Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

Oh, and Mr. Bean, I must applaud your hiring of Aleister Crowley. :D
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Baerne, what submarine assets do you have?
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

I have six Virginia-class SSNs. Shepnukistan was kind enough to provide me with them.
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:And, you'll notice in my epic speech, I didn't technically declare that I recognized the warlords :wink:
Yeah, I'm avoiding that issue too... publicly.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

For the curious, this is what I have deployed outside Canissian territory:

CANISSIAN SOUTHERN FLEET: (Taking part in Operation Defend Liberty)

2 Ticonderoga Cruisers
RMS Columbia (Flagship); brevet-Commodore James Ross
RMS Celestra; Captain Ashley Winn

3 Arleigh-Burke Destroyers
RMS Castille; Capt. Ian Drago
RMS Valencia; Capt. Ben Forster
RMS Grenada; Capt. Erich Horst

3 Halifax Frigates
RMS Apollo (Flagship); brevet-Commodore Steven Ramm
RMS Osiris; Capt. Yvette LaFleur
RMS Sleipnir; Capt. Richard "Ricky" Sevren

2 Victoria SSKs
RMS Badger; Capt. Ramon deSantos
RMS Wolverine; Capt. Oscar Verjus

--------------------------------------------------------------

CANISSIAN CENTRAL FLEET (Homeported out of Port Serenity, Gottland)
1 Ticonderoga Cruiser
RMS Atlantica (Flag); Commodore Alex Manstein

2 Arleigh-Burke Destroyers
RMS Owyhee (Flag); brevet-Commodore Rex Bartley
RMS Sonora; Capt. Randall Hearst

3 Halifax Frigates
RMS Hera
RMS Heracles

1st Hydrofoil Squadron: 5 Pegasus 'foils
RMS Tauron; Corvette Captain Steve Anders
RMS Hydron
RMS Picon
RMS Caprica
RMS Gemonon

3 Victoria SSKs
RMS Diamondback
RMS Anaconda
RMS Copperhead
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

I guess you can have "Brother Tulka" working for you, they are a religous and monastic order, so give them a small abbey, let them shave their heads, and go forth and kill the wicked...

I don't know if they tattoo barcodes on their followers or not, I hope they have better sense then to do that....

mostly though they are damn thurohgh at not leaving any evidence that can be traced back to them. The original Assassins were big on public Display, the Thuggee had the smarts to hide bodies. so as a result the current Assassin/Thuggee sect, tends to either make it look like Scuicide/accident, or a high profile hit, in a public place, where the weapon is found completely cleaned/steriled and no one ever sees who did it, or the brother is found very dead. <they carry their own means of killing themselves, and they don't have much in the way of ID thats real>
Ok, they will get a place of their own within the shadow empire. What is the exact name of their brotherhood?

They will be very useful in the near future.
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

PeZook wrote:Hah! But that's the real genius of this move!

Before, if we had, say, pirates operating from Libertopia, the Sultan or Ramsley could just shrug and say "Well, we're not exactly a country. What can we do?".

And now, they instantly become responsible for things like the Astoria Hostage Crisis. And since they're reponsible, they become a target if they piss off some of us to the point of military action.

They chose that themselves by going onto the international scene, too.
This is what swayed my decision towards recognition of Alexandria and the Diocese -- but there's still a "terminate" order out on the Sultan -- Declaring Jihad on Shepnukistan and the LSR does that....
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

The UKB will not under any condition recognize the Sultan as a ruler. He is a thug, he is a murder bastard, and more importantly.

He's not our bastard.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Adrian Laguna
Sith Marauder

Post by Adrian Laguna »

I haven't caught up yet to current events, but from reading the comments thread I think I can gather enough to formulate a response, and I should too. Mostly mobilization stuff, so Saddam the Great doesn't get any funny ideas about his SE neighbor being wide open.

Also, I have a Muslim population under a vassal of Adrianpolis called the Sultan of Sulu. He'll probably have a response to Libertopia's Sultan of some sort, if nothing else to keep my Muslims from going off and doing something stupid, but I don't think I'll get around to writing it today.

Incidentally, I have based some of my nation on my old one from the abortive Victorian STGOD (as should be obvious from having the same landmass). As such, I have the some Gurka rip-off light infantry composed of Moros, who are tough uncompromising bastards. They are also Muslims, and thus could be very useful in operations against the Libertopian Sultan, especially in situations were having infidels present (attacking or securing a religious site, for example) would cause complications with the natives.
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

There are three ways we can try to end this jihad:

1: the guy who called it calls it off.
2: a bigger, more important holy guy nixes it.
3: the jihad is successfully completed.

If Ibrahim doesn't call off the jihad, then we need to find a bigger Islamic scholar, Islamic national or cultural leader, a qadi (judge of Islamic law) or mufti (administrator of a Islamic holy place) and get him to rescind it while Ibrahim gets smoked.

Basically, a "bigger Muslim" potentate can declare the Sultan's call to jihad un-Islamic and say that he is a false Muslim. We'll end up boosting another Muslim leader's status in the community, which can potentially backfire.

Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Well, I went and tried to convince the Sultan of the reality of the situation. ProTec isn't telling him anything new and really isn't offering much either. At least it could be said I tried. My agents also didn't mention any connection at all with anyone except ProTec.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

MKSheppard wrote: This is what swayed my decision towards recognition of Alexandria and the Diocese -- but there's still a "terminate" order out on the Sultan -- Declaring Jihad on Shepnukistan and the LSR does that....
That's understandable. We'll see what we can do, and if he's too stubborn...well, it's his funeral.
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Grand Moff Yenchin
Sith Devotee

Post by Grand Moff Yenchin »

MKSheppard wrote:
This is what swayed my decision towards recognition of Alexandria and the Diocese -- but there's still a "terminate" order out on the Sultan -- Declaring Jihad on Shepnukistan and the LSR does that....
Just a reminder, the only nation under Jihad is the LSR. Mangka was warned, Shepnukistan, MESS and OMSK were protested.

I'm hesitant to point this out, but since Terra Libertia is not the Middle East, we're dealing with a different type of Muslims here. They lack the history to build up the hate. It's not like they hate the Western, um sorry, "Northeastern World". A Jihad against one nation is a Jihad against one nation, not the whole world.

Of course, after this conflict, we'll see what happens :P

Edit:
And yes, I'd like to see more Muslims. C'mon guys! Let them protest or approve!

I was hesitant to set up a new Mecca in the Sultanate because there didn't seem much Muslim population in the world :P
1st Plt. Comm. of the Warwolves
Member of Justice League
"People can't see Buddha so they say he doesn't have a body, since his body is formed of atoms, of course you can't see it. Saying he doesn't have a body is correct"- Li HongZhi
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Grand Moff Yenchin wrote:
MKSheppard wrote:
Just a reminder, the only nation under Jihad is the LSR. Mangka was warned, Shepnukistan, MESS and OMSK were protested...
I thought Ibrahim extended the Jihad to Shepnukistan as well after Shep condemned the LSR jihad...

Adrian Laguna
Sith Marauder

Post by Adrian Laguna »

Coyote wrote:If Ibrahim doesn't call off the jihad, then we need to find a bigger Islamic scholar, Islamic national or cultural leader, a qadi (judge of Islamic law) or mufti (administrator of a Islamic holy place) and get him to rescind it while Ibrahim gets smoked.

Basically, a "bigger Muslim" potentate can declare the Sultan's call to jihad un-Islamic and say that he is a false Muslim. We'll end up boosting another Muslim leader's status in the community, which can potentially backfire.
And I just found the Sultan of Sulu's response to the situation. Dunno if he could be considered a "bigger Muslim", especially since he is the vassal of an infidel (me), but that's how he's going to respond. Probably not today, though.
Grand Moff Yenchin
Sith Devotee

Post by Grand Moff Yenchin »

Coyote wrote:
Grand Moff Yenchin wrote:
Just a reminder, the only nation under Jihad is the LSR. Mangka was warned, Shepnukistan, MESS and OMSK were protested...
I thought Ibrahim extended the Jihad to Shepnukistan as well after Shep condemned the LSR jihad...
The main response from Ibrahim after Shep's condemnation was in this post. The summary of the post was

1. Ibrahim resists Shep's demands of retracting the Jihad on LSR as well as resignation from office.
2. Ibrahim opposes to the use of nuclear weapons, takes a opportunity to bash LSR and Shepnukistan.

I have been conservative in game because I felt that the world wasn't littered with Jihad groups like our world. A call to Jihad against LSR was more like a test of response to the Islamic population, as well as setting up a can of worms waiting to be opened.
1st Plt. Comm. of the Warwolves
Member of Justice League
"People can't see Buddha so they say he doesn't have a body, since his body is formed of atoms, of course you can't see it. Saying he doesn't have a body is correct"- Li HongZhi
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Just so things are clear about the meetings with the Sultan, ProTec is having its own meetings with one of his General's while the FUN delegation also has its meetings (aparantly with ProTec assistance.)

Edit: Ignore the above, ProTec just set up the meeting with the General, who set up a meeting with the Sultan for the FUN nations.

If Shepukistan has to take out the Sultan things are liable to get ugly. We already have refugee camps and in Alexander's territory. He has problems feeding his own population sometimes, let alone refugees. Plus we'll likely go back to an era of total choas in the North, which might meen more contracts for ProTec, but is probably worse for my company than good for them.
Last edited by Raj Ahten on 2008-05-12 05:28pm, edited 1 time in total.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Raj Ahten wrote:Just so things are clear about the meetings with the Sultan, ProTec is having its own meetings with one of his General's while the FUN delegation also has its meetings (aparantly with ProTec assistance.)

If Shepukistan has to take out the Sultan things are liable to get ugly. We already have refugee camps and in Alexander's territory. He has problems feeding his own population sometimes, let alone refugees. Plus we'll likely go back to an era of total choas in the North, which might meen more contracts for ProTec, but is probably worse for my company than good for them.
I was thinking more that ProTec contacted the general, and he then passed the news on to the Sultan ; And then he agreed to meet the delegation in person. This may not have been very clear from my post.
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

PeZook wrote:
Raj Ahten wrote:Just so things are clear about the meetings with the Sultan, ProTec is having its own meetings with one of his General's while the FUN delegation also has its meetings (aparantly with ProTec assistance.)

I was thinking more that ProTec contacted the general, and he then passed the news on to the Sultan ; And then he agreed to meet the delegation in person. This may not have been very clear from my post.
That could work out too. In fact, let us go with that as it would be less confusion all around. We wouldn't want the Sultan getting bombarded with too many diplomats.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Re: The Saddamistani Earthquake.

'ERE WE GO 'ERE WE GO 'ERE WE GO...
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

I feel like point out to all your folks shifting around S-300 firing batteries, that a missile of that class cannot stop an ICBM warhead, and that since Saddmistan has rocket launch pads on an island on the far side of the world it can hit even the most closely collocated nations with that sort of weapon.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Sea Skimmer wrote:I feel like point out to all your folks shifting around S-300 firing batteries, that a missile of that class cannot stop an ICBM warhead, and that since Saddmistan has rocket launch pads on an island on the far side of the world it can hit even the most closely collocated nations with that sort of weapon.
The LSRN and TXN uses SM-3 equipped AEGIS vessels. :)
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Adrian Laguna
Sith Marauder

Post by Adrian Laguna »

Soon Saddamistan will not be the only one sporting such nasties as mustard gas, VX, and botulinum toxin!
Lonestar wrote:
Sea Skimmer wrote:I feel like point out to all your folks shifting around S-300 firing batteries, that a missile of that class cannot stop an ICBM warhead, and that since Saddmistan has rocket launch pads on an island on the far side of the world it can hit even the most closely collocated nations with that sort of weapon.
The LSRN and TXN uses SM-3 equipped AEGIS vessels. :)
I should buy some SM-3s for my Alvaro de Bazan frigates, they have the Mk. 41 VLS and the AEGIS system. Though I do have over 300 Patriot missile batteries, so I'm not totally helpless. :)
Last edited by Adrian Laguna on 2008-05-12 05:46pm, edited 1 time in total.
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Fortunately for me, I actually have heavy ABMs :D
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

We do have some ABM missiles; about nine batteries of light ASAT weapons were built for UKB, Shepnukistan and Red Technocracy. Enough to complicate your targeting solution.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944