SD.Net World(RAR!) MK III

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Astoria, PeZookia

"Yeah, the Indhopals are pretty good fellows - and they're willing to pitch in on the FASTA. More money for the moon mission," Shroom replied, loving his alliterations - and knowing fully well the financial bind PeZookia was in, with spearheading the whole FASTA initiative. "And we have to distinguish the actions of a corporation or a private party from the actions of a nation. Getting Indhopal into the FUN would be one way of allowing the Indhopals to show that they aren't ProTec... well, not all of them at least.

"And, ah, it would be one way of getting more influence with ProTec. The FUN encompasses diplomacy, security and trade and it just so happens that mercenaries happen to be Indhopal's largest export," Shroom nibbled on a cookie. "These are awesome, by the way."

"Gaining the allegiance of Indhopal leads us to ProTec and ProTec leads us Neverhood and Libertia. And speaking of which..." since Paul had brought up the issue of future FUN members, then what the hell, Shroom decided to bring it up. "Sultan Ibrahim wanted to join the FUN. What do you think about it, mang?"

Shroom tried to stifle a grin, but it was helpless. The matter was a bit humorous, but it was also downright serious. The fact that he was trying to deliver the news with such a straight face made King Paul crack up.

"Goddamn Libertopians!" the both of them said aloud at the same time.

Ah, yes. It was good to be together with old friends again.

[OOC: I will be sleeping now. It's laaaate.]
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Grand Moff Yenchin
Sith Devotee

Post by Grand Moff Yenchin »

Presidential Office, Presidential Hall, Mangka

"Tell the Navy and Coast Guard to tighten the patrol around our seas. Get all Military Police Companies and police to keep a close watch on the GENITAL branches in their area." While it was unlikely, the kidnappers still might attempt to pass into Mangka by sea. Also the last thing the President wanted was the local GENITAL members heeding some stupid call and starting to attack the bioindustry.

Of the Big Three, the FORMOSA Initiative and the Parasol Corporation at least had their own decent security branches, which pretty much could withstand violent protests and some attempts on sabatoge in the past. Pharmetics, on the other hand, with all its focus and fame on retail shops, had a few modest facilities, which weren't very well known and avoided a lot of trouble.

But it seemed that GENITAL was already acting...

"Sir? PAF-GENITAL. They're making their demands now..."

The President switched on his monitor.

"Citizens of Mangka, we of GENITAL are a peaceful group caring for the lives of the animals worldwide.

"It is our deep consideration that many labs in your universities and the Midport Bioindustrial Park use living animals as experimental material. It is our deep consideration that numerous livestock are being herded all over Mangka, only to be killed for food. It is our deep consideration that the aborginines are still granted hunting licenses so they can freely kill wildlife in the mountains of Mangka.

"This must end. We have installed a series of Sarin canisters, hidden in trains on the islandwide railway. We ensure you that we as a peaceful group don't want to use them. However, in the next 24 hours you must do the following:

1. Release all stored lab animals and livestock.
2. Halt all hunting and fishing activity. We demand 80% of the social welfare budget to be distributed by us to compensate the aboriginine hunters and people of the fishing industry.
3. The President must issue a ban on mistreatment of animals. We have prepared a draft for the President which he must accept. Not negotiable.

"After the 1st 24 hours without response we will release the 1st canister in one of the trains. Then a canister will be released each hour until we have positive response. Your trains are allowed to stop on the tracks, but attempts on evacuating any train will result in immediate release of gas on said train. Our people are on them and watching closely. They are willing to sacrifice for the greater cause.

"We hope to hear from you soon."

Yenchin took up his mug of tea and gobbled it.

Bad day.
1st Plt. Comm. of the Warwolves
Member of Justice League
"People can't see Buddha so they say he doesn't have a body, since his body is formed of atoms, of course you can't see it. Saying he doesn't have a body is correct"- Li HongZhi
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Astoria, PeZookia

"Yeah, the Indhopals are pretty good fellows - and they're willing to pitch in on the FASTA. More money for the moon mission," Shroom replied, loving his alliterations - and knowing fully well the financial bind PeZookia was in, with spearheading the whole FASTA initiative. "And we have to distinguish the actions of a corporation or a private party from the actions of a nation. Getting Indhopal into the FUN would be one way of allowing the Indhopals to show that they aren't ProTec... well, not all of them at least.

"And, ah, it would be one way of getting more influence with ProTec. The FUN encompasses diplomacy, security and trade and it just so happens that mercenaries happen to be Indhopal's largest export," Shroom nibbled on a cookie. "These are awesome, by the way."

"Gaining the allegiance of Indhopal leads us to ProTec and ProTec leads us Neverhood and Libertia. And speaking of which..." since Paul had brought up the issue of future FUN members, then what the hell, Shroom decided to bring it up. "Sultan Ibrahim wanted to join the FUN. What do you think about it, mang?"

Shroom tried to stifle a grin, but it was helpless. The matter was a bit humorous, but it was also downright serious. The fact that he was trying to deliver the news with such a straight face made King Paul crack up.

"Goddamn Libertopians!" the both of them said aloud at the same time.

Ah, yes. It was good to be together with old friends again.

[OOC: I will be sleeping now. It's laaaate.]
Paul chuckled, reminding old times. They were much simpler.

"Yes...the Sultan...", he rubbed his chin, "I'll be frank. I don't like the idea of a theocracy in the FUN. On the other hand, the Sultan may be, uh...conservative, but he's not all that unreasonable."

"We basically have two options. Hold a vote, and he may get accepted or not. If he gets accepted into the FUN, then we get a huge baggage with him - on the other hand, this may stimulate his country into reform."

"On the other hand...we may rig the vote."

Paul paused and gauged Shroom's reaction. He seemed interested.

"Uh-huh...", he said, trying to remove cookie crumbles from his pants, "Tell me more"

"We could agree with remaining FUN countries to, ah...express certain reservation about the Sultanate...you know, human rights stuff, stability, the sort of thing. Three countries would vote no, us two would vote yes, the rest would abstain. Then...then we can tell the Sultan that it's unfortunate...but in a couple of years, if he improves the situation, we can always hold another vote..."

Paul took a sip of water. He seemed deep in thought.

"Then we help him out. Aid, training, consulting...maybe even weapons. We won't be in the FUN, so if he does something stupid, he won't drag us into a proxy war. And after a few years, when he becomes a stable country, we hold another vote."

"Hell...we may not even have to rig the vote, though I'd like to dangle the carrot - that he needs just two more votes to get in, so if he tries hard...anyway, what do you think?"
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

SPS Helicopter
Off Coast of Aerelon Province

Myra Foxglove was cooperating with the authorities, and went with the Special Protective Services personnel from the King's guard detail to try to spot any type of ship that Kert Swanson's hard-core activists might be escaping on. They'd gone past dozens of larger ships, freighters and the like, but none of them seemed right.

"They wouldn't want something too big," she said, "They want something they can hide."
"Where would they hide this ship of theirs?" Chief Tigh asked, scanning the seas with powerful binoculars.

"Kert talked about an island somewhere far away, someplace suitable for colonization-- after they destroyed the world's meat and lab testing."

"Why would he care?" Tigh asked, "Why not just take his followers somewhere secure and set up their own little eden without picking fights? Chances are most of us governments would leave 'em alone."

"He's motivated by a powerful nihilistic ideology," Myra said, "He wants humanity to go back to an idealized era of natural harmony."
"That kind of pap never existed," Tigh growled. Myra looked down at the blue waters.
"I know," she said, her voice small, "But while I talked about it as an un-obtainable ideal, he talked about it like a possible reality. He said that if mankind could live in harmony with the 'beasts of the field', then man and animal would co-defend their habitat together."

"So he wants to set up a soy farm somewhere and then if any of us governments come to take him away, the lions and tigers and bears would rise to his defense? What a moron."
"Well, yeah," Myra agreed, "He's crazy, but dangerous crazy. He said he knew of a place where the natural balance of things was re-asserting itself in the absence of human interference. He wanted to destroy animal-based industries and leave the governments of the world crippled just enough that he could buy time to set up his paradise, and then he could export his vegan revolution to the world."

They flew along in silence for awhile.

"You liked him, didn't you?" Tigh asked, a knowing sneer on his face. Myra went red.
"I did," she said, "His passion and devotion to the cause... but it became obvious pretty quickly that he wanted to take control of the movement and do all this radical, violent stuff I didn't approve of," she said, "I mean, humans are animals too, and I don't want to see them harmed. It's equal rights for all."

Tigh thought about it. The girl's biggest problem was that she was naive and idealistic-- a common error among the young. Still, it was that drive to make things better that was part of what made the world go around.

"So, he knew of a place where there was no human interference, and where the animals would protect him, huh?" he said. "And that's where he'd take Jia until his master plot was done?"

"Yes," Myra said, "By the time he told me all this, it was obvious we were through. He didn't trust me any more; he figured I was too soft... not dedicated enough. He never told me where this paradise colony would be; he just called it 'Eden', or sometimes 'Animaltopia'."

Tigh looked at a map of the world. If Swanson's plan was to release hoof-and-mouth disease on the world's livestock, it would be a couple weeks before symptoms became evident... he'd have plenty of time to make his escape, so the island could be anywhere. Except that he'd kidnapped Miss Jia, and set things rolling immediately. Was it a crime of opportunity, to grab Jia? Or had there always been a plan to grab some high-value target all along, make demands, and set the whole thing into motion?

The world was already in a panic about the Jenova's Witnesses, Tigh figured, He may have felt this was the best time to move...

They widened the search, and kept hoping.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

The room was empty. The only thing inside it was a young women handcuffed to a chair. The door opened and two armed men entered.

"Wake up bitch!"-one of the men said.

"Don't talk to her like that."-the other man said, "The Shadow Emperor is coming to see her and if what I heard is true you don't want him to hear you."

"I am afraid it's a bit late for that."- a voice said behind them. The two men turned around to see God Emperor Shady and two members of the Death Guard standing next to the door.

"Get out, both of you, before i change my mind"-the Emperor shouted.

"Yes Sir!"- the Shroomanian soldiers said and left the room.

The Emperor raised his hand and the Death Guard left the room and closed the door behind them. He turned around and looked at Elena, her eyes were full of tears and she couldn't stop crying.

"I am sorry Master, i have failed you."- she said.

"Yes you have. I am very disappointed in you. Your betrayal hurts me, deep inside but i understand why you did it, your sister..."-Elena looked at him and he could see that she was in pain.

"You know."-she said, "How?

"I have my ways."-Shady said, "I am willing to forgive you, because i know that you decided to spare my life even if it did almost cost you the life of your sister."

"I am sorry."- Elena said tears running down her cheeks, "I didn't want to hurt anyone. They said that if i didn't kill the Shroomanian they would kill her...and...you..."

"It's ok, I understand."-Shady said, "Calm down, we have more pressing matters to discuss, we will speak of this later."

"Yes Master, i must tell you, the SERPENT."- she spoke with an urgent tone which made Shady nervous.

"Tell me everything you know."-he said.

"They want to kill the FUN leaders. I was sent after Prime Minister Shroom but there are others. A group has been sent after King Paul. They think that by eliminating the two of them, they can destroy the FUN."-she said.

"Oh Shit"- Shady said with a look of anger and terror on his face, "Goddamn motherfuckers, Shroom is with Paul, they can hit two birds with one stone. I must warn them."

Shady ran out of the room.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Location: Astoria, PeZookia, in the vicinity of the Royal Palace

A group of three vehicles was approaching the forward entrance into the Royal Palace. They stopped at the checkpoint. A PeZokian soldier approached the lead car.

"Your papers please, what is the purpose of your visit?"

"We have a meeting with the King."

The driver gave the soldier a document.

"I was not informed that the King will be receiving anyone."

"He isn't." The driver said and shot the PeZookian soldier. There was no sound just the barrel of silenced pistol.

Two men rushed out and hid the soldier. One of them already dressed in a PeZookian uniform took his place. The cars continued on their way and were soon stopping in front of the Royal Palace.

Thirty attackers armed with various weapons including grenades and explosives rushed out and opened fire on the Palace guards. Three of them fell dead instantly and the fourth soon after. They rigged the doors with explosives and prepared themselves. Their mission was simple 'Kill the King and the Prime Minister', they didn't expect to get out alive.

"Blow it!"

PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Royal Palace, Astoria

"...and these are baked right here, in a little countryside bakery...", Paul's explanation of why, exactly, the cookies were so awesome was interrupted by sounds of a shootout from outside the palace.

The BOR wasted no time. Security was extremely tight at the palace - both because of prior attempts on the King's life and, of course, the visit of the Prime Minister. Four agents rushed into the Fireplace Room, their submachine guns already drawn. Without saying anything, they grabbed both their King and the Prime Minister, and moved them outside, onto the corridor leading towards the back of the palace.

The palace shook when the charges exploded, ripping the heavy oaken doors from their frame and slamming them inside, the shrapnel wounding dozens of people assembled in the lobby. The shockwave of the explosion caused the heavy crystal chandelier to rip itself loose from the ceiling and fall to the floor, smashing itself into a thousand little pieces.

It was then when the attack took a turn for the worse for the attackers.

It wasn't that the attackers were stupid ; Far from it. But they were expendable, and expendable people were not the best soldiers. And, since the dangers of assassination were very real, there were people watching the palace courtyard. Very dangerous people.

Leader of the attackers, a tall man, with blonde hair and imposing musculature, watched as his men filed inside the palace, shooting anything that moved. It satisfied him, how good it was going. For all the vaunted security, this place wasn't that hard to get into.

He turned around to get one last look at the courtyard. It was then when a police sniper, watching the courtyard as part of a security detail, shot the man right in the face.

It went unnoticed for the moment, however. The attackers, pumped up on adrenaline, rushed inside the palace, with glass and crystal crunching under their feet. They ran, towards the Fireplace Room, occasionally shooting a civilian who moved a bit too much.

But the palace was huge, with long, winding corridors with little cover. And the deeper they went in, the more risky the entire thing became, and the more time security had to evacuate their targets.

Nevertheless, the team has managed to reach the Fireplace Room virtually unopposed. Triumphant, they started setting breaching charges on the heavy door, not worrying where their leader was.

"Hurry up, goddammit!", one of the attackers screamed at his comrades, looking around. The door were located on a corridor, and there was absolutely no cover to be had.

Then it happened. A BOR reaction team appeared from one side, and the corridor was instantly filled with bullets. They didn't even bother calling for them to surrender.

The firefight was vicious, with no cover available. Bullets struck walls and people, grenades exploded filling the corridor with deadly shrapnel. The attackers, motivated as they were, started falling back.

They were running out of time.

Cursing loudly and supporting their wounded, the attackers had to abandon the door and retreat. Two BOR officers were laying on the floor, dead or wounded - nobody could tell. The attack team lost six men, seven if you count their leader.

They retreated to the Press Room, now wrecked beyond recognition, and established a makeshift barricade. Leaderless, they had no idea what to do next.

And with every passing second, more and more heavily armed security flooded into the palace. There were close to a hundred police officers all around the area, more than fifty BOR and Shroomanian security officers, rooftop snipers and a CT team on standby.

"Fuck! Fuck, what do we do now?!", screamed one of the attackers - young and impressionable, he was recruited into the organization under the promise of wealth and action. Not this.

"I don't know!", shouted the highest-ranked surviving attacker.

"The window! That's our way out!", the young guy pointed towards the heavily draped windows at the back of the Press Room.

Without thinking or disputing further, they broke the windows with several quick bursts from their SMGs. The windows shattered, and they started jumping out of the press room - now only wanting to get out, as fast as possible.

The first man to jump out of the room was shot in the chest. The second managed to drop to the ground, but died shortly thereafter. The window, it turned out, led back outside to the courtyard - covered by police snipers.

As the attackers retreated hastily into the press room, a megaphone called out.

"You are completely surrounded! Lay down your weapons and surrender now, or you will all die."

It was far easier to fantasize about a glorious death than actually face it - it was obvious the security forces would be able to kill them all with ease. None of the attackers wanted to die like rats, hunted.

A brief row followed. The attack team soon fragmented, split into two groups. One wanted to surrender, the other - go out in a blaze of glory.

They almost fought between themselves, but PeZookians forced their hand by launching tear gas canisters into the room. It was time.

Out of twenty live and combat-capable attackers, fifteen decided to go down fighting. They charged out from the press room, straight into assault rifle fire of the BOR reaction team. Their very mass managed to gain them them a dozen meters before every one of them lay dead.

The other five attackers threw down their weapons and left the Press Room, their hands held high. It was when they saw the sheer number of security and police arrayed there, when they understood how poorly planned the whole thing was.

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:Imperial Chronicles

"Just when you think that one crazy cult is bad enough, more nonsense appears out of no where. We now have a bunch of crazy militant environmentalists, and what not," the Emperor grumbled.

He was having dinner with President Rufus, under the raining sky. The atmosphere was as gloomy as it can get, and lightning struck the sky.

"So what do you plan to do with the latest threat? I have already instructed my security forces to look out for these maniacs, though they have their hands full with the chaos the Jenova's Witnesses have caused," asked the Emperor.
"The police and military have set up barricades and are checking everyone who goes near any herd areas. Anyone found with the FMD will be tried as terrorists and, if found guilty, sentenced to death. I won't stand bio-terrorism. This so-called 'animal rights' group has been declared a terrorist organization. We're rounding up and investigating members now. If they're a part of the 'Armed Faction' they will be suitably charged. If not, well, they're in for a huge scare, but we'll let them go. Hopefully it'll teach them to be more mindful of the organizations they join."

==================

National Command Center, Shinra Republic

Vice Admiral Unther stared at a map of Nova Terra, trying to figure out just where those crazies would go. They'd received word from Canissia that the PAF-GENITAL was apparently trying to escape to some island called "Eden". Now it was up to the rest of them to figure out just where they were going to go.

They were, luckily, not a whole lot of possibilities. Terra Libertia was far too dangerous; if they weren't rounded up by some independent warlord faction, the "governments" of the area would not be offering them sanctuary; they'd turn them over to keep in the world's good graces. Zablania was also not likely: that charred wasteland would not appeal to a group such as this.

But there are all sorts of little islands out there, and even some of the nations that are nominally in the FUN haven't been heard from much...

He picked up the phone to the CNO. He knew the MESS was in on this. He decided that it would doubtless help if the FUN were to help join the search. They'd need lots of recon to try and spot some new settlement popping up, or boats going where they shouldn't be. It'd be much better with some more help.

=======================

Neve Tikveh, People's Republic of Canissia

Supervisory Special Agent Thomas Seng of the Shinra Republic's SIS stepped off the plane and got into a waiting Shinra embassy staff car. Their destination was the Special Protective Service building. There they would offer their assistance to the Canissian government in dealing with these terrorists, and gain all the information they could in tracking them down across the world, or at the very least throughout the MESS.

And, if they were lucky, maybe they'd even play a role in finding Miss Jia, the King's Consort. Agent Seng was not found of the idea behind kidnapping somebody's family and using their life as a bargaining tool. There were just some lines you didn't cross.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Presidential Palace, Austin

Lonestar leaned forward on his desk, staring at the photo of the late, unlamented Percy McMilque.

"He managed to poison several hundred head of cattle and the Mustang paddock at Big Star Rustlin' Grounds before the Béxar County Sheriff's department arrived." AG Jerry Journeau said. "Fortunately, we caught the GENITAL operatives in Fort Worth which broke the whole thing open. But..."

"Yeah, but." AG Journeau's cell(actually, it was basically a portable STE) rang. "This is the Attorney General." silence. "Any other updates? No? Thank you."

Journeau snapped the cell shut.

"That was from the DPS watch officer, they are reporting that the King Ranch in Kingsville has shot several intruders spreading a powder on their herd."

"How many head does the King Ranch have?" Lonestar was dreading the answer. It was, in fact, bigger than the island of Singapore.

"900,000. Of course, when you add up all the other King properties it comes to 6 mil or so. We've already ordered the local Sheriff Departments, DPS, and the Rangers to go out to all the large ranches and help provide security. Many of the large ranches have reported suspicious activity around their properties."

Lonestar groaned.

"How many head of Cattle does our country have?"

"About 20mil. Agricultural department has already instructed Texas A&M to send Vetrinary specialists to the likely affected herds...Hopefully we caught this in time, but...."

"Yeah. But."
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

Deutsch-Dusseldorf Fregency News

New Joint UAR Missile Family Accepted into Service!

In a joint ceremony today outside of New Basrah, Saddam the Great and President Sheppard unveiled the tenth production MGM-191C Land Attack Missile (LAM).

In a speech following the unveiling, Saddam revealed to the world that no less than five MGM-191s had been deployed to UAR forces throughout the world and were fully armed and operational with up to twenty thermonuclear devices in each MGM-191C. Additionally, due to the necessity of training UAR Launch battery personnel, over the next couple of months, no less than three MGM-191 test flights are planned.

Further development of the missile family is expected.

SIDEBAR: MGM-191C Land Attack Missile

Released photograph of MGM-191C in flight

The MGM-191C is the final operational version of the Nukistani/Saddamistani SLAM program, which began several years ago with the flight test of the sub-scale PQM-183 model, followed by the full up flight test of the PQM-184 test vehicle.

Specs
Length: 88 Feet (26.8m)
Weight: 60,780 lbs (27,540 kg)
Range Option 1: 11,500 nautical miles at cruise speed of Mach 3.5 at 1,000 feet
Range Option 2: 98,300 nautical miles at cruise speed of Mach 4.2 at 30,000 feet
Armament: Multiple unspecified nuclear devices; reportedly up to 26.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Anacostia, Republic of Nukistan.

Fucking weaklings. I always have to do it myself. Garner thought. Save the world from a nuclear holocaust? Toss the blond off the bridge? Execute these terrorist fucks?

In fact, RoN National Police had stormed every animal-rights group in the country, and then with the intel gathered stormed every likely GENITAL cell(and even some that weren't likely). The survivors had been gathered here, to Anacostia square.

They'd been shackled to the cobblestones, and when President Garner gave the order many had paled. Garner, in a rage, took control of the detail himself.

He looked out of the cupola of his M1A3 one more time, drained his bottle of Grappa, threw it on the ground, and screamed "ROLL OUT!" pointing at the terrorists to be executed.

The Tanks moved forward to do their work.

"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Dateline:

Another earthquake, resulted in a formerly submerged vocano between Lonestar and the Republic going active. the Lava plume surfaced and created an irragular jagged tropical island between the territorial waters of three nations. While the steam still hasn't cleared over the less then a mile wide speck of glass and lava rock, arguements have already been raised about who owns the damn thing. Not to mention what they will call it.

Senate fighting continues over various extremist groups, With the Naturalist party filed a lawsuit against GENITAL today for making them look bad. Then complaining that people weren't taking them seriously. (As they filed more briefs whilst wearing naught but thongs and g-strings)

Also in news today, Animal rights terrorists attempted to free Alexandrian Fighting birds from the Republic's nature preserve/zoo today. they were killed by the flightless birds.
Last edited by The Yosemite Bear on 2008-06-20 08:44pm, edited 1 time in total.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Nukistani Presidental Residence

"So, what's going on with all this GENITAL crap and shit?" asked President Sheppard.

"No idea, your random bunch of loonies threatening armageddon unless they get their way and throw us all back to the stone age," replied Colonel Trautman, Sheppard's new presidental aide.

"What can we do about it?"

File Photo of Col Trautman

"There's one option, sir. His name came out of the computers as one of the three most able to complete the job."

"You don't mean?"

"Yes, sir, I mean John Shroombo. A pure fighting machine with only a desire to win a war that someone else lost. If winning means he has to die, he'll die. No fear, no regrets."

"I almost pity the GENITAL people."

"That indeed, I do sir."
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Imperial Palace
Tian Xia

"Henrietta is here to see you, sir," Liz said over the intercom.

"Show her in," Beowulf replied. The door to his office opened. A slim young-looking woman stood there.

"Ah, Henrietta. I have a job for Public Security."

"Permanent, or temporary?"

"Preferably temperorary. Want to give at least the illusion of a fair trial for them before we shoot them. Also, some of them may just be innocent college students who are in it for the booty."

"Your will be done."

"Go, and round up members of GENITAL."

---

Macau

Members of Public Security Section two had surrounded the house, out of sight of the occupants. All were equipped with protective gear. They received the go signal over their personal radios. As one, they moved towards the house, and were immediately taken under fire. Snipers previously positioned took out the gunmen, allowing the teams to continue. It was obvious than any attempt at covertness was blown. At the front door, the second man in the stack swung a battering ram at the door, smashing it open. The point man rushed through the door, ballistic shield protecting him. In the hallway behind the door, a PAF-GENITAL member screamed, "You'll never take me alive, carnivores!" The team's response was to riddle him with the submachine guns they carried.

The team entering the back of the house was momentarily slowed by the sliding glass door. A sledge hammer quickly opened an entryway, the tough clothing of the team protecting them from the jagged glass. The teams quickly cleared the house with flashbangs and beanbag rounds. No one else put up a fight. Several members were captured, and would be interrogated to find any other safehouses, or other members.

---

Flying K Ranch
Hyogo Prefecture

The cattle here were renowned for the quality of the beef they produced. They were also some of the most expensive cattle in the world, being fed, amongst other things, beer. The GENITAL members cared not at all for that. They had to free their bovine brethren from the cruel knives of the meat packing industry. They hadn't noticed that the entire ranch had surveillance cameras. By the time they had gotten out of their cars, Public Security had been notified, with a helicopter response team already winging it way towards them.

"Hey, you guys hear that?"

"Shit! It's a chopper. Everybody act cool. Usagi, grab the RPG, and stay in the car."

The chopper flew closer towards them, coming to a stop a couple hundred yards away. Ropes dropped down from it.

"Usagi, shoot them!"

Usagi performed her last action on Nova Terra, launching the RPG towards the helicopter. The backblast broiled her alive, and destroyed the car, along with the deadly cargo inside. The RPG missed the helicopter, by quite a distance. A window mounted machine gun returned fire to the terrorists. Not much was left after the machinegun was through, but the team dropped down anyway, and looked for survivors. They'd be useful for interrogation, after the docs patched them up a bit.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

F-111J Operational

The new IRT F-111J heavy multirole aircraft has entered service along with the new very-long-range Advanced Air-Launched Missile...
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

RogueIce wrote:"The police and military have set up barricades and are checking everyone who goes near any herd areas. Anyone found with the FMD will be tried as terrorists and, if found guilty, sentenced to death. I won't stand bio-terrorism. This so-called 'animal rights' group has been declared a terrorist organization. We're rounding up and investigating members now. If they're a part of the 'Armed Faction' they will be suitably charged. If not, well, they're in for a huge scare, but we'll let them go. Hopefully it'll teach them to be more mindful of the organizations they join."
"Well then, I think I shall not outstay my visit, especially when clearly you have your hands full dealing with the rabble. I should get my own security forces working on dealing with these barbaros. I will head off for PeZookia tomorrow morning, pending good weather."

The two drank down their wine and shook hands.

Later in the Emperor's quarters, "The Crusaders are still loose cannons, so we can't use use them yet. But get the IBIA and the police to start rounding up all the GENITAL scum," the Emperor told the adviser.

"Yes sire."
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Constantinople Times

First 2 battalions of Loara deployed. 2 Buk-M3 battalions deployed. All units to be issued with HMMWV equiped with AMRAAM missiles

In an effort to boost division and brigade level defence against air attacks, 2 battalions of Loara, and another 2 Buk-M3 battalions will be deployed to the Imperial Kataphrateoi and Tagmata. HMMWV equiped with AMRAAM missiles will also be issued, along with the necessary radar.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Random GENITAL jungle compound somewhere....

"Oh god! Don't kill me!"

"Where are your leaders?"

"Oh god, everythings in the book over there, don't kill me!"

*necksnap*

"I lied."

RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

MESS Carrier Battlegroup Begins Workups

The MS Illustrious (CVN 1) and her battlegroup have begun initial workups off the north coast of Byzantium after being refitted following purchase from the United Kingdom of Blackadder. The joint MESS naval unit is composed of crews from all member states of the MESS, and operates on orders from the MESS Administrative Council. The following ships are a part of the Illustrious Battlegroup:

MS Illustrious (CVN 1)
MS Phoenix (CG 1)
MS Centaur (CG 2)
MS Tireless (DDG 1)
MS Undaunted (DDG 2)
MS Relentless (DDG 3)
MS Vigilant (DDG 4)

Additionally, three nuclear-powered attack submarines were donated to the joint MESS command from the Wilkonian Imperial Navy:

MS Unseen (SSN 1) - former SSN-502 Alessandra Ambrosio
MS Ambush (SSN 2) - former SSN-504 Josie Maran
MS Audacious (SSN 3) - former SSN-509 Molly Sims

MESS military officials indicate that the carrier and her battlegroup will likely be stationed in the People's Republic of Canissia.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Royal Palace, Astoria

Paul was sitting, a bit dizzy. A paramedic was stitching together a rather bad cut on his forehead - result of a rather hasty evacuation. Funny, he thought, it would've been easier to bear had I got it from shrapnel or something, rather than a fucking door frame.

His wife was nearby, as was Shroom. Procedure called for all the important guests to evacuate the palace untill security details ensured it was secure, but Paul decided to stay. He was tired of hiding and running and getting shoved around by anybody with money or an axe to grind.

The palace - at least the parts where the fighting took place - was in horrible shape, with bullet holes and burn marks littering the beautiful corridors.

When the paramedic was done, Paul thanked him and got up.

"Fuck", was all he could say, watching paramedics help the wounded civilians, "This has got to stop!"

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

LIVE on ShroomSat/StratTV
The Sovereign Shroomanian Sentinel
ASTORIA ASSASSIN ASSAULT

Breaking news! Thirty or so gunmen have stormed the Royal Palace in Astoria in an attempt to take the lives of King Paul and Prime Minister Shroom. A brief but vicious gun battle ensued as the assassins fought their way into the very center of the Royal Palace before they were eventually taken down by the efforts of PeZookian security forces.

The latest attempt on the FUN leaders' lives has once again been foiled as BOR and the Shroomanian Secret Service agents spared no time in transferring the two leaders to a safe but undisclosed location.

The would-be assassins have been neutralized after a standoff in the Royal Palace's Press Room. Out of the thirty or so attackers, only five have been captured alive.

*click*

Royal Palace, Astoria

Shroom turned the TV off. He didn't need some journos talking about him when he was in frickin' ground zero.

He was sitting with Paul's wife, Agatha, and Paul returned to them with a bandage on his head. The King sat down on the couch with them and they were all, like, in shock or something.

Paul exclaimed and cursed at the goddamned situation, and his wife tried to console him, and so did Shroom - who knew that his friend was under constant pressure, and was in more danger of a breakdown than Shroom himself.

Paul was the one who had a stroke in Atlantis, and while Shroom's mental illnesses were played for laughs, Paul's problems were actually worrying other world leaders.

"I think I'm gonna have a conference after they wash the blood off the Press Room," Shroom offered. "If you don't mind, of course."

Paul nodded his head.

"I'm gonna tell them that due to these technical difficulties, my tour is gonna be delayed for a day, but it will continue despite the actions of these locos." Shroom continued. "I'm not gonna have my trip to PeZookia ruined by these pricks, hell no. We're gonna show these dicks what for."

He squeezed Paul's shoulder.

"Everything's gonna be fine, man. We've got to keep up a brave face on things, show our resolution and resolve. We can't let these terrorists or anarchists change the way we act - or else we'll play right into their hands. We have to prove to the world that they're wrong."

Shroom remembered how Shep's brains were splattered all over the Atlantis Conference Hall. How his brains got onto the donuts.

The Prime Minister ate it all up then.

Now, Shroom picked up a cookie from the plate that was on the table. Oddly enough, the cookies weren't disturbed in the brief firefight.

As then, he ate the snack food. Chewed it up, had it crumble in his mouth, savoring the taste before swallowing it.
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Royal Palace, Astoria

Paul raised his head, listening to Shroom. This wasn't like him...then again, he appreciated the support.

"Yeah...these fuckers will pay for what they've done. They murdered a lot of good people today. And for what? Christ, they shot journalists in the corridors..."

Paul also took a cookie from the platter. The momentary bout of depression seems to have passed.

"We got five of them alive. They will talk, and they will point us to their superiors...and then we'll make them talk, too...and, when we finally get to the core of it, those assholes will hang."

Paul's monologue seems to have scared his wife a bit: she has never seen her husband so enraged. But those were his people those terrorists have murdered: and people he knew and worked with, too. Some of his closest staff was wounded in the attack: Kamila was in the Press Room, Karol was entertaining the guests in the lobby. Both of them were shot.

Paul turned to Shroom.

"Yeah...this is a good idea. They will see that no matter what they do, they can't defeat us...and while you get prepared, I need to have a chat with the Interior Minister."

Paul stormed off, followed closley by a retinue of heavily armed BOR officers.

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Royal Palace, Astoria

King Paul stormed off, followed closely by a retinue of heavily armed BOR officers.

The Prime Minister was left in the safe room, alone with Queen Agatha. The two of them exchanged worried glances, looking at the departing figure of King Paul. Then the Queen's own people came and took her somewhere else.

Shroom sighed - the reality of the situation was hitting him hard. He had seen too much of this, and it wasn't what he had bargained for, not by a long shot.

He got off his ass as he finished the last of the cookies and began wandering around the ruined hallways. Most of the dead and injured had been carted off to the hospital, the only evidence of them left being the bloodstains, the smell of cordite and the spent shell casings...

It didn't matter if they hadn't succeeded in killing either Paul or Shroom, or Agatha. They had succeeded in attacking the PeZookian king personally in a blow that couldn't be analyzed or measured statistically.

Shroom went around, joined by his retinue of SSS men. It was like some kind of bizzare tour of the Royal Palace, and he instructed his men to aid those who needed help.

He found a framed picture on the floor. The glass was broken, but the frame and the picture itself was intact. It was a picture of one of Paul's predecessors - his grandfather, perhaps, or even his old man. The man was surrounded by little children, and Shroom tried to find Paul amongst them.

Then he realized that the old PeZookian king in that picture was apparently surrounded by kindergarten students from a Catholic all-girls school.

"Huh?" he placed the picture on a desk.

"Sir, are you alright?" his aide, Alison, walked over to him.

"Yeah..." Shroom answered. "Hey, I'm gonna have a conference in the Press Room. Can you help arrange it for me?"

"Yes sir," she nodded. "Sir... what's going to happen?"

"I don't know. I'm not really sure..."
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Royal Palace, Astoria

"If we activate both divisions and some reserves, we could establish enough checkpoints to do that, yes.", the Interior Minister was conferring with his King over measures which needed to be taken in order to capture the planners of the attacl, "Though I personally suspect the planners are long out of the country."

"Nevertheless, I want you to do that. Travel restrictions will also be instituted according to Plan SORROW. We'll suspend the freedom of movement within the FUN, too."

"Sire, Sorrow calls for restricting travel only to those who have permits. The bureaucracy won't be able to handle it, and the chance to actually apprehend anybody is miniscule. There will be long lines, and the people won't like it."

"I know, minister - the idea is to prevent any other destabilizing attacks. SORROW will remain in force for two weeks, by royal edict. Do we know anything about the attackers?"

"Yes, sire - quite a bit, in fact. They've stayed in Astoria for two weeks before the attack, and their weapons were smuggled into PeZookia by a man we know quite a bit about. The police are bringing him in for questioning right now."

"For once they didn't rob a weapons stash...how's security on those, by the way?"

"Tight. We've reduced the number of stashes and tightened the procedures, so that any stash is within five minutes of a police precinct or a military base. Any access to the storage rooms will send signals to the authorities, so maintenance has to be called in beforehand...but overall, it's a good enough trade-off."

"Good. There's one last thing, minister."

"Yes, sire?"

"The Prime Minister will continue his visit. Have the police do house-by-house searches in the areas we'll be driving through. Search all protesters, too, and confiscate anything larger than a pocket knife."

"Already underway, sire."

"Untill Shroom leaves, all protests are suspended. The protesters can return to their lodgings or tent fields, and stay there."

The Minister nodded and wrote down the edit. He thought these measures to be overly restrictive, but then again - he wasn't the one in constant danger of assassination.

"See to it those orders are carried out. I will be in the Press Room."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Royal Palace, Press Room

The tear gas residue was washed away by firemen with high-powered hoses ; New folding chairs were brought in from storage, and the smashed windows were temporarily covered by thick tarp. You could still hear everything that happened in the palace courtyard, with shouting, ambulances and varous government vehicles coming and going.

Still, the palace staff - while still visibly shaken - brought in fresh PeZookian and Shroomanian flags and hung new draperies in the background. TV crews installed two cameras in the room, and journalists - hopped up on coffee and calming drugs - started filing into the room, directed there by staffers. They wondered what it was all about.

Then they saw Alison, the Prime Minister's aide. She walked up to the podium - still showing bullet holes - adjusted the microphone and announced.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Prime Minister Shroom of the Sovereignty of Shroomania would like to make a statement."

She motioned to the side, and Shroom found himself again under a barrage of camera flash lamps.

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Royal Palace, Astoria

The Prime Minister stood there, in the ruined Press Room, and wondered how exactly he was gonna go about this. All he had was a little piece of toilet paper wherein he had written a bunch of doodles.

Nonetheless, it was time to be daring and decisive.

"Ladies and gentlemen," he began after the journos quieted down. "People of PeZookia, my friends and allies in the Fungal Union of Nations..."

"What has just happened here in the Royal Palace, the event that ended within this Press Room... it was a horrible thing," Shroom had no better words to describe it. "Once more I have witnessed violence first-hand, once more have assassins attempted to take my friend's life. Though King Paul and Queen Agatha are unharmed, many of their people, their friends and those who work with them here in the Royal Palace, have been hurt.

"To the families, friends and loved ones of those affected by this tragedy, you have my heartfelt condolences. We are in this together now."

"But rest assured that this latest in a string of attempts at my comrade's life, this attack which has only resulted in harming innocent men and women, will not go unpunished. Those responsible will not get away, those responsible will not succeed. Like all of their past attempts - they will fail."

"I stand here in the Royal Palace to tell you all that they have not succeeded, and that they will not. I stand by my friend King Paul to support him through these times. The Shroomanian people stands with PeZookia's, and the FUN is united as one against those who would destroy our peace. We will not be deterred by these cowardly strikes. We will not be silenced by them. We will not be cowed, nor will we be swayed or stirred.

"Though times may be tough, though the nations of the New World are currently locked in a war on terror against these forces of religious fanatics and cultists, environmental terrorists and anarchists, we will not let them subdue us with fear. We must be strong and we must stand together with resolve.

"I came to PeZookia to see my friend, and I came here to visit this great country - to visit its people. I will not let these attacks stop me from doing so. I am not afraid."

Shroom decided that was enough.

"Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for your time."
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Royal Palace, Astoria

King Paul entered the press room as Shroom was finishing his speech. Almost immediately, the journos bombarded him with a barrage of questions.

He approached the podium next to Shroom, raised his hand and waited untill the commotion died down.

"Please. Ladies and gentlemen, as you can see, I am all right. The same cannot be said for many other people who were present at the palace during the attack."

"We do not yet know who is responsible, however we have captured the commander of the attacking force.", Paul lied deliberately, "Who is currently being interrogated at the Zabianka office of the Internal Security Bureau. He will be moved to a more secure detention facility in the evening."

"The people who stormed the palace today were not acting alone. The attack was planned by someone, and I only have this to tell him: you cannot hide. Wherever you go, justice will reach you."

"I would like to thank my friend and ally, Prime Minister Shroom, for his unrelenting support throughout all crises which befell out fair land. His friendship has been invaluable for PeZookia."

The journalists then asked questions, and both national leaders answered them. They weren't particularly difficult - the usual stuff you would expect here. The conference ended soon.

"What was that about the attack leader? Your guys really got him?", Shroom asked once the journos were escorted outside.

"Well, no, the idiot got himself shot. But they don't know that, do they?"

Paul smiled a wicked smile.