SD.net's World OOC/Discussion thread MK IV

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Even if he has EMP weapons in orbit, failure time for your KV-carrier satellites would probably be several months, as I calculated earlier, so you could always destroy Beowulf if you chose so - unless, of course, he invested in earth-to-orbit HELs, which I never recalled him do.

If Beowulf triggers a nuclear explosion assault against various objects in space, he would also do as an act of war against whatever nations have spacefaring humans up there.

P.S. I know Beowulf has no nukes so far; I also know that this is an orbit-to-earth bomb platform.

I'm just curious to know what kind of missiles Beowulf uses. OU, of course.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

@ Fingolfin: Yes! CRAZY hallucinatory drugs! Giving the effected people euphoric CRAZY religious experiences! The cult propagates! :twisted:
Last edited by Shroom Man 777 on 2008-06-16 11:46pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

The cult propagates!
:lol: *sigh* someone, post the damn picture of Claudius Stricus killing Kadaj already :lol:
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

Assalti Frontali
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

As Coiler pointed out, they were discussing that to have their idea work, they'd need a larger warhead or make it a nuke. By the way the conversation went after that, I would surmise they're going with larger, not a nuke.

At any rate, assuming he did, how would Bean even know to trigger his "automatic SCORECARD" response? Even if he could tell there was nuclear energy involved, Beowulf could easily claim it's just a harmless, nuclear-powered satellite. Or are even those banned? Because I have a feeling if Bean tried to do that he'd be answering to the rest of the world sooner rather than later.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:@ Fingolfin: Yes! CRAZY hallucinatory drugs! Giving the effected people euphoric CRAZY religious experiences! The cult propagates! :twisted:
Alright.. give me a while to go work out something...
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Stas Bush wrote:
The cult propagates!
:lol: *sigh* someone, post the damn picture of Claudius Stricus killing Kadaj already :lol:
Well, in OOC I sent out the main cast of Final Fantasy VII after them (Cloud included).

You want me to do it IU as well?
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

You want me to do it IU as well?
Just the one where Cloud kills Kadaj/Kadaj dies. :lol:

Assalti Frontali
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Have it happen at the Forgotten City or something.
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Where is Kadajj? Was he the one who perpetrated the attack on Constantinople?

Also, there are Crusaders now out on a vengeance, though interrogating those 2 survivers might gain some... information.
Last edited by Fingolfin_Noldor on 2008-06-16 11:59pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:Where is Kadajj? Was he the one who perpetrated the attack on Constantinople?
Well, before the attack, I did have him scheme in Shinra.

Then again, a lot of these Jenovans are apparently effeminate albino girly-men. *shrugs*

[It really helps if your cultists/terrorists all look alike.]
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Probably this is due to the fact they are drug addicts and the drug is impacting their exterior. We should learn more about the drug too.

And of course the junkie cult is to be tried properly! no Gitmos for them ;)

Assalti Frontali
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Claudius "Cloud" Stricus is on the case on behalf of the Special Intelligence Section of the Shinra Republic Defense Ministry. This is a post-"Wah I don't know who I am!" form of him. Y'know, the badass one.

:D

And yes, he's a former member of my Army Special Forces. Which means none of the rest of you bums get to steal him (or other FF7 dudes and dudettes). They belong to me (the good guys, anyway...Turks included, since I am the Shinra; the kinder, gentler Shinra that works with the former AVALANCHE people). :twisted:
Last edited by RogueIce on 2008-06-17 12:08am, edited 1 time in total.

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Stas Bush wrote:Probably this is due to the fact they are drug addicts and the drug is impacting their exterior. We should learn more about the drug too.

And of course the junkie cult is to be tried properly! no Gitmos for them ;)
I'll make sure to take blood samples.
Kreia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

:lol:

COBRA-LA-LA-LA-LAAA!!!!

:lol:

On that note, should I continue with the Sultan's Summit or shall we adjourn and then I go to Shady?
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

And so I killed Ivan.

For some reason, I felt really bad about it :(
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

*vader speak*

DO NOT WANT!

Assalti Frontali
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Stas Bush wrote:*vader speak*

DO NOT WANT!
Uh, what? :D

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

It's a codeword for NOOOO. Hint: google "backstroke of the west" and read it.

Assalti Frontali
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Stas Bush wrote:It's a codeword for NOOOO. Hint: google "backstroke of the west" and read it.
...oh.

Well, I didn't feel like screaming "NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!", just sad. Because we put a monkey in a steel can so that if it blew up or depressurized or burned in orbit or broke up on re-entry, it would be the monkey who died, and not one of us. And the poor guy didn't even know what it was all about, and then we killed him with morphine, all the while he thought we'd help him and everything would be cool again and that he'd get a banana from his human buddies for being such a good monkey.

Still, it's better that it was the monkey who died, I suppose. He deserves a memorial, though :D

Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Stas Bush wrote:
P.S. I know Beowulf has no nukes so far; I also know that this is an orbit-to-earth bomb platform.
You, uh...may want to go back and look through the game thread more carefully killer. He has nukes a-plenty(courtesy of the LSR). :wink:
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

I meant no nukes in orbit so far ;) though he's apparently evaluating such an option.

Assalti Frontali
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Stas Bush wrote:I'm just curious to know what kind of missiles Beowulf uses. OU, of course.
Mjolnir-S was publically a failed launch of a satellite, labelled as Alois-1.

Nuclear material in orbit can't be banned, because Lonestar's put up a NSWR propelled probe already.

And the solution that's been devised is to not to try to make it secret.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Cobra! :shock: I should have known! :x Now the Neverhood contract just got more interesting. Expect thousands of ex-shepnukistani soldiers turned mercenaries to flood the area! (with only some being officially associated with ProTec.)
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

v________v

Ivan... I will miss you.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Maybe there could be an Ivan the Monkey amusement park in his honor.
Kreia