SD.net's World OOC/Discussion thread?

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Decided to inject tourism into an STGOD, I'm pretty sure if this takes off, the wind will blow one of these civilian airships into Shep or Seaskimmer's airspace and we can have a nice bloody international incident....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:Decided to inject tourism into an STGOD, I'm pretty sure if this takes off, the wind will blow one of these civilian airships into Shep or Seaskimmer's airspace and we can have a nice bloody international incident....
Shep will have them all questioned, inspected, violated then released.

Seaskimmer will use them for target practice with that rifle of his from one of his many palaces.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
The Yosemite Bear

So darn no Hindenburg like explosions via Radar guided SAM batteries?

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Such as from the Sultan or Lord of Liberatopia, such as people of terrorist ties in the Shadow Empire, such as people of purchasable loyalty in the Republic of Mangka or simple second hand economic warfare between countries. It would not be hard for any Tsardom or Imperium to get a dozen people togther, set them to the side as a deniable local producer for international pirates.
I keep getting accused of being a terrorist, my mistake really came back to bite me on the ass. :lol:

Still it might make an interesting plot. :twisted: :D
And lastly Darthshady no way in hell you can afford cruisers... maybe one for your flag-ship but at best your talking Destroyers and under.

*Edit, I take that back Darthshady considering the size of your country you'd be lucky to afford a Destroyer as your Flag ship, Frigates are all you can afford to operate without spending most of your military budget on them.
Thanks for the info. I am trying to keep my military realistic for a country of my size.
I'll stick with frigates and patrol boats.

EDIT:

Oh Shit, Shep has Nukes! :twisted:
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

DarthShady wrote: Thanks for the info. I am trying to keep my military realistic for a country of my size.
I'll stick with frigates and patrol boats.
As many as two dozen patrol boats and maybe a half dozen Frigates. Figure eight Frigates and a Destroyer tops is what your country can support. And that assumes someone just gives you ships free.
DarthShady wrote: Oh Shit, Shep has Nukes! :twisted:
No, Shep has allot of nukes, and perhaps multi-stage nukes.
There's a diffrence, he's always had nukes, or prehaps enough to make a few dozen nukes. Now he might have enough to make the world glow.

Not that he would without a good reason and I'll be damn sure it's a VERY good reason. Not Varmint hunting, no Shep, no hunting Varmits on your ranch with peewee nukes.

Unless I can come

Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
The Yosemite Bear

I still want to see 2000 civilians die in a nuclear fireball from an Airship getting hit by one of shep's nuclear airburst Radar Guided Surface to Air Missiles...

TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

CmdrWilkens wrote:The other Wilkonian vessel (aside from minor shipping vessels on the order of 3-5000 DWT) which folks might be interested in if the LNG carrier which is currently the sole anounced LNG vessel. If you want to trade in gas then you probably want one (or else you can go build and maintain a pipeline).
New Patria is interested in the LNG ship, as we have a large gas field waiting to me taped.
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

As for the megafauna, maybe instead of depth charges, we can go for sonar ping devices? Drive squids mad, make whales kill themselves. Vulpesia's beaches will be full of whales, man. Beaches, man. And we can cook all those whales and turn their blubber into soap! Yes!
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:As for the megafauna, maybe instead of depth charges, we can go for sonar ping devices? Drive squids mad, make whales kill themselves. Vulpesia's beaches will be full of whales, man. Beaches, man. And we can cook all those whales and turn their blubber into soap! Yes!
Be glad they are not nuclear depth charges.

No the Depth charges are for your traditonal, Giant squid is grappling the ship, you can't shoot it without shooting the ship. Drop depth charges over the side and a seriously stunned squid.

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Yeah, but sperm whales also use their sonar to stun squids. With sonar, you won't get fucked if you run out of depth charges. Though how cheap a big-o sonar thinggy is, I don't know.
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Yeah, but sperm whales also use their sonar to stun squids. With sonar, you won't get fucked if you run out of depth charges. Though how cheap a big-o sonar thinggy is, I don't know.

Depth charges are multi-function, worried about Megafauna? Drop a few!
Hungry? Drop one! Collect the fish
Worried about Enemy U-Boats? I don't see why, but ok, take out Das boot!

Keep in mind a few fifty to two hundred pound canisters of high explosives won't exactly cost all that much. Hell I any idiot could put togther a drum of black powder for under 5,000$

Depth charges are CHEAP, Sonar system's powerful enough to stun giant squids? Expensive. A. You need power for said sonar, B. You need the space to install the sonar, and C. You need to pay for the bloody sonar, that's going to be expensive.

Not to mention you can't drive around lighting off the sonar, sonar powerful enough to be used as a stun weapon will kill of small creatures like Dolphins.

Got me?

The Yosemite Bear

/not to mention I'm waiting for shep to arm the dolphins....

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Well... since Shroomania was the cause of this War on the Sea madness, we're the ones with the best and most affordable Depth Charges. Buy from me! Me! MEEEEE! :P
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
The Yosemite Bear

So is anyone willing to accept my tourists?

TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

Sure, and I'm close.
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:So is anyone willing to accept my tourists?
Sure, I'm also close.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Shroomania and the FUNGAL AXIS have lots of islands that are potential tourist traps. Look at WesFox' Vulpesia! We'd love to have Bear tourists, mang. We're a bit far, though...
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

So does anyone here make airliners? Trying to set up an airline here. The ancient city of Constantinople and many of its other cities such as Euphesus welcomes tourists with open arms.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
The Yosemite Bear

I make zepplins and conventional aircraft.

Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:So is anyone willing to accept my tourists?
Sure, why not? We're reasonably close to the Bear Republic, and we have nice weather, clean water, scenic beaches, pristine rain forests, orderly cities...
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:I make zepplins and conventional aircraft.
Boeing 777 and 787 varieties?
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

The Sovereign Kingdom of Zoria is glad to invite your tourists over to our various cities to enjoy our beaches, amusment parks and lets not forget the well run and regulated Districts of Negotiable Affection.

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
The Yosemite Bear

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:
The Yosemite Bear wrote:I make zepplins and conventional aircraft.
Boeing 777 and 787 varieties?
While Boeing is in Washington, I have all the Agriculture & Industry of California as an Island. So I guess I have the Lockheed equivalents.

phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

The ITR can always use more suc---er, I mean, tourists.
Redleader34
Jedi Knight
Location: Flowing through the Animated Ether, finding unsusual creations

Post by Redleader34 »

Tourists? The Nation of 3 R would love them.Visit Our Vice Districts, Tour our tropical Forests, see our factories at work! Come and Enjoy the freedom! Land at the international Airport, and file a flight plan please. I do not want to have to send a SeaKng at you! Thank you, and please come again!
Dan's Art

Bounty on SDN's most annoying
"A spambot, a spambot who can't spell, a spambot who can't spell or spam properly and a spambot with tenure. Tough"choice."