Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

Dining Hall, Chester Hotel
Adams Capital District, Cascadia

5 March 2009 [Unreal Time]

With the conference adjourned for the moment, Anya and her retinue followed the other delegations to the Chester Hotel's Dining Hall to celebrate President Sidney Hank's birthday. After taking a few pictures, offering her greetings to the birthday boy, and even leading a toast, Anya proceeded to pig out on the cake and whatever other foodstuffs she could find; her ravenous eating habits drew the attention of more than a few people, who mused to themselves just what exactly this young woman was doing here representing the Duchy of Langley.

After having her fill of the food, taking a few more pictures for good measure, and even bugging the bakers for the cake recipe, Anya went to her laptop, opened up an instant messenger, and started chatting away with her overseers back in Ashford City...

---------------

Lelouch's quarters, Royal Palace
Ashford City, Duchy of Langley

5 March 2009 [Unreal Time]

"Lelouch, darling, what are you doing on the computer?" Her Highness the Duchess Consort C.C. [NOTE: pronounced "see-two"] asked her significant other.

"I'm just chatting with Milly and Anya," Lelouch replied, not even looking at C.C. as he focused his attention on his own laptop. "Anya said she got some really cool pics of the Frequesque conference in Adams. She hasn't uploaded any of them yet, though she said she'd do so when she finally gets back. She also promised she'd get souvenirs for all of us."

"How sweet of her," C.C. replied. "Anything else?"

"President Hank of San Dorado had his birthday party at the conference. Anya loved the cake."

"Did she save any for us?"

"Unfortunately, no. She did say that she was going to get the recipe for it, though."
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Jerusalem Space Center

Work was coming along nicely on the prototype of the Canissian EGL, the Exo-Gravitational Lander, more commonly called 'Eagle'. Full-size mockups had been made and various world leaders involved in the space program had signed off on their approval. Currently, the EGL was testing its onboard ion retro-rockets and limited flight tests, and the tests were going well at the JSC testing grounds.

The prototype would soon be the basis for which the actual production Eagle would be based off of; already technicians were scurrying to build the first actual Eagle that would be carried aloft on a cargo rocket to serve the needs of explorers.

The Eagles --for a small fleet was eventually planned-- would basically be the transporters for various types and designs of cargo pods:

SCALE MODEL OF EAGLE WITHOUT CARGO POD:

SCALE MODEL OF EAGLE WITH MEDICAL POD:

COMPUTER MODEL OF EAGLE WITH CARGO HOIST POD:

Once in space, the a handful of Eagles could assume any variety of missions by simply trading cargo pods, alleviating the neeed to build several complete different types of mission-specialized spaceships.

The Eagle leanders are designed to live and work in space, and to provide service to the moons of Novaterra and nearby planets. Their framework architecture makes landing on Novaterra difficult, since heat shielding would have to be bolted on and an entire cargo pod full of fuel would be needed to slow the descent. For that reason, Eagles are not intended to return to Novaterra once they are lifted off and assume their inter-lunar duties.

With the appropriate cargo pods used for long-term habitation, Eagles could be used to ferry astronauts to and from other planets in the Solar System, or --more likely-- be piloted by remote control to a planet and instructed to land and drop off a long-duration habitation pod for astronauts intended to explore in the future.

Canissian scientists are focusing their efforts on machinery to use once in space-- they are not focusing much effort on the actual rockets themselves, intended to lift cargo and astronauts out of Novaterra's atmosphere. That is a job for the scientists of other nations. At the JSC, Canissian technicians and engineers work closely with teams from other countries-- and while others concentrate on getting us outside the atmosphere, Canissia provides us the tools we need to maximize exploration once in outer space.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Raj Ahten wrote:At the Neutrality Conference

San Dorado came in like a bull, which had certainly warmed the hearts of Indhopal's hard liners. It also showed that the CSR at least had a damn line drawn in the sand. It looked like it wouldn't b possible to pressure the CSR about the types of units it was basing in Frequesue any more. At least Tian Xia was still present.

Indhopal had a question for them:

"Your position is you will maintain forces as long as your countrymen need protecting in the region. The threat of invasion has now passed with the total dissolution of the neighboring aggressor's government and its replacement with the CSR. Of course your military planners may see things differently. So do you have a timetable or benchmarks for security to be met before the withdrawal of your military forces will begin? Or do you intend to keep your present levels of forces in the region indefinitely?"

(Edited to remove moot question aboutt carriers.)
Minister Azula replied, "Given the losses that our forces suffered repulsing the attack by the PRSF, we feel it prudent to maintain an additional division of light infantry and a fighter wing within the province for the foreseeable future. We'll note this is much reduced from the wartime high of 3 fighter wings, the division, the MEF, and other air assets."
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Shalyapin Palace Restaurant, CSR

"My friend your help with this matter is greatly appreciated, it goes to show the true value of a friend.", Shady said with a smile, "I can understand why the PeZookians fear us, they think that history will repeat itself and that the shadows will once again bring war to their lives. I must make them understand that the Shadow Empire is dead and long forgotten and that the USSR is a friend of theirs. We have no intention of eating them like you ate that pelmen."

Both men laughed.

"I will allow Paul's observers to see the situation for them selves, NOD will arrange for a tour and guarantee their safety.", Shady smiled, "I will even move the Borders to their liking, a few small villages are not important in the greater scheme of things but will help with our current situation. I did this after all to bring a better life to the people of the Border States."

Shady took a sip of his drink.

"Paul is a valued friend and I will do everything in my power to assure him and his people that they have nothing to fear from the shadows.", Shady said, "It will take some time and effort but the PeZookians will realize that we are friends and allies for a reason. Perhaps I should invite King Paul over for a visit, and talk to him - man to man, there are many things we must discuss. He could even sign the new Border agreement during the visit."

"And as for the smugglers, they will be treated in much the same way as pirates and dealt with, the Byzantium way. They will find them selves at the bottom of the sea, soon enough. ", Shady continued, "I have already instructed my Navy to increase patrols in the sector, and your ships are most welcome to help."

Shady leaned back in his chair.

"Soon my friend, everyone will realize that what I have done is for the greater good, the region was a thorn in our sides for too long. I have removed the thorn and now the healing process can begin."
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:"Well... certain parties in Shroomania are looking forward to working together with San Dorado in joint resource utilization schemes - namely the further expansion of the TROPIC TRASHER project. Also, with our telecommunications and mass media industries working together, we could achieve great things in expanding communications infrastructure in the continent. Such ventures would be beneficial to the economy, and to national influence..."

Melchett showed the President a proposition, a joint Shroomanian-San Dorado venture involving a stratellite constellation that would fill the Frequesquan airwaves with garbage mass-produced from Shroomanian and San Doradoan studios.
President Hank looked at the Shroomanian proposition with interest. "You know, we can work with you on this... Just last week I was informed by the Trust that the owners of Station One greatly desired to start a new venture... 'FreCom' it is called. Utilizes satellites to provide instant telecommunications across the Frequesuan continent. Using a mix of your stratellites and our own satellites, I'm sure we can decrease costs and increase coverage. You can provide your, ah, mass media, we get our broad band communications... And everyone profits."

The longer the President thought about it, the better the idea became. It would be the first truly trans-continental broadcasting system operating on Frequesue. Working together, Shroomania and San Dorado could dominate the market for mass media... Providing telecommunications, entertainment, news and more all at the same time.

Hell, think a bit bigger and San Dorado and Shroomania would be able to blast their messages down to anyone in the world with a receiver... Shepistan, Byzantium, the frickin' CSR. World-wide advertisements, filling the airwaves 24/7. And on this entire bloody planet there was not a single international institution regulating what frequencies could be used by whom. Barely controlled glee filled the President. "Dear Mr. Melchett", he grinned. "What you propose is a thing of beauty. Indeed, it may just be the best idea I've heard all year. Let's do it. Let's launch a broadcasting system the world has never seen before. Today Frequesue, tomorrow the world!"

And so, finally something good comes of this damned conference, the President thought. Where's the Champagne? There's got to be some of that fantastic Vineyardian brew around here somewhere...
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
Karmic Knight
Jedi Master

Post by Karmic Knight »

SiegeTank wrote:Barely controlled glee filled the President. "Dear Mr. Melchett", he grinned. "What you propose is a thing of beauty. Indeed, it may just be the best idea I've heard all year. Let's do it. Let's launch a broadcasting system the world has never seen before. Today Frequesue, tomorrow the world!"
Senator Alexander Mason's ears pricked up at this very frightening news. Mason had been chatting with some random delegate about something, but this didn't matter, he needed to find Brandon, now. Slipping away, in a way he at least thought was quietly, Mason approached the King, Deputy Minister Alexander Luzar, and Ambassador Bridgette Tenenbaum, conversing with a member of the Cascadian delegation, assuring them that the idea of a World Court wasn't shitty, chock up another win for San Dorado, by pointing out the court would rule on cases given to it by willing civilized nations, as a means of assuring fair trials for high profile cases. Mason began to attempt to get the King's attention, "Excuse me, sire, we may face a bit of a problem."

Brandon wasted no time, "Excuse me, I must see to this, I am truly sorry I can't continue explaining the importance of an impartial world court," after having successfully excused himself, he continued, "Alright, what is going on, did San Dorado convince another power that they are morons?"

"No sire, but the hypercapitalists are trying to destroy the world in the ways only capitalism can."

"What is it this time, shoddy consumer wears that cause nations to go bankrupt, terribly thought out plans for international unity and winning money by selling to the highest bidder, what?"

"None of the above, domination of commercial communications through control of satellites and shroomainian stratellites destroying national stations like VNS and Vintendo-SciFi."

"Well, when you get the chance, pass some regulations, massive fines for any non national company using airtime in Vinish airspace, making it more massive further in. And compound the fines for multiple and grievous offences, Ah, Agent Arca, I seriously hope you don't have bad news for me involving San Dorado."

The female VEIL agent acting as the representative from Eutopia answered formally, "No, sire, I am only here to rely a message sent to me from home." The agent held up a single message in the middle of a sheet of paper, it read, 'Operation Safety Valve has begun.'

This quick interchange prompted Mason to ask, "What is Operation Safety Valve?"

"Nothing, nothing at all."
This is an empty country and I am it's king, and I should not be allowed to touch anything.
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

At the Frequesue Neutrality Conference

After receiving the CSR's message, President Raj Ahten asked the other FTO members at the conference to gather for an impromptu meeting.

"The CSR has sent Indhopal a very interesting proposal. I'd like the other FTO member’s opinions on it. The CSR seems to want to alleviate some of our concerns about strategic weapons. They are also offering economic and other incentives, including letting Vinish observers inspect their military facilities. There are a few problems with the proposals. The first is that by agreeing to the CSR's proposals Indhopal would be signaling that it finds the CSR's annexation of another state tolerable and accepts that action. The second problem is that this might be an effort by the CSR to split the FTO, as Bearne has surmised.

I am inclined to accept the CFR's offer, or parts of it anyway, as part of Indhopal's new policy of engagement with the Great Powers. Perhaps the Vineyards and Indhopal could be the "good cop" of the FTO being seen as the ones that the Great Powers can work with, while San Dorado is the "bad cop" who can stick a needle in the eye of the Great Powers when needed. With such a strategy we could appear to be more fractured then we are, while still working towards the same goal of a stable Frequesue as free from negative foreign influence as possible.

Such a strategy does have problems though. San Dorado would be taking a lot of heat, and the citizens may see it us leaving San Dorado to hang while the others cozy up to the Imperialists. Another problem is that I'm not sure Indhopal would be able to walk the diplomatic tightrope required for such a plan to work. Elections are coming up, and it looks like the nationalist Independence party will gain a lot of seats. They are not fond of subtlety."
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Adams Capital District, Cascadia

The Shinra Republic representitive hadn't had a chance to give his response to the question concerning the Syl naval base before the flareup between San Dorado and the CSR. As a result, the following message was delivered to all parties afterwards:

Code: Select all

Concerning the SRN presence in the Vineyards, the Shinra Republic notes this is a historical agreement between itself and the Kingdom of the Vineyards intended to promote mutual cooperation between both nations, as well as to deter piracy - a very real problem at the time the base was established, and one which continues to this day.  Further, this facility predates the FTO as an entity by a considerable length of time.

Therefore, the presence of a Shinra Republic naval base is viewed by this government as a matter between ourselves and the Vinish government.

However, in the interests of cooperation with all parties, we would welcome the opportunity to sit as observer members only of the FTO.  We further point out that the presence before the recent war was quite small: a detachment of ships, patrol aircraft and a small number of Marines.  A force significantly smaller than most national forces on the continent, and best suited for its primary purpose - anti-piracy patrols - than any other means.

It is our hope that after the current conflict between the MESS and Shepistan is resolved, with the permission of the Vinish government, we may again use the facilities that have been so kindly donated to us.  And we assure all parties that the new presence will not be significantly increased as compared to the former deployment.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

FTO Neutrality Conference

President Raj Ahten continued his planning with other FTO leaders:

"Then there is also the MESS to consider. Tian Xia's re-colonization of Westchester is worrying. They have however pulled out a lot of their troops and don't even base ships there. It appears that they don't have further nefarious plans for the continent, at least for the short term.

It should be considered that the MESS isn't a monolith. A messenger just gave us a statement from the Shinra Republic. They at least seem to be concerned about how the MESS looks in Frequesue. Perhaps with the Vineyards staying close to them, the Shinra Republic would be inclined to check any further expansionism from Tian Xia."
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

Raj Ahten wrote: I am inclined to accept the CFR's offer, or parts of it anyway, as part of Indhopal's new policy of engagement with the Great Powers. Perhaps the Vineyards and Indhopal could be the "good cop" of the FTO being seen as the ones that the Great Powers can work with, while San Dorado is the "bad cop" who can stick a needle in the eye of the Great Powers when needed. With such a strategy we could appear to be more fractured then we are, while still working towards the same goal of a stable Frequesue as free from negative foreign influence as possible.
Part of power of the FTO is an appearance of continental solidarity - to seem to have two factions to the FTO would likely serve only to undermine that appearance, and therefore the ability of the FTO to support it's goals. We need to be overestimated, not under, as we already operate from a position of weakness.
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Union Press

Geological Motherload, Valuable minerals discovered along the banks of the Dragonsnake

Port Adria Scientific Facillity, Dragonsnake River, Velaria-Today, several Geological Samples taken by a Joint Shaddow/Zorian Geological team from the Unclaimed Ironridge Mountains (located more than a thousand Kilometers up river) have reveiled the existance of valuable minerals in the area. After collecting over a thousand Core Samples from the Region, examination at the base's labratory have revieled the presence of valuable strategic minerals and metals, including Nickle and Copper within the mountains. Weather or not these deposits are sugnifigant has yet to be determined, although plans to set up a secondary labratory base in the Ironridge mountain rages has been proposed by numerous Scientists (both Zorian and Foreign) are being considered by the Zorian Government.

Giant Wombat market flourishing

This Symbolic One Tonne domesticated Zorian Marsupial has sugnifigantly increased in comercial value over the last few years

A staple of the Zorian Diet since the early days of settlement, the Giant Wombat is a symbol of Zoria and our nation's Cuisine, from a finely prepared Giant Wombat dish at one of Victorium's Four Star resteraunts to a Family Barbeque with Giant Wombat Burgers and ribs washed down with Sake and Ale. However, recently the Giant Wombat has been gaining popularity on the Foreign Market due to the Low Fat content of it's meat. Over the last three years, the size of Zoria's Giant Wombat yield has increased nearly three fold to keep up with increased international demand while prices have increased by nearly Eighty Precent over the last five years. "Things have been going well for buissiness" Giant Wombat Rancher Hojo Arisuma (Arisaka Province) told our reporters "Leaner, higher in calcium and with a taste that beef can't beat."
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Karmic Knight
Jedi Master

Post by Karmic Knight »

Brandon looked up from the paper he had been writing during the slower portions of the conference, as the pace had quickened significantly. He looked at the various proposals, and ideas being thrown about. He cleared his throat, prepared to give his opinion on behalf of his people.
Raj Ahten wrote:At the Frequesue Neutrality Conference

After receiving the CSR's message, President Raj Ahten asked the other FTO members at the conference to gather for an impromptu meeting.

"The CSR has sent Indhopal a very interesting proposal. I'd like the other FTO member’s opinions on it. The CSR seems to want to alleviate some of our concerns about strategic weapons. They are also offering economic and other incentives, including letting Vinish observers inspect their military facilities. There are a few problems with the proposals. The first is that by agreeing to the CSR's proposals Indhopal would be signaling that it finds the CSR's annexation of another state tolerable and accepts that action. The second problem is that this might be an effort by the CSR to split the FTO, as Bearne has surmised.

I am inclined to accept the CFR's offer, or parts of it anyway, as part of Indhopal's new policy of engagement with the Great Powers. Perhaps the Vineyards and Indhopal could be the "good cop" of the FTO being seen as the ones that the Great Powers can work with, while San Dorado is the "bad cop" who can stick a needle in the eye of the Great Powers when needed. With such a strategy we could appear to be more fractured then we are, while still working towards the same goal of a stable Frequesue as free from negative foreign influence as possible.

Such a strategy does have problems though. San Dorado would be taking a lot of heat, and the citizens may see it us leaving San Dorado to hang while the others cozy up to the Imperialists. Another problem is that I'm not sure Indhopal would be able to walk the diplomatic tightrope required for such a plan to work. Elections are coming up, and it looks like the nationalist Independence party will gain a lot of seats. They are not fond of subtlety."
“The Vineyards have always attempted to first engage the powers before going apeshit and trying to piss off a power enough for them to invade. Most of my platform for coronation regarded the isolationist methods of my predecessor, and how it hurt us to be odd men out of every treaty, due to our insane leadership.

I also see nothing wrong with recognizing the fealty claim or the Annexation; we have no room or ability to install the previous administrations that were ‘free.’ I mean, in Westchester, they are one in the same, the pre-and post- fealty leaders are for the most part the same. In the CSR’s terriotory, we face the problem that they might actually benefit from the CSR moving in, an influx of money would do that country good. I also think we need to stop being so fucking idealistic when performing international relations, so what if you fucking hate communists or empires, or fucking maniacs, that doesn’t mean that you need to fucking convince them that you should be nuked until you don’t exist anymore. We’ve got what we’re given, we need to fucking live with it.
RogueIce wrote:Adams Capital District, Cascadia

The Shinra Republic representitive hadn't had a chance to give his response to the question concerning the Syl naval base before the flareup between San Dorado and the CSR. As a result, the following message was delivered to all parties afterwards:

Code: Select all

Concerning the SRN presence in the Vineyards, the Shinra Republic notes this is a historical agreement between itself and the Kingdom of the Vineyards intended to promote mutual cooperation between both nations, as well as to deter piracy - a very real problem at the time the base was established, and one which continues to this day.  Further, this facility predates the FTO as an entity by a considerable length of time.

Therefore, the presence of a Shinra Republic naval base is viewed by this government as a matter between ourselves and the Vinish government.

However, in the interests of cooperation with all parties, we would welcome the opportunity to sit as observer members only of the FTO.  We further point out that the presence before the recent war was quite small: a detachment of ships, patrol aircraft and a small number of Marines.  A force significantly smaller than most national forces on the continent, and best suited for its primary purpose - anti-piracy patrols - than any other means.

It is our hope that after the current conflict between the MESS and Shepistan is resolved, with the permission of the Vinish government, we may again use the facilities that have been so kindly donated to us.  And we assure all parties that the new presence will not be significantly increased as compared to the former deployment.
The Vinish Government would be happy to continue the project that has be a constant for Vinish-Shinra Relations over the course of decades, and now approaching centuries. If the FTO objects to the terms of the current agreement, we would like to know if the possibility of reworking the deal exists.
Master_Baerne wrote: Part of power of the FTO is an appearance of continental solidarity - to seem to have two factions to the FTO would likely serve only to undermine that appearance, and therefore the ability of the FTO to support it's goals. We need to be overestimated, not under, as we already operate from a position of weakness.
A monolith is harder to work with, and truly a problem if our ‘hard-line, one line’ philosophy holds true, we are stuck with what we have, but if different members are acting in the way they would naturally, we will see more oppoutunities similar to the joint-particle accelerator project, recently cancelled by Indahopal, in order to fund this mania that is FTO policy.

In summation, the Vineyards feel we need to moderate our policy, and recognize groups that are located on Frequesue, to be nations with legitimate holds on their nation. We need to no longer rush to pick sides on issues, we must learn patience, for if we do not, we will find ourselves doomed to lives as tin pot dictators of countries no one would ever go to.”
This is an empty country and I am it's king, and I should not be allowed to touch anything.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Imperial Chronicles

Scribbling a note, Exarch Decius told his aide, "Send notes to President Hank that I wish to speak to him on matters of interest. Send also a note to that drunken buffoon of a Shroomanian foreign minister, that there are also matters of interest to talk about."

============================

"So Captain, have you been briefed about the mission?" asked Centurion Vassilev.

The Captain nodded, while he was eating his meal. "Yes I have. Seems rather odd that Command wants us to sail for... Shroomania, no less, even to deal with pirates."

"Command gets riled up by pirates. Can't really blame them however. The Shroomanians never make things easy for us."

"Aye. As much as we can do business with them, their callous foreign policies rankle us a fair bit. We guard our secrets tightly, unlike the Shroomanians, who obviously don't understand the meaning of "vigilant defence".

"As we are about to teach them," smiled the Centurion.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Note from the Japanistani Foreign Ministry to FASTA

The matter of manned spaceflight is of great concern to the Imperial Japanistani Empire, as is the continued exploitation of space in general by the foreign powers. Ruthless armies of invasion rove the earth and Japanistani cannot accept this unstable sitation. Therefore while the concept of manned overflights is permissible in principal, Japanistani cannot agree to any such activity until it is granted access by treaty to use FASTA facilities and space boosters to launch not less then three satellites of its own design.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

At the Frequesuan Neutrality Conference
Karmic Knight wrote:I also think we need to stop being so fucking idealistic when performing international relations, so what if you fucking hate communists or empires, or fucking maniacs, that doesn’t mean that you need to fucking convince them that you should be nuked until you don’t exist anymore. We’ve got what we’re given, we need to fucking live with it.
President Hank raised an eyebrow. “How quaint. Is your uncontrolled outburst quite done? Then I’ll give you the opinion of the Board: do as you please. Unlike some on our continent, San Dorado knows better than to push its allies around. We agree with the Baernish estimation that if you give into the CSR the FTO will appear weak, so obviously we would rather you don’t, but if you feel your interests are better served exercising with the Reds we won’t try to stop you.

Fact of the matter is that the commies apparently think they can easily divide and conquer us. Either this is true, in which case the FTO is a hollow farce anyway, or it is not, in which case no harm will be done by some joint exercises.

San Dorado has its friends and allies. We aren’t afraid of the CSR, because we can take care of ourselves. So once more, do as you please.” The President scowled. “But don’t expect us to come around and see things your way, because we won’t. Perhaps you have forgotten what this organization set out to do when it was founded, but we haven't. San Dorado didn't join the FTO just so it could cave in to imperialist demands, and we’ll bloody well sooner agree to an IRT buy-out than sing to the tune of this god-damn commie scum. ”
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Sea Skimmer wrote:Note from the Japanistani Foreign Ministry to FASTA

The matter of manned spaceflight is of great concern to the Imperial Japanistani Empire, as is the continued exploitation of space in general by the foreign powers. Ruthless armies of invasion rove the earth and Japanistani cannot accept this unstable sitation. Therefore while the concept of manned overflights is permissible in principal, Japanistani cannot agree to any such activity until it is granted access by treaty to use FASTA facilities and space boosters to launch not less then three satellites of its own design.
When the Japanistani note reached the Director's desk, he was involved in discussion about the upcoming launch of a radar mapping satellite. The FASTA was taking a rather significant risk by launching an expensive piece of equipment using a booster which was still not quite as reliable as they would've liked. Still, it was the best they had, and the satellite would provide the world's scientific community with loads of important data.

"A note from Japanistani authorities, sir", said his aide, a young Shroomanian girl, and handed him the envelope.

"Excuse me for a moment, gentlemen.", Kaklamanis said.

He read the letter and rubbed his chin in deep thought.

"We will have to adjourn the meeting for the time being. We'll continue in an hour."

His subordinates all nodded and left, and the Director called his aide again to take down a few notes.

Result:

FASTA forwards correspondence with Japanistan to sonsporing countries, asking for their opinion on the matter. Director Kaklamanis is in favor of the Japanistani proposal, provided Japanistan pays the satellites' upkeep costs.
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

San Dorado has no objections whatsoever to the Japanistani proposal.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

The Aware Human

Shepistan-OD war: Staged for NWO benefit?

When we look at international incidents and happenings, the first questions a man aware of the real workings of the world must ask is: Who benefits? Who stands to gaint the most?

When applied to the Shepistan-Old Dominion war, the answer is obvious: the IRT profits by selling arms and ammunition to both sides, while the MESS grows weaker and weaker every day due to their combat losses.

Incidentally, both the IRT and the CSR are offshots of the same ideology: described in 1732 in the Documents Of Ascension, the international Masonic lobby clearly delineated their plan to control the world: communism and laissez faire capitalism are artificial constructs, created and controlled by the NWO.

Anyone should see that this war, sold as an international conflict over land and imperialis, is in fact a carefully orchestrated diversion, aimed at destroying the MESS as guaranteers of liberty everywhere.

In two years, the CRT and IRT will launch a co-ordinated attack against MESS countries and destroy the last truly free countries in the world, bringing NWO one step closer to realizing their plan.

Chemtrails: facts and fiction

Any reasonable human can see the staggering increase of strange, unnatural phenomena in our climate and our skies: obvious signs of weather manipulation, mind control, cattle mutilation and thought surveillance are everywhere. This article will talk about chemtrails: what they are, and what they are not.

Chemtrails are strange weather phenomena, observed mostly at dawn or dusk. They form a criss-cross or circular pattern and disperse slowly, unlike normal contrails.

These are dangerous chemicals, sprayed out of airplanes for nefarious purposes: the chemicals they contain (appearing in rainwater collected right after they are observed) are commonly used mind-control compounds: barium, chromide, alluminium and iron.

Chemtrails are NOT harmless water vapor. They are DELIBERATELY SPRAYED out of MESS AIRPLANES to CONTROL OUR THOUGHTS. We MUST oppose them, and our government, who is obviously in LEAGUE with MESS OPRESSORS.

Stop NWO! Fight the power!

See our website on tips how to build a ChemBuster(TM)!

Living off the grid

Upon reaching a certain level of self-awareness, any human must notice how fundamentally broken our current society is. Control, surveillance and harmful chemicals surround us - thus, an aware human will try to live off the grid.

Remember: laws are tools of opression by the elite. The first step to truly separate ourselves from the system is to flaunt the laws it creates to bind us.

Ignore tax laws. Do not pay taxes to the NWO-complicit government, which it will then use to pay police traitors.

Do not obey the building code and housing regulations. Do not use currency, participating in a moneyless economic system: many of those are springing up nowadays. See our website for examples!

Do not buy electricity: one of the main ways of binding us to the system is promoting our dependence on electricity. Natural fuels like wood or methane are far preferable for heating and cooking, as they do not promote our dependence on the system.

Make sure you do not own an automobile. Move out of the big city, so that you are away from surveillance systems. Build a chembuster so that weather-altering chemtrails do not have an effect on you.

The optimal way to live off the grid is to buy land and grow your own food and useable crops. One hectar of ground, when seeded with walnut trees, can yield you 360 kilograms of walnuts! Could you eat 360 kilograms of nuts? Surely not! It is very simple to feed yourself off the land this way.

Lastly, make sure you do not participate in politics: all politicians are members of the system, and wish you nothing else than slavery.
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

LIVE on ShroomStratTV
The Sovereign Shroomanian Sentinel
INTERACTIVE INTERNET INTERCOURSE

The Degenatron, the Gaystation 3, and the Vintendo Vii - the three most popular games machines on the New Earth.

ShroomStrat Stratellite Systems (a Byzantine Air MacMillan subsidy) has offered the three leading video game console developers - MacMillan MultiMedia, Bony, and Vintendo - access to its stratellite telecommunications network.

The three console developers are currently engaging in what has come to be known as the Console Wars. With the Gaystation 3 largely lagging behind due to slow sales, the Degenatron and the Vintendo Vii are currently locked in a battle for the top spot of Best Selling Machine.

All three systems are currently capable of internet gaming, but the limitations of satellite technology and other communications systems means that videogamers in, say, Shroomania, can't play Immoral Wombat and commit fatalities against players in, say, Messamerica - which is on the other side of the world.

Networks such as Degenatron Dead (OOC: Haha, Xbox Live) and the ViiNetwork are thus largely confined to more "regional" modes of play.

ShroomStrat Stratellite Systems aims to correct this. With a constellation of stratellites designed to interlink the global communications network, videogamers may soon be able to rejoice as they commit acts of digital depravity against one another from thousands of miles away.

Moreover, MacMillan MultiMedia has already agreed to connect Degenatron Dead to the ShroomStrat System and has proposed a deal to its counterpart - Vintendo.

The deal is to somehow, someway, integrate the Degenatron Dead and the ViiNetwork so that gamers with either Degenatrons and Viis can be able to play multi-platform games with (or against) one another.

If this deal goes through, it would be the equivalent of the Second Coming for gamers all over the world. Already, rampant rumor and speculation are rife over the latest planned inter-platform Degenatron and Vii video game collaboration, a project only known as Haloid.

A teaser promotion for Haloid.

How ShroomStrats, Degenatrons, Viis, and Haloids can come together in a threesome will be revealed in 2010.

[OOC: Karmic, why squabble over networks and broadcasting rights when we can work together and televise crap together? There's plenty of airwaves for San Dorado, Shroomania, and the Vineyards to share! Hell, the Langleys will be filling our boobtubes with animus for the kids too! OTAKU! DESU DESU! WATASHIWA!]
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:Official Communique from Byzantine Law Ministry to their Shroomanian Counterpart

Dear Sir,

We find your callous disregard for the safety of the seas to be intolerable. We have presented evidence that show that this said organisation Shroompeace, has acquired illegal weapons, and still you refuse to arrest them. Either you clean your own backyard, or we will be forced to do it for you.

Byzantine Law Minister.

Official Reply from the Shroomanian Ministry of Laws Acts Rights and Decrees (LARD) to the Byzantine Law Ministry

Salutations!

Our apologies, but the Sovereignty of Shroomania has not received any evidence from Byzantium of any illegal (and armed) activities on part of Shroompeace. In fact, this is the first official complaint LARD has received from Byzantium regarding the organization Shroompeace.

However, the Sovereignty is well aware of the fact that Shroompeace has carried out questionable activities and the Shroomanian government has in fact taken actions to arrest members of the organization, so your assertions are not entirely correct.

It is also a known fact that due to strict Shroomanian law-enforcement crackdowns, Shroompeace prefers to carry out most of its questionable activities outside of Shroomanian territory. Most, if not all, of the individuals who we want to arrest, detain, question, or otherwise are now no longer in Shroomania but are, rather, in other nations that do not have extradition treaties with the Shroomanian government.

So, you can understand why taking action to arrest members of the organization is a difficult task for us - lest we stick our own noses into the backyards of other people, but that is not the providence of the LARD.

The Sovereignty of Shroomania is perfectly capable of cleaning its own backyard, thank you very much. We advise you to look through the garbage in other people's backyards, if you are so inclined to that sort of thing.

Should you have further inquiries or concerns regarding the matter, or information regarding Shroompeace terroristic activities, then please forward them to us through the appropriate channels. Rest assured that we will act on it.

Thank you for your concern,
Glick Graham
Shroomanian Minister of LARD

[OOC: Shroompeace's people in Shroomania are just those guys who organized protests or throw fake blood at celebrities. The real terrorists, who we naturally would arrest on sight, are elsewhere - in the SEAS!]
Last edited by Shroom Man 777 on 2008-09-23 10:01am, edited 3 times in total.
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Shroompeace submarine Steve Shroomwin
Near the shores of the Royal Kingdom of Zoria

"Ol'McShroomShroom had a Shroom," the kids sang. "Shroom-Shroom-Shroom-Shroom-Shroom!"

"And on his Shroom he had a Shroom," the kids sang. "Shroom-Shroom-Shroom-Shroom-Shroom!"

"With a Shroom-Shroom here and a Shroom-Shroom there," the kids sang. "Here a Shroom-Shroom, there a Shroom-Shroom."

"Everywhere a Shroom-Shroom!"

"Old McShroom-Shroom had a Shroom," the kids sang. "Shroom-Shroom-Shroom-Shroom-Shroom!"

Captain Peter Shroomcocks smiled at the sight of the young kids singing and stretching their arms after days in the cramped confines of the submarine. Ah, kids. Orphans, orphans he'd taken under his wing. Rescued from Byzantine orphanages where the nuns and priests would do bad things to them.

He took them under his wing, and now they crewed his submarine. Well, his submarine wasn't screwed entirely by children - most of his men, and women, were adults. They were like an extended family, taking care of these lost children.

Children could squeeze into the parts of the submarine where no adults could fit into. So, yeah.

To Captain Peter Shroomcocks, the ocean was his child too. The whales, the dolphins, the seals. Even the octopuses and the sea slugs - they were all his family.

It was his sworn task to defend them. To defend the ocean from those who would blow it up, those who would kill his whale-kin and harvest their blubbers for candle wax.

It was his war. His war on whores. The whores who wore leather shoes and fur clothing. The whores who fed the bleeding... the bleeding meat... of all the animals.

Goddamn them.

He loathed them.

His war on whores had taken its toll... there were casualties, there were defeats. For one, Peter Shroomcocks could never see his home again. Those Goddamn Shroomanians had driven him to the sea, away from Shroomania. Goddamn them.

"Fuck them," Peter Shroomcocks cursed, and then slapped himself as he realized he was in the presence of kids.

Now, he no longer had a home in Shroomania. They had beaten him with sticks. His father, that meat-eating murderer, had disowned him.

Peter Shroomcocks hated his father. The man was a butcher. The man owned a bratwurst factory in Farbanti.

Oh, the delicious irony came when Peter Shroomcocks taught those carnivores a lesson. If they felt so good eating the meat of animals, then they wouldn't have felt so bad eating the meat of whores.

That's what he did, fed them the meat of whores.

He collected placentas and placed them into the meat processor - and tainted all the bratwursts!

It was an all you could eat buffet.

Oh, how they rued the day when that happened. The health inspector nearly killed Peter's pappy. In turn, Peter's pappy nearly killed him.

It was then that he fled dry land and declared his neverending war.

The ocean was his home now. He was a true seaman.

"LAND HO!" one of his crew shouted. "We're back in Zoria!"

Zoria. That was Peter Shroomcocks' second home. The Zorians loved good old fashioned animal husbandry. Like the Shepistanis, Zorians loved to their livestock, the livestock and the weird animals that lived only in Zoria.

Unlike the Goddamn Shroomanians, the Zorians were kindred spirits. Not like the Shroomanians.

He swore that once he could, he'd give himself a name change. He loathed his name. Loathed the first syllable of his goddamn surname in particular. It was dumb.

"Fuck Shroomania," Shroomcocks spat.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Last one! I swear! And Melchett is NOT drunk!
Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:Imperial Chronicles

Scribbling a note, Exarch Decius told his aide, "Send notes to President Hank that I wish to speak to him on matters of interest. Send also a note to that drunken buffoon of a Shroomanian foreign minister, that there are also matters of interest to talk about."
At the Frequesquan Neutrality Conference

Melchett McMeistervater tried to sober himself up. Unlike the San Doradoans and the Langleys (particularly that pretty girl with the digicam), these Byzantium bits could be pretty prickly - so Melchett had to steel himself and alter his composure to that which was appropriate in dealing with the situation at hand.

"Exarch Decius, old friend!" Melchett greeted as he met with Byzantium's big boy. "How are you? All is well, I suppose?"

Meanwhile...
"So Captain, have you been briefed about the mission?" asked Centurion Vassilev.

The Captain nodded, while he was eating his meal. "Yes I have. Seems rather odd that Command wants us to sail for... Shroomania, no less, even to deal with pirates."

"Command gets riled up by pirates. Can't really blame them however. The Shroomanians never make things easy for us."

"Aye. As much as we can do business with them, their callous foreign policies rankle us a fair bit. We guard our secrets tightly, unlike the Shroomanians, who obviously don't understand the meaning of "vigilant defence".

"As we are about to teach them," smiled the Centurion.
The Central Sea (That place East of Shroomania, that patch of water between Shroomania, Khitan, and New Sumatra/Japanistan)

The Shroomanians never made things easy for them.

The crisis at the (former) Border States (now annexed into the USSR) saw a reflux of refugees, and many of them were forgoing PeZookia altogether and were trying to make it for Shroomania - a place renowned for its laxity, laxatives, and relative freedoms. Shroomania could not be reached by land, unless one took the Shroomanian-Canissian Chunnel. Thus, the refugees took to the seas.

Moreover, there was the ongoing war between the MESS and Shepistan. Shroomania was trading with Canissia and several other MESS nations, including the Shinra Republic - which had just recently joined the war. Officially, Shroomania was neutral in regards to the war. Unofficially, Shroomania was shipping the MESS nation everything from band aids to bandoleers and battle bandannas (not to mention mechanical components for military machines).

Though the Shroomanian government chose not to make too much of a fuss in regards to these recent events, the Sovereignty was in fact taking precautionary measures to prevent, rather than cure, any potential unpleasantness.

The Sovereign Navy, and the Coast Guard, had upped the number of patrols. For one, it was an effort to curb illegal immigration - which was becoming an even bigger problem with each passing day, no thanks to the Shadows' forced deportation of 'undesirables' from their new territory. For two, the risk of Shepistani submarines attacking maritime merchant vessels was an ever-present one.

Japanistan was also another factor. They were literally just a skip away across the pond, and should they decide to join Shepistan's war against the MESS, merchant shipping would be the easiest prey for their submarine fleets.

The Mushroom Military planners didn't count on having to factor in the threat of an ally, Byzantium, making an unauthorized incursion into Shroomanian territory. They weren't expecting it.

Nevertheless, the Sovereignty of Shroomania's Navy had three Nimitz-class aircraft carriers, ten Ticonderoga-class cruisers, thirty five Arleigh Burke-class destroyers, fifteen attack submarines - thirteen Virginia-class and two Seawolf-class submarines - and one Yer Mom at its disposal, amongst other things.

They were alert, and they were on patrol.

The Byzantines would have to tread softly.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:Scribbling a note, Exarch Decius told his aide, "Send notes to President Hank that I wish to speak to him on matters of interest. Send also a note to that drunken buffoon of a Shroomanian foreign minister, that there are also matters of interest to talk about."
Since the President was still in conclave with the delegates of other FTO member nations, it was sub-director Charlie Duquesne who received the Exarch's note. She asked the messenger to wait, then swiftly composed a note informing the Exarch that the President would gladly meet with him later in the evening. She then asked the Byzantine messenger to return that message to Exarch Decius.

[OOC: Fingolfin, insofar as I'm concerned we can start this right away and continue all these talks simultaneously in 'unreal time'. Or we could discuss this matter via PM, whichever you prefer.]
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Phase Line Gamma
North Shepistan Beachhead

Primed and ready, the war robots of Canissia waited the go-code.

Smaller robots would push ahead, covered by their larger cousins, using heavier weapons for cover fire. It was important to make sure the robots performed well, because the area they were headed into was a soup of chemical compounds-- nerve gas, mustard gas, and even some areas of biocontaminants. The robots would be immune; the men they were going to rescue were not. And that was the whole point of the operation.

The operation kicked off on schedule, on land and in the air, as fighter drones prepped for launch on Canissian carriers to provide air support.

The robots pushed forward, guided by human controllers in nearby APCs. The transmittal range on the robots was impressive, but no one wanted to take any chances on Shepistani jamming. Each 'bot was equipped with a self-destruct in the event of loss of signal-- a series of thermite charges specifically targeting the robot controls and computers. Heavy equipment back on the beachhead was ready to serve as back-up, and follow-on forces of manned tanks and other vehicles kept the lines open as needed.

The robots charged in, their control APCs not too far behind, and fought therir way to their objective-- LZ Ellis, the largest of the original Canissian landing zones on Shepistani soil and the one where surviving paras had fought their way to. It was a huge concentration of paratroopers, encircled by Shepistan forces and militia, and it was getting harder and harder to reach by airdrop. The Shepistanis had decided to concentrate everything they had on the dug-in forces at LZ Ellis-- the beachhead was too difficult to dislodge, especially with the LZ Ellis forces left in the rear to harass Shepistan logistics.

At first, the Shepistan commanders had wanted to dislodge the beachhead and then besiege the paratroopers, using them as bargaining chips. But the paras sat on the route to the beachhead, and it was just too difficult working around them. So plans had changed-- destroy the paras, then concentrate on the beach landing forces.

As the noose tightened on the paras, the regular Army commanders on the ground at 'Victory Beach' had devised a plan-- rescue the paras at minimal risk of loss to humans, by sending in the first all-robot task force.

The air strikes were done by drones, controlled from nearby AWACS-modified aircraft, which were themselves protecte dby both drones and human pilots.

Even at the close-air tactical level, drone helicopters provided invaluable support, and realtime over-the-hill surveillance, albeit at a terrible cost-- but the cost was in ROBs, not blood-- no letters home to bereaved parents, just another invoice for the manufacturer requesting another batch of replacements.

Air cover surged forward, pressing against Shepistani triple-A and fighters-- in some areas, human piloted fighters had to step in to take over air CAPs, but at the fore, it was a shockwave of drone fighters that led the charge through the skies.

But the real heroes of the chgarge were the series of small, light, cheap and portable robots known collectively as the 'Johnny-5s' due to their small size and resemblance to the plucky combat robot featured in the science-fiction movie "Johnny Five is Alive!"

Rolling off of manufacturing lines in Canissia by the ton, the compact little 'Johnny-5' class robots were cheap and plentiful, their most useful feature being the adaption of ordinary infantry weapons to robot use, negating the need for specialty weapons to be constructed. Anti-tank and machinegun versions swarmed the battlefield, autonomously moving, seeking cover, and locking on target, needing human control only for the 'shoot/no-shoot' option at th elast moment.

The robots were cheap-- without the cost of the infantry weapons-- under $3,000.00 per chassis, and smaller than a soldier, and naturally built almost at a low-crawl silouhette level.

They reached their objective at LZ Ellis, and the robots automatically searched for defenseive positions, concealment, and cover.

Six larger Combat Engineer robots dug in small fighting emplacements for the little 'Johnny-5' series 'bots to dig into-- it was an easy process, since the CER or Combat Engineer Robots already had the specifications for depth and width programmed into their processors; they needed only to do a quick terrain sutability scan and begin digging holes that were half the size of those needed for human soldiers, making th eprocess that much faster.

The paratroopers were pulled out, in a couple of instances by specially-made rescue 'bot, specifically designed to retrieve wounded soldiers in dangerous conditions.

The Canissian Royal Paratroopers were pulled out, and the escape-and-evasion portion of the evac begun. The APCs with the controllers, and the APCs with the human paratroopers began to leave the area, but the final phase of the plan was still being put in place. The controllers were replaced by a DCV, or Drone Control Vehicle, a specially-designed vehicle that would take over the robots' basic combat functions and continue to provide fighting cover as the humans withdrew.

Left behind were hundreds of little 'Johnny-5' robots, fighting to their deaths-- either destroyed by withering Shepistani fire, or by self-destruction when heavily damaged, ammo ran out, or if capture was imminent. Explosion rent apart millions' of ROBs worth of taxpayer's money, but at no loss of life save for that which was already lost before the dramatic rescue took place.

As literally thousands of paratroopers were rescued, the news brought great relief back home in Canissia, where the population was weary of the grim news of war on the daily broadcasts. While King Arik's approval ratings were bouyed --temporarily-- by the headline-grabbing drama, funding for robotic warfighting experiments soared.

It was a much-needed shot in the arm for Canissia. King Arik knew it wouldn't last long, and continued to hold out hope that a deal could be reached with Shepistan and the Old Dominion soon.

Results:
Dramatic robot rescue of surrounde dparatroopers leads to increased interest on robot warfighting replacing humans as much as possible.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

USSR-CSR border, Reserve Airfield 025, CSR

Savitskaya didn't feel at ease now, not at all.

Despite the apparent calm on the "spy front" as her PCIA friend Dima called it, problems were piling on.

She and her squad were now running missions over the Border nations - very dangerous ones.

Due to the influx of foreign arms into the Border states, and the willingness of radicals to use them, several planes were already subject to the threat of destruction by man-portable SAMs when delivering CSR troops to the chokepoints - the seaports which served as a base for illegal arms distribution.

She and her squadron flew the CSR MiG-31Ms over the Borders, to ensure full control of airspace during the flights of transport planes.

- Sveta? - she turned, and saw a shaken Il-78 tanker pilot, who was running down the airfield towards her.

- Yes, Lenya?

- New orders from high. The Agressor Squadron are re-deployed... to Frequesque. It seems that Korabelnikov constructed several airfields, and he intends to use us as recon tools against Westchester, especially Westchester's Naval Yards.

The woman sighed.

- Oh well. You'll never get bored with a top pilot job, right? Let's get going.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali