SD.net's World OOC/Discussion thread MK VI

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

phongn wrote:I know that's a joke, but "special weapons" almost invariably refer to nuclear ones.
For military trivia maniacs, perhaps :D

But more seriously, I had no problem figuring out Coyote was actually trying to make a point, and expending nukes on empty fields just for that would be supremely stupid.

However...if Shep really did think Coyote used nukes here, his restraint during that round of nuclear tensions is even more amazing :D
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

I don't think anyone in the MESS wanted to escalate it anymore than required. The only serious shots fired on our side was on Adrianopolis for their... base born treachery.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

PeZook wrote:
phongn wrote:I know that's a joke, but "special weapons" almost invariably refer to nuclear ones.
For military trivia maniacs, perhaps :D

But more seriously, I had no problem figuring out Coyote was actually trying to make a point, and expending nukes on empty fields just for that would be supremely stupid.

However...if Shep really did think Coyote used nukes here, his restraint during that round of nuclear tensions is even more amazing :D
Actually, I know we went over this back when it first happened and it was explained that those weapons were not, in fact, nuclear.

Why Shep feels the need to try and claim that they were again I have no idea.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Shit, I had not really considerdd that interpretation... :oops: Considering my audience (ie, Shep), I should have realized my word choice.

I sacrificed explosive power for fuel-- not for range, but for maneuverability. I knew your cities were well-protected with AAA asset; therefore I didn't waste time on them. If I send TLAMS into your cities' airspace, they'll get swatted from the sky, and your population gets a big boost in morale.

If I can evade your less-tight air defenses in the hinterland, and blow up "heartland" type assets, it looks to most ignorant civilians like I can evade your AAA and it'll undermine their confidence in the government (you) because I can strike with impunity in the areas of 'hearth and home', your vulnerable farmland-- scare them with food supply vulnerability.

That was my 'special plan'. It would be a longer, more drawn out style of psychological attrition (the implied theat that your farms were open to chemical or biological strike would help) but it would undermine civilian confidence and possibly get you to redeploy assets away from the cities-- either to protect the back country, or at least get your civilians to feel better.

In other words, Sun Tzu. If the enemy has fortified the front, strike at the rear. Or any RTS game (although a poor base of reliance for strategy)-- strike the farms, and let the army starve.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

So we are all writing our little Q end stories. :D

I have a feeling that any conversation between me and Q would be very weird. :lol:
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Just have yourself share a beer with Q.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Just have yourself share a beer with Q.
I don't drink, very often. But I guess I could write up a little something.

Perhaps later.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Just have the two of you, with you still in full Thulsa Doom regalia, laughing about the sheer dickishness of your exploits.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

I have done it.

I decided to get a bit more serious.

I leave the crazy stuff to you. :D

The God Emperor is dead and now I shall create a new character, perhaps a president or something like that. But he will be normal and not insane like the last one. :lol: