Wacky Super Team/Hero/Villain/Scientist/Robot/etc. STGOD?

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Ohma
Jedi Knight

Wacky Super Team/Hero/Villain/Scientist/Robot/etc. STGOD?

Post by Ohma »

How does an STGOD where we each create superheroes (or villains) or super teams to mess around with sound?

My very preliminary thoughts are that the setting would be a very generic "modern" Earth. Nothing really specific to any decade aside from mostly being a wacky pastiche of 50s-00s comics/tv/movies/books (with giant reel-to-reel computers sitting right alongside sleek superscience-y quantum brain laptops).

I think that players could create anything from a single, extremely powerful, superhero, to a large, shadowy and secret organization which relies on superior numbers to deal with super foes.

In game, things would proceed fairly similarly to regular STGODs. With the various heroes and super teams and organizations variously fighting their opposites on the villainous side and probably their potential allies (the whole secret identity and organization thing can rather work against you) same going for anyone on the villainous side.

So...does anyone think this has potential and/or have suggestions to improve it?
Oh, Mister Darcy! <3
We're ALL Devo!
GALE-Force: Guardians of Space!
"Rarr! Rargharghiss!" -Gorn
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Re: Wacky Super Team/Hero/Villain/Scientist/Robot/etc. STGOD?

Post by Dahak »

uhh... I think we had...two(?) of those in ancient times around here already?
Great Dolphin Conspiracy - Chatter box
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
Ohma
Jedi Knight

Post by Ohma »

Dahak wrote:uhh... I think we had...two(?) of those in ancient times around here already?
...oh...nevermind then... :oops:
Oh, Mister Darcy! <3
We're ALL Devo!
GALE-Force: Guardians of Space!
"Rarr! Rargharghiss!" -Gorn
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

And there've been how many STGODS set in space in the future? Why should simply having been done before be an obstacle if its a good idea?

As to weather this particular idea is good, no comment.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.