STGOD 2K8 mk. II OOC

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

Well the Chamarans brought one level 10 sensor system along in the form of the relevant support cruiser so i wouldnt get too close to that if i were you Rogue.
STGOD SDNW4 player. Chamarran Hierarchy Catgirls in space!
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

There aren't many who have the kind of ridiculous arrays needed to detect an 11 stealth rating, but those are very expensive frigates; I'm careful with them all the same.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Thirdfain
The Player of Games
Location: Never underestimate the staggering drawing power of the Garden State.

Post by Thirdfain »

You know, the military stuff is irrelevant and boring in this case- Chicago is stomped, case closed, no remake. What will be interesting is how you two wriggle out from the public relations and international response...

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite.
John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - )
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Thirdfain wrote:You know, the military stuff is irrelevant and boring in this case- Chicago is stomped, case closed, no remake. What will be interesting is how you two wriggle out from the public relations and international response...
I was hoping it would be ignored by the international community as no one in the Chicago system was allied to anyone, to be frank. I have plans if that is not the case, however.
Thirdfain
The Player of Games

Post by Thirdfain »

bwahahaha.

Ohma
Jedi Knight

Post by Ohma »

Thirdfain wrote:bwahahaha.
*sigh* Pay them no mind Raj. The Syndicallists only make a lot of noise because they're some of the few who see the writing on the wall. :twisted:

Also, Crossroads (I believe we agreed that you'd be able to track the Virginia Hall back eventually) you're welcome to send a few ships into Dominatrixiat space should you want to.
Oh, Mister Darcy! <3
We're ALL Devo!
GALE-Force: Guardians of Space!
"Rarr! Rargharghiss!" -Gorn
Thirdfain
The Player of Games

Post by Thirdfain »

Ohma wrote:
*sigh* Pay them no mind Raj. The Syndicallists only make a lot of noise because they're some of the few who see the writing on the wall. :twisted:
Indeed. I'm sure you have nothing to fear from the rest of the human powers. We are quite harmless.

Ohma
Jedi Knight

Post by Ohma »

Thirdfain wrote: Indeed. I'm sure you have nothing to fear from the rest of the human powers. We are quite harmless.
Well duh, why do you think we've sent such a paltry force into Humanist space? It's certainly not because most of our military and government officials are blinded by ideology to the point that they assume an empire violently opposed to half of humanity (and which the other non-Taran half is none to happy with either) can easily conquer the known galaxy on its own, no sir. :)
Oh, Mister Darcy! <3
We're ALL Devo!
GALE-Force: Guardians of Space!
"Rarr! Rargharghiss!" -Gorn
Thirdfain
The Player of Games

Post by Thirdfain »

Ohma wrote: Well duh, why do you think we've sent such a paltry force into Humanist space? It's certainly not because most of our military and government officials are blinded by ideology to the point that they assume an empire violently opposed to half of humanity (and which the other non-Taran half is none to happy with either) can easily conquer the known galaxy on its own, no sir. :)
It'll be interesting, at least.

Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

Streams of Refugees pouring South talking about mysterious enemies (some which match Chamaran ship descriptions that have disseminated via espionage networks) is a great way to get a bunch of human powers who dislike each other to work together to rid the galaxy of your hairy asses. :wink:
A teenage girl is just a teenage boy who can get laid.
-GTO

We're not just doing this for money; we're doing this for a shitload of money!
Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

Thirdfain, can you send me a PM about your invite thingy explaining it a bit better. Thanks.
-GTO

Thirdfain
The Player of Games

Post by Thirdfain »

A bunch of Molochi aristocrats invited by a distant but powerful relative from the MININATION THREAD to come to a party where they will have a chance to marry his daughter and bring his FOUR HUNDRED POINTS OF WARSHIPS under molochi control. In game. Not OOC. I'm not lying. OK?

Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

Are you having comp difficulties Thirdfain? I got your PM 5 times.
Thank you though. I just didn't want to misread it and make a big fiasco.

Edit: 6 times?
-GTO

Thirdfain
The Player of Games

Post by Thirdfain »

Nope, definitely comp problems. It keeps complaining about some sort of Error in Server Compotency or something.

glad you got te PM though.

glad you got the PM though.

Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

Dark Hellion wrote:Streams of Refugees pouring South talking about mysterious enemies (some which match Chamaran ship descriptions that have disseminated via espionage networks) is a great way to get a bunch of human powers who dislike each other to work together to rid the galaxy of your hairy asses. :wink:
Bring it on monkey, I was planning on killing your lot anyway.
Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

Ohma: I'll briefly have up a post concerning our engagement, but I need to know what ships the cruisers and battleship are targeting: if you don't have anything in mind, I can split their damage up and divide it among the "larger ships," though whether or not that includes the medium cruisers (Stilettos), I'm not sure. If my post's up before your reply or you have objections, I'll edit the juicy details accordingly. Obviously, a damage projection will wait until I'm sure who you're shooting for.

Another thing for moderation: since the PDF ships are staying out of gun range (as Ohma expected), does that mean that they cannot confer their defensive boost onto my forces?
Truth fears no trial.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Okay, by my calculations, it's three days' travel from Nashtar to the Humanist Union. I sent the convoy at the very start of turn 2; has it been that long in game yet?
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Thirdfain
The Player of Games

Post by Thirdfain »

Tanasinn: He appears to be a particularly powerful noble of some influence and class; Let's say he got an invitation.

Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Just announcing that I intend to post something finishing up the Chicago system battle today or tommorow so we can move on from that.
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

Timetable wise i'm thinking to have the Chamaran expeditionary fleet arrive in Trixiat space at the beginning of turn 2 week 2 unless there's any objections.

Expeditionary fleet:790 points.
5x60 Dominion class (44+6H+10O)
10x40 Avenger class (26+4H+5R+5D)
3x30 Support cruisers(17+3H+10?)
Thirdfain
The Player of Games

Post by Thirdfain »

Hellion, I've got story threads I'd like to continue... are you interested in the Affiliation invitation or not?

Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

I am interested, but I am really busy. I am still seeking employment and am starting to get really ragged in funds and from the run around. I will try to participate, but this is on the backburner til I get the income to pay my student loans. Unless you want to pay $250 for next month to insure my playing :roll:
-GTO

Thirdfain
The Player of Games

Post by Thirdfain »

Grrr, I *need* co-operation from other players to play this game, I've got some sweet ideas which won't be realized unless certain Hellions write a half-paragraph post along the lines of "Finish me off quickly, Muffy, we need to catch the next shuttle to Gilead."

Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Rogue 9, it is unlikely my fleet will pick you up quickly, though between the sheer amout of ships with decent C3I around that are networked together and the Chamaran's single ship with a big ass array, your ship will be found out eventually. So I wouldn't stay too long, but feel free to have your ship poking around for awhile. BTW, not all of the fleet is in system. A good section of the fleet is just out system like before. Admiral D'Lak has a thing for hiding her strentgh, regardless of what the official doctrine says.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

I know you won't; he'll just play it like he thinks you can. :P The objective is to find out just what the hell is going on, not to engage anyone.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!