SDNWorld Redux - Casting Call & Planning MK II

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Data link integration will require some work, but that’s no huge matter. The existing data links on the MiG-31 are pretty good, and those of the JF-75 Demon Queller have been subject to incremental upgrades to remain compatible with newer technology.

The JF-75 Demon Queller is available for 60 million dollars flyaway cost, SEAD capability using an external pod to control the anti radar missiles will be available and included by the time your aircraft are delivered.

If you want the multi role JF-75 Demon Queller though (which will proubabbly get a new number and name) that’s just not available yet as I must await delivery of AESA radar technology from the IRT to develop it. However I can offer that capability as a future upgrade option.

If you chose the JF-75 solution to your air defence needs Japanistan will include complementary pilot conversion training on a Japanistan airfield, and one free ‘fly it home armed to the teeth’ outfit of missiles and cannon ammo per aircraft purchased. But to sweeten the deal even further, Japanistan is prepared to accept payment for 50 of these high performance aircraft in the form of guaranteed deliver of precious precious Alaskan crude oil exports. At 25 dollars per barrel and 3 billion for 50 aircraft, this will amount to 150 million barrels equal to about 25 million tons.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

I'd like to remind people that the SHROOMCABLE IV job was done by the rocks falling onto it -- and the charges that I used are small enough to be lost in the general background noise of the ocean. Realistically; when you pull up the cable to inspect it; you'll see it crushed and dented from a rockslide -- far more deniable than a cleanly cut cable.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

The IRT is probably going to start developing an E-10 analogue as well, since our EC-137s are getting a bit long in the tooth (and have the aforementioned problem of tracking low-level targets - bad for defending against the giant MESS cruise missile storm). Of course, this will be compatible with most of the world's known datalinks (hint hint).

Cut-down versions on smaller airframes are also in development, especially a carrier-capable version, though that'll probably take longer.
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Uhhh, Shep? Did I miss something? Where did we state we were "practicing" by blockading actual Shepistan ports?
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Coyote wrote:Uhhh, Shep? Did I miss something? Where did we state we were "practicing" by blockading actual Shepistan ports?
Lonestar wrote:The Old Dominion Navy begin to surge out of the ports of Norfolk and Morehead City, and it appears to be setting up a blockade cordon off the major ports of Shepistan.
And I did talk to Lonestar over AIM, and he did confirm that OD ships were hanging off the 12 mile limit at my ports; but not stopping anyone.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Heh. More Cold War shenanigans for Shepistan and the Old D again, I guess.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

FYI, pending approval by Karmic Knight I'll have 1 CG, 2 DDGs, 4 FFHs (Halifax equiv), 4 P-3Cs and a battalion of Marines at Syl, Vineyards on Fresque.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Sea Skimmer

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Imperial Japanistani is interested in purchasing used cargo ships, freighters, container ships, LASH barge ships RO-ROs, tanker ships rated to carry refined fuels in the range of 5,000 to 60,000 tons from any interested parties. Japanistan will pay a premium for prompt deliver, but only upon actual arrival.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

And thus the price for defection is known! :mrgreen:

EDIT: Just one minor nit. There are actually two tapes. First one is the "hey, we have your family!" tape that's sent to induce a re-defection.

When that don't happen the "feed them into paint chipper" tape is made and sent.

Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

MKSheppard wrote:And thus the price for defection is known! :mrgreen:

EDIT: Just one minor nit. There are actually two tapes. First one is the "hey, we have your family!" tape that's sent to induce a re-defection.

When that don't happen the "feed them into paint chipper" tape is made and sent.
Eh, it's not as if the first one would have been broadcast. And there's probably additionally tapes to be made if he doesn't re-defect soon( other kid into the industrial shredder, then the wife, then probably start on siblings and parents, eh?)

Of course, it's all a bit moot, since he's in "protective custody". He's never seen the tapes, and couldn't leave if he wanted to at the moment.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

I have named all my ships. The fact that they are all named after Roman Emperors is a mere coincidence and not laziness on my part. :P

What's the slowdown with the FUN conference? I guess we'll be moving it into Unreal Time.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Sea Skimmer wrote:Imperial Japanistani is interested in purchasing used cargo ships, freighters, container ships, LASH barge ships RO-ROs, tanker ships rated to carry refined fuels in the range of 5,000 to 60,000 tons from any interested parties. Japanistan will pay a premium for prompt deliver, but only upon actual arrival.
I can offer cargo ships, so pick the cargo size: 1000 TEU, 2000 TEU, 4000 TEU, 6000 TEU, 8000 TEU, 10000 TEU, 12000 TEU, 16000 TEU. Custom refits possible. Delivery can be done within a year.

I can't offer RO-ROs that are not for cars however. What size of tanker?
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Sea Skimmer

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:
Sea Skimmer wrote:Imperial Japanistani is interested in purchasing used cargo ships, freighters, container ships, LASH barge ships RO-ROs, tanker ships rated to carry refined fuels in the range of 5,000 to 60,000 tons from any interested parties. Japanistan will pay a premium for prompt deliver, but only upon actual arrival.
I can offer cargo ships, so pick the cargo size: 1000 TEU, 2000 TEU, 4000 TEU, 6000 TEU, 8000 TEU, 10000 TEU, 12000 TEU, 16000 TEU. Custom refits possible. Delivery can be done within a year.

I can't offer RO-ROs that are not for cars however. What size of tanker?
Japanistan is currently looking to buy existing ships already afloat it can get in days or weeks, a month or two at the most. However consideration will be given to purchase a new built group of ‘Imperial Plunder Fleet’ 16,000 TEU cargo ships and 600,000 DWT tankers.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Stas Bush wrote:
Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:I have 3 carrier groups available. We can have a go at it
Sure. You could write in the post. I would use the Eastern Open Seas Fleet carrier group with CVN, and nuclear command/ELINT/spy ship SSV-33 in a taskforce of cruisers.

Group 1:
1x Nuclear SSV-33 "Ural" - Fleet Flagship
2x Kirov CGNs: "Hammer" and "Vladimir"
2x Slava class
2x Sovremenny
2x BPK Udaloy-II
1x Moskva class helicarrier: "Moskva"

Group 2:
1x Ulyanovsk-class heavy air-carrying cruiser "Crimson Revolution" - group flagship
1x Kirov CGNs: "Comrade Kirov"
2x Slava class
2x Sovremenny
2x BPK Udaloy-II
I can put forward 2 taskforces:

IBNS Justinian CVNBG
- 1 Nimitz (CVN-77) "Justinian"
- 1 Kirov CGN "Belisarius"
- 2 Ticonderonga "Basil II", "Maurice"
- 4 KDX-III (enlarged Arleigh Burke Flight IIA)
- 8 FFG (F-100)
- 3 SSN (1 Seawolf, 2 Virginia)

IBNS Heraclius CVBG
- 1 Forestal (JFK) "Heraclius"
- 1 Kirov CGN "Theodosius II"
- 2 Ticonderonga "Augustus", "Trajan"
- 4 KDX-III (enlarged Arleigh Burke Flight IIA)
- 8 FFG (F-100)
- 3 SSN (1 Seawolf, 2 Virginia)
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Random modernization projects ongoing (in rough order of importance)

Replacement of Air Defense Command F-110 Phantoms and F-105 Arrows with new Long Range Interceptor programme now in development with Japanistan. (MiG Project 7.01)

Replacement of EC-137 Sentry AWACS with new AEW bird (E-10 Spiral 2)

Replacement of Tactical Air Command and Fleet Air Arm F-110 Phantoms with Medium Carrier Multirole Aircraft (looking increasingly like Super Hornets :( )

Replacement of KC-137 Stratotankers with modern airframes

Replacement of TAC and FAA Skyhawks with Light Carrier Multirole Aircraft

Modernization of Strategic Air Command B-72C aircraft to B-72D standard, conversion of two squadrons to FB-72D multirole configuration.

Replacement of M113 APCs with Svalbardian CV90 IFVs
Last edited by phongn on 2008-08-28 01:41am, edited 4 times in total.
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

phongn wrote:Replacement of Air Defense Command F-110 Phantoms and F-105 Arrows with new Long Range Interceptor programme now in development with Japanistan.
Shepistan will also buy into this for the F-101 replacement.

TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

phongn wrote:Replacement of KC-137 Stratotankers with modern airframes
The Republic of Alaska would like to interest you in the KC-77C Aircraft.
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Lonestar wrote:So...is that a "yes" then? :P

I was just curious if you were thinking "Boondocks" when you wrote "out in the provinces" or not.
Nah, I'm not going to some shit mountains filled with communist rebels :P

Goddamn Japistanis, so fucking devious! Coyote, what the fuck do we do?
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Er Shep, with so many mines, wouldn't it be better to just... ASROC the whole lot to clear it?
Kreia
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:Er Shep, with so many mines, wouldn't it be better to just... ASROC the whole lot to clear it?
It would take a lot of ASROCs to do the job. A LOT. :o

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

MKSheppard wrote:
Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:Er Shep, with so many mines, wouldn't it be better to just... ASROC the whole lot to clear it?
It would take a lot of ASROCs to do the job. A LOT. :o
Use the nuclear version?
Kreia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Shep, what the fuck is wrong with you?!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Shep, what the fuck is wrong with you?!
He's just going to keep doing this until everyone has nukes so that any wrong move results in global nuclear annihilation. I think it's a conscious strategy to try and force the world to adopt nuclear weapons as rapidly as possible so that they can put a lid on this kind of behaviour by serving as a check against escalation.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

The Duchess of Zeon wrote:
Shroom Man 777 wrote:Shep, what the fuck is wrong with you?!
He's just going to keep doing this until everyone has nukes so that any wrong move results in global nuclear annihilation. I think it's a conscious strategy to try and force the world to adopt nuclear weapons as rapidly as possible so that they can put a lid on this kind of behaviour by serving as a check against escalation.
Or knowing Shep, so that he can then trigger the nuclear war.

BTW, my characters are going tbe mad as hell (Adm. MacCallister's primary regret will be not trying to have her fighters engage them) but for me, I just keep coming back to this mental image of a Third World town with a lone building in the town square converted into the local Shepistani HQ, complete with flag.... and then CRASH! Big mine-dud comes flying through the front door! And as the dust settles and dust-covered Shepistani officers carefully approach, they see "Item defective, returned to sender" written on it! :lol: :mrgreen:
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Then he'll launch a first strike after getting 'intelligence' from an IM conversation and basically end the game?

Damn it, and I thought giving Shep a Turd World country would actually make this game playable. Mein mistake.

This not-so sudden realization, plus the fact that on Sunday I'll be going off for two weeks, really makes me a sad hippo :(
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!