STGOD 2K8 mk. II OOC

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

STGOD 2K8 mk. II OOC

Post by Dark Hellion »

Feel free to discuss anything outside of the context of the other threads here.
A teenage girl is just a teenage boy who can get laid.
-GTO

We're not just doing this for money; we're doing this for a shitload of money!
Hawkwings
Sith Devotee

Post by Hawkwings »

Just to let you guys know, I am willing to keep working on the rules in the areas that need clarification.
Vendetta wrote:Richard Gatling was a pioneer in US national healthcare. On discovering that most soldiers during the American Civil War were dying of disease rather than gunshots, he turned his mind to, rather than providing better sanitary conditions and medical care for troops, creating a machine to make sure they got shot faster.
Ohma
Jedi Knight

Post by Ohma »

Uh, so are we rebooting the setting, creating a new one?
Oh, Mister Darcy! <3
We're ALL Devo!
GALE-Force: Guardians of Space!
"Rarr! Rargharghiss!" -Gorn
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Im voting for "Working from where we left off" sort of thing, but a total Reboot wouldn't be yoo bad.. IF We atually had some active players
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

No reboot of setting, but if you want to reboot your existant powers feel free. The setting is going to have some work done, but not much.
-GTO

Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

I'm basically keeping the events that have occured but tweaking my shiplists and backstory somewhat. For instance i now have the Bentusilon on my fleetlist.
STGOD SDNW4 player. Chamarran Hierarchy Catgirls in space!
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Wel lthat begs the question, is it a full reboot? Or partial? If you "keep" my old ship, do I get my 60pts back? are the ships thusly destroyed already lost if we "start" a new game?
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

Partial reboot, the losses from that battle...and the one before it, dont count.
We're keeping the events and most of our background but the numbers get reset. Least i believe so.
Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

Like dark said, partial Reboot. Everything that has happened is now the continuation of turn -x to turn 0. When we start the Mk. II main thread you get to use a new OOB with 2000 points of ships, 100 points of planets, etc. The captured Betututututututsi is just backstory that gives you reasons to be enemies.

I'd like to have a slightly more complicated system of alliances set up to begin this game, so that singular acts of war can quickly snowball, but so that it isn't power blocs facing off.
-GTO

Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Oh trust me, if I get to rework my points I'll be sure tio have enough to open a "Proper" can of 'whoop-ass' on the Chamarans next time we go at it.
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

Melusine:
Foolish, thinking Cattle, your machines have already failed you. So come, bring up your futile devices, your implements of ineffectual war, we hunger and it will only hasten your unthinking submission to our superior will.

Tia:
Bring it on tail less things and metal things. We'll take ya!
Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

Just going to reiterate that I'm still in this; my OOB will be largely unchanged, for those who care.
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

curses the humanist union are still extant? *Makes plans for their destruction in due time*
Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

We're coming to put you in the cages where you belong, xeno scum. :wink:
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

We will gladly enter these 'cages' when the last bar is made from the last bone of the last human.
Ohma
Jedi Knight

Post by Ohma »

Darkevilme wrote:We will gladly enter these 'cages' when the last bar is made from the last bone of the last human.
The high council of the Stellar Dominatrixiat feel that they may be able to come to a mutually beneficial arrangement with their alien sisters in the Chamaran Exodus.

...at least until there are no more human worlds to conquer...
Oh, Mister Darcy! <3
We're ALL Devo!
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Arn't you guys Humans too? Man hating humans to be sure, but humans none the less? These are XENOS, alien scum! no one is suppsed to make alliances with them.
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Ohma
Jedi Knight

Post by Ohma »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:Arn't you guys Humans too? Man hating humans to be sure, but humans none the less? These are XENOS, alien scum! no one is suppsed to make alliances with them.
"Seconded, we shouldn't have anything to do with the Chamarans, they'd as soon enslave us as speak with us, I reiterate my and the rest of my colleagues opinion that this council is allowing itself to be blinded by rhetoric."

"Hmph, you and your fellows had a chance to voice your objections to the rest of the council, but apparently you'd rather appear on the news, support known terrorist groups, disparage your political opponents, and attempt to make a mockery of our government."

"You know damn well-"

"Order order!"

Needless to say there is some debate on this decision. Heck, the prisoners on Dis and those being re-integrated are lucky the humanitarians had the full support of the citizens of Ninhursag and Wadjet to change Dominatrixiat policy from "kill or exile all men" to "imprison or reassign the sex/gender of all men".
Oh, Mister Darcy! <3
We're ALL Devo!
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

The Chamaran's are permitted to be flexible where the situation warrants it. Should the Dominatrixiat wish it, the queen offers her protection.

'For those who realize the inevitability of our ascension and lay down their weapons will escape the harvest scythe, those who stand tall against us will be cut down and their nations ground into dust'
Ohma
Jedi Knight

Post by Ohma »

Darkevilme wrote:The Chamaran's are permitted to be flexible where the situation warrants it. Should the Dominatrixiat wish it, the queen offers her protection.

'For those who realize the inevitability of our ascension and lay down their weapons will escape the harvest scythe, those who stand tall against us will be cut down and their nations ground into dust'
Excellent! We should arrange a meeting between ambassadors as soon as possible.

"I told you they were reasonable."
"Lucky you were right, while I may disagree with a lot of shit that the Humanitarians spew, I still think that attempting to even contact these aliens is risky at best."
"I think you'll see, high councillor, that not only are the Chamarans quite reasonable, but that they are the solution to a rather large (and only getting larger so long as we expand farther into human space) drain on our resources."
Oh, Mister Darcy! <3
We're ALL Devo!
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

Hehe. Should be entertaining when the game starts. Though the only information the Dominatrixiat will have in game about the chamarans is what they've picked up from the Kushwani news network.... And i dont think the Kushwani have seen anything of the chamaran's except their ships.
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Darkevilme wrote: And i dont think the Kushwani have seen anything of the chamaran's except their ships.
Indeed, you really have to think about this...

As far as the rest of the galaxy knows, news from Makay is sketchy at best, with the collpase of Earth and the Empire, news is slow... And as far as the Chamarans are concerned the ONLY thing that is known ruight not is that "Alien scum" are in control of Makay and posses a very nasty Fleet.

No one knows what they look like, save a few rebles on Makay itself,
No one at all knows of thier hieracy or gender structure and im REALLY sure no one has made direct "diplomatic" contact with them.

The closest any form of contact has been mad was the fact that they stole my Mothership last game and have no doubt plundered the crap out of it ((glares angerly))

So, what ever "you" might want to do.. In game your going to know only what the Kushawni know.. If they have decided to tell anyone
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Ohma
Jedi Knight

Post by Ohma »

Darkevilme wrote:Hehe. Should be entertaining when the game starts. Though the only information the Dominatrixiat will have in game about the chamarans is what they've picked up from the Kushwani news network.... And i dont think the Kushwani have seen anything of the chamaran's except their ships.
Indeed, it'll be interesting to see how this plays out (I have my own ideas but they may conflict in interesting ways with other people's ideas). Heck even if the eventual negotiations backfire with like, mind control and blasty rays, it'll be fun playing the shift from "the Chamarans Have always been our alien battlesisters" to "the Chamarans have always been dangerous xenos, and we've always sought to temporarily ally with other human powers to fight this alien threat".
Oh, Mister Darcy! <3
We're ALL Devo!
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

On unrelated notes as i can use blender i can and will take requests to make 3d models of starships for people playing the game.
Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

I'll note for anyone that cares that I use Battleships Forever for my little ship readouts. Not as pretty as 3D models, but it does the job.
Last edited by Tanasinn on 2008-05-07 07:08pm, edited 1 time in total.