Space STGOD planning.(2k9)

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Re: Space STGOD planning.(2k9)

Post by Dahak »

Darkevilme wrote:Maybe Maybe not Rogue. But out of the five people who can directly intervene in the situation / are adjacent to Llaeler three are in on it, one is gonna try and war profiteer and the last is a sinister robot intellect that's been worryingly quiet so far.
I think that's what makes it interesting. Unlike other STGODs, you cannot simply suddenly appear with your fleet in a problem hot-spot, since you have to transit the nodes. This eliminates the über-dog-piles such hot-spots usually attract.
Great Dolphin Conspiracy - Chatter box
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Okay, first, consider the antimatter reference retconned. We all know my ship was there and saw what it saw; if you're going to suddenly start specifying the type of device now, then it still saw what it saw.

Secondly, searching ships? Trade blockades? Jesus, if I didn't know better I'd think I was next on your list, what with you running down the list of ways to piss me off.

Oh wait. I don't know better at all. :razz:

And thirdly? Tables: Turned. 8)

Edit: Oh please, you show a sensor log that no one else can read and then promptly accuse someone else of gibberish? :lol:
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

Apparently the Empire is composed of assholes with sticks up their bum. Are you acting out fantasies Dahak? :wink:
A teenage girl is just a teenage boy who can get laid.
-GTO

We're not just doing this for money; we're doing this for a shitload of money!
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Dark Hellion wrote:Apparently the Empire is composed of assholes with sticks up their bum. Are you acting out fantasies Dahak? :wink:
No one said they have good diplomats :D
Their usual way of dealing with things is to kill the one making problems, they still are on the learning curve :P
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Well, they have diplomats that aren't prone to thinking before they speak, at any rate. :razz: We know full well the Sky Empire's attitude towards warfare; the fact that the ambassador is crying about the inhumanity of it all is evidence itself that you're in on it, because if you weren't you'd simply be unconcerned, though of course one can't say that to the UN. :lol:

Edit: Aaaaand the shit hits the fan.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

Okay. Just to check and be absolutely sure. Thirdfain...when you say Hajr vessesl taking up positions across Llaeler space...you mean all of it don't you? Not just Narmathar.
STGOD SDNW4 player. Chamarran Hierarchy Catgirls in space!
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Darkevilme wrote:Okay. Just to check and be absolutely sure. Thirdfain...when you say Hajr vessesl taking up positions across Llaeler space...you mean all of it don't you? Not just Narmathar.
I guess there's nothing like a good old surprise :D
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

Oh dear oh dear well we can't have Hajr on our doorstep. Won't do at all.
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Does the UN Council vote on stuff? Is it purely a forum for discussion and diplomacy or can it pass binding resolutions?
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

I imagine it could pass a resolution, which would then be roundly ignored by all and sundry, because there's no United States and Western Europe analogue to put muscle behind it.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Ohma
Jedi Knight

Post by Ohma »

Rogue 9 wrote:I imagine it could pass a resolution, which would then be roundly ignored by all and sundry, because there's no United States and Western Europe analogue to put muscle behind it.
By all and sundry I assume you mean the civs on the receiving end of it right? From what I can tell the majority of known space would probably support a resolution to say, send peacekeeping forces into Llaelar...save the people trying to conquer it. Granted, I'm sure it wouldn't take long until the multinational forces get orders from their own leaders to try something unscrupulous but eh, that's how it goes.
Oh, Mister Darcy! <3
We're ALL Devo!
GALE-Force: Guardians of Space!
"Rarr! Rargharghiss!" -Gorn
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Well I know I'm not playing that game; last time I had forces tied down in a peacekeeping role in an STGOD, they were set upon and destroyed unprovoked just because they were isolated. Not doing that again.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Committing to an armed intervention would be politically unacceptable for a lot of civilizations-mine included- but sanctions and blockades seem feasible. It would probably call for closer relations between the non-transparently-aggressive civilizations, but that's hardly a bad thing. A Space NATO to give the paper tiger that is the Space UN some teeth could be interesting.
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

What happens now? We'll just have to see, won't we?
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
Thirdfain
The Player of Games
Location: Never underestimate the staggering drawing power of the Garden State.

Post by Thirdfain »

It would probably call for closer relations between the non-transparently-aggressive civilizations, but that's hardly a bad thing. A Space NATO to give the paper tiger that is the Space UN some teeth could be interesting.
Actually, it would be the precise opposite of interesting. The last thing we need is a single political hegemon which institutes strategic paralysis through massive preponderance of force. Then this wouldn't really be an STGOD any more. At least now I get to fight tooth and nail to prevent such an occurance from happening...

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite.
John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - )
Thirdfain
The Player of Games
Location: Never underestimate the staggering drawing power of the Garden State.

Post by Thirdfain »

OH, and I'm holding off on posting further regarding physical action in Llaelarese space until I hear back from Nephtys.

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite.
John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - )
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

Sorry that I've been gone. Some RL things have occupied me of late, but I can be about. We've got a bit of a boil finally rising in the Llaelar situation, but please, if anyone wants to DO anything, just drop a PM and I'll respond about it. A big engagement I'll resolve if the two involved parties don't want to agree to a result themselves, etc.

I'll get everyone else's intel updates resolved today too.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Excellent.

Out of curiosity, was the intel assets division I sent you sufficient, or should I allocate points to various locales? I don't know quite how you want intel to work.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Hm, what about intel? Got points there, but dunno anything about "intel updates"?
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

Basically, let me clarify. If you have spent EXTRA points in Intel, you can get extra info. Makes sense, right? Intel is expensive (50-100 points is a pretty fairly good machine, above the free 'decent' intel agency everyone else gets)

You can tell me how many resources you want to allocate to spy on which neighbor, and what sort of info you particularly want (Political, military, economic, diplomatic, etc). That may come in handy if your opponent wants to launch some sort of special operation with their resources (such as theft, terrorism, subversion).

If you want to carry out some daring operation, write me up what you want to do and how many resources you want to do it with. It probably won't happen, or will take forever to get a result, but it may succeed or result in a lot of dead agents and an international incident. :)
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

So, what does everyone else think about the Kingdom's admission of guilt? It's difficult to plot in the absence of data...
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

Alrighty the game is slowing down for some reasons.
So I'm wondering why no one in the east has tried something what with all eyes and accusatory fingers pointing in the general direction of Llaeler. Comeon guys surely you want to achieve something now that the west may have a minor war looming to distract them?
Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

I am doing stuff. In a sneaky fashion.
-GTO

Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

The problem with being a passive and isolationist power that buys its own propaganda about being the Good Guys is that it's difficult to stir the pot, and there hasn't been enough external influence to bring down the house of cards just yet; meaning a significant regime change would look terribly contrived.
Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

Ok, this hasn't bumped in a few days, so I am assuming most people are busy with real life or something. I just want to say that I am holding for the next big thing to happen as I have done most everything my turn needs. So we really either need to end the turn or to have some people who are doing things do some pot stirring.
-GTO