SD.Net World Redux Comment Thread V

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

SD.Net World Redux Comment Thread V

Post by Mr Bean »

It's 3AM
Do you know where your Space based weapons are?
Have at it.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Re: SD.Net World Redux Comment Thread V

Post by TimothyC »

I rely on Air-launched ASAT weapons.
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Wow.. it's a game new year and I didn't notice it...
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Cayman dudes get celebrating the fact that they pulled through those elections - in their corrupt asshole manner - but suddenly Karic kills them.

Hwoops.

The Crimson Star Republic special agents would've done it personally but why dirty your hands when a crime lord with a grudge is always there? ;) Not to mention a hefty bonus for Karic - allowing him to hide in the CSR for almost half a year :)
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

When you say "the government of the Caymans", who precisely did you have in mind? President and VP? The entire leading Cabinent (Save perhaps lesser posts)? Important legislative and party figures?
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

I thought it was about the President and some Party figures, since they are the elected. But then, it doesn't really matter which part of the Cayman government was offed - it will create a lot of chaos any way one looks at it :D
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

And...Stas makes one hell of a comeback. 8) :D

And so does Karic. :twisted:

Damn, I wish I had more time.
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

Man, Karic rocks. I wonder what he's up to.
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
Karmic Knight
Jedi Master

Post by Karmic Knight »

DarthShady wrote:And...Stas makes one hell of a comeback. 8) :D

And so does Karic. :twisted:
That they do.
SiegeTank wrote:Certainly- what kind of aircraft were you thinking of though? Ralson Aerospace already manufactures the Rafale-M, though I guess there might be a market for a Super Etendard/A-5 Vigilante type of aircraft.
I believe so also.
This is an empty country and I am it's king, and I should not be allowed to touch anything.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Fingolfin, dude, how much does the DSP-1 weigh and where do you want it to go?

P.S.

If Karic is up, the Ana will be, too :D
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

PeZook wrote:Fingolfin, dude, how much does the DSP-1 weigh and where do you want it to go?

P.S.

If Karic is up, the Ana will be, too :D
The probe I'm launching from Jerusalem heads for Mars. The one from Wilkonia goes to Venus.

I need a Delta II type launcher.

EDIT: BTW Wilkens, you can go launch the other probe too.
Last edited by Fingolfin_Noldor on 2008-12-16 10:39am, edited 1 time in total.
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Cool. We can easily launch it with an 11K59, it's in the same capability range as the Delta II.

Story post ahoy!

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Ryan Thunder
Village Idiot

Post by Ryan Thunder »

By the way folks, Miratia is developing an extremely large rocket artillery/air defense platform that's pretty much a land-going battleship, designed to defend larger areas of Miratian territory from air and ground attack. This is necessary because of the fact that I have fewer than 15,000 soldiers trying to manage an area the size of Quebec.

Now, I realize that may strain credulity with some of you but well... I need it. :P
SDN Worlds 5: Sanctum
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Ryan Thunder wrote:By the way folks, Miratia is developing an extremely large rocket artillery/air defense platform that's pretty much a land-going battleship, designed to defend larger areas of Miratian territory from air and ground attack. This is necessary because of the fact that I have fewer than 15,000 soldiers trying to manage an area the size of Quebec.

Now, I realize that may strain credulity with some of you but well... I need it. :P
ER... might I recommend you ... instead use an extensive bunker system instead? That big juicy target is just ripe for suborbital nuke bombardment.
Kreia
Ryan Thunder
Village Idiot

Post by Ryan Thunder »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:
Ryan Thunder wrote:By the way folks, Miratia is developing an extremely large rocket artillery/air defense platform that's pretty much a land-going battleship, designed to defend larger areas of Miratian territory from air and ground attack. This is necessary because of the fact that I have fewer than 15,000 soldiers trying to manage an area the size of Quebec.

ER... might I recommend you ... use an extensive bunker system instead?
But that's so boringly typical. :P

It's more relocateable than mobile, anyways. It would sit in place for years at a time and probably never be much more vulnerable than a shallow bunker. Built-in radar, point-defense, intermediate range anti-aircraft, anti-tank, and anti-personnel missiles, mine-deploying missiles, etc. With extended radar support, it could engage targets the instant they cross the border from the other end of the country.

Oh, and yes, it will be able to engage multiple targets simultaneously.

Of course, I suppose that might be better invested in a smaller MRL platform for the missiles rather than a land battleship.

Oh, are cluster bombs illegal by any international law here?
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Ryan Thunder wrote:
Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:

ER... might I recommend you ... use an extensive bunker system instead?
But that's so boringly typical. :P

It's more relocateable than mobile, anyways. It would sit in place for years at a time and probably never be much more vulnerable than a shallow bunker. Built-in radar, point-defense, intermediate range anti-aircraft, anti-tank, and anti-personnel missiles, mine-deploying missiles, etc. With extended radar support, it could engage targets the instant they cross the border.

Oh, are cluster bombs illegal by any international law here?
You don't build bunkers shallow, you build them deep and hidden. Plus, such a large monstrosity is going to be huge. You can only traverse flat ground and not rocky ground or else you might topple over.

For one thing you are putting way too many eggs in a single basket, and if an enemy were smart enough and pinpointed the location of the said "land battleship", all he really needs to do is saturate you with lots of SRBM or IRBMs, of which I operate lots of Iskanders for the job of doing such things. Mind you, the SS-25-Iskander allows for course corrections via datalink and has evasive algorithms. If all else fails, there's always the option of a proximity fused nuke. Granted these Land Battleships of yours are going to be bloody expensive to build, the destruction of one will leave a huge hole in your defence.

Cluster bombs aren't banned. No one, except for a few saner countries, will sign it.
Kreia
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

So Miratia is building Bolos now? Err, hokay... Do you perchance need any Hellbores developed? ;)

PS: Wasn't Japanistan developing a similar sort of outrageous ubertank, before Skimmer dropped out?

PPS: As a whole though, I agree with Fingolfin. This idea sounds ridiculously impractical...
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

SiegeTank wrote:So Miratia is building Bolos now? Err, hokay... Do you perchance need any Hellbores developed? ;)

PS: Wasn't Japanistan developing a similar sort of outrageous ubertank, before Skimmer dropped out?

PPS: As a whole though, I agree with Fingolfin. This idea sounds ridiculously impractical...
-Yes he probably does but I know with our particle physics research the MESS will beat anybody else to it by a decade

-Kinda...which is why we already have weaons to negate them

-Oh hell yeah its impractical so Ryan go for it :D

Total aside...the Caymans are a wholly owned subsidiary of Wilkonia and the IRT...time to remind everybody of that. I hope Karic can get out of there fast because the Airports are getting sealed soon and I've got the Pacific's largest naval headquartered a day or so steaming away and just itching to find a good speedboat for target practice :).
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

That "land battleship" idea is horrible. For a small country, the idea should be to scatter and conceal lots of highly mobile, autonomous advanced air defence platforms all over the place. Right now, it's one nuke explosion over it to fry its radar and your entire defence grid goes down :D

And no, Skimmer wasn't building an insane Bolo. His were 100+ tonne highly survivable urban assault tanks.

@ Wilkens (on the lunar landers):

Actually, Coyote isn't building lunar landers, he's building 112 tonne translunar shuttles. We'll probably move with something like that for space infrastructure:

Step 1: Automatic unmanned landers

Step 2: Small short-duration, low-capacity landers like the american LEM

Step 3: Large, long endurance landers (like the Altair or LK-700)

Step 4: Orbital space station

Step 5: Semi-permanent lunar habitats (perhaps several linked landers)

Step 6: Permanent outpost

Step 7: Industry!

The eagles would ferry passengers and cargo from the outpost/habitat to the space station, saving us costs on lifting the spaceship's superstructure to orbit every single time

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

PeZook wrote:That "land battleship" idea is horrible. For a small country, the idea should be to scatter and conceal lots of highly mobile, autonomous advanced air defence platforms all over the place. Right now, it's one nuke explosion over it to fry its radar and your entire defence grid goes down :D

And no, Skimmer wasn't building an insane Bolo. His were 100+ tonne highly survivable urban assault tanks.

Actually, Coyote isn't building lunar landers, he's building 112 tonne translunar shuttles. We'll probably move with something like that for space infrastructure:

The eagles would ferry passengers and cargo from the outpost/habitat to the space station, saving us costs on lifting the spaceship's superstructure to orbit every single time
That will take well over 30-40 years. Especially the last two bits.
Kreia
Karmic Knight
Jedi Master

Post by Karmic Knight »

PeZook wrote:That "land battleship" idea is horrible. For a small country, the idea should be to scatter and conceal lots of highly mobile, autonomous advanced air defence platforms all over the place. Right now, it's one nuke explosion over it to fry its radar and your entire defence grid goes down :D

Step 8: ???

Step 9: Profit!

Corrected that.

Also, I have a question about the flights, is there a reason you put the Communist and the Hypercapitalist in the same flight team?
This is an empty country and I am it's king, and I should not be allowed to touch anything.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Karmic Knight wrote:Corrected that.

Also, I have a question about the flights, is there a reason you put the Communist and the Hypercapitalist in the same flight team?
Hmm... *grabs pop corn and fits an inflight camera to watch. Makes sure there are baseball bats in the cabin...*
Kreia
Ryan Thunder
Village Idiot

Post by Ryan Thunder »

Well I haven't really announced it, so I'm going to pretend I was researching submersible helicopter assault carriers instead. Does anybody want to set up a deal building them?
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Ryan Thunder wrote:Well I haven't really announced it, so I'm going to pretend I was researching submersible helicopter assault carriers instead. Does anybody want to set up a deal building them?

You might want to search for a thread on submersible carriers. I hope you are in the HAB.
Kreia
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

Ryan Thunder wrote:Well I haven't really announced it, so I'm going to pretend I was researching submersible helicopter assault carriers instead. Does anybody want to set up a deal building them?

Why not just go all out and get Nuclear Powered Hydrofoil Battleships?
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev