STGOD 2K8 mk. II OOC

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

About the fight in the chicago system: If there are not any posts by the defender soon I'm going to write up my force's AIs and pyskers saying my plan has failed and just jump the fleet in and start the brute force method.
Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

My replies should be up late this "evening" EST, or sometime tomorrow, probably in the morning or early afternoon.

Ohma, unless you edit your post, I'm probably going to just act as if you sat silently, since it doesn't really make sense for your girls to shoot missiles at nothing. If you'd prefer that, it's cool with me.
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Okay, is anyone going to play the defense of the Chicago system?
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

Well The Chicago minination are supposed to be run by Dark hellion. There clearly isnt enough explosions going on, anyone want a minination invasion fleet to amuse themselves with?
STGOD SDNW4 player. Chamarran Hierarchy Catgirls in space!
Ohma
Jedi Knight

Post by Ohma »

Tanasinn wrote:My replies should be up late this "evening" EST, or sometime tomorrow, probably in the morning or early afternoon.

Ohma, unless you edit your post, I'm probably going to just act as if you sat silently, since it doesn't really make sense for your girls to shoot missiles at nothing. If you'd prefer that, it's cool with me.
Oh, whoops I thought I had edited it. My bad. I've actually done so now. Not that it really changes much.
Oh, Mister Darcy! <3
We're ALL Devo!
GALE-Force: Guardians of Space!
"Rarr! Rargharghiss!" -Gorn
Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

I didn't expect it to, but I didn't want to just make things up if I could avoid it.
Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

As always, complaints/comments are welcome.
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Tanasinn wrote:As always, complaints/comments are welcome.
This little battle is awesome. You are giving us a great picture of the ISA right now. Due to this skirmish, I'm not missing the Chicago System battle too much.

Anyways, at least the Captain of your cruiser showed up :wink: . But he's managing to mess up the battle anyway.
Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

Tharson's screw-ups so far aren't all that unusual. Most of the ship-owning nobility don't actually possess the credentials to command a warship or even a freight tug: it's their XO that does most of the work. Since XOs are usually ALSO noble-born and thus hungry by definition, loyality is frequently opted for over competence. This sort of thing is why the ISA, despite packing a decent number of ships, isn't very capable at power projection. The Merchant's Guild is far more able in this regard, but commerce is their primary concern.
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Just letting everyone know that I'm leaving town on a bussiness trip tommorow and will not be back until friday. I'll have limited internet access during that time.
Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

Sorry everyone, I lost internet so I couldn't update when I wanted to. I am also still busy with the job hunting, but I am getting around to some stuff with STGOD this week. I need to get back on my Modding ball.
A teenage girl is just a teenage boy who can get laid.
-GTO

We're not just doing this for money; we're doing this for a shitload of money!
Ohma
Jedi Knight

Post by Ohma »

Okay, so I'm going up to Portland this weekend, so don't be surprised if I don't post anything while I'm there. (because I so totally post stuff on the weekends anyway)

Tan, I'll try to get my next part of the skirmish up this evening.
Oh, Mister Darcy! <3
We're ALL Devo!
Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

That's cool, Raj, Ohma; I'm in no rush here.
Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

Just to clarify, Ohma, and make sure we're on the same page:

-The main Humanist force (including the Admiral) is in deep orbit around the sun.
-The Humanist "lure" (one battleship, two medium cruisers, two tactical cruisers and the standard array of planetary defense ships: twenty 1+1D in the case of Dayab) is orbiting Dayab.
-The forces of mine warping out near the "lure" (I assume including that ship you mentioned) will also be exiting in Dayab orbit.

And just to be sure, the Agrona IS an Athena-class, yes?

A few rules questions towards mods, since +O's going to play a role:

-The wiki still states that C3 can be fucked with by +D (C3 in turn being needed "To use O" according to the wiki). Did we change this like some people wanted or not?
-The wiki seems kinda ambiguous on +O. It states, for example, that +O is never affected by +D and that it is used to target specific vessels, but it also states that adjusted +5 C3 is needed to actually USE it. In the case of not having an adjusted +5 C3, does the +O lose both its precision AND immunity to +D?
-In the event of +O being neutralized, am I correct to assume it just counts as standard offensive ability unless specifically targeted by foreign +O or until the ship is destroyed? Or does neutralized +O just sit like a lump?
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

I'm the one who said back then that if D requires its own weight in sensors just to allow O to work its hopelessly overpowered. Thusly O still cuts through D though i'm not yet sure whether you should still be able to assign the damage through heavy jamming.
Ohma
Jedi Knight

Post by Ohma »

Tanasinn wrote:Just to clarify, Ohma, and make sure we're on the same page:

-The main Humanist force (including the Admiral) is in deep orbit around the sun.
-The Humanist "lure" (one battleship, two medium cruisers, two tactical cruisers and the standard array of planetary defense ships: twenty 1+1D in the case of Dayab) is orbiting Dayab.
-The forces of mine warping out near the "lure" (I assume including that ship you mentioned) will also be exiting in Dayab orbit.

And just to be sure, the Agrona IS an Athena-class, yes?
Yeah the Agrona is an Athena.

The decoy force is one Athena (DSFV Agrona), two Valks (DSFVs Ching Shih and Chelidonis) and five Durgas (Lilith Squadron). So they and the 'Lure' fleet are roughly the same in terms of power, but the Decoys aren't supposed to be getting tangled up in heavy combat near Dayab proper, hence being worried about the Lure just sitting there and more ships jumping in system.
Oh, Mister Darcy! <3
We're ALL Devo!
Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

Another rules-related question: the handbook states that system defense ships are 1+1*, with * being D, O, or C3. The rules also state that these ships have "no normal attack," does that mean that the 1 base point only counts as HP?
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

Makes sense to me Tan so that'll do till we collar the person who wrote the danged thing.
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Hmm, I'm with Darkevilme on the O vs D issue. With O being next to worthless when your oponnent has more D than you have C3I, as it is now,O is not really worth having. I'd say a good comprimise would be that when your enemy has more D than you have C3I, your O assets still work, but that your opponnt decides what assets they damage.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Well this is why my fleets pack stupid amounts of C3. :P
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Do we have an estimated start time for when we can get the Chicago system battle really going? If it doesn't get going soon I'm tempted to just run the numbers and see what happens if the Melconian's just apply brute force and write up a summary of the battle based on that. With the fleet disparity between the Melconian's and the defenders, it should be called operation curbstomp :twisted: .

Also, Tanisann, Our little skirmish is over, yes? I'll probably post an after action report if that's the deal.
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

Didnt i call it operation curbstomp from the beginning? It has always been called operation curbstomp.
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Darkevilme wrote:Didnt i call it operation curbstomp from the beginning? It has always been called operation curbstomp.
I believe you did; now it is the official code name from Melconian Fleet HQ as well.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Let's see. And I still have three exploration-minded stealth frigates prowling around former Imperial space, whereabouts unknown. Hmm hmm. :D
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

Sorry for the delay. We had hurricane force winds here in the Midwest last week which shut down the internet for days. I have been spending the last week trying to get a hold of various employers etc.

Chicago system will be running a screen pattern, attempting to evacuate as many civilians as possible. All the cubs clergy will be acting as shock troops, sabotaging all the infrastructure, and the majority of civilian shipping will be evacuating south towards Moloch and the Syndicalist states. A refugee crisis is coming. I'll help RP it in a bit. Just send me some PMs.
A teenage girl is just a teenage boy who can get laid.
-GTO

We're not just doing this for money; we're doing this for a shitload of money!