AFTER: An action, sci-fi STGOD (OOC)

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Pulp Hero
Jedi Master

AFTER: An action, sci-fi STGOD (OOC)

Post by Pulp Hero »

BACKGROUND: In 2076 AD, despite or maybe because of growing turmoil and disease, Earth sent its first colony ship into space. The internationally crewed colony ship went the planet Delta C Minor. The crew of several thousand went into stasis on the 56 year journey.

The ship landed, the Delta C colony was established and against the odds on the wild Earth-like planet, it thrived. Now almost 50 years later, the Delta C colony has set up its first vessel capable of traveling back to the planet it left and establishing contact.

PLAY: You are a member of the crew that will return to Earth, make contact and discover why it has never sent a follow up mission.

STYLE: Action, sci-fi. Keep it in the realm of semi-serious storytelling. Sorry, no anime character ports.

START DATE: 21NOV08

Anybody?
I can never love you because I'm just thirty squirrels in a mansuit."

"Ah, good ol' Popeye. Punching ghosts until they explode."[/b]-Internet Webguy

"It was cut because an Army Ordnance panel determined that a weapon that kills an enemy soldier 10 times before he hits the ground was a waste of resources, so they scaled it back to only kill him 3 times."-Anon, on the cancellation of the Army's multi-kill vehicle.
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Re: AFTER: An action, sci-fi STGOD (OOC)

Post by Coyote »

So, one character per person, no super-powers, realistic tech for the established period (ie, no lightsabers)... hmm.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

I can dig it! I can be, totally, our Hudson man! GAME OVER!
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

I would be interested, but I don't have the time.

Two STGOD's is too much already, not to mention that Mafia thing.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

I think a Fallout STGOD would be better :)
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Hawkwings
Sith Devotee

Post by Hawkwings »

Sounds fun. I'm in.
Vendetta wrote:Richard Gatling was a pioneer in US national healthcare. On discovering that most soldiers during the American Civil War were dying of disease rather than gunshots, he turned his mind to, rather than providing better sanitary conditions and medical care for troops, creating a machine to make sure they got shot faster.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

So this is a RPG thing?
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

I'm in. I have time as long as the TAs stay on strike at my University.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Yeah, is it stgod or rpg?
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Pulp Hero
Jedi Master

Post by Pulp Hero »

For anyone interested, this has been getting a better reception at Sb.com, where I will be running it.
I can never love you because I'm just thirty squirrels in a mansuit."

"Ah, good ol' Popeye. Punching ghosts until they explode."[/b]-Internet Webguy

"It was cut because an Army Ordnance panel determined that a weapon that kills an enemy soldier 10 times before he hits the ground was a waste of resources, so they scaled it back to only kill him 3 times."-Anon, on the cancellation of the Army's multi-kill vehicle.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Pulp Hero wrote:For anyone interested, this has been getting a better reception at Sb.com, where I will be running it.
Spacebattles.com? Is it an RPG or not?
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Pulp Hero wrote:For anyone interested, this has been getting a better reception at Sb.com, where I will be running it.
Fuck. Space Battles banned me months ago for an offense I did not commit. Fuckers. :evil:
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.