The official map for SDNWorld Redux--FINALIZED.

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

The official map for SDNWorld Redux--FINALIZED.

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

Map finished.
Last edited by The Duchess of Zeon on 2008-09-02 01:08am, edited 1 time in total.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Ah... I thought PeZook was our mapmaker. Have you taken on the job, or are the two of you working together?
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Ah... I thought PeZook was our mapmaker. Have you taken on the job, or are the two of you working together?
There's to many versions, so I just did a slight modification to one of his and declared it the final map (provisional to the addition of islands, names, countries and more colonies on the untamed continent, etc).
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Though it's an independent republic now, this is what I expected would be Cascadia's old colonial holding on Veleria;

”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Czechmate
Jedi Knight

Post by Czechmate »

If this is so officiall, why is Cyprus in Libya? ;)
tiny friendly crab.
Vohu Manah
Jedi Knight

Post by Vohu Manah »

I've been told it is fixed in the next revision. If it wasn't going to be I wanted to return my navy for a full refund.
There are two kinds of people in the world: the kind who think it’s perfectly reasonable to strip-search a 13-year-old girl suspected of bringing ibuprofen to school, and the kind who think those people should be kept as far away from children as possible … Sometimes it’s hard to tell the difference between drug warriors and child molesters.” - Jacob Sullum[/size][/align]
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Vohu Manah wrote:I've been told it is fixed in the next revision. If it wasn't going to be I wanted to return my navy for a full refund.
Yeah, we're working on that.

Vohu Manah
Jedi Knight

Post by Vohu Manah »

The Duchess of Zeon wrote:Yeah, we're working on that.
I know, I was just having fun with the situation. :)
There are two kinds of people in the world: the kind who think it’s perfectly reasonable to strip-search a 13-year-old girl suspected of bringing ibuprofen to school, and the kind who think those people should be kept as far away from children as possible … Sometimes it’s hard to tell the difference between drug warriors and child molesters.” - Jacob Sullum[/size][/align]
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Velaria map:

1. Republic of al-Itani, Solomon Islands level of government, armed forces with old bolt-actions and machetes.

2. Republic of Tanvarika, East Timor level of government, some RPGs and AK-47s in the military, can sometimes pretend to be a functional state.

3. Republic of Yulanti, same as 2.

4. Fredonia, same as 1.

5. Democratic Republic of Ashant, same as 1.

6. New Olympia, level of government and military like modern-day Papua New Guinea.

7. Akori Republic, level of government and military like modern-day Papua New Guinea.

8. Rangatara, a highly sophisticated nation by the standards of Veleria with a level of government and military like that of modern-day Angola.

9. Hadhramara, a failed state sort of like modern-day Somalia.

10. al-Ghazzara, a traditional theocratic Moon-God worshipping monarchy that was made a protectorate and then liberated, about as sophisticated in government and tech as the modern day Kingdom of Lesotho.

11. Republic of Aylaniyah, failed state like Somalia.

12. Confederated States of the San Marin Islands (CSSMI), a highly functional government similar to Madagascar.

13. Republic of Zakariyah. Sort of like the Congo, but worse.

14. Bissauru. Ruled by a God President who claims he can kill any person he feels like for no reason at all without moral sanction by God, sort of like the current ruler of Equatorial Guinea. The country is very similar, too.

15. Republic of al-Akharabat, failed state like Somalia.

The white is the Astarian Colony of South Velaria. The Red Dot is where the Japanistani forces are coming ashore. Everything not in the borders is legally unclaimed territory at the moment, and the interior has never been explored or colonized.

Vohu Manah
Jedi Knight

Post by Vohu Manah »

I was informed by PeZook I had been moved to the Black Sea but your map has a different location. Am I to assume that his map has been overruled in that regard or has there simply been a miscommunication?
Grand Moff Yenchin
Sith Devotee

Post by Grand Moff Yenchin »

Are the random light green islands near Veleria occupied or have names?
1st Plt. Comm. of the Warwolves
Member of Justice League
"People can't see Buddha so they say he doesn't have a body, since his body is formed of atoms, of course you can't see it. Saying he doesn't have a body is correct"- Li HongZhi
KlavoHunter
Jedi Master

Post by KlavoHunter »

Marina, that's hard to read - maybe the Velaria map list should go in the gray space at the bottom-right of the map, just like the blowup of Frequesue is done in the lower-left.
"The 4th Earl of Hereford led the fight on the bridge, but he and his men were caught in the arrow fire. Then one of de Harclay's pikemen, concealed beneath the bridge, thrust upwards between the planks and skewered the Earl of Hereford through the anus, twisting the head of the iron pike into his intestines. His dying screams turned the advance into a panic."'

SDNW4: The Sultanate of Klavostan
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

A note. Though the map calls it New Olympia after the capitol, the ex-Cascadian colony republic is named Adabani as a formal name, though some Cascadians still call it New Olympia.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Note: I'll be sending the final map to Marina today, and thus she will now be able to handle any minor adjustments she sees fit.

I am at work right now, so she will be getting the map in a few hours.
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Czechmate
Jedi Knight

Post by Czechmate »

Can I please have the 'Imperial Estates of Westchester' on the Frequesue submap changed to 'Westchester/Tian Jiao'? Thanks.
tiny friendly crab.
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Could you also make a written note on some of the larger nations which don't have a sub-map? Because I can't really recognizes who is where aside from the Old Continent where all nations have inscriptions.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Czechmate
Jedi Knight

Post by Czechmate »

hahaha, oh wow. that's...oh, wow.

EDIT: see sig for proof that even the cleverest burn you come up with can just be rolled with.
tiny friendly crab.
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Its United Kingdom of Zoria.

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Just for clarification, this map does show the whole world correct? Step off the right side and your back on the left side?
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Sea Skimmer wrote:Just for clarification, this map does show the whole world correct? Step off the right side and your back on the left side?
That's the idea ,yes.
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Czechmate
Jedi Knight

Post by Czechmate »

Oh, hey. I updated the map and addressed various players' requests. Here.

tiny friendly crab.