Let's all be evil overlords!

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

I'd say that moderation is preferable to hard caps in most cases. That way RP developments can keep pace with faction stats and vice versa.
Academia Nut
Sith Devotee

Post by Academia Nut »

Well, actually I was thinking that we should start with some hard caps, but they can be raised if a mod throws a challenge with a higher cap at you. So we can start small, but as bigger and bigger things are put in the path of players, they can start getting bigger and bigger toys to counter them. So maybe to start with all minions are 10 points or less (or whatever) but then a mod throws a bunch of 20 point golems at you or something, so once you defeat them your minion cap is raised. The set up for this game certainly should allow a lot of looseness with the rules as a certain amount of cheating is to be encouraged. So long as you can get away with it :P
I love learning. Teach me. I will listen.
You know, if Christian dogma included a ten-foot tall Jesus walking around in battle armor and smashing retarded cultists with a gaint mace, I might just convert - Noble Ire on Jesus smashing Scientologists
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

As always one way to test the rules for creating these things is to create something with it. Thusly i present.

Random example OOB 100 villain points, 1000 overlord points
Baron Von evil genius

1 Baron
-30 base points
-6 immunity points (resist level 3 attacks)
-4 ranged attack points
-60 level 6 leadership

Lead by baron
five clockwork men, ten points each.
-6 base
-4 immunity points (resist level 2 attacks)

five henchmen/leightenant characters, fifty points each.
- 20 base points
- 6 immunity points (resist level 3 attacks)
- 4 ranged attack points
- 20 leadership level 2

Each henchmen commands 100 points of minions
30 2 point halberdiers (who double as weapon and ship crew when required)
10 1 base 1 ranged crossbowmen
2 clockwork men

Equipment available and given to henchmen when needed makes up the remaining 100 points.
five twelve point transport airships
-4 immunity to level 2 attacks
-5 transport level 5 (carry fifty units)
-3 speed level 3 (airborne, faster than horses)
Each airship requires at least twelve halberdiers to fly, any penetrating hit causes crew to suffer hp damage. when the ship has less than six crew it becomes unsteerable and will probably crash/descend/have to be abandoned.

eight crew served lightning cannons, five points each.
-level five ranged attack (ten damage)
Each gun requires five halberdiers to crew it.
STGOD SDNW4 player. Chamarran Hierarchy Catgirls in space!
Vehrec
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vehrec »

Non intelligent creatures should 'strike last' or some equivalent disadvantage, but cost fewer points in exchange for that loss of initiative. A zombie for instance, is a 2 point monster that only costs one-but loses against any other two-point minion due to just being too dumb and slow.

Also, your Leadership shouldn't just be another stat you buy and pay for-good roleplay might increase it, and the base stat might be determined by some kind of equation- your personal strength as a warlord, your magnetic personality, terrifying armor can all be things to add to this stat somehow.
ImageCommander of the MFS Darwinian Selection Method (sexual)