SD.Net World Redux Comment Thread II

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Karmic Knight
Jedi Master

Post by Karmic Knight »

Master_Baerne wrote:Ahhh...And why are you allowing them to their own country, as opposed to a suburb of the Vineyards?
Earles is a close personal friend, and Bordeaux, the guy before, would have literally just listened to the Vinish Wilderness Survey to the very end, even if they told him to get in boats and attack the San Doradan encampment. Also, the KoE is still a territory of the Vineyards, it is just recognized as autonomous. The Vineyards are still in control of the area, just now the people feel a little freer, self ruled, and I can now ask a real person what insane policies would be enacted (That part is pending).

The reason I didn't just replace Bordeaux by telling the VWS to just change the person in charge was because the Wilderness Survey does not need, or want to listen to any opinion other than their own, so they would have told me to try to stop them from destroying the destroyers of the Wilderness (Cue Diabolical Laughter).
This is an empty country and I am it's king, and I should not be allowed to touch anything.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Anyone want to consider compiling data on how much our GDPs grew or shrunk during 2008? I can imagine the news is quite dire for Shepistan, the OD, and various Frequesue nations. And Shady's going to be hurting a bit too now that he's taken on the task of building up the former Border States.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

I would imagine that I took a 1% knock due to increased arms spending.

But on the other hand, arms spending nurtured the sectors involved in the arms spending.

I'm no economist of course, but I'm not sure how to calculate all that.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

I'm not posting this IC yet because I want to make sure the arbitration has realistically covered all the points that the nations would have raised. But here, for commentary by players, is the rough draft of the terms of the Cascadian Arbitration at the San Magdalena Peace Conference (the "San Magdalena Accord" is likely to be the "name" of the agreement if ratified by the various Frequesuan nations)

FINAL ARBITRATION BY THE REPUBLIC OF CASCADIA

ARTICLE I

The Republic of Coilerburg agrees to formally recognize the crimes committed against the nations of Sabika and Omango by the Iler Regime and issue a formal apology. A public ceremony, to be held no later than three months after the signing of this accord, will be performed by the Government of Coilerburg in the presence of emissaries of all neighboring countries in which the crimes of the Republic of Coilerburg committed under the Iler Regime will be listed and apologized for.

ARTICLE II

The Parties agree that the borders of the belligerents will be returned to antebellum lines with the exception of Saffonburg which the Republic of Coilerburg will recognize as the sovereign territory of Sabika. The Frequesue Treaty Organization will oversee the transfer of authority from Coilerburg to Sabika and monitor the borders of the Parties until such a time as the Parties deem sufficient.

ARTICLE III

The Parties agree that common reparations claims against each other will be paid to a joint fund overseen by the Frequesue Treaty Organization for the purpose of common reconstruction of the nations of Coilerburg, Sabika, and Omango.

ARTICLE IV

The Republic of Omango and the Republic of Sabika agree to voluntarily restrict the size and capability of their Regular Forces under the following items:

Item 1: The Regular Armies of Sabika and Omango will be no greater than 7,500 combat troops each.

Item 2: The Armed Forces of Sabika and Omango will not field artillery with a range in excess of ten miles.

Item 3: The Regular Armies of Sabika and Omango are restricted to no more than one battalion of battle tanks.

Item 4: The Air Forces of Sabika and Omango are restricted to only fielding aircraft and weapon systems meant for air-to-air combat in defense of national airspace.

Item 5: The Navies of Sabika and Omango will only possess naval vessels of less than 5,000 tonnes displacement.

A joint commission of the Parties and the Frequesue Treaty Organization will oversee the enactment of the arms limitations. At the request of the Parties, the Republic of Cascadia will provide advisors to ensure compliance.

ARTICLE V

The Frequesue Treaty Organization agrees to formally guarantee the independence and sovereign rights of all the signatory Parties.

ARTICLE VI
The Frequesue Treaty Organization agrees to establish a committee to oversee and fairly arbitrate any further disputes amongst the signatory Parties.

One thing I'm uncertain on is the fact that Sabika and Omango are unlikely to be too satisfied, early on, with the idea of the FTO's ability to "oversee and fairly arbitrate" any dispute they have with Coilerburg. After all, the FTO basically jumped in and kicked the shit out of them on Coilerburg's behalf. It's entirely possible they'd insist on the right to appeal to an outside power - likely Cascadia in this event - to mediate and if necessary arbitrate any further disputes with Coilerburg or another FTO power. The problem, of course, is that I don't see the FTO being happy with such an arrangement, since even a neutral republic like Cascadia is still an "outside power", and the FTO's mandate is to limit outside influence in continental affairs.

I'll leave it up to you FTO players to weigh in on how this would be handled. Raj is the one representing you at the Conference, so I'm particularly interested in his view.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Norseman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Norseman »

DarthShady wrote:
Norseman wrote:BTW will any of the refugees think of emigrating somewhere? Like say Astaria? I'm thinking of doing an immigration campaign.
You know I'm supposed to hate these guys(incharacter), but even I don't want them to become slaves.
You are aware that you can immigrate freely to Astaria if you have any kind of skill? And that such immigrants aren't enslaved. Sheeze people seem to think Astarians run around with giant butterfly nets trying to catch new slaves.
DarthShady wrote:Besides what the hell are you going to do with terrorists, criminals and other outcasts?

Are you scheming against me? :lol:
Merely seeking to save brave anti-Communists from disaster.
Norseman's Fics the SD archive of my fics.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

DarthShady wrote:Nobody is stopping you from doing the same thing.:wink:

Send them to Shroomania, I'm sure they would fit right in. :lol:

Also: The PeZookian observers are about to have the tour of their lives.
If you won't put those anti-Shroomite fascists in ovens, then we will. :twisted:

Motherfucking anti-Shroomites.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Norseman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Norseman »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:If you won't put those anti-Shroomite fascists in ovens, then we will. :twisted:

Motherfucking anti-Shroomites.
You are oppressors! Shrooms are always trying to incite the peaceful, childish, eager to please Astarian slaves, turning them into cannibalistic rampaging monsters eager to burn all around them! /Astarian propaganda mode.

BTW can Astaria be a former Shroomanian colony who rebelled around 1848 due to a law abolishing slavery? That'd make the national anthem make more sense too.
Norseman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Norseman »

Steve wrote:Anyone want to consider compiling data on how much our GDPs grew or shrunk during 2008? I can imagine the news is quite dire for Shepistan, the OD, and various Frequesue nations. And Shady's going to be hurting a bit too now that he's taken on the task of building up the former Border States.
Indeed I'd like to know how Astaria is doing, I imagine that some growth is in order especially since we haven't had any major wars or other disruptions. Despite large scale construction and aid work I don't think foreign matters have (or could) significantly impact the Astarian economy. Therefore I picture economic growth between 1.4% and 3.7%, all things considered etc.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Astaria can be the shittiest former Shroomanian colony ever! Even worser than San Dorado!

^_____^
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Astaria can be the shittiest former Shroomanian colony ever! Even worser than San Dorado!

^_____^
And you should be proud of your legacy! :D
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

I am very proud indeed! Let's have the Shroom Viking sink near Astaria, so that the inevitable oil spill will do wonders! :lol: :twisted:

Now go have some fun with President Hank!

(SHROOMANIA'S ENLIGHTENED LEAD!)
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

I have to say I really enjoy this back-and-forth with the Exarch. It's chess with words - I want to come to an understanding with the man, but I don't want to offer up all my pawns in the process :).

PS: Steve, You're neutral, and Cascadia seems like a pretty level-headed and fair power, so I wouldn't object to having a bunch of Cascadian observers along to mediate in any disputes between the FTO and Omago and Sabika.
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

No wonder why President Hank gets all the chicks. 8)
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

SiegeTank wrote:I have to say I really enjoy this back-and-forth with the Exarch. It's chess with words - I want to come to an understanding with the man, but I don't want to offer up all my pawns in the process :).

PS: Steve, You're neutral, and Cascadia seems like a pretty level-headed and fair power, so I wouldn't object to having a bunch of Cascadian observers along to mediate in any disputes between the FTO and Omago and Sabika.
That's the whole point of the visit, and the reason I like this damn game. The realpoliticking, has always been among the finest elements of the game. :D
Kreia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Odd. For me it was just dicking around and assembling amusing alliterations, abbreviations and acronyms.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Odd. For me it was just dicking around and assembling amusing alliterations, abbreviations and acronyms.
You weren't very much a sophisticated negotiator, except when you are drunk. :wink:
Kreia
Norseman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Norseman »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:I am very proud indeed! Let's have the Shroom Viking sink near Astaria, so that the inevitable oil spill will do wonders! :lol: :twisted:
I'm far away from all sealanes, just look at the map :-P

And Astaria is not a shitty colony! They fought a brave and valiant war of independence! Bravely fighting for their liberty, shouting their battlecry: Freedom or Death!
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Would you want some blue facepaint with that? :P

Fingolfin:

When in SDN 1 did I do awesome drunken diplomacy?
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Would you want some blue facepaint with that? :P

Fingolfin:

When in SDN 1 did I do awesome drunken diplomacy?
You certainly had no end to antics, which leads me to suspect either you were drunk, or on prozac, or some other random drug. :wink: You are the nurse, you tell me.
Kreia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

I was bored and maybe a little manic. Now, I'm a little tired, so my antics are a little low-key.

Goddamn, I need PM Shroom to do some crazy shit!
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Norseman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Norseman »

And from PeZook's latest post I hope you can see that Astaria is not only morally superior to you in terms of labour relations. It's also morally superior when it comes to animal welfare, at least Sweet Meadows dairy farm is.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Oh... my... god... :shock: :shock: :shock:

That's it! Goddamn Astarians! I think Shroomania should do some goddamn recolonialization! Shady, how about a tag-team?! :lol:

EDIT:

Fuck it! Is this the logical conclusion of Shroomanian colonialism?! :o
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Norseman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Norseman »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Oh... my... god... :shock: :shock: :shock:
I see you are astounded by how we resolve the ethical issues of animal husbandry! Or at least that's how it'll be if the Animal Rights people get their way.
Shroom Man 777 wrote:That's it! Goddamn Astarians! I think Shroomania should do some goddamn recolonialization! Shady, how about a tag-team?! :lol:
Hey now! We still got the spirit of 1842!
Shroom Man 777 wrote:EDIT:

Fuck it! Is this the logical conclusion of Shroomanian colonialism?! :o
Given how whacky Shroomania is? I dunno... has this happened anywhere else?
KlavoHunter
Jedi Master

Post by KlavoHunter »

I'd better post my thing about the partition of the CFR with the other involved powers...
"The 4th Earl of Hereford led the fight on the bridge, but he and his men were caught in the arrow fire. Then one of de Harclay's pikemen, concealed beneath the bridge, thrust upwards between the planks and skewered the Earl of Hereford through the anus, twisting the head of the iron pike into his intestines. His dying screams turned the advance into a panic."'

SDNW4: The Sultanate of Klavostan
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Maybe the Astarians could buy Shroomanian drugs to stimulate the mammaries of their women to lactate and stuff.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!