SD.Net World Redux Comment Thread III

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Re: SD.Net World Redux Comment Thread III

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Mmmm... need any help with Arabia? :)

Sure, you can own it, but can I make monies out of it also?
Foreign Investors welcomed. Come set up shop! This is a place for trade. A modern bazaar! With trade convention centers and everything! I'm being liberal with the bidding process for the managing of the port, airport etc. as well, though if you tie up with a local conglomerate, that might be looked upon favorably. :D
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Perfectly fine, jolly old chap!

Oh shit...

Petrol... Oil... Black Gold...

GASOLINE!!!

ARABYZSHROOMCO!

The Arab-Byzantine-Shroomanian Oil Company!
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Perfectly fine, jolly old chap!

Oh shit...

Petrol... Oil... Black Gold...

GASOLINE!!!

ARABYZSHROOMCO!

The Arab-Byzantine-Shroomanian Oil Company!
Byzantine Oil would be perfectly fine with such a merger. Helps them expand the business as well. Do note that the Syrians and Egyptians do get a tithe of the revenues though.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Lonestar wrote:And here I was setting up for a Landgrab of EAST Shepistan, looks like I got the whole Continent!(eventually)

MWAHAHAAHAHAHA!

*Colonel Jones prepares expedition for Shepistani Ruins* :)
Now that there are no more worries about stationing MESS forces in the Old Dominion, how about some of your buddies send bombers and shit over so we can napalm the fuck out of the former Shepistan? Or do whatever else we need to do to make it semi-inhabitable again.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

None of you can confirm it was the CSR that fired the second wave of bioweapons at Shepistan. After all, Astaria has similar - if not identical - Russian-spec weaponry.
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Lonestar wrote:
Stas Bush wrote:The fun part would be helping the Old Dominion to machinegun Shepistani refugees. The mere thought about it is satisfying.

And here I was setting up for a Landgrab of EAST Shepistan, looks like I got the whole Continent!(eventually)

MWAHAHAAHAHAHA!

*Colonel Jones prepares expedition for Shepistani Ruins* :)
Minor note for the sake of timeline consistency we should probably allow for at least a year in-game before anybody would send an expedition over the border without very expensive full decon.

Also while Shep may have left the game (maybe he can die in the attack) the country as a whole likely would be incredibly restless under any kind of MESS government. I'm proposing this here in the open to get a few general ideas but I'd like to start a conference (probably bring the IRT and some Old Continent powers in) to legitimize a temproary occupation force akin to the Allied occupation of Germany. let the Shepistani's get back on their feet, establish a new government and then let them run as an NPC until such time as somebody who has the relevant prerequisites wants to join the game in which case they can take over.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Bluewolf wrote:I would like to have some parts of the ruined Shepstani, Shepistan, Shepishit, whatever maybe like an outpost.
Your troops and citizens will not set a FOOT on the Continent of Shepland.

Under the original "Donation of Romanos III Diogenes", which granted the Continent of Shepland to the Stewardship of the Crusading Orders of the Sovereign Order of the Soldiers of the Patrimony of Our Lord, and The Sovereign Military Order of the Brother-Soldiers of Saint Augustine, I declared the entirety of Shepland to belong to the Old Dominion and Augustine.

I'm at work, and will be heading out to do some stuff this eveniing, so i don't have time to hammer out an exact story post. You can expect that the ODN and ODAAF will interdict any unauthorized visitors.

Greg, I plan on installing Al-Garner as the puppet king for the OD.

Basically, I want the security that being the owenr of the entire continent entails.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

I wonder if we can do something similar to Astaria... we totally should!

Bluewolf, you can have the honors! And the decontamination gear...
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Norseman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Norseman »

BTW I'm considering returning to the game if there would be a functional country to return TO. Stas what kind of losses would I be looking at? Given the inherent weaknesses of Shep's attack? I think that Steve's 35% is a bit much if Q sends a cure, but millions isn't a problem.

I have some ideas that could alleviate some of the damage too... some nasty ideas, but perfectly feasible in game...
Norseman's Fics the SD archive of my fics.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

No, you quit.

Deal with it. No welchers.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

If I may.... wouldn't it just be better for the game if the whole thing is retconned? Have it where the Shepistani Intel organization overthrew General Sheppard before the attacks could be launched. Shepistan becomes an NPC under a new generalissimo backed by the intel people. Maybe a short civil war because Shep's loyalists in the Republican Guard attempt to stop the coup but fail.

No bio-attacks, Astaria is reduced to NPC status as a Sirnoth/FUN protectorate, you can all go on with business as usual.

And most importantly.... PeZook can have the kittens survive! :)
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Bluewolf
Dishonest Fucktard

Post by Bluewolf »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:I wonder if we can do something similar to Astaria... we totally should!

Exellent, I wll post later on it (is now finishing his novel prep. For details sake so I do not bugger this up, how would to decontaminate it and is it still under a zombie menace.
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

I think its too far for a retcon. Moreover in an out of game nature we have all now hacked our way through a ton of shit with bio weapons but in-game if we retcon the whole thing there will be no massive push for bio-weapons treaties.

Right now I'm going to state that in my opinion we should proceed under the set of events which have occured:

- Astaria is hit with massive bio-weapons attack
- Astaria hits back at Shepistan (with collateral damage in the OD and nearby minor nations)
- A cure is discovered for most of the agents and Cascadia spearheads an effort to decon the nation
- Shepistan launches a second bio-weapons attack on Astaria
- Massive CSR counter-strike on Shepistan
- Shepistan laucnhes last-ditch MRBM/ICBM attack which is largely struck down by the multiple ABM systems in place worldwide
- Cascadian formed cures are distributed to infected nations from both Shepistani strikes (and OD citizens hit by the Astarian desperation0 strike
- Wilkonia hunts down 2 of the super-subs sent to end the world 1 year later, one surfaces and surrenders to canissia, and one surfaces and surrenders to Byzantine/Shroomian forces. All are now accounted for.
- Internal power struggles in Imperial Japanistan leave the nation without an international prescence lending no objection to Byzantine moves to secure Arabia as, essentially, a protectorate.
- The Old Dominion declares all of Shepland under its control subject until such time as civil authority can be re-convenned in the devestated areas of the continent, Wilkonia offers to form an international co-alition to assist with this process
- Astaria proper suffers losses of 20-25% of its pre-war population, Shepistan between 25-35%, East Shepistan 40%+ (and still rising), the Kanawaha (sp?) tribal region 30% (already lower standard of living means short incubation infections are harder to have hit everywhere), The Old Dominion ~5%, all other nations will suffer one or two in the next few months just from citizens abroad and those hit with the few missiles making it through will suffer several thousand but not even a tenth of a percent.
- General Sheppard is dead either of coup or from infection

Aside to Lonestar: I have no obejction to the OD being the clear power in charge of the continent but I think an obvious puppet government is likley to cause issues and an interntional occupation leading to a new civilian government that still is defferential to the OD should be possible. At the very least any joint occupation force would likely dismantle Shep's strategic forces which would assue the OD of military superiority on the continent while the destruction of the populace will cripple Shepistan's commercial prospects making the OD a clear power on that topic.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Norseman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Norseman »

Bluewolf wrote:
Shroom Man 777 wrote:I wonder if we can do something similar to Astaria... we totally should!

Exellent, I wll post later on it (is now finishing his novel prep. For details sake so I do not bugger this up, how would to decontaminate it and is it still under a zombie menace.
Few quick points:

1. I agree with CmdrWilkens analysis of the situation. That's roughly 18.5 million dead Astarians, out of a population of roughly 77 million, all things considered roughly half to two thirds of the dead would be former slaves.

2. There's still South Velaria, untouched with 35 million men. Given the disparity in wealth a lot of the free non-citizens there could be persuaded to come to Astaria.

3. Astaria comes under the authority of Sirnoth and FUN I would think.

4. And given everything that's happened Astaria is going to be very keen on not pissing anyone off. The country is fucked up in so many ways that they desperately need FUN. Full emancipation of former slaves would come fairly quickly if there is any pressure to do so.

5. One good thing is that most of Astaria's infrastructure would still be fairly intact.

All IMHO of course.
Bluewolf
Dishonest Fucktard

Post by Bluewolf »

I am not going to carve it up into my own personal Empire but I am going to protect the most damaged areas of the country and try and repair and decontaminate when needed. Its a protection force, not an occupation force.
Karmic Knight
Jedi Master

Post by Karmic Knight »

I would help with an allied occupation of Astaria, considering I wasn't able to help with diverting shep the first time.
This is an empty country and I am it's king, and I should not be allowed to touch anything.
Bluewolf
Dishonest Fucktard

Post by Bluewolf »

Why not build a task force here then with a certain part of the hit Astaria under the control of one of our nations. We would be like protectors and it would allow us to focus. We would have open military acess and sharing of aid. :)
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

What of South Velaria? Japanistan basically just invaded them. I imagine that with the government shakeup they're going through now, the FUN might be able to pressure them to get out of South Velaria and return it as a FUN administered zone.

Just a thought though.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Norseman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Norseman »

I don't think it'd be necessary to occupy Astaria, send help yes, have inspectors make sure that they behave properly sure, but outright occupation? I don't think that's called for, and if there were to be an occupation it should / would be FUN / Sirnoth forces.

Also Japanistan wouldn't be able to just take over South Velaria; There are over 350 000 troops there, and the last couple of years have been spent working on some fairly hefty defences in the border against Japanistan. Given that Skimmer has withdrawn that part at least should be retconned out.
Bluewolf
Dishonest Fucktard

Post by Bluewolf »

Again its not occupation, I am not overthrowing the Astarian goverment, just protecting it with my own forces and sending it massive amounts of aid.
Norseman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Norseman »

Bluewolf wrote:Again its not occupation, I am not overthrowing the Astarian goverment, just protecting it with my own forces and sending it massive amounts of aid.
Mkhay then, to be hones the place you ought to send troops is South Velaria, and once more there's no way Japanistan could just overrun the place. They'd need several hundred thousand troops to make headway there. Basically the entire border for a hundred miles is ... well... bad roads, good railways but designed to be destroyed etc... I wrote up a whole defensive plan and showed Marina while she was still moderator.
Bluewolf
Dishonest Fucktard

Post by Bluewolf »

Why not send troops over to both?
Norseman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Norseman »

Bluewolf wrote:Why not send troops over to both?
Point.

BTW the main reason I quit was Shep being a prick... :-/ If there's no Shepistan I'm tempted to see if I can pick up the pieces and keep playing. At the very least I'll give some pointers to people who want to portray Astaria :)
Bluewolf
Dishonest Fucktard

Post by Bluewolf »

Ok I will form an army list here and post it. I want to know who is with me on this. Again I am not trying to invade, just protect and use as base station at most, helping Asteria get back on her feet.
Karmic Knight
Jedi Master

Post by Karmic Knight »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:Skimmer quit the game. What's to stop me?
All of Skimmer's kit.
This is an empty country and I am it's king, and I should not be allowed to touch anything.