SD.Net World Redux Comment Thread V

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Re: SD.Net World Redux Comment Thread V

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Steve wrote:Heh, whoops, I thought it had become publicly known that you're dismantling Warden.

Actually, I think it would be publicly known by now. You can only hold the sub for so long before people notice things, and any numbers of dock workers, lower ranked personnel, etc., could have leaked the news.
Why Comrade President, whatever do you mean?

The political situation in Coilerburg is ambiguous and until things clear up (which they will hopefully soon), that nuclear-armed submarine that was recently sneaking about in Shroomanian waters rather suspiciously with its nuclear weapons will stay in Shroomanian custody for the time being. For the sake of security. ;)

But Prime Minister Shroom and President Hank have been engaging in talks. Through instant messenger. MSN instant messenger. ;)
And now I'm getting a tremendous urge to bomb some people. Including your crazy-Batman..... are you sure you don't go by the nom de plume "Grant Morrison", Shroom? :P
Zablorg introduced that guy, mang, not me.

I'm just running with it. :lol:
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Steve wrote: And now I'm getting a tremendous urge to bomb some people. Including your crazy-Batman..... are you sure you don't go by the nom de plume "Grant Morrison", Shroom? :P
Don't worry, I get that all the time with King "sheer emotionless, callous professionalism expected of our soldiers" Zor :P

So far I resorted to writing Zorians as creeping the hell out of others. I mean, how can you expect a soldier to remain emotionless and silent in combat without heavy brainwashing? Emotional supression therapy ahoy!

Hey, I wonder what's the rate for brutal sex offences amongst Zorians? :D
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Beowulf wrote:
Shroom Man 777 wrote:How did Bean explain-away his KKVs in Game 1?!
By doing his math extremely badly.
Yes, in truth, it was all bull crap, really. The Shuttle debris really set me thinking that it was really a white elephant.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

I don't really read much of Zor's post because the blocks of text are painful to my already degraded eyes.

Does he really write his soldiers to be, like Stormtroopers and stuff? :?
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:
Beowulf wrote:
Shroom Man 777 wrote:How did Bean explain-away his KKVs in Game 1?!
By doing his math extremely badly.
Yes, in truth, it was all bull crap, really. The Shuttle debris really set me thinking that it was really a white elephant
Oh, I can fully believe that KKVs can work. They just had no where near the effect he claimed. To achieve even a 1 kiloton equivalent effect, he'd have needed a 125 ton impactor. That doesn't include any retro rockets to drop it out of orbit. Makes for a rather bad set of WMDs.

The shuttle was designed as a lightweight structure to carry payload to orbit and back. A KKV can be significantly denser and more solidly contructed. Ideally, it's a solid tungsten rod (possibly coated with a heatshield).
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Shroom Man 777 wrote: Does he really write his soldiers to be, like Stormtroopers and stuff? :?
Yes he does. Read his last "Fist Of Allah" post with the destroyer for a latest example of a totally emotionless Zorian military officer. This is why I always mention how creepy they are to everybody else :P

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Beowulf wrote:Oh, I can fully believe that KKVs can work. They just had no where near the effect he claimed. To achieve even a 1 kiloton equivalent effect, he'd have needed a 125 ton impactor. That doesn't include any retro rockets to drop it out of orbit. Makes for a rather bad set of WMDs.

The shuttle was designed as a lightweight structure to carry payload to orbit and back. A KKV can be significantly denser and more solidly contructed. Ideally, it's a solid tungsten rod (possibly coated with a heatshield).
Well, that is the crux isn't it? At 125 tonnes, that's practically half the payload for any rocket in planning now.

But yeah... solid tungsten rod with a fairly large heat shield, probably ceramic based.. might do the trick. Fired from an orbiting gun it might just do the trick.
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote: Well, that is the crux isn't it? At 125 tonnes, that's practically half the payload for any rocket in planning now.
Dude...125 tonnes is more than half the payload of the monstrous superheavy boosters that haven't even made their way to the drawing boards :D

It would require a fucking Saturn V launch. And it would probably weigh more, since it needs fuel to deorbit itself!

Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:Well, that is the crux isn't it? At 125 tonnes, that's practically half the payload for any rocket in planning now.

But yeah... solid tungsten rod with a fairly large heat shield, probably ceramic based.. might do the trick. Fired from an orbiting gun it might just do the trick.
125 tons is about the payload of a Delta IV Heavy(7) in this game. You don't need an orbiting gun to deorbit the mass, but you do need a fairly hefty retrorocket to drop the perigee to intersect the surface.

For those of you with space programs, a note: launch vehicles will lift about 45% more payload to orbit than in real life due to the reduced gravity and radius of Nova Terra.
PeZook wrote:Dude...125 tonnes is more than half the payload of the monstrous superheavy boosters that haven't even made their way to the drawing boards :D
What do you mean, haven't even made their way to the drawing boards? The MSA Ares could lift something that size with mass to spare...
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Beowulf wrote: For those of you with space programs, a note: launch vehicles will lift about 45% more payload to orbit than in real life due to the reduced gravity and radius of Nova Terra.
What? The gravity isn't that much smaller...
PeZook wrote: What do you mean, haven't even made their way to the drawing boards? The MSA Ares could lift something that size with mass to spare...
With another 125 tonnes to spare? :P

Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

PeZook wrote:
Beowulf wrote: For those of you with space programs, a note: launch vehicles will lift about 45% more payload to orbit than in real life due to the reduced gravity and radius of Nova Terra.
What? The gravity isn't that much smaller...
Yeah, but the radius is smaller, so the mass of Nova Terra is about 1/3 that of Earth. Altogether it amounts to a significant drop in required Delta-V, which gives a significant boost to mass to orbit for a similarly size engine.
PeZook wrote:
What do you mean, haven't even made their way to the drawing boards? The MSA Ares could lift something that size with mass to spare...
With another 125 tonnes to spare? :P
The full up configuration? Yeah. Then again, it's also have 10 engines burning on the first stage, 4 of them fairly massive SRBs.
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

... and Canissia finally starts moving rooks & bishops across the board. :D
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Coyote wrote:... and Canissia finally starts moving rooks & bishops across the board. :D
Technically, MiG-29s are strictly a CSR product, unless you insist on western electronics.
Kreia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

FASTA should invite Cascadian astronauts. :)
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

PeZook wrote:
Steve wrote: And now I'm getting a tremendous urge to bomb some people. Including your crazy-Batman..... are you sure you don't go by the nom de plume "Grant Morrison", Shroom? :P
Don't worry, I get that all the time with King "sheer emotionless, callous professionalism expected of our soldiers" Zor :P

So far I resorted to writing Zorians as creeping the hell out of others. I mean, how can you expect a soldier to remain emotionless and silent in combat without heavy brainwashing? Emotional supression therapy ahoy!
So PeZookia does not have any military tradition and has lot of Bezerkers in it's ranks? Its sort of an ideal method of behavior for Zorian soldiers in the battlefield and they are not like that when they are, say, doing non combat related work or off duty. Of course, it does make sense to outsiders that the Zorian tendancy towards going into battle with a cool, emotionless and professional determination would find it creepy.

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:FASTA should invite Cascadian astronauts. :)
I don't know about Steve, but I'd not be eager to send astronauts over to FASTA after the Moonbeam Incident. No matter how you spin it, FASTA is getting a black eye from that. Sure Shroompard gets to play the hero, but the fact is one of your astronauts went nuts up there. And since Tian Xia would probably have figured out she was on LSD at the time when they gave her medical treatment, that too has probably leaked. Some how, some way, a FASTA astronaut had drugs during a mission.

That doesn't look good, y'know?
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Shroom Man 777 wrote: HEY SNC GUYS:

What're those super Mig-31s anyway?
Highly advanced Interceptor Aircraft. 8) Considering that Shroomania is a friendly nation(and has SNC observer status)...You want some? :P
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Reposting from Story Thread:
  • General Information: President Shinra orders mission to get pictures of the SSGN Warden being dismantled in Shroomanian docks. If successful, pictures will be "leaked" (through supposed Shroomanian sources, not Shinra) to the press. He is also planning how to make sure the point gets across that this is not a good idea should such an incident occur in the future. Because President Shinra doesn't like it any more than President Garrett did.
  • For Steve: Shinra Republic tosses bid out to replace Cascadian tanks. Given our past cooperation on various defense technologies, including the current RCA tank fleet, it is hoped we will be able to continue our proud cooperation with the Cascadian Republics.
  • For SiegeTank: Message sent to San Dorado offering financial and other assistance for the merger between the corporate city-state and Coilerburg. Additionally, an offer is made to start an exchange between Shinra police officers and San Doradon officers, as a back-door means of providing "advisors" without actually having advisors (mindful of the F-ing Continent's neutrality and thus maintaining appearances). Of course, police equipment will be offered to help bolster the increased force that will probably be necessary.
  • For Karmic Knight, relayed to FTO as a whole: Message sent through Kingdom of the Vineyards to the FTO as a whole to see if joint ASW exercises between the FTO and Shinra Republic would be desired, including existant units stationed at Syl, as well as any other transient units that may be deployed to area for duration (and of course available for port visits to any coastal FTO nation interested). Given the threat of subsurface pirate activity from the jihadis, as well as the previous incidents of 'independent' submarines causing trouble. As we do have observer status to the FTO we would of course like to repay that hospitality offered.
  • For SiegeTank: Backchannel message delivered via Shinra ambassador to San Dorado concerning the fate of the Warden. Basically, hints dropped in a roundabout way that "somehow" the Shroomanians might be pressured to cease the dismantling operation, and also attempting to gauge whether the San Doradan government would be happy or upset if such a thing were to happen. Setting up a roundabout and deniable way such that, should the photos from the mission earlier outlined become public, San Dorado would know who did it. And also seeing, again in a roundabout way, whether San Dorado would desire such an outcome
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Coyote, dude...Byzantine Mig-29 purchase? What?
Zor wrote: So PeZookia does not have any military tradition and has lot of Bezerkers in it's ranks?
What the fuck are you talking about? There's a world of difference between keeping your head in a fight and being "cold and emotionless". There is no way any army can reasonably expect soldiers in combat to remain emotionless when somebody is trying to kill them, unless you subject them to brainwashing and emotional supression therapy.

Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

PeZook wrote:Coyote, dude...Byzantine Mig-29 purchase? What?
Bugger. I need more coffee before I post. Sorry.

EDIT-- OKay, that's edited; also the Katangwan OOB is updated as well.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

PeZook wrote:Coyote, dude...Byzantine Mig-29 purchase? What?
Zor wrote: So PeZookia does not have any military tradition and has lot of Bezerkers in it's ranks?
What the fuck are you talking about? There's a world of difference between keeping your head in a fight and being "cold and emotionless". There is no way any army can reasonably expect soldiers in combat to remain emotionless when somebody is trying to kill them, unless you subject them to brainwashing and emotional supression therapy.
Of course not, the Zorian Military does not expect every soldier to remain inhumanly emotionless in battle. Purely cold, calucating and emotionless activity in the face of battles is just a sort of poetic ideal in regards to combat that the Zorian military has adopted. It does manifest itself in tendancies of behavior of Zorian Soldiers and officers, although its not like Zorian soldiers would never scream in agony if shot in the arm or mantain such resolve forever.

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

Epic Diplomacy +5!

Summarizing the President's letter to Canissia and the Shinra Republic:
  • Fishing for investments by Canissian and Shinran corporations in Coilerburg.
  • We'd like peace keepers but they would only make things worse right now.
  • However, an invitation is extended to both nations to send some police officers & "advisors" to help in Coilerburg.
  • Disclosure of why the Warden was where it was (what can I say, that's the reason Coiler gave me).
  • Tacit approval of pressuring Shroomania into giving us back our damned submarine ASAP (sorry Shroom, but I told you I was unhappy with the dismantling, and I'm still really annoyed you paraded foreign intel officers through our ultimate strategic weapon).
  • Thanks a bunch, etc.
Not mentioned in the letter but
  • Rogue, we'd be up for joint exercises. 'We' being San Dorado and the Coilerburg navy (under CNFN supervision).
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
Karmic Knight
Jedi Master

Post by Karmic Knight »

SiegeTank wrote:
  • Rogue, we'd be up for joint exercises. 'We' being San Dorado and the Coilerburg navy (under CNFN supervision).
'We', also including the Vineyards.

Also, +5 indeed.
This is an empty country and I am it's king, and I should not be allowed to touch anything.
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

Ah, actual diplomacy. Something I've been neglecting for the longest time.

If anyone wants Lelouch and his people to visit your country and talk to your own leaders, just say the word, and they'll be there.
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Shinn Langley Soryu wrote:Ah, actual diplomacy. Something I've been neglecting for the longest time.

If anyone wants Lelouch and his people to visit your country and talk to your own leaders, just say the word, and they'll be there.
The Byzantine Emperor might be interested, and we would be bringing one upgraded K-2 Black Panther, and a K-3 Black Tiger along. :P
Kreia