Jumping forward to the end of the war. (SDNWORLD).

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Jump forward?

Poll ended at 2008-09-26 12:02pm

Fuck no, we need more collaborative Clancy novels.
38%
Hell yes, I hate Shep.
63%

Total votes: 24

The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

Sea Skimmer wrote:Japanistan would enter the war if the MESS began a ground invasion, which would be an instant chemical/bio death fest. It would just be too much of a threat and opportunity in one to continue to stand by and become isolated.
Are you absolutely committed to that course of action?
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Yup, but if that’s what happens then I doubt Ill continue to participate. I cannot stand the amount of BS over everything. The MESS uses JDAMs on pinpoint targets from SR-71s, which is just totally fucking impossible because theirs no GPS and no way JDAM can stand up to mach 3 release, and we don’t bitch about it, and then anything Shep does sparks five pages of ranting.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Since you are committed to that course of action, the war with Shepistan ends in biological warfare killing most of the world's population, and the game is thus over.

I'm quitting as moderator based on that fact; if some people want to continue, they can go ahead by themselves as they see fit.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

God damn well that sucks if it ends like that. I'll chalk the prolems of this game up to people having different expectations of what the game was about and people bitching at one another about what certain weapon systems could do or not. Guess we should have gone with World War II tech; then at least the tech bitching might have been less.

Edit: Must we really end it just because there is a war? This war was coming from the beginning of the game!
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

I can't believe I didn't see this thread until now. :banghead:

The only thing I can say is NOOOOOO!

Fuck.
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

Well, We can always just say that only massed gas warfare took place; no biologicals.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Canissia and Japanistan wiped each other out in a brief, bloody and violent war leaving virtually no survivors; everyone else can continue as they please.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Czechmate
Jedi Knight

Post by Czechmate »

You've still got it wrong. Let's remove Shep and Skimmer and let everyone else go on. No reason for someone decent to quit the game instead of one of these retards.
tiny friendly crab.
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

We'll see how things go... Shep is negotiating with Lonestar, after all... hmmm..
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

I second this, i don't want to see SD.net's World MK-2 End like this less than two years in.

Although i am all in favour of having Shep meeting his end here Vindicare Assasin Style.

Zor
Last edited by Zor on 2008-09-19 11:51pm, edited 1 time in total.
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Karmic Knight
Jedi Master

Post by Karmic Knight »

Zor wrote:I second this, i don't want to see SD.net's World MK-2 End like this less than two years in.

Zor
Seriously, we aren't done yet.

Let's see what the Mess' modern treaty of versailles does.
This is an empty country and I am it's king, and I should not be allowed to touch anything.
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

Though Lonestar says that it'll be figured out as it'll be figured out, here's a rough proposal I made, posted here for everyone else's consideration:
- Army limited to no more than 150,000 active-duty personnel with no more than two tank divisions and two airmobile divisions; no airborne units allowed
- Gendarmerie limited to no more than 75,000 personnel and not allowed to have any hardware larger or more heavily armed than armored cars, small patrol boats, or basic utility helicopters
- Air force limited to no more than six wings of interceptors, with each wing having eight twelve-plane squadrons for a total of 576 interceptors, and no more than two wings each of tactical and strategic transports; no strategic bombers allowed
- Navy limited to no more than six cruisers of maximum 10,000 tons displacement and no more than twelve SSKs; no SSNs allowed; no limit on destroyers or smaller surface craft; only aircraft allowed are helicopters and prop-driven maritime patrol craft
Any loopholes that need closing? Anything else bad about it?
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Believe me, as a student of History myself, and an avid reader of the World Wars, I would be eager to avoid a "Versailles" situation where the defeated country was pushed into a corner. That was why I put in the 'no reparations or sanctions' part, and alluded to a sort of Marshall Plan type wrap-up.

It can be negotiated, for sure.

Czechmate
Jedi Knight

Post by Czechmate »

Shepistan should be partitioned into East and West Shepistan. the industrial heartland near the border zone will be MESS-occupied East Shepistan, and the rump will be the largely agrarian West Shepistan. Marshall Plan, yo. >:3
Last edited by Czechmate on 2008-09-20 01:41am, edited 1 time in total.
tiny friendly crab.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

I voted for "Hell yes, I hate Shep". :)
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

If Marina resigns, I propose saving the SDN 2 and setting up a Mod Council.

I don't want the game to die because of some stupid war.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Czechmate
Jedi Knight

Post by Czechmate »

a Mod Council? of whom? a group of players, probably cooperating, who will simply abuse their positions?

no thanks.
tiny friendly crab.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

You can count on me to be awesome.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

a group of players, probably cooperating, who will simply abuse their positions?
Yeah right, because general players don't abuse their positions to the extent that they crash the game in a month after it started and force our only impartial non-playing Mod to resign?

That's the kind of "positions" you're talking about Czech?

Hell, I can re-sign the CSR to Shady as a nation if "impartiality" is required, I just can't believe that you people don't see how general player actions almost destroyed the game.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Ignore Czech, Stas. He's just seizing an opportunity to get a new game started where he can convince people to make Principality the lowest country rank because he hates being a Duchy and knows he won't be anything but a Duchy for awhile.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

If you can work out a way to save the game on your own, I will return as moderator. But my job is to resolve disputes, and the moment people start deciding, like Skimmer, to pick up their toys and leave, my role is finished, that's why I posted the resignation.

Norseman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Norseman »

I'm so busy that I'm half tempted to resign myself once the crisis with Pezookia is resolved.
Norseman's Fics the SD archive of my fics.
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

The Duchess of Zeon wrote:If you can work out a way to save the game on your own, I will return as moderator. But my job is to resolve disputes, and the moment people start deciding, like Skimmer, to pick up their toys and leave, my role is finished, that's why I posted the resignation.
You know I appreciate the time you volunteered, but I am not going to listen to people trying to blame me for any damn piece of this. I am not just going to sit around while the MESS does whatever it pleases because people will get angry if someone dares to fight back effectively. This is not a reasonable way to play the game and simply ensures that no matter the planning that goes into anything it will just end up undone if people complain enough. I am also not going to waste time role-playing a damaged nation, because I damn well already know from the last game that other people will then just act as if they took almost no damage or even economic losses at all in the process.

I suggest ending things like this, air superiority is established over Shepistan, but Shepistan ground troops deploy nerve gas land mines as a line of death, and MESS political leadership decides not to cross. The disputed islands become truly demilitarized by both sides, and Shepistan is forced to spent about two years rebuilding air raid damage with heavy Japanistani aid. Lastly, people fucking LEARN NOT TO TAKE A SOVEREIGN STATES LAND. That causes wars, end of story. If you want to do it, go pick on an NPC nation, or join the great land grab I was trying to spark.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

Sea Skimmer wrote:I suggest ending things like this, air superiority is established over Shepistan, but Shepistan ground troops deploy nerve gas land mines as a line of death, and MESS political leadership decides not to cross. The disputed islands become truly demilitarized by both sides, and Shepistan is forced to spent about two years rebuilding air raid damage with heavy Japanistani aid. Lastly, people fucking LEARN NOT TO TAKE A SOVEREIGN STATES LAND. That causes wars, end of story. If you want to do it, go pick on an NPC nation, or join the great land grab I was trying to spark.
That sounds like a perfectly sensible solution to me. All belligerents suffer damage and will be forced to rebuild, a few economies are ruined, and more importantly the game goes on. I mean, come on - I can understand ending the game when nukes have rained down all over the planet, but this war isn't End of the World material. A few carriers got sunk, and a bunch of bombers were shot down. Big deal...
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Sea Skimmer wrote:
The Duchess of Zeon wrote:If you can work out a way to save the game on your own, I will return as moderator. But my job is to resolve disputes, and the moment people start deciding, like Skimmer, to pick up their toys and leave, my role is finished, that's why I posted the resignation.
You know I appreciate the time you volunteered, but I am not going to listen to people trying to blame me for any damn piece of this. I am not just going to sit around while the MESS does whatever it pleases because people will get angry if someone dares to fight back effectively. This is not a reasonable way to play the game and simply ensures that no matter the planning that goes into anything it will just end up undone if people complain enough. I am also not going to waste time role-playing a damaged nation, because I damn well already know from the last game that other people will then just act as if they took almost no damage or even economic losses at all in the process.

I suggest ending things like this, air superiority is established over Shepistan, but Shepistan ground troops deploy nerve gas land mines as a line of death, and MESS political leadership decides not to cross. The disputed islands become truly demilitarized by both sides, and Shepistan is forced to spent about two years rebuilding air raid damage with heavy Japanistani aid. Lastly, people fucking LEARN NOT TO TAKE A SOVEREIGN STATES LAND. That causes wars, end of story. If you want to do it, go pick on an NPC nation, or join the great land grab I was trying to spark.
I apologize. You're right, the MESS as a unified clique is fucking up the game beyond description, especially with their private planning threads. That said, the response being "I release bio-weapons and everyone dies" sure as hell wasn't encouraging, fair enough?