in the face of rising distrust and tensions between CATO and MESS.

When all of the senior attendees had gathered, the President finally entered. He took his place at the podium made up just for this occasion to address the gathered delegations before they began the formal process of laying out the specific meetings that would make up the summit. After that was dinner and the end of the day's activities, with the "real work" beginning the next day and the summit to be given a couple days to get a full head of steam; it had been decided it was best to give a little lead-up time so that the many leaders could get comfortable in their guest quarters before business got thick and heavy.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I welcome you to Adams and to the Republic of Cascadia," he began. "I wanted to start this off on the right foot by saying that I am grateful that your countries have seen the wisdom in holding such a meeting no matter the challenges - and there are many - it presents to us."

"Six years ago our world saw what a modern war could do, when two countries turned terrible weapons against each other and wiped one another out, in the process inflicting harm and chaos on the rest of the world. We saw this happen and we all swore we would never let that happen to us. We all desired peace. And when it seemed like we'd attained it, the world as we saw it became more comfortable and certain to us."

"But such ideas, as great as they are, can sometimes be swept up in the tide of events. In the past years we have seen the alignments of the world's nations shift and change in such a rapid pace it has left us spinning, uncertain of the world and what the future holds. The rapid expansion of CATO has alarmed the MESS Alliance; in turn the activities of MESS Alliance states has raised suspicions among CATO's members. We find our world suddenly feels a lot less comfortable, and far more uncertain, than it previously did, with our neighbors' intentions becoming a subject of doubts and fears. And this is a dangerous state of affairs."

"And that is why we are here. We are here to restore certainty to our world, to resolve the points that have brought your nations so much fear and anxiety in the previous months, and to ensure that the peace we desired to have is maintained."

"So, once again, thank you for attending, ladies and gentlemen. I will hand the meeting over briefly to my Secretary of State, Mr. Parnell, who is far more eminently qualified in the tedious and sublime task of arranging your delegations' schedules." That prompted some laughs from the assembled.

(You can all give responses and then interactions at the formal welcoming banquet, work whatever you want in however you like.)
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

Unreal Time

President Cizadlo was for the first time in a long while, enjoying himself. The ship ride down aboard Cosette had been smooth, and he'd get a chance to talk to President Garrett by the end of the week. He also had the announcement that Alaska would be doing it's first manned spaceflight later this year in his back pocket. That in and of itself would put Alaska back on the map geo-politically.
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

FASTA bulletin

Saturn III passes first complete flight test

FASTA administration announced today that a flight test of a complete Saturn III launch vehicle was a total success. The rocket lifted off at 0600 local time from the Comrade Stanislav Rocket Testing Range and achieved orbit, succesfully inserting an unmanned Earth Departure Stage into a proper trajectory for trans-lunar injection. The EDS then performer a series of maneuvers, testing its restartable engine, and deorbited over the Pacific.

This test, undertaken as a risky move aimed at accelerating preparations for the FASTA moon landing, confirmed the sound design and operational capability of a designated FASTA launch vehicle.

OCC: Whew. I assumed a 50% chance of dismal failure and passed the roll. Yay!

Name of MSA exchange astronaut still not released to the public

While sightings of a mysterious MESS astronaut at the Comona Island training facilities grow more numerous by the day, FASTA administration has still not released the name of the exchange astronaut who will fly to the Moon as part of a Selene spacecraft crew. Fellow FASTA astronauts refuse to comment on the matter, and even Alan Shroompard was unavailable for comment, citing his need to recuperate after the Khitanese adventure which left him stricken off the flight roster.

Experts still speculate...

Assembly renews at the Jerusalem VAB

Selene 5 mission hardware stored at the Jerusalem Vertical Assembly Building has received an unlikely visitor today: an Earth Departure Stage shipped straight from a BAM rocket factory near Constantinopole. Reports indicate that assembly personnel returned to Station A of the VAB and are currently working on integrating the EDS with Selene 5.

Other Bulletin articles in today's issue:

Damian Kaklamanis confirms upgrade of Selene 5 to a manned mission

IRT Space Shuttle: The future, or expensive mistake?

Orion starships on the rise: details of technology tests at Novaya Zemlya
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

LIVE on ShroomSat/StratTV
The Sovereign Shroomanian Sentinel
WEEKLY WORLD WATCH

MYSTERIOUS "MESS" MASSACRES

Mushroom Marine Major Mace McKenzie, officer in charge of the Shroomanian peacekeeping contingent, has announced that so far there has been no proof whatsoever of any MESS complicity in the atrocities recently reported in the Costa, citing that Shroomanian, Canissian and Cascadian peacekeepers have been keeping each other apprised of the situation and have been monitoring each other's movements.

"Shroomanian, Canissian and Cascadian peacekeepers have been keeping each other apprised of the situation and have been monitoring each other's movements," Maj. McKenzie said. "All patrols of all sides have been accounted for, as have all men and women, along with all their gear. All three peacekeeping forces follow exceedingly strict rules of engagement and even a single incident of a weapons discharge does not go unreported.

"Also, the sites of the atrocities have not been covered by either Shroomanian, Canissian or Cascadian patrols at the time of the incidents - but we are now moving to correct that by increasing the scope of our patrols and by increasing the intensity of UAV activity over our covered Costan areas.

"We'd prefer to be able to stop these atrocities from happening, rather than come across them after the fact. That's our mission, to keep the peace, and all three peacekeeping forces have been cooperating with one another extensively to stabilize the area."

CASCADIAN CONFERENCE COMMENCES...

After his Spectacular Shinra Shindig where he visited President Rufus, Prime Minister Shroom the 777th has arrived at Cascadia once again to participate in the CATO-MESS dialogue.

[OOC: We can do the Shinra thing in GODDAMN UNREAL TIME.]
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Temple Prime, Sarajevo, UCSR
Brotherhood of Nod Headquarters
"Sir, the Black Hand has secured the facility and are in the process of hunting down the escaped subject.", Kilian, Kane's second in command said, "The matter should be resolved quickly."

"It better be.", Kane said, "We cannot allow this project to be compromised. Tell Marcion that the Black hand must deal with this quickly and quietly. Failure is not an option."

"There is one more problem Sir.", Kilian said and handed Kane a folder.

"What's this?", Kane asked.

"It seems that one of our low level agents has been captured spying on the facility. He was apparently assisted by a local milicija inspector from Travnik. They were investigating the murders that the subject had committed.", Kilian said.

"How much to they know?", Kane asked.

"Nothing. They were captured before they saw anything of significance.", she answered.

"Good. Have our agent reassigned and ordered to keep quiet about what he did see.", Kane said, "As for the milicija inspector...find him a job elsewhere."

"Yes, Sir.", Kilian said and the conversation ended.

Result: The X files are closed and the story will continue in another form.
:)
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

Raj Ahten wrote:Secondly the Secretary of State went to talk with San Dorado's delegation to try and negotiate what the future of the Eastern Occidental zone of the CFR should be.

With the President otherwise occupied with matters of state the NFT was represented at the conference by Commissioner for Foreign Relations Charlie Duquesne.

She received Secretary Christophe and his entourage during a two-hour pause in-between officially scheduled meetings. That time probably wouldn’t be enough to come to a comprehensive agreement, but it would probably be enough to get a feel for the other’s position. Besides, Indhopalis had a reputation for being straightforward negotiators.

Duquesne welcomed the secretary into the room and offered him a refreshment. “So, Mr. Christophe”, she began. “I heard you wished to talk about Eastern Occidental?”
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Dominion Defense

Drone War over Sirnoth already spurring post-war plans for further restructuring

Dominion Defense has learned that virtually all F-39 Super Griffins will be relegated to the Territorial Army Air Force within 3 years, win, lose, or draw over Sirnoth. The news follows word that pre-production units of MQ-47s are "operating autonomously" over Sirnoth, as part of a testbed for UCAVs operating without reliable communications with command. In addition, the great success of the MQ-9 has led to rumors that the so-called "Predator C" will be bought to augment the force...[More]
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

CASCADIAN SUMMIT

His Majesty the King, Arik Coyotus, had arrived in Cascadia in his Royal airborne transport & command post, the Zeppelin Z-001. With him was Katerin and Siobhan, with children-- son Antony and daughter Cailin. King Arik was normally one to forgo as much pomp and ceremony as possible, but he indulged in a modest ceremony upon arrival, pointing out features of statecraft to his children. There were the brass bands, the salutes and colors, the anthems, and red carpets, none of which was particularly ostentatious compared to the usual state meeting. And, of course, the media.

The King of the Royal People's Republic of Canissia made a few short remarks, mostly about how Cascadia was an excellent choice to host these MESS-CATO summit talks, and how the unfortunate nature of mistrust had come to loom like a shadow over the current political situation-- topped off with a desire to put an end to the troubles with these direct talks. Throughout the comments, Siobhan and Katerin could be seen quietly whispering commentary to the children, pointing out why their father used certain words while avoiding others.

And eventually, they were taken to the meeting hall an dseated, where rounds of introduction were made and President Garrett made his opening remarks. The children were seated quietly, with their mothers, behind the King, and well-dressed, attentive, and quiet as they soaked up the proceedings of modern statecraft.
Last edited by Coyote on 2009-04-21 12:24pm, edited 1 time in total.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Imperial Chronicles

Shinra Republic, Unreal time before the conference

"So what exactly do you wish to speak to me about?" Heraclius asked Rufus. The two were seated in a private chamber alone to discuss certain matters most likely pertaining to the MESS.

=====================

Fast forward, Cascadian peace conference

The BAM A380 command craft arrived in Cascadia and taxied into position. President Shady and Emperor Heraclius IV were met by an honor guard and then subsequently escorted to the summit hall.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia