SD.net's World OOC/Discussion thread MK III

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

MKSheppard wrote:RICKROLL DEFEATED 8)
Ok, so you were sending him 125 tanks and 250 AFVs. And from that number we're taking away some of the surplus he can't use.

RickRoll not defeated. :D

I knew you weren't sending 6000 AFVs down to him. :wink:
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Well...um...*ponders making PeZookia a partner of the BAM so PeZook can do the maths for us...*

I guess my mangs can manage 200 orders per year?

I am pulling that out of thin air and if anyone can correct me, please do so.
Ah.. That would demand a huge industrial capacity.

I'm looking to 10 A340-200 and 20 A321s. The A321s are meant for servicing the multitude of duchies and maybe for some routes that have high traffic.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Hrm... I could lower it down to a yearly capacity of 100 (which shall be expanded). We are, after all, just starting up.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Effective at the start of next year (FY2011) I'll be seeking to expand my shipyard capacity to 1000 ths/DWT over ten years. Which means 100 ths/DWT per year if I'm reading this all right. And if memory serves I had I think 200 DWT (the maximum PeZook gave a Tsardom) and said I had around 150 ths/DWT to dedicate between various things, so I have 350 ths/DWT for the military side. Guess I spent about 300 million on shipyard upgrades somewhere. :wink:

So that means I have 1000 ths/DWT dedicated to the ISCA, and 350 ths/DWT for the military. 650 ths/DWT will bring both up to even, leaving me with 350 for the rest. Which I'll split evenly between the two, at 125 ths/DWT a pop.

So by 2021 I'll have 1125 ths/DWT for the ISCA and 1125 ths/DWT for my Navy and anything else I decide to build.

I suppose private interests could start building too, but these will be my government yards. Yes I've apparently nationalized the fuck out of everything. So sue me...except you can't. HA! :twisted:

So it'll be 200 million/year to expand for ten years, which means 2 billion total.

PeZook
I'm going to bring my Navy yards to parity first, so I won't have expanded ISCA capacity for awhile now.
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Rogue, you missed one zero :D

Your capacity is 1 million DWT (1000 thousand) right now.

Oh, and thank God you didn't pledge so much cash to ISCA. I wouldn't know what to do with all that :D
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

So what game rules are we setting for shipyard capacity? I intended from the start to make Shipbuilding a major industry in my empire, and quite a bit of money was anyhow pegged to my Trade ministry that oversees trade and development related industries anyhow. Retcon it to say that I made major upgrades in my first year? Also, unless I have a huge dockyard, it's kinda hard to service my sole carrier (at the moment).
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

The ISCA could make some nuclear ships and stuff with that money...

How much is Shroomania's shipping capacity?
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:So what game rules are we setting for shipyard capacity? I intended from the start to make Shipbuilding a major industry in my empire, and quite a bit of money was anyhow pegged to my Trade ministry that oversees trade and development related industries anyhow. Retcon it to say that I made major upgrades in my first year? Also, unless I have a huge dockyard, it's kinda hard to service my sole carrier (at the moment).
I retconned mine into being 1000 ths/DWT for ISCA/Merchant Marine, and 350 ths/DWT for the military.

It depends really on how much you expanded each year. If it wasn't too much I doubt anyone would complain. You could say you started with the high-end for your country size and went up from there, at 2 million for every ths/DWT (or our "points" for shipbuilding).

RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

PeZook wrote:Rogue, you missed one zero :D

Your capacity is 1 million DWT (1000 thousand) right now.

Oh, and thank God you didn't pledge so much cash to ISCA. I wouldn't know what to do with all that :D
I didn't miss a zero. I'm adding 100 thousand DWT a year, so in ten years I'd have 1000 thousand (1 million) more, spread between ISCA and my Navy.

Anyway, even if I did miss something (you'll have to be more specific) it's not quite as bad as you somehow getting the idea I donated 1 billion dollars. :P

That's the kind of paperwork error that gets people sent to jail. :D

Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Mr Bean wrote:
Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:Wait, how much is one of these things? Wiki says 4.5 billion for one of these carriers. Even with inflation, wouldn't it cost at most 6 billion?

I'm not going to overpay for something I could build at my own yards.
Wiki is wrong(As norma), The USS Ronald Regan cost 9.8 billion to construction. If you build ten you can get the cost down, or if you used 1970's not adjusted for inflation numbers you can get 4.5 billion.
Beowulf your breaking my balls here, breaking my balls
Globalsecurity.org wrote:When the Navy contracted with Newport News for the Reagan in 1995, the contract was estimated at about $2 billion. The cost increased by $200 million by early 1999, when the contract was rewritten with a new cost of $2.31 billion. In fiscal 2002, the Navy asked for $172 million to pay for cost growth on the Ronald Reagan. The total cost ultimately rose to about $4.5 billion.
Really?

Really, yes Really Beowulf-Bean
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Mr Bean
I'll take the last Tico and two Burkes off your hands for the $1.325 billion USD price you quoted, unless I can get a group discount on them.

NOTE:

This is seperate from the Nimitz, 2 Ticos and 4 Burkes from before. Those are all being paid jointly through the MESS and will go to some kind of unified joint command.

Since we'd still have to outfit the thing (with an SSN or two and probably an UNREP ship, and the air wing of course) we'll have some time to decide. :)

DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Yes i am a PARANOID man. :D

But i have a reason to be.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

DarthShady wrote:Yes i am a PARANOID man. :D

But i have a reason to be.
why don't you join the rest of the Bear Republic Senate. They are full of paranoid types. then again the leading cause of death amoung BR senators is actually other senators, and family members.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Bzyantium has received the carrier, Shinra will receive the Tico and Burkers

Next up on the list

Tu-160's (8) (Strategic bombers)
C-130's (10) (Heavy Transport Planes)
KC-10A's(8) (Mid-air refueling birds, with the gear to refuel most any airplane that can in mid-air)

Tanks, APC's and transports will be my last area of cost cutting.
Last edited by Mr Bean on 2008-05-30 09:10pm, edited 1 time in total.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
The Yosemite Bear

Well I could always use more airlift. :twisted:

I mean building tons of civilian and military cargo jets adn zepplins has it's expenses. BTW did anyone get the refrences on the names of the 3 zepplins?

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Hrm ... Tu-160s ... :twisted:
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

phongn wrote:Hrm ... Tu-160s ... :twisted:
Hrm... Tu-160s... :twisted:
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

One thing is I have no frigging clue what to sell the Tu-160's for, and nor does the google know. So I'm starting the bidding at 85 million each(No deals) and letting the market decide. 48 hour bidding proccess.

Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Oh and one last thing, I'm thinking of cutting my F/A-18F force from twenty squadrons(244 planes) to either 16 squadrons (192 planes) or 14 Squadrons( 168 planes)

That would place between 52 to 76 latest generation F/A-18F's on the international marketplace. I'm not definite on far I intend to cut yet.

One thing is for sure, I'm looking to downsize a third of my F-35C force, thats the carrier variant I picked up with Q-force. That's 36 planes up for sale, once I can find good pricing information on everything.

The Yosemite Bear

Note that the BR's Pentat is now pretty much keeping a near invisible profile except for their five directors, their average agents are considered a bunch of Otaku and geeks. No, they haven't stopped easdrooping on just about everything, they just aren't reporting it except to other intellegence agencies, who can do something about it. (since what they do is illegal under BR law.)

Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Ugh, sorry everyone who has sent me messages over the last seeveral days, I've been out of communication. I'll try to respond to everyhing on Saturday once I get caught up on events.
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

I'll buy the entirety of your F-35C force, Bean, if you off a sufficiently low price. I offer $1.5 billion for the lot.
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

Mr Bean wrote:Bzyantium has received the carrier, Shinra will receive the Tico and Burkers

Next up on the list

Tu-160's (8) (Strategic bombers)
C-130's (10) (Heavy Transport Planes)
KC-10A's(8) (Mid-air refueling birds, with the gear to refuel most any airplane that can in mid-air)

Tanks, APC's and transports will be my last area of cost cutting.
What model of the Hercules do you have? Are they regular E/H models, or are they the J model with the six-bladed props?

Also, those Extenders are tempting, but their MSRP (approx. US$88 million in 1998 dollars, probably over US$100 million today) is a bit much.
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Excuse me the C-130's are a mix of H and J( Super Hercules) but I do have some C-130K's as well(Four to be exact) but none of them are up for sale. So it's a mixed force of four older C-130H's and six C-130J's

The Yosemite Bear

I would like to bid on the transport planes and the mid air refuelers.

and no not so much for military use..