SD.Net World Redux Comment Thread IV

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Re: SD.Net World Redux Comment Thread IV

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Shinn Langley Soryu wrote:
CmdrWilkens wrote:If you are looking for CAS then there is nothing better than the AC-130 :D

As an aside I do have A-10s right now and mid-range plans call for a complete overhaul of the WAS tactical aircraft component. If you want to get the second stage deliveries you can sign up now for the final product and probably not have to invest more than a few mil over the next couple of years until an actual marketable craft is up for inspection.

Obviously there are quite a few countries with F-22s and MiG-31s available for interceptors. If you are looking for heavy bombers then the B-1 is probably your best bet and its got a pretty decent sales base worldwide.
I already have two AC-130s in service right now, actually. Would new-build AC-130s be built from C-130J airframes, complete with digital cockpit and six-bladed props, or would they still use H-model airframes? Also, would they use dual 30mm Bushmaster IIs or the original GAU-12 Equalizer and Bofors L/60 combo?
These are new build from the J airframe thus the desgination of AC-130V. The "standard" package is the GAU-12, a Bofors L/70 instead of the L/60, and an M119A2 instead of the M102. Total cost including delivery is $200mil (AC-130U was 190)

Certain upgrades are available including the following options:
"Light": M119A2 removed, 2x Bushmaster II added ($195 mil)
"Heavy" GAU-12 removed, M119A2 replaced with M777 155mm howitzer ($202 mil)
"Medium" GAU-12 Removed, 1x Bushmaster II OR Bofor L/70 added ($198 and $197mil respectively)

"Heavy Plus" this is a -30 variant J fuselage where the GAU-12 is not removed but the M119A2 is still replaced with the M777 ($217mil)

For orders over 20 planes a volume discount could be negotiated.
As for the A-10s, I'm already using Su-25s, so they'd be a bit redundant. Also, who makes B-1s, and how much would they go for?
B-1C which is the current (and upgraded) version of the B-1B goes for between 250-300mil ea depending upon how tricked out the avionics and other packages are along with the order size. I know most of the MESS utilizes the plane but not in enough numbers to allow for more than maybe two manufacturers.
Finally, while I'm at it, I'll take you up on your previous offer for UH-60s and CH-53Ks. For now, 156 UH-60s of various types (48 SH-60 Seahawks, the rest regular Black Hawks) and 54 CH-53Ks (12 Sea Dragons, 42 Super Stallions) should do, plus some extra money to rebuild my existing E-model Super Stallions and Sea Dragons to K standard.
Lonestar wrote:The Old Dominion has Chesapeake Arms CA101s for a good Utility Helo, with variants for both the Army and Navy. AH-1Zs are also manufactured in the OD.
I'm not too keen on buying CA101s in large numbers, seeing as I'm already a major operator of the UH-60 and its derivatives. I'm definitely in need of AH-1Zs, though; how much do they cost per unit?
Delivery on the U/SH-60s should be over roughly a 2-3 year span for complete delivery from first production roll off. If there are any variant change requests (such as HH-60) let me know but otherwise I'm going with a flat $13.8mil ea.

The CH-53Ks should be complete on the 3 year mark with first roll off in a year. Unit price on them is a bit higher due to the low order numbers so it would wind up as roughly $45mil each fly away cost. Rebuild can take place either at the begining or the end. Likely it would be best accomplished by shipment to Baja then return to service swapping them out as the new -53s come out. As a note the E to K rebuild will not be to an absolute match due to the different space configurations but a general avionics, rotor and engine replacement and SLEP would be doable.

Also I operate the -1Z so I can throw you a volume discount for buying so much else from me and cut the price down to $9.6mil ea.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Shinn Langley Soryu wrote:Concerning the Typhoon Tranche IV, personally I don't see much of a difference between it and the modified F-16XLs I already have, save for the thrust vectoring and reduced range and payload compared to said F-16XLs. I'd rather just order more F-16XLs from Shroomania instead.
The Typhoon Tranche IV has conformal fuel tanks I might add. SO I think the range and payload is comparable. Electronics on the other hand, I believe I might supercede the F-16XL since it has everything new.
I was actually considering buying MiG-31s in the past; all I want to know is how much per plane and if the T model is compatible with NATO ordinance. I also have 48 slightly modified Su-25s in my inventory; how much would it cost to have them upgraded to Su-39 standard? In addition, how much would a new-build Su-39 cost?
The MiG-31T Byzantine configuration fires both NATO and CSR ordinance, owing to the fact that we operate both. However, newer CSR/Byzantine weapons offer greater range and better tracking and agility. I would peg them at 60-70 million I suppose. A newer variant is coming up with AESA replacing the massive PESA radar next year.

AS for the Su-39 (again, the Byzantine model uses western electronics), probably 35 million or so?
I'm going to hold off on choosing my heavy bomber replacement until I can get some more pricing info on the Tu-95 and Tu-22M's competitors, though I am in need of something to replace my CP-140 Auroras. How much does the Tu-142 cost?
I think Stas told me on the order of 40 million or so. I do recommend the Tu-22BM instead if you want high speed bombing runs. Tu-142 are mostly for naval patrol/ASW and assault.
As for the rest of the Russian stuff, what I'd be most interested in right now would be a NATO-compatible version of the MiG-27 as a replacement for my F-105Ks. However, I know that Tian Xia offers upgraded A-7s, so I'd like to see if Beowulf can come up with a competing offer first.
On one last note, I noticed in your order of battle that you have a few An-22s outfitted as gunships. I'm curious as to what kind of weapons configuration you have for them, as I've been toying with a similar idea for my own An-22s for some time.
Similar to the AC-130, but with CSR weapons. I'm not sure if I can still dig up the old post that Stas did... I can probably come up with a competing configuration (like light weight 155mm guns which I do operate)
Obviously there are quite a few countries with F-22s and MiG-31s available for interceptors. If you are looking for heavy bombers then the B-1 is probably your best bet and its got a pretty decent sales base worldwide.
The Tu-160BM model offers everything the B-1 can do and more. We revved up the model considerably for foreign export.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Karmic Knight wrote:
Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:Since Stas isn't really playing these days, I guess I will offer his Su-27 variants with AESA and modern electronics. The same applies for MiG-29. Helicopters, anything the Russians have. (Note that the variants I have are Westernised electronics)
About that, can you get me Carrier-Capable Su-27s? If so, how much?
I think Stas pegged them at 50 million I think.
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

I do think I may have gone in way, way over my head here, but I'll try to process all these replies...
Beowulf wrote:Attack: A-7L (engine of your choice: F100, F110, F119, F120) includes AESA radar. Semisubmerged hardpoints for AIM-120 missiles. Cheek hardpoints can be fitted for firing AIM-9/132 class missiles. 6 wing hardpoints rated 2.5klbs, 5000 lbs, and 5000lbs (per wing). A-7G derivative.

Interceptor: F-12L. Derivative of the R-1 Habu. M3.2+ capable. AESA radar.

Bomber: B-1L (notice a suffix scheme?). B-1C derivative with choice of engines: F110, F119, F120. AESA radar provides ground and air modes. External weapons carriage available. $350 million/aircraft

Attack Helicopter: AH-64D Longbow

Utility Helicopter: UH-60M

Marine Utility Helicopter: MH-60S

Maritime Attack: MH-60R

Cargo Helicopter: CH-53K - no rebuilds of E models. Changes in dimensions make it technically infeasible without costing almost as much as a new bird.
How much would an A-7L fitted with an F110 engine and cheek hardpoints in addition to all the regular goodies cost? Likewise, what's the unit price of the F-12L?

$350 million for each B-1L I buy? I'll think it over first; I don't want to sink into too much debt...

So, a rebuild of a CH-53E to K standard can't be done? I'll just have to fork over some more cash to outright replace all of my Es with Ks, then. Likewise, I'll have to replace all my old SH-60s with MH-60Rs and Ss.
CmdrWilkens wrote:
Shinn Langley Soryu wrote:I already have two AC-130s in service right now, actually. Would new-build AC-130s be built from C-130J airframes, complete with digital cockpit and six-bladed props, or would they still use H-model airframes? Also, would they use dual 30mm Bushmaster IIs or the original GAU-12 Equalizer and Bofors L/60 combo?
These are new build from the J airframe thus the desgination of AC-130V. The "standard" package is the GAU-12, a Bofors L/70 instead of the L/60, and an M119A2 instead of the M102. Total cost including delivery is $200mil (AC-130U was 190)

Certain upgrades are available including the following options:
"Light": M119A2 removed, 2x Bushmaster II added ($195 mil)
"Heavy" GAU-12 removed, M119A2 replaced with M777 155mm howitzer ($202 mil)
"Medium" GAU-12 Removed, 1x Bushmaster II OR Bofor L/70 added ($198 and $197mil respectively)

"Heavy Plus" this is a -30 variant J fuselage where the GAU-12 is not removed but the M119A2 is still replaced with the M777 ($217mil)

I probably won't be needing twenty AC-130Vs. Just four AC-130V Heavy Pluses should do for me to replace my old U-models. Also, you think you can throw in an additional four regular C-130J Super Hercules?
CmdrWilkens wrote:
As for the A-10s, I'm already using Su-25s, so they'd be a bit redundant. Also, who makes B-1s, and how much would they go for?
B-1C which is the current (and upgraded) version of the B-1B goes for between 250-300mil ea depending upon how tricked out the avionics and other packages are along with the order size. I know most of the MESS utilizes the plane but not in enough numbers to allow for more than maybe two manufacturers.
Well, Beowulf just offered me customized B-1s, so that question's already been answered.
CmdrWilkens wrote:
Finally, while I'm at it, I'll take you up on your previous offer for UH-60s and CH-53Ks. For now, 156 UH-60s of various types (48 SH-60 Seahawks, the rest regular Black Hawks) and 54 CH-53Ks (12 Sea Dragons, 42 Super Stallions) should do, plus some extra money to rebuild my existing E-model Super Stallions and Sea Dragons to K standard.
Lonestar wrote:The Old Dominion has Chesapeake Arms CA101s for a good Utility Helo, with variants for both the Army and Navy. AH-1Zs are also manufactured in the OD.
I'm not too keen on buying CA101s in large numbers, seeing as I'm already a major operator of the UH-60 and its derivatives. I'm definitely in need of AH-1Zs, though; how much do they cost per unit?
Delivery on the U/SH-60s should be over roughly a 2-3 year span for complete delivery from first production roll off. If there are any variant change requests (such as HH-60) let me know but otherwise I'm going with a flat $13.8mil ea.

The CH-53Ks should be complete on the 3 year mark with first roll off in a year. Unit price on them is a bit higher due to the low order numbers so it would wind up as roughly $45mil each fly away cost. Rebuild can take place either at the begining or the end. Likely it would be best accomplished by shipment to Baja then return to service swapping them out as the new -53s come out. As a note the E to K rebuild will not be to an absolute match due to the different space configurations but a general avionics, rotor and engine replacement and SLEP would be doable.

Also I operate the -1Z so I can throw you a volume discount for buying so much else from me and cut the price down to $9.6mil ea.
As mentioned earlier in this post, I think I'd be better off just replacing my Es with Ks, so the order number for the CH/MH-53Ks will be going up accordingly to 24 Sea Dragons and 84 Super Stallions. Likewise, I'll be upping my U/SH-60 order to 204 units (108 UH-60Ms, 72 MH-60Rs, and 24 MH-60Ss). How will the prices be adjusted?

Also, I think 48 AH-1Zs can be managed.
Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:The Typhoon Tranche IV has conformal fuel tanks I might add. SO I think the range and payload is comparable. Electronics on the other hand, I believe I might supercede the F-16XL since it has everything new.
How much per unit, then?
Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:The MiG-31T Byzantine configuration fires both NATO and CSR ordinance, owing to the fact that we operate both. However, newer CSR/Byzantine weapons offer greater range and better tracking and agility. I would peg them at 60-70 million I suppose. A newer variant is coming up with AESA replacing the massive PESA radar next year.

AS for the Su-39 (again, the Byzantine model uses western electronics), probably 35 million or so?
I'll have to wait until you get the AESA-equipped MiG-31Ts in production. Also, is that $35 million figure for the total upgrade cost of my existing Su-25s or the unit price for new-build Su-39s?
Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:I think Stas told me on the order of 40 million or so. I do recommend the Tu-22BM instead if you want high speed bombing runs. Tu-142 are mostly for naval patrol/ASW and assault.

The Tu-160BM model offers everything the B-1 can do and more. We revved up the model considerably for foreign export.
$40 million per Tu-142? Even with the way my pocketbook's being strained, I can probably afford a few. Also, what's the pricing on the Tu-22BM and Tu-160BM?
Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:Similar to the AC-130, but with CSR weapons. I'm not sure if I can still dig up the old post that Stas did... I can probably come up with a competing configuration (like light weight 155mm guns which I do operate)
Is this the post you're talking about? In any case, An-22 gunships would be EXCELLENT supplements for regular AC-130s, especially if they're using the configuration that Stas detailed in that post.

Whew. That was a lot. My final decisions will come at a later time.
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Stas had some sort of an ASAT capability, IIRC, and while I don't think the CSR will shoot at everything, judging by the last game he probably will be slightly miffed at spy satellites overflying him :P
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

CmdrWilkens wrote:*snip*

So if you spend $50mil to launch and they shoot 2 ASATs, 1 each, for $30mil who runs out of money first?
First off, I'm not nearly launching all my satellites with huge boosters; for the better part of the time I've been using Pershing-variant IRBMs instead. And I could use high-flying aircraft to launch footballs into orbit if need be, decreasing the cost even further.

Secondly, the point remains: by now the skies ought to be filled with LEO satellites, the majority of which would be used for weather analysis, geological surveys, communications, data routing, and other completely innocuous purposes. I know I've been making good money off such launches. Knowing that, do you really find it plausible that a nation is going to shoot at all birds passing over its airspace just because there could be a few spy satellites amongst them?
CmdrWilkens wrote:So yeah right now the folks who COULD shoot you down probably won't...probably.
Which is exactly what I'm aiming for. I could do sweet fuck-all about it if they did, so we're gambling on the fact that it's just empty bluster, or a way to reserve the right for future ASAT action.
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Shinn Langley Soryu wrote:How much per unit, then?
Say about 70million or 60 .. bah.. I'm not sure how best to peg the price. On the other hand, we might work out a trade in deal for those F-16XLs..
I'll have to wait until you get the AESA-equipped MiG-31Ts in production. Also, is that $35 million figure for the total upgrade cost of my existing Su-25s or the unit price for new-build Su-39s?
New build Su-39s. I guess I could do an upgrade program for the Su-25. As for the MiG-31Ts, the AESA ones are up for production from next year.
$40 million per Tu-142? Even with the way my pocketbook's being strained, I can probably afford a few. Also, what's the pricing on the Tu-22BM and Tu-160BM?
Tu-22BMs are priced 40. Note that they have been quite tweaked as in, better engines, better avionics, AESA radar for possible self-defence if you fit Anti-Air missiles on it and for terrain following, and a tweaked airframe for more efficient airflow at high speed (and possible supercruise at high altitude under certain warloads. Note that this applies to the Tu-160 that also got a big upgrade.). Tu-160 on the other hand, are 200-250million depending on the size of the production run. I'm still producing them, so it's near the bottom range. Note that my version allows you to fit weapons on the undercarriage, at the cost of speed due to increased drag.

Actually, my personal recommendation is to stick with Tu-22BMs. You don't need long ranged strike abilities, you need defence strike capabilities. Tu-160s and B-1s are great, but are expensive for a nation as large as yours.
Is this the post you're talking about? In any case, An-22 gunships would be EXCELLENT supplements for regular AC-130s, especially if they're using the configuration that Stas detailed in that post.
Yeah. I was thinking of upgrading the lot too. Ought to firm up my army aviation soon come to think of it.
Kreia
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

SiegeTank wrote: Secondly, the point remains: by now the skies ought to be filled with LEO satellites, the majority of which would be used for weather analysis, geological surveys, communications, data routing, and other completely innocuous purposes. I know I've been making good money off such launches. Knowing that, do you really find it plausible that a nation is going to shoot at all birds passing over its airspace just because there could be a few spy satellites amongst them?
Again, why is it so hard to shoot down just the keyholes? Any competent intelligence service would be able to compile a list of satellites and/or trajectories: it's just a matter of paying an assembly technician to tell you what they've loaded onto the rocket, and then tracking the launch.

Furthermore, you can tell a spy satellite from any other using a simple ground-based telescope.

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

PeZook wrote:
SiegeTank wrote: Secondly, the point remains: by now the skies ought to be filled with LEO satellites, the majority of which would be used for weather analysis, geological surveys, communications, data routing, and other completely innocuous purposes. I know I've been making good money off such launches. Knowing that, do you really find it plausible that a nation is going to shoot at all birds passing over its airspace just because there could be a few spy satellites amongst them?
Again, why is it so hard to shoot down just the keyholes? Any competent intelligence service would be able to compile a list of satellites and/or trajectories: it's just a matter of paying an assembly technician to tell you what they've loaded onto the rocket, and then tracking the launch.

Furthermore, you can tell a spy satellite from any other using a simple ground-based telescope.
Probably could detect any of them from my high power X-Band radar on those two command ships that simply looks at the sky from time to time...

Which reminds me, those static installations on the ground need some posting...
Kreia
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

PeZook wrote:Again, why is it so hard to shoot down just the keyholes? Any competent intelligence service would be able to compile a list of satellites and/or trajectories: it's just a matter of paying an assembly technician to tell you what they've loaded onto the rocket, and then tracking the launch.
First of all, let's get something straight here: I mainly used the name "Keyhole-11" because I really liked it, not because the satellite I've launched is exactly the same thing. It's a bit whimsical, I know, but frankly I don't even have the launch capacity to boost 10-ton satellites into orbit right now, so there.

Next, Camp Kittyhawk is the second-most heavily guarded military facility in San Dorado, which puts it fairly high up on the list of most heavily guarded facilities on the entire continent of Frequesue. And anyone who works with such sensitive stuff as spy satellites will be extensively screened and monitored by the CBI. Frankly getting your hands on payload data is not as easy as "just" paying off a single technician. San Dorado can be fairly corrupt, and we know it. Precautions are taken against such occurrences.
How do you tell reconnaissance satellites from meteorological, environmental and land survey satellites? After all it's not like you'd even know what any of my espionage satellites look like.

EDIT: Though, if it's really a tremendous problem that scary little San Dorado has the occasional satellite flying over other people's stuff, assume that those spy satellites are sitting in Molniya or Tundra-type orbits that allow them to spend the better part of their time above Frequesue. That's what I'm primarily interested in anyway - I couldn't care less about whatever is happening in Japanistan at this time.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

SiegeTank wrote: First of all, let's get something straight here: I mainly used the name "Keyhole-11" because I really liked it, not because the satellite I've launched is exactly the same thing. It's a bit whimsical, I know, but frankly I don't even have the launch capacity to boost 10-ton satellites into orbit right now, so there.
Any satellite with capabilities remotely approaching the KH-11 will look very similar, because of this pesky thing called "physics".
SiegeTank wrote:Next, Camp Kittyhawk is the second-most heavily guarded military facility in San Dorado, which puts it fairly high up on the list of most heavily guarded facilities on the entire continent of Frequesue. And anyone who works with such sensitive stuff as spy satellites will be extensively screened and monitored by the CBI. Frankly getting your hands on payload data is not as easy as "just" paying off a single technician. San Dorado can be fairly corrupt, and we know it. Precautions are taken against such occurrences.
Both the US and the USSR knew the timetables of each other's spy satellites. The sheer number of people working on something as complicated as launching a spy satellite (or any other one for that matter) means it's relatively easy to get this information from someone, even in a closed country like the USSR.
SiegeTank wrote:How do you tell reconnaissance satellites from meteorological, environmental and land survey satellites? After all it's not like you'd even know what any of my espionage satellites look like.
They'd look like space telescopes, because that's what they are. You could hide electronic reconeissance sats amongst other space junk, but not photo ones with capabilities of the KH-11 or similar.
SiegeTank wrote:EDIT: Though, if it's really a tremendous problem that scary little San Dorado has the occasional satellite flying over other people's stuff, assume that those spy satellites are sitting in Molniya or Tundra-type orbits that allow them to spend the better part of their time above Frequesue. That's what I'm primarily interested in anyway - I couldn't care less about whatever is happening in Japanistan at this time.
Tundra orbits are too high for any useful photo reconeissance satellites. And I think it's a problem if any country runs spy sats over your territorry, regardless of size. A Molniya-type orbit would work, though, and avoid most of the problems with irritating the CSR :D

Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

PeZook wrote:A Molniya-type orbit would work, though, and avoid most of the problems with irritating the CSR :D
Fair enough, I'll settle for that insofar as optic imaging is concerned.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Meh.... given that Stas is practically not playing... at least in the near future, I'd say us SNC should start launching our suite of satellites soon.
Kreia
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Shinn Langley Soryu wrote:I do think I may have gone in way, way over my head here, but I'll try to process all these replies...
CmdrWilkens wrote:"Heavy Plus" this is a -30 variant J fuselage where the GAU-12 is not removed but the M119A2 is still replaced with the M777 ($217mil)

I probably won't be needing twenty AC-130Vs. Just four AC-130V Heavy Pluses should do for me to replace my old U-models. Also, you think you can throw in an additional four regular C-130J Super Hercules?
So 4 Heavy Pluses at $217 fully equipped each including all delivery costs. The C-130J would roll off at $60mil each unless you want the -30 which adds another $4mil each. Total cost would be $$1.1Bn (I'll round down to save yo a few mil)

As mentioned earlier in this post, I think I'd be better off just replacing my Es with Ks, so the order number for the CH/MH-53Ks will be going up accordingly to 24 Sea Dragons and 84 Super Stallions. Likewise, I'll be upping my U/SH-60 order to 204 units (108 UH-60Ms, 72 MH-60Rs, and 24 MH-60Ss). How will the prices be adjusted?

Also, I think 48 AH-1Zs can be managed.
Upping the order total would drop the per unit on the U/SH-60s to $13.3 each. This is the fly-away cost including delivery. Without any SLEP project and revising the -53K number upwards would result in a per unit price of $42.5mil each. Total for all helo's, including the AH-1Zs would be $7.75Bn (again I'll round down since I'm going to save on delivery costs by being able to make fewer but larger shipments).

Also note that delivery times will now extend due to the increase in order size. I would estimate final delivery at the 5 year mark. This is with final delivery on all AH-1Zs by year 2, all U/SH-60s by Q2 Year 3 and all CH-53Ks by Year 5. AC and C-130 delivery would be at the end of year 2 or beginning of year 3. Your total cost for all orders would come in at $8.85Bn over seven years (initial deposit, five years of deposits as delivered, final settlement) for an average annual cost of $1.26Bn.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Shinn Langley Soryu wrote:How much would an A-7L fitted with an F110 engine and cheek hardpoints in addition to all the regular goodies cost? Likewise, what's the unit price of the F-12L?

$350 million for each B-1L I buy? I'll think it over first; I don't want to sink into too much debt...

So, a rebuild of a CH-53E to K standard can't be done? I'll just have to fork over some more cash to outright replace all of my Es with Ks, then. Likewise, I'll have to replace all my old SH-60s with MH-60Rs and Ss.
For the A-7L: Cheek hardpoints come standard, they just aren't fitted with rails unless necessary. Unit cost for them is $
$13 million, including spares, at small quantities, dropping to $11 at the 200 aircraft mark.

The F-12L is significantly more expensive. Cost is approximately $160 million per plane.

Rebuild from E to K can be done, but it'd be so expensive to as not be worth it. Amongst other things, the width of the airframe is different.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Just checking in to see what state this game is in. Now that my training is winding down and I'm going to start on shift work in a week, I should be able to jump in again if anything is happening. Any FTO members mind filling me in on what I've missed? :P
Coiler
Jedi Knight

Post by Coiler »

Raj Ahten wrote:Just checking in to see what state this game is in. Now that my training is winding down and I'm going to start on shift work in a week, I should be able to jump in again if anything is happening. Any FTO members mind filling me in on what I've missed? :P
Worldwide or Frequesue-central?

For the latter, Coilerburg experienced several coups that led to its first free election in quite some time. The nation formerly designated "Ford Prefect's Country" is now a PC nation run by Ryan Thunder. Now the Revolutionary Front in the CFR is being bombed and getting its ass kicked by the FTO.

That's the Readers Digest version, at least.
Visitor of five museum ships.
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:
Shinn Langley Soryu wrote:How much per unit, then?
Say about 70million or 60 .. bah.. I'm not sure how best to peg the price. On the other hand, we might work out a trade in deal for those F-16XLs..
Trade in my F-16XLs when I've used them for only a couple of years? I could probably trade in my regular F-16E/F Block 60s for Typhoon Tranche IVs instead, if that's even remotely acceptable; in all, that would be 64 aircraft.
Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:
New build Su-39s. I guess I could do an upgrade program for the Su-25. As for the MiG-31Ts, the AESA ones are up for production from next year.
How much would the Su-25 upgrade program cost, then? Remember, 48 total aircraft (32 single-seaters, 16 double-seaters), already modified to accept both NATO and WarPac ordinance but still largely using CSR-made electronics.
Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:
Tu-22BMs are priced 40. Note that they have been quite tweaked as in, better engines, better avionics, AESA radar for possible self-defence if you fit Anti-Air missiles on it and for terrain following, and a tweaked airframe for more efficient airflow at high speed (and possible supercruise at high altitude under certain warloads. Note that this applies to the Tu-160 that also got a big upgrade.). Tu-160 on the other hand, are 200-250million depending on the size of the production run. I'm still producing them, so it's near the bottom range. Note that my version allows you to fit weapons on the undercarriage, at the cost of speed due to increased drag.

Actually, my personal recommendation is to stick with Tu-22BMs. You don't need long ranged strike abilities, you need defence strike capabilities. Tu-160s and B-1s are great, but are expensive for a nation as large as yours.
Tu-160s and B-1s would be absolute murder on my budget, yes. I'll just have to stick with regular Tu-22BMs, then.

Also, what about the Tu-95/142? How much would they cost?

ImageImageImage
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

Raj Ahten wrote:Just checking in to see what state this game is in. Now that my training is winding down and I'm going to start on shift work in a week, I should be able to jump in again if anything is happening. Any FTO members mind filling me in on what I've missed? :P
We have nukes and suborbital fighters, thanks to San Dorado. Baerne has experienced naval expansion; we've got a carrier now, whic hI think may have occurred before you left; just making sure. Umm, there was a war between Astaria, Shepistan, and just about everyone else, leading to the destruction of the first two.
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Shinn Langley Soryu wrote:Trade in my F-16XLs when I've used them for only a couple of years? I could probably trade in my regular F-16E/F Block 60s for Typhoon Tranche IVs instead, if that's even remotely acceptable; in all, that would be 64 aircraft.
I could possibly charge half price or less for the Typhoon Tranche IVs if you trade those in.
How much would the Su-25 upgrade program cost, then? Remember, 48 total aircraft (32 single-seaters, 16 double-seaters), already modified to accept both NATO and WarPac ordinance but still largely using CSR-made electronics.
I guess.. 10 million an aircraft?
Tu-160s and B-1s would be absolute murder on my budget, yes. I'll just have to stick with regular Tu-22BMs, then.

40million an aircraft. Note again that Tu-95 is more an analogue to the B-52 (with slightly smaller bomb load). The Tu-95 can be configured to fire a suite of supersonic missiles of course.
Kreia
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

OOB updated to reflect armaments available as of Jan 1 2012 (which should be tomorrow unless I'm off again). I am also starting on working in my Homeland Defense Dept which consists of Civil Defense BNs and my IADS infrastructure.

-Kingdom of Heaven
Karmic Knight
Jedi Master

Post by Karmic Knight »

CmdrWilkens wrote:OOB updated to reflect armaments available as of Jan 1 2012 (which should be tomorrow unless I'm off again). I am also starting on working in my Homeland Defense Dept which consists of Civil Defense BNs and my IADS infrastructure.
No, you are right.
Well, the FTO now has 3, count 'em, 3 carriers, Tian Jiao died, and Beowulf is being nicer to us, Shroom is on hiatus, and we banned biological weapons, but the OD won't ratify the treaty.

edit:
The Commonwealth would like to host the BIOCOM Goddamn Fucking Continent Branch.
This is an empty country and I am it's king, and I should not be allowed to touch anything.
Ryan Thunder
Village Idiot

Post by Ryan Thunder »

To the rest of the FTO, to date, my factories have produced the following:
- One wing of Falcon multi-role fighters (4)
- One wing of Lightning-B attack planes (4)
- One Echelon strategic bomber
- One company of land battlecruisers (25)
- One flight of Tornado gunships (25)

The details of these weapons systems can be found in the building thread.

Currently under production or planned:
- Two additional wings of Falcon multi-role fighters (8)
- Four additional wings of Lightning bombers (16)
- Four additional Echelon strategic bombers
- Eleven additional companies of land battlecruisers (275)
- Eleven additional flights of Tornado gunships (275)
- Five Interceptor air defense squadrons (25)
Last edited by Ryan Thunder on 2008-12-14 11:28pm, edited 1 time in total.
SDN Worlds 5: Sanctum
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

Re: Pacific Confrence.

I have no problem with Wilkonia being there, and I'll be there too. I had also thought that it was agreed that I would host the next one (if not that's ok, I'll just get the one after next).

Edit:

And Alaska Sells B-58Ls (Think TBO style Hustlers).
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:
Shinn Langley Soryu wrote:Trade in my F-16XLs when I've used them for only a couple of years? I could probably trade in my regular F-16E/F Block 60s for Typhoon Tranche IVs instead, if that's even remotely acceptable; in all, that would be 64 aircraft.
I could possibly charge half price or less for the Typhoon Tranche IVs if you trade those in.
So, that'll be exactly $1.92 billion for 64 Typhoon Tranche IVs, going by your low-end estimate of $60 million for the full price of a single Typhoon. Sounds good enough.
Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:
I guess.. 10 million an aircraft?
$480 million to complete the upgrades for all of my aircraft, then? So be it.
Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:

40million an aircraft. Note again that Tu-95 is more an analogue to the B-52 (with slightly smaller bomb load). The Tu-95 can be configured to fire a suite of supersonic missiles of course.
I'll take...12 Tu-22BMs and 16 Tu-142s as a starting order; I can always buy more as I need them. If they all cost $40 million each, then that part of the bill should come to $1.12 billion.

I'll do some final number-crunching later to see what my total bill for Byzantium, Wilkonia, and Tian Xia comes to.

ImageImageImage