STGOD 2K8 mk. II OOC

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Thirdfain
The Player of Games
Location: Never underestimate the staggering drawing power of the Garden State.

Post by Thirdfain »

Oh, ok. Cool.

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite.
John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - )
Ohma
Jedi Knight

Post by Ohma »

Arg, okay, I swear, I will have my next part up tomorrow evening. Very sorry bout this, I've apparently returned to my old job right as we're setting up for one of the two or three biggest events we have each year, so my schedule has been a bit wonky. :oops:

After this next week I should be back to being much less unreliable about this.
Oh, Mister Darcy! <3
We're ALL Devo!
GALE-Force: Guardians of Space!
"Rarr! Rargharghiss!" -Gorn
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Just dropping a note to say I'm back from GenCon.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Ohma
Jedi Knight

Post by Ohma »

Okay, after reading through the handbook, it would seem that the Dom fleet can inflict around 20 damage to the Lure fleet. (I could be wrong, and would be willing to accept less since your guys have crazy defenses compared to mine)

I'm going to distribute 2 damage each to the three Durgas you said were being targeted, and 1 to the last one which you said was getting shot at slightly less. That leaves the Agrona and the Valks, I'm going to shift 7 points to the Agrona, 3 to one of the Valks and 2 to the other.

I've just realized that the Agrona is going to be slightly screwed if you use your interdictors, and the main force doesn't jump in at an opportune moment. :lol:

EDIT: Err, that is 1 to each of the four Durgas targeted, 8 to the Agrona, 4 to the Chelidonis, and 3 to the Ching Shih.
Oh, and while the Valks do have some impressive offense, because of your defenses and sensors they can't make effective use of them.
Oh, Mister Darcy! <3
We're ALL Devo!
Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

Ohma, you're taking more damage than my lure is technically able to put out, as far as my own calculations show.
Assuming straight numbers and to save you the time of calculating, my "kill points" are 90, resulting in damage points of 18. From that, I take 1.25 (due to your 5D), resulting in 16.75 damage to be divided amongst the HP of your ships.
Yeah, you're obviously right to say I'm doing about 20 damage, but your adjusted damage is 19, more than I can technically do even if you want to dismiss your ships' defensive capacities like you seem to.

Before I go ahead, are you sure that's all okay?
Truth fears no trial.
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

So are we seeing back-to-school doldrums here, or do I need to randomly attack someone to get this thing going? :P
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

I think Ohma's busy with new job, Dark Hellion is busy trying to get a job and Thirdfain got bored and wandered away without Fascist oppressors to aggravate. The Games kinda stalled it seems due to key players not being available.
STGOD SDNW4 player. Chamarran Hierarchy Catgirls in space!
Ohma
Jedi Knight

Post by Ohma »

Arg crap! Sorry, I promise that if I get off work early enough today or tomorrow I will take the time to figure out what I did wrong in my calcs, if not today or tomorrow, then this weekend beacause I'm free then.

*sigh* I swear if I never have to move another classroom table in my life it'll be too soon.
Oh, Mister Darcy! <3
We're ALL Devo!
Ohma
Jedi Knight

Post by Ohma »

Okay, after going back through I think I was counting your PDF ships as combat craft, which according to the wiki they shouldn't. (which does seem a bit odd but hey :) )

So my revised calculations come to you doing 12 points of damage to the decoys, and me doing 25 points to the lure (apparently offense counts as additional untargeted damage if the fleet doesn't have five or more adjusted C3 value).

So my revised fleet wide damage distribution is: DSFV Agrona 6pts, Chelidonis: 2pts, Ching Shih: 2pts, Liliths 2 & 3: 1pt.

Still going to be bad news for the Agrona if your interdictors power up before they can jump away, and the rest of the fleet after you spring your trap.
Oh, Mister Darcy! <3
We're ALL Devo!