STGOD 2K8 mk. II Planning Thread

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Thirdfain
The Player of Games
Location: Never underestimate the staggering drawing power of the Garden State.

Post by Thirdfain »

I've got bigger plans than the summit, but thanks for the permission :)

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite.
John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - )
Lancer
Sith Marauder

Post by Lancer »

Ohma wrote:Should I just go ahead and do my thing with the traitorous stealth ship crew and see how Tanassin reacts?
Ohh, ohh, can I watch?

Oh, and ball returned to Raxmei's court, and shall the Imperial Remnants wait for formal invitations in the main thread, or just assume they arrived?
Ohma
Jedi Knight

Post by Ohma »

Lancer wrote:
Ohma wrote:Should I just go ahead and do my thing with the traitorous stealth ship crew and see how Tanassin reacts?
Ohh, ohh, can I watch?

Oh, and ball returned to Raxmei's court, and shall the Imperial Remnants wait for formal invitations in the main thread, or just assume they arrived?
Certainly, just because the message only mentions the Humanist Union doesn't mean that assistance from the DSE would be turned down by those traitorous bastards. :P
Oh, Mister Darcy! <3
We're ALL Devo!
GALE-Force: Guardians of Space!
"Rarr! Rargharghiss!" -Gorn
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

The Kushawni are now offically back in the game...

Let it be know any who come knocking will find them a much more gaurded and suspicious people. Do not think lightly of them, for they have been humilated once, and shall not let such a thing happen again.
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

Thirdfain has bigger connivations than the summit? oh boy. Oh and welcome back thirdfain.
STGOD SDNW4 player. Chamarran Hierarchy Catgirls in space!
Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

I've posted my reply to the traitorous stealth ship. Brookes is a bit of a firebrand (a bit like Integra Hellsing, with whom she shares the cigar habit...), but she'll play ball. :P

Also, Ohma, feel free to PM me about this if you want to work out stuff beforehand.

Edit: As to nominations, I'd be glad to accept and help out, provided no one minds.
Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

Ok, so two points of order to go over

Number one: Mod voting. I am making a thread. I am going to put up myself and Darkevil in the OP. Vote for 3, give super-mod preference, I'll track the votes and totals in the OP.

Number two: Although it seems pretty early to talk about, within the first 3 turns we may have a faction death/dissolution. Whether its a failed plot by harmonius syndicalists making A-wing and me monkeystomp on Thirdfain, Anyone participating in that mess up north, or the Dawn's Empire general using the wrong fork at a peace conference and the dominatrixiat and them pound each other to death (and now that these stupid events can't happen) someone may face the possibility of having their first faction defeated. This is a good thing. There is no prize at the end. Now, if you want to put up a kitty, i'll happily embezzle the money and make fun of you for betting on cops and robbers. But that being said, if you die, take it with grace, edit your factions history, tell of your glorious (or ignominious) demise, and get to writing in new OOB. There are hundreds of Imperial Remnant societies that are always on the cusp of being a great power, and barbarian groups that only need some direction to threaten the major Remnant powers. Even a few aliens lurk in the corners, scrappy survivors of the Xenopurges and ready to step back up, now that the Imperial threat is gone. I think we have a very good, very lively setting here, and don't want to see it bogged down because people are afraid to lose their factions.
A teenage girl is just a teenage boy who can get laid.
-GTO

We're not just doing this for money; we're doing this for a shitload of money!
Ohma
Jedi Knight

Post by Ohma »

I think you three would make fine mods. And man, even if my ships hanging around in Kushawni space don't bite it, there's going to be some major shit hitting fans once news of what's happened reaches Bara, and it's going to be AWESOME!

Tan: I'll start doing that when it's something kinda' major like one of my ships defecting. Um, I think that the Sonya Olschanezky may be close enough to hear the message, and may try to blow up the YK before you can get anyone off of it...though they may also just run the fuck away since the Victor Aliyev is about three times as powerful as the Sonya.
Oh, Mister Darcy! <3
We're ALL Devo!
Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

Well, if you want to, feel free to send a ship in, though I'll mention that the Vic's not alone in-system (as kinda hinted at in-post) and that the Union would frown heavily on a visit from a warship. To say nothing of how Brookes will take it. :P
Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

One more agenda for today (I'm getting shit done for this), would anyone like to play any mini-factions? I am thinking 250-700 points of fleet, 10-25 points of planets, and 100 points of factional specific abilities. You could be minor barbarian power, an uppity Remnant, a prissy annoying former trade world, etc.
It would allow you to make another mini-OOB, play a faction much different than what you have created as you main faction, and cause a lot of action.
-GTO

Ohma
Jedi Knight

Post by Ohma »

Dark Hellion wrote:One more agenda for today (I'm getting shit done for this), would anyone like to play any mini-factions? I am thinking 250-700 points of fleet, 10-25 points of planets, and 100 points of factional specific abilities. You could be minor barbarian power, an uppity Remnant, a prissy annoying former trade world, etc.
It would allow you to make another mini-OOB, play a faction much different than what you have created as you main faction, and cause a lot of action.
Count me in for one if you decided to have them.
Tanasinn wrote:Well, if you want to, feel free to send a ship in, though I'll mention that the Vic's not alone in-system (as kinda hinted at in-post) and that the Union would frown heavily on a visit from a warship. To say nothing of how Brookes will take it.
Well the Sonya is inbound and glowing like...uhh...something...really bright. In all probability they'll get blowed up real good, my only question is would you rather have the traitors stick around or get exploderized?
Oh, Mister Darcy! <3
We're ALL Devo!
Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

Well, the Vic's sent a shuttle the traitors' way so that they might be spoken to on more personal grounds, but I could go either way on the exploderization: do what you think makes more sense/is more fun considering the situation. :)
Ohma
Jedi Knight

Post by Ohma »

Tanasinn wrote:Well, the Vic's sent a shuttle the traitors' way so that they might be spoken to on more personal grounds, but I could go either way on the exploderization: do what you think makes more sense/is more fun considering the situation. :)
I think I'll go with the Sonya getting destroyed by either your or Lancer's ships. They should be pretty visible on sensors since they're just flying full power back towards the Kawashima.
Oh, Mister Darcy! <3
We're ALL Devo!
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

On the subject of mini factions i've got an idea for a second OOB who i might want to play as one.
Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

I have a backup idea that I've been working on as well, though I might do a "Humanist Remnant" if the HU gets pummeled.
Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

I may come up with an example mini-OOB and then put up a thread today. I hope. I still have a ton of my OOB i need to fill in. I would like them to have a thread of their own, because most of the interactions with the main factions will be mild, but they can interact with each other very easily.
-GTO

Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

Ok, so a few orders of business for the planning thread today.

Number one, while it seems it is already happening this way, I would like to have it so that the OOC thread is for all out of context stuff and all story issues, the planning thread is used for mechanical issues. Thanks.

Number two, I am going to try to start my Summit this weekend. Most likely Friday and Saturday since I have those days off. Don't worry if you aren't in for the opening ceremonies, I plan on having it last the rest of turn one. Just get there whenever.

Number 3, I would like to end the first turn at the end of next week, if everyone can handle that. So I really hope that the Makay situation can start to work itself out faster. Don't worry if you can't though, I'd rather wait then end a turn artificially.

Number 4. Lancer brought it up, but I believe we should post out build orders in this thread for next turn. I should be following up with it very slowly. Remember to subtract you upkeep costs.
-GTO

Lancer
Sith Marauder

Post by Lancer »

Just curious, is there a mechanic for upgrading infrastructure on planets?

Dawns Star Empire Production:
400 pts - Maintenance and upkeep of current fleet
72 pts - Upgrading 12x Augerer class Destroyer – (15+4C3+1H+4D) to (16+6C3+2H+4D+2O), 6 pts each
32 pts - Upgrading 8x Sunstorm class Cruisers – (25+1C3+6D+4O) to (25+3C3+6D+6O), 4 pts each
6 pts - Production of Dart class Corvette DT11B
60 pts - Production of Starsunder class Battleship Rending Strike
120 pts - Production of 4x Astercutter class Destroyers Phoenix Avatar, Dawnstriker, Tempered Fury, & Blade of the Regent Lord, 30 pts each
60 pts - Production of 2x Bulwark class Interdiction Cruisers IdA1FE & Id303A, 30 pts each

50 pts - Upgrading Callthus from a class 4 colony to a class 6 colony.
25 pts - Upgrading Ordos Keening from uninhabited to a Class 1 colony
25 pts - Upgrading Endingers World from a class 2 colony to a class 3 colony.
50 pts - Upgrading Allaxes Prime from a class 8 colony to a class 10 colony
50 pts - Upgrading Darrius Hold from a class 6 colony to a class 8 colony.
50 pts - Upgrading Garths World from a class 5 colony to a class 7 colony.

Misc:
Astercutter statline is now 16+3C3+3H+4D+4O (pt cost unchanged)
Starsunder statline is now 46+7D+7O (pt cost unchanged)
Bulwark statline is now 15+5C3+3H+7I (pt cost unchanged)
Last edited by Lancer on 2008-06-18 09:26am, edited 3 times in total.
Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

Two more orders of business from me.

1) The Molochi Summit is opening today. There won't be much going on at first, just a very small opening ceremony. Feel free to bullshit. I don't really mind small posts or conversations going on within the thread, or OOC stuff being discussed if the text if clearly differentiated. This is a friendly and relaxed environment, real deals will be made in backrooms, in PMs and announced afterward. Unless someone wants to start something, which might be ill advised.

2) My construction plans.

24 x 0 +5T vessels (name to be announced)
20 x 5+5T vessels (name to be announced)

5 x 10 + 10D + 10I (Singularity class Interdictor)

170 Point unannounced.
-GTO

A-Wing_Slash
Padawan Learner

Post by A-Wing_Slash »

Sorry I've been so quiet. I'm going to try and get a few posts in later today. The Grand DUchy of Malacaster will not remain silent for long.
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

Construction announcements.
10x40 Avenger class Fast cruisers, two squadrons. 400 points total.
30 points, assorted infrastructure repair. Building new freighters, new factories and etcetera.

180 points unassigned.
Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

Ok, so we need to end the first turn here soon. What I would like, if other agree, is to resolve the battle of the backstab, and then have a four or five day period to have building announcements, do some summit work, and generally have a smooth turnover, then to go to turn 2, ready for more action.
-GTO

Thirdfain
The Player of Games
Location: Never underestimate the staggering drawing power of the Garden State.

Post by Thirdfain »

Sure.

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite.
John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - )
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

The battle of the backstab isnt going to last much longer, but i have something planned for about 12 days after it. Wont take long though it is still part of turn 1.
Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

One more proposal, as lancer brought this up. He wanted to know if we can build onto our own infrastructure adding points to planets.

Personally, I think we should charge 25 points per point of planet improvement. This means you need to save 2.5 turns to pay it back, but then you earn. It's a long term investment, but can be good with proper planning.

I would also like to propose that we can spend 20 points a point to improve faction specific abilities. This means it costs 200 points to upgrade an ability by +1 over the max or to add 10% to an ability, which seems rather fair, as abilities to max out, and diminishing returns can come in quickly.
-GTO