SD.Net World(RAR!) MK III

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

BBC Breaking News

BBC Reporters have managed to uncover evidence of a very large arms buildup within the diocese; a photograph was recently taken by an undercover BBC reporter, showing a very advanced armored fighting vehicle in the hands of the Diocese:

Tentative analysis by our on-staff analysts show that it is a BTR-90; an AFV that has protection against 14.5mm HMG fire on the frontal arc; and 7.62mm on the sides -- the advanced BMP-2 style turret is a dangerous provocation in Libertopia; where until recently, the heaviest weapon mounted on vehicles was a 12.7mm or 14.5mm heavy machine gun, usually mounted on the backs of pickup trucks.

Our reporter while he was undercover counted "several dozen" of these vehicles in a Diocese motor pool. Where they have come from is unknown at the moment; since the Red Technocracy vehemently denies the sale of any BTR-90s to anyone, except for several recently sold to Advanced Armaments Corporation in Shepnukistan for use as testbeds in developing Nukistani wheeled AFV technology.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Grand Moff Yenchin
Sith Devotee

Post by Grand Moff Yenchin »

Al Gazira News Network

"His Highness Sultan Ibrahim today severly condemned the Jihadists shooting at the Lonestar Republic. Saying that 'the Jihad against Lonestar and Shepnukistan is retracted. I refuse to recognize anyone as a brother who doesn't acknowledge this fact'.

"With the 1 week cease fire closing up, it is unclear what the rebels or the newly formed National Army's next step will be..."

Mangka Daily News
[Shinra] Ambassador Tony Jin, of the Mangka Office in Shinra, rewarded bonus expenses to Mangka Navy personnel training at Shinra on behalf of the President.

The Navy personnel, lead by Captain M.N. Wen, are undergoing transferral training at the Shinra Republic for the Gorgon-Class Frigate.
1st Plt. Comm. of the Warwolves
Member of Justice League
"People can't see Buddha so they say he doesn't have a body, since his body is formed of atoms, of course you can't see it. Saying he doesn't have a body is correct"- Li HongZhi
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Imperial Chronicles

"Send a message to the Secretary General of Red Technocracy," ordered the Emperor.

"Tell the Red Technocracy Secretary General to come clean on the number of weapons it has sent to the Diocese. We will not tolerate this lack of transparency, no less masqueraded as flights of aid. This indiscretion will cease or we will be forced to take action. We have long known that you were supporting the Diocese militarily for a while and we will reveal what we know if forced to do it. Protec has been a lot more transparent on what it has been doing in Alexandria, and that is saying a lot."
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

BBC Breaking news; our sources in Terra Libertia have spotted a new faction -- while they wear the same uniforms as the Diocese and the Iron General's troops; they behave totally different, in a very professional manner. We at BBC news will keep you informed on this development.

Spotted in The Iron General's Territory/

Spotted in the Diocese's Territory

Nukistani Presidental House

The television shattered as the heavy remote was thrown at it.

"God Damn it. Who the fuck do those people at the BBC think they are?"

Putting down the crystal tumbler, President Sheppard picked up the phone.

"Special Operations Command? Yes. Yes. I want you to begin operations to deny the international media access to the Diocese's and the Iron General's territories. Yes, Of course, this will be a totally deniable operation. No, I'm sorry, you're not authorized to use lethal force sadly enough...."
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

"What the FUCK?! Who the shit do they think they are? God fucking damn them!

"I want Stas on the phone right now! He's going to give me some answers about those damned APCs. And notify CJTF-4: quarantine the Goddamn place, turn the Ranger and Independence around! All sea and air traffic to Terra Libertia gets inspected, no exceptions!"

--FLASH Message--
TO: CJTF-4

To Take Immediate Effect:

Full naval and air quarantine of Terra Libertia to take affect. All inbound naval traffic to be stopped and searched for illegal cargoes. All inbound air traffic to be diverted to Adrianopolis to be inspected for illegal cargoes. Use of force to be authorized only by Commander, CJTF-4.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Mr Bean wrote:The King frowned at him, how to break this to him without insulting the man. He mentally shrugged, considering what he had told him so far, he did not think Rufus would remember any slights considering he had just copp'd to being a possible reason for Saddamstain's attack.

"Mr President, non-engagement with Saddamstain will not work. You can not expect to sit off his shore with a fleet and make him back down with a sufficient show of force. This Saddam is not that Saddam if you take my meaning. Your dealing with a country with a first class military and a Soviet like habit of keeping ahold of every single possible weapon system. More to the point Saddam the Great can not back down, to back down is to demonstrate weakness. To demonstrate weakness is to invite the wolves in.

There are several ways to deal with such a foe. I seek to open relations with him, I seek to secure trade with him. We have several things which he finds useful, if for his military than nothing else. If he allows nothing but the Jewelry trade between our two countries I'll take it because it gives me a foot in the door.

Make no mistake you will not get him to back down not by force, you won't stop him by posturing or hold a metaphorical gun to his head. It won't work, you can only extend the hand of friendship as we have done or take him out for good and all.

No "shows of force", no "viewing with alarm", you remove his ability to project force outside of his own country, you destroy his military, you sink his Navy, and you put a real gun to his head in person.

No metaphorical gun will do, not economic, Saddamstain is self sufficient, not trade he won't tolerate a blockade and no way the IRT will back an embargo. No diplomatic gun either since he does not care two figs for what is said about him in International Media, only state run media transmits into Saddamstain.

Those are the options as the UKB sees it, befriend and seek long term change, Ignore him or destroy him, with country like Saddamstain there is no easy option.

We have made our choice for now"

There the gauntlet was on the floor, now to see how good the psychological profile people were.
"Congratulations, you've managed three things with all those words of yours. First, you insult my intelligence. Second, you barely even answered my first question. Third, you completely ignored my second. Let's try this again, shall we?"

Rufus was not amused. Not only had they basically outright admitted to having a hand in causing Saddam's attack, he was now being stonewalled in this supposedly ultra-secret meeting where he was supposed to be informed as to what was going on.

"Would you please give me the details on your recent dealings with Saddamistan? Vague references don't cut it. And why did you not see the need to let the MESS and FUN know about this before your sudden pullback? Two simple questions. I hope you can answer them this time."
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Imperial Chronicles

The Emperor's plane landed and headed straight for the Operations room in the palace. In the room was the Director of Imperial Byzantine Intelligence Agency. "You have done that I have ordered you to do, yes?" asked the Emperor.

"Yes sire. We have checked everything for bugs and possible sabotage, and our men are ready to pull the trigger."

"We will wait for the response of the General Secretary of the Red Technocracy before moving. Where is the Ecumenical Patriarch?"

"Sire, he is on the phone."

The Emperor grabbed the phone and spoke the Patriarch, "Your Holiness, have you seen the report?"

"Yes Sire, are you sure you want to do this? No doubt some in the Red Technocracy will object to the use of such a serious move."

"I have warned Ramsley repeatedly to be a man of peace and not to arm himself to this extent."

The Patriarch sighed. "Then I shall get ready."

"Don't do it until I have my reply from the Red Technocracy."

"Yes Sire."

The room was tense, as the Emperor was about to make some very important decisions within the next 24hrs.
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

SOFIA
Shroomanian Office - Fungal Intelligence Agency

The Prime Minister was apoplectic. On the verge of spontaneous human combustion. Really fucking pissed off.

And the FIA Director was taking the brunt of it.

"Sir, how the hell was I supposed to know the Tonkins were shipping our shit to the Goddamn Libertopians?!" John Baylor screamed defensively at the telescreen.

The Prime Minister's reply was something like 'you're supposed to be '"intelligence'", you douchebag' and the Director winced. This was not going well, and if he were in any other country, the PM probably would've had him shot. Shroomania reserved the firing squad only for the worst offenders though, so he was probably gonna end up sacked, not shot. Other people, though...

"They were well within their rights to sell their decommissioned assets to the Tonkins," the Director explained, calmly as he could. "There's no legal clause against it and we have made some transactions with the Tonkins in our past. Remember those F-14s? We were planning to buy ABM from them too, but decided to stick to the Beards."

"The only thing now is to wait for the MESS and Rufus to stop them from shipping their shit to the Goddamn Libertians!" Baylor continued. "Sir, don't blame me for any of this. Blame your Mushroom Military. The Army was eager to sell its useless junk, eager for easy money. The two buyers were either Indhopal, those ProTec guys, or Tonkin. Either way, by selling their gear, the assets would've ended up in Libertia anyway!

"What would you have me do? Pop Petraeus and Carville with some cyanide? These were our own people, from the Mushroom Military, they aren't my responsibility, sir. To be frank, YOU'RE the Commander-in-Chief of our armed forces!"

The telescreened visage of Prime Minister Shroom the 777th went agape with shock, and then red with rage at his subordinate's insubordination, and then... well, a few other colors from all over the rainbow.

Finally, the PM said something like 'Goddamn those fuckers! Goddamn them all to hell!'

"Goddamn them all to hell..." the Director chanted the mantra together with his boss.

The Prime Minister looked defeated, tired, and weary - on the verge of a psychological breakdown. He looked like a wounded animal, and was looking at the Director with an expression he couldn't quite place...

Which was rather disturbing for the Director.

John Baylor hated reading people. But if he read his boss right, Shroom was lost - barely able to trust his own military - and now he was looking at Baylor, the FIA Director, as the person he hated most, but also the last remaining person who he could trust, who he could count as dependable.

Which was rather disturbing for the Director.

If they weren't separated, if they hadn't had to commune by telescreen, the Director feared that his lunatic leader would've placed an arm around him and hugged him tight.

But Prime Minister Shroom was no pussy. His kicked-puppy look gave way to steely resolve and then he started rambling in a tempo that rose and rose until the expletives and the cusses and the curses and the 'goddamns' and the 'motherfuckers' got progressively more and more numerous and -

- What?!

"Shroomstaffel?!" Baylor blurted out loud in incomprehension. The Prime Minister was talking about making his own fucking SS. What the fuck?!

The Prime Minister then grew silent and looked at Baylor through the telescreen.

Baylor gulped.

"Yes sir, you can count on me."
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Shinra Republic Requests Talks to End Sultanate Civil War

"The Shinra Republic, amidst multiple growing world crises, remains committed to preserving the peace between nations. To that end, we have requested that The Most Curious Kingdom of Saint George, a neutral nation and site of the original International Conference on the Laws of the Sea, serve as host to talks between both parties of the Sultanate Civil War to forge a lasting peace and bring stability to that nation.

"We acknowledge the cease-fire currently in effect between both parties, and it is our sincere hope that we can extend that into a full peace treaty. We eagerly await the responses of all parties and invite our friends from the II Republic of PeZookia, the Sovereignty of Shroomania, and Byzantium to join representitives from the Shinra Republic, People's Republic of Canissia and Wilkonia to join in the talks.

"Together, it is my hope to create a lasting peace for the people of the Sultanate of Terra Libertia, as the first step to rebuilding their country and entering the global community as full partners and equals."

President Rufus Shinra of the Shinra Republic

K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

PRAVDA: Secretary General: We have nothing to do with support of the Diocese military

- Our nation only sells weapons without notice within the OMSK, and procurement schedules and lists are shown for all non-OMSK nations.

The Secretary General stressed that someone was looking for a scapegoat in the Libertian crisis.

He also noted that the Red Technocracy nationals in Terra Libertia have finished their pilgrimage and are currently returning home via various means of transport and will soon leave the Diocese entirely.

The Red Technocracy also alerted it's SAM divisions, apparently in preparation of issuing a lone-voice ultimatum concerning biological weapons to Saddamistan.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Constantinople Times

Government Agrees to send diplomats to the meeting to be held in the Kingdom of Saint George.

The Government will send Basil Al-Saleh, the head diplomat for relations with Muslims, to the meeting. Basil Al-Saleh hails from the city of Antioch, which has a sizable population of Muslims. A Syrian Kurd by birth, he comes from a family of a long line of diplomats who have served the Byzantine Government faithfully for centuries.

Government expresses concern at the recent assassination attempt on the El Presidente of Lonestar Republic.

Expressing his concern at the recent assassination, the Prime Minister sends a note to the vice president of Lonestar Republic that the Byzantine Government is concerned about the situation and asked if any help is needed. "I for one am concerned that rogue elements are out there on the prowl looking for easy targets. We do not suspect our local Muslim population and we will never do. We maintain good contacts with the Muslim community who have been faithful citizens of the Byzantine Empire." It is rumoured that many of the Muslim community volunteer for espionage service in Terra Libertia and on the field gathering much intelligence.
Last edited by Fingolfin_Noldor on 2008-05-24 09:53am, edited 1 time in total.
Kreia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

LIVE on ShroomSatTV
The Sovereign Shroomanian Sentinel
DIPLOMATIC DETOUR

The Sovereignty of Shroomania has agreed to send delegates to The Most Curious Kingdom of St. George to continue the Libertian discussions and touch specifically on the Civil War in the Sultanate.

Though the Prime Minister will not attend in person, he has issued the following statement: "There has been some progress in the Sultanate Situation. They have, for one, agreed upon a cease fire. The world cannot jeopardize that tenuous stability and we should work with the people of the Sultanate to make something out of it, so that it won't be just a temporary truce, but the beginnings of real peace."

The tragedy in the Lonestar Republic where El Presidente Lonestar was injured in a jihadi assassination attempt has caused tensions to flare once more, with both Shepnukistan and the Lonestar Republic - recipients of the rescinded jihad - going into high alert.

The Shepnukistanis have allegedly been shipping weapons to Libertia, and together with the Incorporated Republic of Tonkin's purchase of Shroomanian surplus military hardware bound for Libertia, many analysts fear whatever peace may be had in the Sultanate and in the land as a whole may be temporary.

The Prime Minister has also issued a statement wishing El Presidente Lonestar a quick recovery while simultaneously condemning the perpetrators of the assassination attempt.
Last edited by Shroom Man 777 on 2008-05-24 09:55am, edited 1 time in total.
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Imperial Chronicles

"WHAT!? That loose cannon shipped weapons to the Diocese!?! In a fucking proxy war?!" The Emperor smashed fist onto the table.

"Tell Ramsley I'm giving him one more chance. If he dares to do something stupid with those vehicles, he will be coming to my knees to beg me to reinstate him as patriarch." The Emperor fumed in great fury.

"What should we do sir?"

"Communicate with President Rufus. Tell him that any shipment of aid from Shepnukistan ought to be interdicted and searched. I will aid him from my end. Send out some destroyers to monitor any outgoing cargo flight from Shepnukistan and have them linked up with President Rufus' fleet," ordered the Emperor.

"Aye Sire.
Kreia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Comberth Harbor
The Docks

Two men are standing near at the edge of the docks, one of them is leaning on the rails. In the distance, Fast Commerce Ships and their Wilkonian counterparts could be seen arriving or leaving port. Above them was an airship, floating in the sky, on its side a huge screen was advertising various Vulpesian beach resorts and 'off-world colonies' (actually pleasure palaces that 'took you out of this planet').

"Who are you?"

"Name's Risto."

"So, what's going on?"

"The Director wants to know."

"Know what?"

"What the fuck you were thinking, selling our shit to those Tonkins so they could ship them to the Goddamn Libertopians!"

"Fuck off."

"Make me."

"Those APCs were surplus. For sale. Give me one good reason why we shouldn't have sold them. One."

"Your common sense? That filling your miserable pockets isn't worth putting our whole country in this shit?"

"Who gives a shit about those Goddamn Libertopians, anyway?"

"No one. At least, not me."

"So, what's this?"

"Nothing."

"You can't nail me with anything, can you?"

"No."

"I knew it. So, we're done here?"

"No."

"What else do you want, Risto?"

"The documents. Like I said over the phone."

"Right. Here, take them, you can't do shit to me, anyway."

"Thanks."

"So long, suck- fuck, what the fuck?! You can't do shit to me! You can't touch me! You caaaaaaa-"

*splash*

"I can."

"Motherfucker! I'm drowning! Jesus! Fuck, it's freezing! Shit, the water stinks! Fuck you, Risto! Fuck you!"

"Okay."

*ring*

"Boss? Yeah, I got it."

"Oh, nothing. I just gave him a little bath."

"Who? None other than Lieutenant Colonel Olgivy East. Pretty proud of what he did, gave me his name, rank, and serial number. A real patriot."

"No, I didn't give him cement shoes."

"Anyway, I gotta go. He's climbing out of the water and dead set on kicking my ass. Ciao."
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

DELEGATES WITH QUESTIONS IN HAND WILL GO TO ST. GEORGE

The People's Republic of Canissia will send the Foreign Minister, Ral Tenn, and Defense Minister, Ren Lars, to the Most Curious Kingdom of Saint George to discuss the various difficulties surrounding Libertoia-- including ending the Sultanite civil war and probing the reasons why major end-item combat arms have been sent to the troublesome island.

MINOR OUTBREAK OF HOOF-AND-MOUTH DISEASE ON WINDRIFT ISLE CONTAINED

The virulent hoof-and-mouth disease reared its ugly head on the tiny Windrift Island just a few days ago, causing a minor commotion as authorities hastily quarantined the island and invited specialists from Tauron University to investigate. An entire farm was culled, representing some 200 head of cattle, and the island will be under quarantine for continued observation until further notice.

SOUTH SEAS FLEET TO HELP ENFORCE QUARANTINE INSPECTIONS ON THE HIGH SEAS

Port Serenity, Gottland-- The Southern Fleet command will help the Shinra Republic in its enforcement of inspections on the high seas for ships bound to Libertopia that are thought to be carrying heavy weapons.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Somewhere in the Diocese

The Vychlop.

The Shepnukistani Special Services sniper aimed his 12.7mm VSSK Vychlop silenced anti material rifle at the BBC news van about 250 meters away from his position.

Settling his sights on a nondescript junction box between the van and the satellite dish on top of it, the sniper fired the huge rifle.

Inside the BBC Satellite Van

The technicians who monitored the satellite carrier signal suddenly heard an unusual noise.

"What was that?"

"Sounded like a really bad maintained car starting up."

Suddenly, the carrier signal went out.

"Hey, what the fuck?"

"Fix it!"

*sound of fist hitting side of monitor*

"Nope. Not working."

Outside the BBC Satellite Van

From his camouflaged hide, the sniper watched through a pair of binoculars as the two BBC employees got out and climbed the side of the van; inspecting the dish for any sign of damage.

The two BBC workers finally found it; a 12.7mm sized hole in the side of the satellite control junction box. Opening the box; they found the insides completely cooked.

"Damn it, what the hell happened here?"

"Looks like everything just....melted."

"Do we have a replacement?"

"No, this stuff has a lifetime of several tens of thousands of hours. We don't have a replacement. We'll have to order it from the UKB."

The special silenced 12.7mm Vychlop thermite-filled round had done it's job.

MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Suspected Arms Trafficker: "I am a legimitate Businessman"

In a press meeting with the secretive Mr. Bout, accused by nearly all of the major nations of the MESS as an Arms trafficker, the Nukistani Times uncovered a major scoop:

The MESS has contracted with one of Mr Bout's companies to fly in supplies for their very own militaries, in a contract worth $60 million ROBs, while at the same time, decrying humanitarian flights carried out by one of Mr Bout's other companies.

"I am very upset, really. Shinra pays me well to fly time critical items to their own bases, and then turns around and accuses me of arms trafficking."
Last edited by MKSheppard on 2008-05-24 11:45am, edited 1 time in total.

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Constantinople Times

Government Orders 6 destroyers and frigates escorted by refueling vessels to head to the perimeter around Terra Libertia to search and interdict any Shepnukistan vessel and to track any Shepnukistan aircraft headed for Terra Libertia.

The Government determined to prevent the uparming of the Diocese has ordered the 6 destroyers and 6 frigates to support the Shinra Republic's vessels in an attempt to prevent advanced arms to head for Terra Libertia. The Emperor is understandably furious that arms such as the BTR-90 reached Terra Libertia. The ships will form a chain from Byzantium to Terra Libertia monitoring everything that heads to Terra Libertia from Shepnukistan.

EDIT: Added more detail
Last edited by Fingolfin_Noldor on 2008-05-24 12:52pm, edited 3 times in total.
Kreia
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

IHS Press Release

The International Humanist Society in response to the recent pronouncements from the MESS has released a public statement:

"We consulted with all of our workers and pilots, and we made the decision to continue to fly food and medical aid into Terra Libertopia directly, and damn the dangers. For every minute one of our planes sits idle on the tarmac in Adrianopolis, being "inspected" by the MESS, a child dies of malnutrition in Libertopia, and we agreed that we couldn't live with ourselves if we let that happen." -- IHS Head Howard Clark.

MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Blackbeard Program Report September 4, 2010

So far, 80% of all contracted missiles have been delivered; with the numbers breaking down as:

8 x Battalions (Red Technocracy); 768 missiles
8 x Battalions (UKB); 768 missiles
8 x Battalions (Shroomania); 768 missiles
8 x Battalions (Canissia); 768 missiles
8 x Battalions (Pezookia); 768 missiles
8 x Battalions (Zor); 768 missiles
8 x Battalions (New Patria); 768 missiles
8 x Battalions (Duchy of Langley); 768 missiles
8 x Battalions (Shepnukistan) ; 768 missiles

For a total of 72 Battalions and 6,912 missiles.

Block III Beards have also entered production, with about 45% of all missiles being delivered being Block III.

Block III Beards:

MGM-174G Super Fastbeard (675 km range, Mach 2 Sea Skimmer, 600 kg warhead; anti-ship)
MGM-174H Super Fastbeard: 675 km range, Mach 2 Terrain Following, 600 kg warhead; Land Attack)
MGM-174J Super Fastbeard: 675 km range, Mach 2 Terrain Following, 330 x 1.5 kg bomblets; Land Attack)

MGM-175G Super Slowbeard (100 km range, Mach 1 Sea Skimmer; 600 kg warhead; anti-ship)
MGM-175H Super Slowbeard (100 km range, Mach 1 Terrain Following; 600 kg warhead; Land Attack)
MGM-175J Super Slowbeard (100 km range, Mach 1 Terrain Following, 330 x 1.5 kg bomblets; Land Attack)

Progress on Other Projects[/b]

Full scale production of the following systems is expected to begin by October 10, 2010 (May 27, 2008 in @):

MIM-173D Spacebeard - Light ABM/ASAT. Further evolution of the C series missiles in service with Shepnukistan and Shroomania for mass production.

MIM-178C Airbeard - Air Defense Missile conceptually similar to PATRIOT/S-300.

MIM-179C Airbeard (ER) - Air Defense Missile; takes MIM-178 and mates it to the first stage booster of MIM-173 for enhanced range.

Several orders for the Airbeard and Spacebeard have already been placed by Shroomania, and they will be the IOC customers.

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Constantinople Times

Flurry of Diplomatic Activity reported.

There were reports of talks with the Cannissian and Wilkonian ambassadors recently and what those talks brought in is anyone's guess. Right now, rumours that the OMSK alliance is collapsing has quite possibly sent shockwaves through the diplomatic community.
Kreia
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

King Arik Coyotus-I Departs for Red Technocracy

"This was planned well before the current diplomatic situation," King Coyotus-I assures public. "It is well known that Canissia and the Technocracy got along well before, and we have joint ventures. I had planned to make a courtesy call long before the current brouhaha, and I am merely sticking to the schedule."

Asked about the Shepnukistani accusations about arms suppliers to the Libertopian warlords, Arik brushed it off.

"I think Shep paid that low-rent gun smuggler to talk smack as a propaganda ploy. The Shinra Republic has been using organic airlift capabilities for this mission-- it is too high-profile and sensitive to farm out to glorified U-Haul contractors who've been watching too many "A-Team" DVDs."
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Bear Republic: Fort's Hadrian, Callahan, and Stanford are under seige. Following recent "bandit" activity mercinaries opperating in Terra Libertopia have gone into trade with the as of yet unknown Soma Traffikers, while the Sultan and the Jihadists agree that the Soma traffikers are a grave threat to Islam, and that Soma is forbidden like the consumption of Alcohol, the chaos is preventing anyone from doing anything about the growing menace.

This situation has now acerbated to the point where The Republic's forts are now cut off from sea and land transport due to heavily armed "Bandits" and "Pirates" even air transport is currently risky given the current appearance of light Surface to Air missiles amoung the Bandits and Pirates.

Exactly what measures the Republic will take to ensure the safety of their citizens is unknown at this hour, and being hotly debated in the senate.

picture showing the location of BR humanitarian bases in Terra libertopia in light blue. Hadrian the largest of the Air Bases appears to be the one experiencing the heavist opposition.

Last edited by The Yosemite Bear on 2008-05-24 12:51pm, edited 1 time in total.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Meanwhile...

A Shroomanian spy plane lifts off for destinations unknown...

SOFIA
Shroomanian Office - Fungal Intelligence Agency

The Director was musing. Evilly.

"The disintegration of the OMSK Pact will have enormous ramifications throughout the diplomatic community," he said to no one in particular.

Actually, he was talking to ten telescreens.

"Though we all fear the implications, how it may allow the MESS to become the single 'superpower' of the world, I believe that the disintegration of the OMSK may be a good thing for us all. The disintegration of the OMSK will mean the loosening of the MESS. Without their chief competitor, they will grow slack. Compared to the OMSK, the MESS has always been more loose - with Rufus and Arik being the chief maverick renegades.

"With the dissolution of the OMSK, some nations in the MESS might be emboldened to make their own futures as well...

"For all we know, the former OMSK nations might join the FUN. It will strengthen us, strategically. But we may not want it. The FUN has been stable because of the relatively small egos in play. The biggest players are Shroom and Paul, and while the former is eccentric and downright queer, Paul is a model of restraint and reason.

"The addition of other variables in the form of former-OMSK nations might complicate that. A blessing as well as a curse, you could say.

"These are truly interesting times."

He killed the telescreens.

"Easly."

"Sir, our plane's survey over the Comona Islands has yielded rather interesting results..."

"Hm?"

"The Zorians have leased the territory, with the stated purpose of continuing their aerospace program. The RAR is operating out of the 'Riass Space Center' but they're not doing anything..."

"If they're not doing anything, then what are they doing?"

"They rented Comona so they could have a place near Vulpesia. Their researchers pretend they're designing spacecraft while in reality, they island hop to Vulpesia for the daily Mardi Grases."

"..."

"Yeah."

"Goddamn Zorians."

"Don't worry, sir. I have something else for you."

"What is it?"

"The Schrom Corporation is working with Byzantine Aeronautics and the RAR to produce an Advanced Tactical Fighter, it's really secretive stuff."

"Yes, I know that already."

"But do you know what the ATF looks like? Or what it's called?"

"...no."

"Now you do, sir."

Last edited by Shroom Man 777 on 2008-05-24 12:49pm, edited 5 times in total.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Shinra Republic Calls Accusations 'Ridiculous'

The Shinra Republic has announced today that accusations from alleged arms traffiker "Mister Bout" were false.

"He claims we've used his aircraft to supply material for our troops? Ridiciulous! Our ground forces have never been on an extended deployment to foreign soil, not even during joint MESS exercises. So why would we even have a need for his supposed services?"
--Shinra Republic Army spokesman

This simple fact has cast considerable doubt upon the veracity of Mister Bout's claims. Government officials further state that all recent aid shipments to Alexandria and the Shadow Empire have either been by Shinra Republic flagged ISCA merchant vessels (owned by the government) or through military or civilian government airlift.