SD.Net World(RAR!) MK II

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

"Yes, it is. Events are in motion, as ever.

"I have grown suspicious of the aid packages, but at the moment we have had no reason to search them. Should such a reason come about, our quarantine may have to go into effect. While we may allow small arms, anything heavier and we would most certainly be forced to act. Even with King Paul's proposal such items would be forbidden.

"As to aid for the Sultan, military intervention may be the only choice, although a regrettable one. I wish to help everyone down there, and bombing the country is not something I would wish to do, even if it is in the name of the greater good."

At that he smiled bitterly and took a slightly larger sip of wine. "Ah, the greater good. Most everyone would agree that they are working to that lofty goal. If only we could all agree on just what the 'greater good' actually meant..."
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Q & Q (also known as Q-T) looked on as Colin played with the remote controlled Dalek.

EXTERMINATE, EXTERMINATE

"your saying that those could beat up the Borg easily? What are they going to do, plunge them to death?"

"Q, what's that smell?"

"oh it's something he's cooking again, Rice, potatoes, yogurt, fruits, I swear he says he's burning it intentionally?"

"hey don't knock it you, too, I had to go back to the old world to get the Saffron because there isn't any here."

both Q's at once "Yes there is!"

"Where?, I've never seen any Saffron, I mean it's the single most expensive spice in old earth."

Q-T: libertopia has it, so does saddamistan

Colin: you two did that just so I'd have to make them come to a peaceful accord, didn't you.

While Emporer Colin usually goes off to his mountain Retreat this time of year, he's ordered that Xanadu Castle be made ready to host an international delegation for Libertopian Peace Talks.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Imperial Chronicles

"The Greater Good." The Emperor laughed. "As a God-fearing man, I would tell you that Good is only as good as how man makes it. Sometimes one has to do a little evil to achieve some good, unfortunately.

At this point of time, I think either we do something or sit back and watch the disaster unfold. The only problems I foresee in military intervention, is that as with all historical problems, backing one horse and not the other, can only invite a blow back effect."
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

ProTec vigorously defended the legality of its operation after the Red Technocracy statements. Spokesmen issued a statement saying ProTec always attempts to operate at the highest moral standard and their contracts are on the behalf of legitimate authorities.

Such statements weren't enough for the Free Hand Brigade however. They were a bizzare mix of extreme free market proponents, pirates and ex-Red Technocracy volunteers who had completely broken with any higher authority. Their goal was to get ProTec and other foreign powers with a military presence out of Libertopia. Most of their activities so far had been ambushes or IED attacks on ProTec convoys. They mostly funded their activities through kidnapping and piracy.
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

The Office of the President of the Board of the Directors of the Incorporated Republic of Tonkin

"Bravo. Well done. A banner fiscal-year of profits, increased influence around the worlds, arms exports deals built upon, rockets launched, satellites constructed ... the champagne bottles must be breaking out all around the Republic, Mr. President! But you sit in your office, more reports to read. No family, no woman, few friends scattered all around this world ..."

I look up. It's him the omnipotent being who brought us here, the one who pops by unannounced to mock us, to critique us, to tell us what he thinks of his grand experiment. Q.

"Oh, it's not a grand experiment. Very un-grand by even my standards, much less the Continuum's. Like toddlers playing with plastic blocks." Q looks contemptuous.

"Here I thought you were trying to make a shining example, a city upon a hill, to show the world that capitalism isn't so bad. That the Free Market can triumph. That it can respect human life and take care of its citizens."

The being strides up to my desk. Not like I could stop him. And he takes one of the reports. One of the classified ones.

"Report on opportunities for profit maximization in Terra Libertia. I suppose you only care about your people? Your citizens, the ones your precious Board is responsible for?"

"I'll have you know what we are doing extensive aid to Ale---"

Q waves me off. " Yes, yes, completely incidental to the real reason you're there. Profit. Resources. Figuring out how to crush the Sultanate so you can seize their resources in corporate imperialism. Do you think you're fooling anyone with trucks, bulldozers, utility helicopters, light aircraft?"

I just glare at Q, and he continues, " No, you aren't fooling anyone at all. Everyone and their grandmother knows what you're up to. Arming the General. I wonder what the Conference would think of this paper?" Q waves the list of things Defense has estimated Alexander will need. "No, I don't think they'd like it one bit. You can't lie to me, Mister President. You plan to have Alexander bent over backwards for you, the whole of his region turned into an economic colony to power your nation and her corporations. An end-run around the size of your nation permitted.

"It will look wonderful on the balance sheets, won't it? And of course, you'll carefully show how your rising tide has lifted all boats there. Except it won't, it never does, that's how your system works. Not a few will drown with the change, the chaos while you are feted. But you will all know, deep down, and the guilt will not go away."

Q looks mocking, triumphant. " And you know what? I know you'll stay the course. Oh, maybe you'll toss a few more breadcrumbs the way of that wretched land, but when push comes to shove, your duty is to your nation first. And that means you'll sign off on this."

The intelligence report estimating the costs of our project in Alexandria and that of future options. The costs, and the benefits.

"Anything can be bought and sold in your precious Republic, Mr. President. Even the lives of foreigners." And Q disappears.

And that damnable being is right. I sign off on the paperwork. Another black spot on my soul for when the final reckoning occurs.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Constantinople Times

Third Quarterly Report of The Constantinople Shipyards

As of now, the following projects are in progress:

Refit of the 4 used Aleigh-Burke analogs at Constantinople and Thessalonika and Athens continues and is expected to be completed year end.

Construction of the first 2 WCT ships has begun and the first ship is expected to be launched by the start of the next year. Tooling at Constantinople and Thessalonika is completed and production is expected to be ramped up, while tooling at Athens is expected to be completed by year end. The remaining 3 hulls should be laid by the start of FY2011.

Construction of the 10 Dromon class corvettes designed for anti-piracy is scheduled to be completed by year end. The corvettes are built at Athens, Constantinople and Thessalonika.

Construction of the 3 ISCA fishing vessels will begin at Constantinople by the end of the year as tooling is completed.

Work on the new drydock to handle aircraft carriers as per Military order and for civil purposes has begun at Athens.

Work on getting the machine shops ready for the eventual order of the F-100 frigates has begun and is expected to be completed in the next two months barring any acts of God.
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

PRAVDA: Red Technocracy celebrates Young Pioneers Day

- Massive celebrations rock the nation, with kids' leisure camps full with pioneers, and huge demonstrations are occuring in Omsk right now!

- The Pioneer organization is celebrating 88 years!
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Dr. Cray Zee leaves for Omsk

Dr. Cray Zee, the controversial neo-liberal economic thinker has boarded a Crossroadian zeppelin headed for the Red Technocracy.

Once there, the doctor shall engage in a debate with an Omsk University economics professor in front of an audience full of students of various fields.

"I go today to spread knowledge and to enlight these poor, opressed people of the glory that capitalism brings. Let it be known that I shall return, with my shield or upon it!", said Dr. Zee to the assembled reporters as he boarded the zeppelin.
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Atlantis, Conference Hall

"Before we continue with our delegations," the Prime Minister began somberly. "I'd like to have a moment of silence, to mourn the passing of the Emperor of the Shadow Empire, Shady I."

As the delegations, including the MESS members who weren't really rather fond of the Shadows, began to hush themselves, the Prime Minister uttered a silent curse as he heard that goddamn flatscreen TV in the Hall of Power through the silence. He was sure Q had cursed that goddamn TV.

LIVE on ShroomSatTV
The Mushroom Military Messenger
TACTICAL TESTING

The Schrom Corporation has announced the successful testing of its Enhanced Tactical Fighter prototypes - namely two highly modified F-15 and F-16 variants undergoing trials and evaluations. The fighters have been tried in the SAF TOP GUN ace combat institutes and have 'passed with flying marks' and have flown to Byzantium for further evaluation.

Image Image
The Enhanced Tactical Fighters undergo intensive trial and testing to prove themselves to the Shroomanian and Byzantine air forces.

The Enhanced Tactical Fighter project is an initiative between the Shroomanian, Shinra, and Byzantine governments and between the Schrom Corporation and Byzantine Aeronautics. It marks the first-ever joint defense project between nations from the FUN, OMSK, and MESS.

Shroomania and Byzantium are also working together with the Kingdom of Zoria's Royal Aerospace Research (RAR) Group in the secretive Advanced Tactical Fighter project as well.
Last edited by Shroom Man 777 on 2008-05-20 08:57am, edited 1 time in total.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

hey guys, I think I found something that any fan of Middle Eastern, Spanish or Greek cooking is going to love. Saffron exists here, on this new world. unfortunatly the only places it grows are libbertopia, and Saddamistan.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Constantinople Times

Byzantine Aeronautics and the Imperial Byzantium Airforce begin evaluation of the modified F-15 and F-16 variants.

The aircraft are being considered as possible interim additions to the Airforce as the Airforce considers its next generation aircraft in conjunction with Shroomania and Zoria. "Our existing Lance fighters are sufficient to defend our airspace but we need more capable aircraft to match the F-22s and F-35s." says a spokesman. The two fighters promise more speed and maneuverability and heavier fighter load and the Airforce is considering purchasing 36 of each aircraft to complement the existing Lancer (F-15 analogs) aircraft.
Kreia
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

RogueIce wrote:
Chief of Staff Brian Sinclair looked over at Lord Patrick of the UKB and frowned.

"You mean to tell me that you sit here, at a conference called specifically in reaction to the recent Saddamistan/Libertia conflict, and yet you are not empowered to speak before us concerning the UKB's own actions in said conflict? Then why are you here, Lord Patrick?"
"Mr Sinclair I am here for Terra Libertia, not Saddamstian, this was after all the Terra Libertia conference... not the Saddamstain conference. Saddamstain is indeed only a factor if you assume he plans to mount a second attack on the Sultanate anytime soon.

My purview Mr Sinclair is managing the peace, seeing to the UKB's investments overseas. If you want to to talk to someone I suggest you talk to Minster of State Koji. There is a reason the UKB has both a Minster of State and a Minster of Foreign affairs. Saddamstain is not the concern because we have no trade, assets, or investments in that country at present so I in my official capacity have no interest in it.

Do you have anything further sir?"

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Mr Bean wrote:"Mr Sinclair I am here for Terra Libertia, not Saddamstian, this was after all the Terra Libertia conference... not the Saddamstain conference. Saddamstain is indeed only a factor if you assume he plans to mount a second attack on the Sultanate anytime soon.

My purview Mr Sinclair is managing the peace, seeing to the UKB's investments overseas. If you want to to talk to someone I suggest you talk to Minster of State Koji. There is a reason the UKB has both a Minster of State and a Minster of Foreign affairs. Saddamstain is not the concern because we have no trade, assets, or investments in that country at present so I in my official capacity have no interest in it.

Do you have anything further sir?"
"Can you tell us that they won't? Saddamistan, in case you have forgotten, doesn't exactly talk with the rest of us. You seem to be the only ones who appear to know what they're up to, and I'd think we'd all like to know how that is, and with what this knowledge of yours was bought with.

"Further, given that Saddamistan has not rescinded their position of violence towards the Sultanate, and given the fact they're holding refugees and claiming that this mine strike was not a mine strike and making excuses to hold them indefinately, in a move very similar to the 'attack' on patrol boats they never bothered to substantiate which was their entire reason for attacking in the first place, then yes, I do believe Saddamistan is very much an issue in any matters regarding Terra Libertia. Unless of course, you some how know otherwise."
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Atlantis, Conference Hall

The moment of silence had passed, though the Prime Minister looked a bit irritated at the bickering Shinra and Blackadder delegates who couldn't be arsed to mourn the passing of the goddamn Emperor of the Shadow Empire.

"The shipwrecked Libertian refugees in Saddamistan is also an issue we must deal with immediately," the Prime Minister addressed his fellow world leaders. "It is an issue that deals with Libertia, and this conference is for the explicit purpose of addressing Libertian issue. Yet this issue also involves Saddamistan, and all of us have desired to open up channels of diplomacy with Saddam The Great.

"They, the Saddamistanis, have asked for our help and our cooperation in identifying where specifically that wrecked ship - the Empedocle, came from. I am sure our people in Libertia can help them, and I know the Saddamistanis don't want to keep those refugees any longer than they have to."
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

RogueIce wrote:
"Can you tell us that they won't? Saddamistan, in case you have forgotten, doesn't exactly talk with the rest of us. You seem to be the only ones who appear to know what they're up to, and I'd think we'd all like to know how that is, and with what this knowledge of yours was bought with.

"Further, given that Saddamistan has not rescinded their position of violence towards the Sultanate, and given the fact they're holding refugees and claiming that this mine strike was not a mine strike and making excuses to hold them indefinately, in a move very similar to the 'attack' on patrol boats they never bothered to substantiate which was their entire reason for attacking in the first place, then yes, I do believe Saddamistan is very much an issue in any matters regarding Terra Libertia. Unless of course, you some how know otherwise."
"Again sir, I refer you to my first statement, Saddamstain is not the responsibility of my Ministry. What if any conversations, dealings or negations between my government and Saddamstian are under the responsibility of Minister Koji, not myself. Sir you may as well demand answers from the New Gottland delegation for all the good it will do.

"Sir do you have anything further?"

(OOC:The Confrence happened a "a while back" it's out of the normal time flow of the rest of the game, so Emperor's Shady's not dead yet" :OOC)

Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Mr Bean wrote:"Again sir, I refer you to my first statement, Saddamstain is not the responsibility of my Ministry. What if any conversations, dealings or negations between my government and Saddamstian are under the responsibility of Minister Koji, not myself. Sir you may as well demand answers from the New Gottland delegation for all the good it will do.

"Sir do you have anything further?"
"You have not a single person from the Ministry of State with you?" Sinclair shook his head sadly. Wonderful, stonewalled through bureaucracy... He knew how pointless it was to argue with that.

Still, he felt he had to do something to try and salvage the situation, even though he knew the President wouldn't be happy when he heard what had taken place.

"Very well then. Let me try and ask you something you can comment on. What is your position regarding the Sultanate and the Sultan himself? We have heard rumor to the effect that you are with Shepnukistan in wishing to wipe out the Sultanate? An action which we would like to note would be considered nothing short of genocide?

"We further question whether your 'aid shipments' are not instead disguised arms shipments, in contravention of numerous public statements from various world leaders that such is not acceptable. We would like an official word on that, as well."

Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

Baernish Intelligence
File BI-3

TO: HGtD + MinState

//DECRYPT COMPLETE//

Your Grace, and your Excellency, the reports from what operatives survive in the Shadow Empire indicate widespread confusion and warfare. It appears there was a military coup, with the senior general officers of the Army attempting to overthrow the Emperor, and having apparently suceeded in an assassination attempt.

It is important to note that the Emperor's death has not been confirmed, but our operatives report that his having perished is the most likely circumstance at this time.
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

SRS Fortuna Takes to the Seas

The SRS Fortuna, namesake of the new class of Shinra frigates, has entered active service today. The Navy has remarked that production will continue at an acclerated rate of three new frigates every six months.

In related news, a Gorgon-class frigate is due to be given over to the Republic of Mangka in an intra-MESS transfer. According to Navy spokesmen, this transfer is being made to bolster the Mangkan ability to deal with criminal elements currently being vigorously engaged by government authorities.

Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Atlantis Conference

"Well, I tell you what," Arik said aloud, his irritation beginning to grow... again. "Since the security situation in Libertia is directly linked to events in Saddamistan --seeing as how Saddamistan's attack was precisely what brought us into this in the first place-- I see the two as linked.

"Since the security situation is apparantly not ready to be dealt with, I'll have to hold off any support from my end until I know for a fact exactly what we're getting into. The UKB has back-channels with Saddamistan, which directly effects the Libertopia situation, and until we know exactly what we're dealing with, I do not recommend putting any of my people in harm's way, or spending the money to put materiel on the table.

"Lord Patrick," Arik said sadly, "It is unfortunate that your government did not see fit to come to the table fully prepared with everything relevant to the situation."
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Shady News

Fighting erupts throught the Shadow Empire

We have reports that forces loyal to General Karic have clashed with imperial loyalists. The fighting is fierce in the capital.
Riots have erupted in all major city's of the empire, those still loyal to the fallen emperor are refusing to back down and accept the General as the new ruler.

General Karic holds press conference

General Karic

People of The Shadow Empire and the world i come to you with great news, the false Emperor is dead. His tyranny is no more. I General Karic now rule the empire. Some of you still fight in the name of the false emperor, your fight is futile. My forces will hunt you down. To the rest of my people i say this, we have killed the bastard in order to bring you a better future, a future where i shall watch over you.

I hereby close the borders of the Shadow Empire. Any foreign ship or aircraft attempting to enter our country will be shot down. Consider this your first and final warning.

------------------------------
------------------------------
One hour later, location classified

A conversation between General Karic and Minister Stojkovic

[General Karic ] You said they wouldn't resist, you said this would be easy.

[Minister Stojkovic] How was i supposed to know that the people loved him so much. Ever since our war with Shroomania i thought the people hated him.

[General Karic] Never mind. The rebellion will be crushed.

[Minister Stojkovic] The rebels are not our only problem.

[General Karic] What?

[MInister Stojkovic] Well it appears that the "The Will of Justice" and the W.I.T.C.H. are operating against us. And they have managed to take control of our forces in the northern province.

[General Karic] I will gather my forces for an attack. We cannot allow them to ruin all my plans. That motherfucking emperor may be dead but he is causing me a lot of problems.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

ENCRYPTED TRANSMISSION - POINT OF ORIGIN: SSS YER MOM (LOCATION CLASSIFIED) - DESTINATION: SARAJEVO, SHADOW EMPIRE (IMPERIAL PALACE OF GOVERNANCE)

The Sovereignty of Shroomania would like to ask if the Shadow Empire's government requires foreign Fungal assistance in its domestic affairs.

The Sovereignty of Shroomania would like to ensure the stability and security of its friends and allies in the Fungal Union of Nations, and in light of recent events, the stability and security of the Shadow Empire may be in question.

We would like to aid and assist your nation in any way possible, and would like to contribute to the Shadow Empire's efforts to find, apprehend, and bring to justice all those responsible for Emperor Shady's assassination.

[END TRANSMISSION]

The Sovereign Shroomanian Sentinel
MASS MOURNING

Flags at half-mast. The nation mourns Emperor Shady's passing.

Prime Minister Shroom has addressed the Sovereignty of Shroomania and the Fungal Union of Nations, mourning the tragic loss of Emperor Shady.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

ENCRYPTED TRANSMISSION - POINT OF ORIGIN: SSS YER MOM (LOCATION CLASSIFIED) - DESTINATION: SARAJEVO, SHADOW EMPIRE (IMPERIAL PALACE OF GOVERNANCE)

The Sovereignty of Shroomania would like to ask if the Shadow Empire's government requires foreign Fungal assistance in its domestic affairs.

The Sovereignty of Shroomania would like to ensure the stability and security of its friends and allies in the Fungal Union of Nations, and in light of recent events, the stability and security of the Shadow Empire may be in question.

We would like to aid and assist your nation in any way possible, and would like to contribute to the Shadow Empire's efforts to find, apprehend, and bring to justice all those responsible for Emperor Shady's assassination.

[END TRANSMISSION]
ENCRYPTED TRANSMISSION - POINT OF ORIGIN: Unknown(LOCATION CLASSIFIED)

Your help is not necessary, and if you enter our territorial waters you will be fired upon. Any foreign intervention will be considered an act of war.

[END TRANSMISSION]
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

PRAVDA: since the coup deposed the government of Shadow Empire, a brutal and isolationist warmonger regime came to power

Another cousin of Saddamistan is arising, even if it's a small nation. Isolationism, militarization, belligerence are the new political guidelines of the Shadow Empire.

Or should we correctly call it "Juntist Dictatorship"? A brutal military junta with General Karic at the helm controls the government facilities and media, it murdered the former government leadership.

Far from being popular revolutionaries, the juntists are a militaristic fascist dictatorship of the worst sort, and one rising just in the Central Sea.

Our society is saddened at the proliferation of this new military-juntist fascism in the world and urges nations to turn their eyes to such places.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

RogueIce wrote:
"You have not a single person from the Ministry of State with you?" Sinclair shook his head sadly. Wonderful, stonewalled through bureaucracy... He knew how pointless it was to argue with that.
I am the Minster of Foreign affairs, my aides are from the Ministry, I did not however say no one here was from the State department. Mr Dimir is one of several State Department representatives in Terria Libertia which is why he was brought today. However as he is General Alexander's liaison with the UKB he would have little more than I would about the Saddamstain situation. I will be blunt with you Mr Sinclair, my instructions to the point were to listen to what was purposed about Saddamstain but I am under strict orders not to offer any position either in the positive or the negative on Saddamstain. Your request has been made sir, the response will soon or has already been given to your President

As far as your second question goes I can comment on that."
What is your position regarding the Sultanate and the Sultan himself? We have heard rumor to the effect that you are with Shepnukistan in wishing to wipe out the Sultanate? An action which we would like to note would be considered nothing short of genocide?
"First off the UKB remains committed to the goal of a unified Liberaltopia or at the very least the formation of distinct self sufficient governments"
"The sultanate and his support of piracy remain a active threat to global peace, and he will not now or ever be recongized by the UKB as anything other than an up-jumped bandit, do I make my self clear sir?"

"We further question whether your 'aid shipments' are not instead disguised arms shipments, in contravention of numerous public statements from various world leaders that such is not acceptable. We would like an official word on that, as well."
To this I can respond as well, the UKB at this time offers no "aid" shipments of any kind, what we have sent our workers, highly trained workers in many disciplines and the supplies necessary to support those workers. During the Liberaltopai straits incident as you might or might not know both Alexander and Ramsley requested the right to purchase MANPAD Anti-aircraft rockets from us, however by the time the issue was discuss the incident had become so serious that all shipping was suspended to Terra Libertia until after the global stand-down. By which point both parties had withdraw requests for those weapons.

I'd like to think they thought they no longer needed them, but in all honestly it's more likely the simply got them from some other country during the crisis."

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

SOFIA
Shroomanian Office - Fungal Intelligence Agency

John Baylor rubbed the bridge of his nose. Being the Director of one of the largest intelligence organizations in the world was not easy. Monitoring the intrigues and conspiracies in one nation was hard enough, but watching over the entirety of the FUN - so much like a string of black pearls scattered over the Central Sea - was a near-impossible prospect. Which made dickery all the more sweet whenever he had the time to pull it off, like with that PeZookian Major... Kulinsky whatshisname.

But now was neither the time nor the place for dickery. It was Serious Business. FIA Director Baylor put on his Serious Face.

"Risto, what's the situation in the Shadow Empire?"

"It's practically Civil War. We never saw this coming, but knowing how unstable Emperor Shady is... was, well, we should have. We should've known their leadership was wound tight enough to snap," the man on the telescreen reported.

What he said was true. The Shadow Empire was one of the loose cannons of the FUN. In the early days of the FUNGAL AXIS, they were the ones who instigated the Shadow-Mangka incident. And before the FUNGAL AXIS, the Shadows even went so far as to try and murder Prime Minister Shroom. Even though those events had been settled peacefully, Shroomania had always kept a close eye on the Shadow Empire as a whole.

That was the problem. Shroomania and, by extension, the FIA, was too busy watching the whole Shadow Empire that no one bothered paying attention to the nuances - the factions, the conniving going-ons between the players of that crazy little nation...

John Baylor rubbed his nose. He should've know those deadly little bitches weren't enough to keep an eye over all of Shadow. Worse still, they weren't his deadly little bitches. Goddamn witches...

"I know all that, Risto," Baylor growled. "But what's the situation like for our people?"

"They've evacuating, sir. Most of them have already left," Risto replied. By 'them' he meant Shroomanian nationals and other foreigners and FUNites in the Shadow Empire. PeZookia was very near the Empire, so it wasn't that hard to GTFO. "All of the tourists are gone, and the other civilians too."

"Good. We can't risk them being used as capital by whatever new regime fancies itself as king of the Shadows' little hill," Baylor spat. "Goddamn Shadows."

"What are we going to do next, sir?"

"Officially? Well, we'll have to wait for His Excellence the Prime Minister to lead the FUN to some resolution," Baylor muttered. "That crazy idiot is probably gonna make some obtuse long-winded speech about 'freedom' and 'cooperation' and some-such, and then he's gonna let King Paul do the actual thinking. Then hopefully they'll blow Karic whatshisname and all his assholes back to hell."

Risto was silent.

"Unofficially though, we have assets relatively close by, so we're sending in a covert team to ascertain the situation," John Baylor erected himself on his swivelly command-chair, straightening his spine as he picked up a file on his table. Then he opened it and read the contents. Then, he leaned forward, close to the telescreen, and interlaced his fingers. "We're going to send one man."

"One man?"

"Yes. He'll make contact with our FIFAs in Shadow. FIA's Female Agents should still be with us, and so he'll get information from them - information that we can't get from the SSS or the BBC. Either way, we have reason to believe that the Shadow communication grid has been taken over by Karic, and so we need boots on the ground. It'll be a typical reconnaissance mission. Weapons and equipment are procure on-site."

"But sir, it's just one man."

"Yeah, but he's ours. And by ours, I mean he's Vulpesian Wes Fox's. A former operative of the Vulpesian FOX and FOXHOUND units, moved to Shroomania and joined the FIA. He's goddamn good - the best of the best of the best. I know him personally."

"Does he have a name?"

"In the battlefield, after a week, no one has a name."

John Baylor showed him the file.

"That's our man."

[OOC: Yes. I am sending Solid Snake to the Shadow Empire.]
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!