Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Re: Strategic Fantasy Crossover RPG

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

PeZook wrote:
DarthShady wrote: Also: Damn Pogorians always late for meetings. :P
Sorry, but I prefer to be able to pay my heating bill. It's winter now.

Pogorian winter! :P
Well, this will take forever...
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

I'm waiting for Karmic so what the hey.
Trivia. Before the whole 'lets ally with the lord of bad things' issue the Dominion assessment of the eastern alliance powers was thus in descending order of how friendly it seemed.

Crimea: Could probably of gotten along with them quite well, not that much could of come of it at this distance.
Despotate: Expansionistic but in the nice way where the rampant conquering is again happening at a safe distance. A friendly relationship could occur.
Tsardom: Expansionistic and filled with a somewhat aggressive ideology yet with a great love of knowledge, overral wary of them but some good things could of come from partial cooperation.
The kingdom of shadows: Ruled by the Lord of Bad Things Himself and worryingly close to us, conflict was deemed inevitable since we learned of its existence.
STGOD SDNW4 player. Chamarran Hierarchy Catgirls in space!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Darkevilme wrote:The kingdom of shadows: Ruled by the Lord of Bad Things Himself and worryingly close to us, conflict was deemed inevitable since we learned of its existence.
He can be kept on a tight leash, you know.
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:
Darkevilme wrote:The kingdom of shadows: Ruled by the Lord of Bad Things Himself and worryingly close to us, conflict was deemed inevitable since we learned of its existence.
He can be kept on a tight leash, you know.
Are you implying that I'm a dog? :P

Hmmm..."The Lord of Bad Things" has a nice ring to it though, it would make an awesome CT. :D

I love being the bad guy and watching you pesky do-godders squirm. :twisted:

:wink:

So guys, any ideas on what we will call our grand alliance? Something intimidating perhaps. :twisted:
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

DarthShady wrote:Are you implying that I'm a dog? :P
No... just that they seem to have an irrational fear of you, though I don't quite blame them....

The fact remains, just in case no one has noticed, it's going to be hard for any of us to get into a war at this stage what with no real military advantage.
Hmmm..."The Lord of Bad Things" has a nice ring to it though, it would make an awesome CT. :D

:wink:

So guys, any ideas on what we will call our grand alliance? Something intimidating perhaps. :twisted:
I'm not sure.. the United Eastern Powers?
Kreia
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:
DarthShady wrote:Are you implying that I'm a dog? :P
No... just that they seem to have an irrational fear of you, though I don't quite blame them....
It's not irrational. I'm a Demon Lord after all. :D
I'm not sure.. the Eastern Powers?
No...that's too ordinary. We need something awesome, that signifies power.(Intimidation is a valid tactic. :wink: )
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

DarthShady wrote: No...that's too ordinary. We need something awesome, that signifies power.(Intimidation is a valid tactic. :wink: )
Only against weaker foes. Against any possible opponent of the alliance, it will just reinforce their conviction that yes, they need to kill us right the fuck now.
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

DarthShady wrote:
And here's just where you're wrong. We're pragmatic, not good. There is no clear divide between good and evil here, only between you and us.

We oppose you because you have a clearly stated desire to kill us all, not because you're evil.
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Now Now, getting into a war won't do us any good. There's no solid military advantage, and it will end in a War of Attrition.

And no, I would like to entertain myself at least before the killing starts.

I am very pragmatic. Which is why I have Shady; he will keep you fellas off our backs while we consolidate in the East.

(Yes, I'm serious. Please no war at least until turn 20. I would like to at least declare my kingdom as the reborn Eastern Roman Empire)
Last edited by Fingolfin_Noldor on 2008-12-03 11:06am, edited 1 time in total.
Kreia
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

PeZook wrote:
DarthShady wrote: No...that's too ordinary. We need something awesome, that signifies power.(Intimidation is a valid tactic. :wink: )
Only against weaker foes. Against any possible opponent of the alliance, it will just reinforce their conviction that yes, they need to kill us right the fuck now.
You have a point there. Although a good name is necessary.

Also: Us :D
Master_Baerne wrote:
DarthShady wrote:
And here's just where you're wrong. We're pragmatic, not good. There is no clear divide between good and evil here, only between you and us.

We oppose you because you have a clearly stated desire to kill us all, not because you're evil.
But...I want to kill you because I'm evil. :mrgreen:

Seriously: I won't start a war with anybody, yet. I have allies now, and their opinions matter.
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

20 years? and there was me worried i was going to come under attack before the awakening completes.
Though if that's the case i'll reassign 5th army to the expansion so i dont fall too far behind.
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

Well, I think this calls for a celebration. Western Powers, drinks at Karmic Knight's place?

We really ought to get this conference started.
Conversion Table:

Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Aw...Man. 20 years!?!?

Do you really think that I can suppress my blood lust for that long?

I guess there's always Barbarians and unaligned nations to slaughter. :twisted:
Akhlut
Sith Devotee

Post by Akhlut »

Since this shindig is being held at my place, why not the Chesonesos Pact? :wink:

The Federation of United Countries, or FUC for short?

Countries United against National Trespassers?

Sovereigns Holding It Together?

Or, more seriously, the Steel Pact?
SDNet: Unbelievable levels of pedantry that you can't find anywhere else on the Internet!
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Steel Pact sounds pretty damn good to me :)

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

DarthShady wrote:Aw...Man. 20 years!?!?

And on that note, allow me to mention that the Grand Alliance has an all-comers-accepted policy.
Conversion Table:

PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Master_Baerne wrote: And on that note, allow me to mention that the Grand Alliance has an all-comers-accepted policy.
It does? Hmm...

*plots*
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

DarthShady wrote:Aw...Man. 20 years!?!?

You have lots of provinces to go consume in the Balkans. What are you grumbling about? I'm trying to forge a mega empire into the East over here, mind you.
Kreia
Karmic Knight
Jedi Master

Post by Karmic Knight »

Darkevilme wrote:Trivia. Before the whole 'lets ally with the lord of bad things' issue the Dominion assessment of the eastern alliance powers was thus in descending order of how friendly it seemed.
I disagree, the gravest threat is not the Lord of all Bad Things, it is in the Red Czordom and their insidious plots to rule the high seas by using Nimitz Carriers. (slight sarcasm, though the whole ‘guns! industrial revolution! 1700s technology!’ thing still kind of irks me)
DarthShady wrote: So guys, any ideas on what we will call our grand alliance? Something intimidating perhaps. :twisted:
Might I recommend the Black Sea Alliance?
Master_Baerne wrote:And here's just where you're wrong. We're pragmatic, not good. There is no clear divide between good and evil here, only between you and us.
I like that we have to be good because we are fighting the guy whose major policy decision is to decide to kill everyone.
Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:Now Now, getting into a war won't do us any good. There's no solid military advantage, and it will end in a War of Attrition.

And no, I would like to entertain myself at least before the killing starts.

I am very pragmatic. Which is why I have Shady; he will keep you fellas off our backs while we consolidate in the East.

(Yes, I'm serious. Please no war at least until turn 20. I would like to at least declare my kingdom as the reborn Eastern Roman Empire)
We can work out some sort of Nonaggression Pact for the allotted years, so we can get our fun in.
DarthShady wrote:Also: Us :D
I know, our Switzerland is a little bias, apparently.
Master_Baerne wrote:Well, I think this calls for a celebration. Western Powers, drinks at Karmic Knight's place?

We really ought to get this conference started.
I’m sort of waiting for Gurren-Britannia to say Aye or Nay to joining the Grand Alliance (Aka NSTO, aka The West) in the conference.
DarthShady wrote:I guess there's always Barbarians and unaligned nations to slaughter. :twisted:
Might I recommend a scramble for Africa?
Master_Baerne wrote:And on that note, allow me to mention that the Grand Alliance has an all-comers-accepted policy.
I did send invitations to Italy, Carthage, and Scandinavia.
PeZook wrote:*plots*
I don’t entirely trust this Pogoria being at the EViL, ViLE, MONOLiTHiC, EAST’S SHiNDiG
This is an empty country and I am it's king, and I should not be allowed to touch anything.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Setzer hasn't so much as logged in for the last month or so. Probably either the ship he is on has no internet access etc. Supposedly I wanted to work something out with him, but yeah...

As for nonaggression pact, I'm open to one but likely by the time we get down to decide anything, it'd be some.. a month or so from now.
Kreia
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

Karmic Knight wrote:Might I recommend a scramble for Africa?
Egypt frowns on your recommendation. 'Sides, here be Giant Sandworms :).
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

If we want action, we could allways fall back on an idea which i proposed a while back for an certain NPC Power...

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Zor wrote:If we want action, we could allways fall back on an idea which i proposed a while back for an certain NPC Power...
Zor

Ya know.. it's actually a good idea to distract ourselves from the potential pissing contest.

But.. you are quite in the firing line if they do come.
Kreia
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

I for one support the idea of the East being beaten on by the Far East.

And Karmic, if the Zor's carriers bother ya that much you can always start breeding some vicious giant aquatic beasties that eat carriers.
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote: You have lots of provinces to go consume in the Balkans. What are you grumbling about? I'm trying to forge a mega empire into the East over here, mind you.
Yes, and I'll get started on that right now--plus a small surprise.

As for the conference, consider that it's now in Unreal Time Tm.
Might I recommend the Black Sea Alliance?
I was thinking maybe something like the Legion, but that could work too.
I know, our Switzerland is a little bias, apparently.
:D
SiegeTank wrote:
Karmic Knight wrote:Might I recommend a scramble for Africa?
Egypt frowns on your recommendation. 'Sides, here be Giant Sandworms :).
Nah, I'll let Siege play alone in his sandbox. I'll just go cut a bloody path across the Balkans, and see where to go from there. :D
Zor wrote:If we want action, we could allways fall back on an idea which i proposed a while back for an certain NPC Power...

Zor
As much as I would enjoy slaughtering these NPC bastards, I don't want to waste troops fighting them. So, No.

Unless we can have a race of fish people attack from the west. :D

EDIT: Could someone provide a link to the new map, I lost mine.