SD.net's World (RAR!)

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Zor
Sith Acolyte

SD.net's World (RAR!)

Post by Zor »

Another thread on these lines.

Today, Q has decided to give the established members of SD.net Forum some power, but decides not to have it contested among other Humans, here each established (50+ posts and not banned) board member is given control of a human state on an earthlike planet somewhere far far away. You can bring twenty five humans with you as well as a house full of stuff, as well as a linkup

The planet in question is would be considered paradice by most people's standards. It has terran ecology transplanted onto it and differs from earth geographically, instead of continents, it is a complex maze of seas and islands, most of which are tropical to temperate due to ocean currents and such. Technology level is basically that of modern day earth, with plenty of fossil fuels. The planet is populated with humans, which are basically a good solid mix of ethnic groups from all over earth with religion being done with one quarter being worshipers of moderate versions of Earth Religions that get along well enough with the rest being either atheists or agnostics.

They assume the title of King/Tsar/Imperator/Ceaser/Whatever, a constitutional monarch. You get a nice Palace in a capital. There is a parliament, but that handles internal affairs. You also have connection to Earth to see how things are going, and for a vacation if so you desire, although only you and your 25 relocated people are allowed to go between worlds with only the cloths on their backs and a backpack worth of stuff.

The size and prowess of your nation is based on your status and postcount. All nations have water barriers.

50-1,000 posts (or having a negative custom title) -Dutchy
-An island between 7,500 Square KM
-Either 250,000 people at a first world level of income or 500,000 at a second world level
-A military of 1,000-2,500 personel (depending on US) and a basic fleet of a couple of Patrol boats and choppers for naval policing. You can de-militerize if so you desire, as is the case with every one of these nations.
-Able to meet local demands for basic foodstuffs, as well as having a single industry/resource export of note, GDP $6,250,000,000 USD per year

1,001-2,500 posts-Principality
-An Island/Island chain with 35,000 square kilometers
-Population: 2.5 Million first world, 5 million second world
-A military with 15,000-30,000 personel with a couple of jet fighters, a dozen or so APCs and other light AFVs and a pair of Halifax-class frigate to go along with a fleet of patrol ships
-Able to meat local food demands, as well as having some local manufacuring of consumer goods and resource export, GDP $62,500,000,000 USD per year

2,501-5,000 Posts-Kingdom
-Total Land Area, 250,000 square kilometers
-Population: 15 million first world, 30 million second world
-Military, 100,000-200,000 personel, Comprable armored/motorized deployment to Royal Army, 150 Jet Fighters, 10 Arleigh Burke-class Destroyers, 40 Halifax Class Frigates and 10 modern Diesel submarines
-Able to produce enough food for export, with industry capable of producing largescale goods such as cars, modern arms industry and some shipbuilding, GPD-$375,000,000,000 USD per year

5,001-20,000 regular posters, Senators and mods minimum-Tsardom
-Total Land Area, 500,000 square kilometers
-Population: 30 million first world
-Military, 400,000 personel, Comprable armored/motorized deployment to double the Royal Army, 300 Jet Fighters, 20 Arleigh Burke-class Destroyers, 60 Halifax Class Frigates and 20 modern Diesel submarines
-Able to produce enough food for export, with industry capable of producing largescale goods such as cars, modern arms industry and shipbuilding, GPD-$750,000,000,000 USD per year

20,001+, Supermods and Administrators-Imperium
-Total Land Area, 1,000,000 square kilometers
-Population: 60 million first world
-Military, 800,000 personel, Comprable armored/motorized deployment comprable to that of the Russian Federation in scale, 600 Jet Fighters, 40 Arleigh Burke-class Destroyers, 120 Halifax Class Frigates and 20 Virginia class Attack subs, one Nimitz class Carrier
-Major food exporter, with industry capable of producing largescale goods such as cars, modern arms industry and shipbuilding, GPD-$1,500,000,000,000 USD per year

There are no other Humans in the star system beyond us and (sorry shep) none of these nations is as of yet has a nuclear arsenal. Each palace is also linked together with a central political web-forum thing for international diplomacy.

So...

1-What do you do with your nation?
2-What happens to this world?

Zor

EDIT-On Request of RougeIce, you can modifiy your fleet acordingling...

2 Halifax FFGs Can be exchanged for a 1 Burke DDG
2 Burke DDGs can be exchanged for 1 Ticonderoga CG/Kirov CGN
2 Ticonderoga CGs/Kirov CGNs can be exchanged for 1 Nimitz CVN
2 Modern diesel submarines can be exchanged for 1 Virginia SSN
Last edited by Zor on 2008-04-06 05:05am, edited 3 times in total.
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Invictus ChiKen
Jedi Council Member

Post by Invictus ChiKen »

This world is fucked. Just as soon as everyone starts ganging up on the weaker powers and taking over there land.

For my part hoping no one here could ever really go through murder on that high a level I let my paraliment do the running and see about getting some green energy sources going.

I'd probably bring my dearest friends along and mostly act as a figure head only stepping in to stop massive levels of stupidity.
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Why so boring? Put the low posters in charge of Third World shitholes, that'd do justice ;)

EDIT: for the purpose of newcomers who start the Chronicles from the beginning, the Red Technocracy information is established here in accessible form:
Coat of Arms and Flag:

Basic facts:
Land Area: 224 022 km²
Population: 28,4 million, 1st world living standards

Army and Airforce: universal draft since 18 year old with one year service for all branches of the military. Armor types for Army and Airforce machine types will be detailed later.
Navy:
2 Ulyanovsk-type CVNs (pr 1443.7): RTS Ivan Drago and RTS Ivan Danko (traded for 8 Destroyers), both with full air wings and Yak-44 AEW planes.
3 Kirov-type CGNs: RTS "Cog", RTS "Atom" and RTS "Rocket" (traded for 6 Destroyers)
16 Admiral Chabanenko-type Destroyers (pr 1155.1 FREGAT - AB-class Destroyer equivalent)
20 Neustrashimy-type Frigates (pr 1445 - Halifax class equivalent)
20 Lada-type submarines (pr 677)
Special Branch: Space Forces, 10-20 billion annual investment in the SPIRAL orbital plane program.

GDP: $500 billion USD
Main industries: energy (thermal, nuclear, hydro), construction, resource extraction (oil, gas, mineral deposits: metal ores, diamonds, uranium), agriculture.
Exports: feed grain, oil, ores, diamonds

Map:

Government:
The Red Technocracy is commanded by the Secretary General.
Last edited by K. A. Pital on 2008-04-06 03:14pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Zablorg
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zablorg »

I steal the federal plan from Chewbaccastan. Then sit in my throne made of diamond and watch the hijinks ensue.
Jupiter Oak Evolution!
ray245
Emperor's Hand

Post by ray245 »

DECLARE WAR on the nation ruled by darth wong!
Zablorg
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zablorg »

ray245 wrote:DECLARE WAR on the nation ruled by darth wong!
Is that wise? His military would pretty much own yours.
Jupiter Oak Evolution!
ray245
Emperor's Hand

Post by ray245 »

Zablorg wrote:
Which is what I am counting on!!

MUHAHAHA...destruction of my nation!!!
Zablorg
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zablorg »

ray245 wrote:
Zablorg wrote:
Which is what I am counting on!!

MUHAHAHA...destruction of my nation!!!
If you're that keen on rendering it forfeit you could just have me assimilate it.
Jupiter Oak Evolution!
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

Check of my postcount

EDIT: YES.

20,001+, Supermods and Administrators
-Total Land Area, 1,000,000 square kilometers
-Population: 60 million first world
-Military, 800,000 personel, Comprable armored/motorized deployment comprable to that of the Russian Federation in scale, 600 Jet Fighters, 40 Arleigh Burke-class Destroyers, 120 Halifax Class Frigates and 20 Virginia class Attack subs, one Nimitz class Carrier
-Major food exporter, with industry capable of producing largescale goods such as cars, modern arms industry and shipbuilding, GPD-$1,500,000,000,000 USD per year

:twisted:

Lets invade everyone else.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

Welcome To The Neverhood!

Basic facts:
Land Area: 460,000 + 30,000 (Island - The Works) + 2,000 (Series of tiny islands)
Population: 29 million, 1st world living standards

National Service : Universal draft & national service since 19 years of age, (however this can be delayed until after a university education), with 1 year of service for all branches of the military, or national/civil service (Such as education or programming). Exemptions are possible under 2 conditions:
  • 1) Exceptional scientific talent or ability, traced through aptitude programs (The National Excellence Program) - In this case free university education is given, under the condition that work is done in the government fundamental science labs for a number of years equal to 3/4 of the years in Uni. Only the best are allowed into this program, and it is highly desired due to the excellent conditions, and massive demand in the private sector for graduates.
  • 2) Exceptional business abilities (Raising companies during university or beforehand) - This is rarer, and carries far less prestige. Under this clause, exemption is granted but Income tax is increased by 15% until a variable sum (going from 500,000 to 5,000,000 USD Equiv, based on the person's basic economic status) is paid via this way.
Armed Forces:
The army is very small (Less than 2% GDP, slightly less than Japan), due to many personnel serving as part of the national/civil service, as well as a conscious focus on a small, professional army with a high level of technology & support, with a strictly defensive focus.
Military, 290,000 personnel, Comparable armored/motorized deployment to the Royal Army, 300 Jet Fighters, 18 Arleigh Burke-class Destroyers, 50 Halifax Class Frigates and 18 modern Diesel submarines. (Smaller than the standard)

Special Branch: Space Materials & Dynamics, 20 billion annual investment in Space race Technologies and designs only, as well as some high-technology components. (Infrastructure is located elsewhere in the Omsk pact, including sattellite launches).
City 42 - The second largest Research & university city in the Neverhood, built & funded jointly with City 42. Hosts a variety of foreign students (From friendly nations, especially the OMSK pact), under the condition that they meet the criteria & demands of the National Excellence Program. (Including years of service). Many end up staying. Located near the Uranium mines, but uses hydro & solar power extensively in the mountains. Future plans include a Particle accellerator, but the budget does not suffice for this yet without cutting out other ongoing projects.

The Archives - Among the largest universities & cities in the world, and home to those accepted into the National Excellence program, along with the top 15% of university students from across the Neverhood. The area is also a technological hothouse due to the large amounts of graduates of the program who go on to create technology & start-up companies. (The large lake, excellent fishing and direct railway to the sea and tourist resorts don't hurt either).

The Works Nanotech plant - Investment in High-precision manufacturing techniques is done in the island of the Works, spurred on by the depletion of resources there, and the resulting surplus in engineers and government subsidies encouraging companies to boost their R&D budgets greatly.

Nuclear, solar & Hydro power is used, with the latter being most common in the canals, and solar Mandatory on all civilian houses (4 panels minimum, 80% Government subsidy). Few Nuclear power plants exist, but construction towards them is being accelerated with foreign aid due to the increasing cost of oil from the depleting fields, and the discovery of Uranium in the mountains. (15 billion USD in training, and construction a year).

11% Of the governments GDP is directly devoted to (Fundamental) research including even R&D subsidies for private companies (A large tax-break is given) as well as the meat of government performed research by various labs, crewed by graduates of the National Excellence Program. (Irregradless of University budgets, & the shared Space & Nuclear programs)

GDP: $500 billion USD
Main industries: Energy (Nuclear,Hydro), resource extraction (gas, diamonds, uranium), Tourism, high-technology projects (including aviation, communications, computer-aided design and manufactures, High efficiency Undersea & deep-mining technology, Space technology, fiber optics).
Mineral resources exist, including oil, but are depleted or have high extraction costs (In the case of the oil), barring Uranium, Diamonds & Metals (recently discovered, and easier to reach due to silting of the channels).
Exports: High technology (Mainly to the Omsk pact), Services, patents, diamonds & diamond cutting

Map:

(Stop laughing! at my drawing)

Government:
Parliament, with 3-5 parties. Monarchy has supreme power, with the king being elected by parliament out of a pool of candidates (Who must go through the national excellence program, even if only in the applied sciences, let alone political studies).

Universal Healthcare, Singapore style. (Free, basic coverage with a token payment for use, and private plans available on government organized clinics).
Immigration is encouraged, albeit with tight education or skill-set requirements, this is tricky due to the many tourists who come to the mountains, seasides and to tour the canals & lakes).
Taxes are moderate, with an income % Capital gains tax kicking in on incomes above 18k USD a year, and going up to 55% on Income Tax & 67% on Capital gains Tax (Billionares). Flat taxes are relatively low (Progressive taxes carry most of the government, along with a substantial amount of government funded companies, and patents [10 year limit]).
Research and education are the nation's mainstays, due to the centuries ago depletion of the once rich coal, gold, & oil reserves, and the renewed emphasis on "Added value labour" along with a strong educational focus on high levels of education (In all fields).
University studies are highly subsidized, but on a sliding scale, Pure arts are unsubsidized, While Physicists, material engineers, Computer Designers (AI) pay 1,500 USD a year (Not including schollarships). Private universties cost more, but many exist, especially to service foreign students, and do benefit from generous tax exemptions & grants.

A universal Genetic & fingerprint database is kept of all citizens and any entering the country. the central servers are storied underneath The Everhood in the lake. (Many Datacenters follow this practice to save on cooling costs).
Urban life is highly centralized, with extensive canal & Underground Metro & overground trains (Electrified). All the large cities have a minimum 8 block building limit, and smaller cities have a minimum 4 block limit, as a long term policy. Suburbs exist in the Capital City of "Garden", spread along the lake to its other side, with transport carried over the lake, the great bridges although entrance to the "Everhood"/Royal Palace is prohibited barring educational tours.

Title: King Hoborg the 303d, Patrician of the Waterways, Sovereign of the Everhood, Supreme Knowledge worker, Vassal of the OMSK pact, Slayer of the Klogger-beast and Marshall of the Dread War-Bot Bil.

National History will follow later. (I need to try to find a budget pie, to help me figure out if my research numbers make sense)/
EDIT: Nation added for newcomers
Last edited by The Grim Squeaker on 2008-04-07 03:22pm, edited 1 time in total.
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
Zablorg
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zablorg »

How about we all invade DEATH's country at the same time and divide the plunder?
Jupiter Oak Evolution!
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Fuck that shit, I earned this goddamn kill-a-thon with my 21,089 posts.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Oni Koneko Damien
Sith Marauder

Post by Oni Koneko Damien »

Only one qualifier: Shep's entire population consists of people of direct arab descent.

Anyways, given some of the posters here, and my own hideously inadequate skills at leadership. I'll voluntarily cede my entire country's territory, economy, military and industrial capacity to a much larger and better equipped country who can provide an independently witnessed and signed treaty (that actually holds some weight), that said dictator will protect my people from the more... genocidal members of this board and their respective militaries.

If my people worship me as a god and refuse to accept leadership from another source, then I'll voluntarily act as little more than a figurehead leader and mouthpiece for the other's dictates, for the greater good of the people who are kind of depending on me for survival.
Gaian Paradigm: Because not all fantasy has to be childish crap.
Ephemeral Pie: Because not all role-playing has to be shallow.
My art: Because not all DA users are talentless emo twits.
"Phant, quit abusing the He-Wench before he turns you into a caged bitch at a Ren Fair and lets the tourists toss half munched turkey legs at your backside." -Mr. Coffee
Invictus ChiKen
Jedi Council Member

Post by Invictus ChiKen »

DEATH wrote: Presumably then, you're stuck at the "2,501-5,000 Posts" level. Assuming your CT isn't a negative title, which is a matter of opinion. As an aside, I give up all claims to this putrid isle, and await my rightful nation of 6,000 posts, someday. Sniff.
In the meantime, who wants extremely cheap slave labour for sale? I can guarantee no labour laws, a good education system, and a ban on unions, large political parties and government expense based welfare!
If you don't want your Island I'll add it to my Nation, further I'll request a protection pack with Chewie, Lady T and Nat.
Darth Hoth
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Hoth »

I mobilise to defend my country against the inevitable invasion and go out with a bang when it comes. No surrender! Hopefully someone will make a film about the Brave Warriors of Hoth in a thousand years, assuming that the planet is not a barren wasteland by then. (Although that is probably its likeliest fate...)
"But there's no story past Episode VI, there's just no story. It's a certain story about Anakin Skywalker and once Anakin Skywalker dies, that's kind of the end of the story. There is no story about Luke Skywalker, I mean apart from the books."

-George "Evil" Lucas
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

I immediately as first act of Sheptopia; establish alliances with Vympeltopia and Stastopia.

Stas: 7,300~ posts: 0.5 million sq km; 30 million pop, 300 Jet Fighters, 20 DDGs, 60 FFGs, 20 SSKs; 543 MBTs, 575 IFVs, 344 SP Howitzers; 63 MRLS.

Vympel: 23,400~ posts: 1 million sq km; 60 million pop, 600 Jet Fighters, 40 DDGs, 120 FFGs, 20 SSNs, 1 CVN; 10,000 MBTs, 12,890 IFVs, 6,010 SP Howitzers, 1,500 MRLS

Shep: 21,000~ posts: 1 million sq km; 60 million pop, 600 Jet Fighters, 40 DDGs, 120 FFGs, 20 SSNs, 1 CVN; 10,000 MBTs, 12,890 IFVs, 6,010 SP Howitzers, 1,500 MRLS

Total Omsk Pact Strength is:

2.5 million square km
150 million pop
1,500 jet aircraft
100 DDGs
300 FFGs
20 SSKs
40 SSNs
2 CVNs
20,575 MBTs
26,355 IFVs
12,364 SP Howitzers
3,063 MRLS

*plays red anthem*

MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

THe first act of the Omsk Pact is to annex DEATHtopia into the glorious fraternal brotherhood of comradeship; gaining us another

0.5 million sq km; 30 million pop, 300 Jet Fighters, 20 DDGs, 60 FFGs, 20 SSKs; 543 MBTs, 575 IFVs, 344 SP Howitzers; 63 MRLS.

ALL HAIL US

MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

As an aside; I immediately open a wormhole to the world of the People's Republic of FUCK YEAH, and bring in TF Cuntpuncher as a 'troubleshooting' group, yeah that's it, a troubleshooting group. Ahehhehehe

K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

2.5 million square km
150 million pop
1,500 jet aircraft
100 DDGs
300 FFGs
20 SSKs
40 SSNs
2 CVNs
20,575 MBTs
26,355 IFVs
12,364 SP Howitzers
3,063 MRLS
Fuck yeah. :twisted:
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
KhyronTheBackstabber
Jedi Council Member

Post by KhyronTheBackstabber »

Screw this invasion crap. My Island nation is going to be a tourist/vacation spot. Think Hawaii with a little bit of Vegas thrown in.
Of course that doesn't mean I'm giving up my military. They'll be well trained to defend the island if need be, but I'm hoping the other nations will see us as a place for R&R, and/or a neutral nation to discuss, and sign treaties.
MM's Zentraedi Warlord/CF's Original Predacon/JL's Mad Titan
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

KhyronTheBackstabber wrote:Of course that doesn't mean I'm giving up my military. They'll be well trained to defend the island if need be, but I'm hoping the other nations will see us as a place for R&R, and/or a neutral nation to discuss, and sign treaties.
Sir, you will sign a 99 year treaty of friendship with the Omsk Pact; allowing us to use your natural harbor(s) as naval bases; and allow us to construct an airfield on your land to base peaceful patrol aircraft from.

MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Due to this blatant act of aggression, at 0700 hours, your island was invaded by several of my VDV battalions; who destroyed your pitiful military and instituted martial law. The status of Raytopia shall be decided later on.

MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Stas Bush wrote:Fuck yeah. :twisted:
Keep in mind that if I counted ALL the tanks on Russian Army lists; we could go up to 40,000~ MBTs as well as 40,000~ IFVs APCs. However, I limited myself to some of the newest stuff, e.g T-72s and T-90s (no T-80s since IIRC the gas turbine is no longer supported in Russia); and BMP-1, 2, and 3.

The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

Stas Bush wrote:
3 million square km
180 million pop
1,800 jet aircraft
120 DDGs
360 FFGs
40 SSKs
60 SSNs
2 CVNs
21,128 MBTs
26,930 IFVs
12,708 SP Howitzers
3,126 MRLS
Updated.
Comrades! Let us first act be a rapid improvement of our industrialization and energy needs! Renewable can wait, save for nuclear power and advanced enrichment, so as to provide a powerful, well educated energy base. Let us expand for our energy needs, as we construct our great socialistic free-market paradise of techtopia-shepopovymptelis. Or whatever the junta decides on :) .
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Stas Bush wrote:
2.5 million square km
150 million pop
1,500 jet aircraft
100 DDGs
300 FFGs
20 SSKs
40 SSNs
2 CVNs
20,575 MBTs
26,355 IFVs
12,364 SP Howitzers
3,063 MRLS
This is great, but none of you actually have any merchant shipping necessary to move all that around.

I think that myself, I would pursue an alliance with similar medium-sized powers in my general area, and form a strong defensive coalition. We'd pool our resources to develop cheap sea mines, integrated and truly massive SAM networks and also ground-based ASMs to launch in huge swarms from camouflaged positions against incoming invasion shipping. Also, I'd order the establishment of covert weapon caches, pre-positioned guerilla bases and have the entire population go through a period of serious military training.

Only when the safety of my island nation is secured this way, can we focus on more peaceful pursuits. The important part here is a tight co-operative alliance of medium powers, so as to discourage the big players from outright invasion. Also, some less-crazy mods may be amenable to a coalition.

It may still not work, though, but what can you do. In case things get really bad, I pack up and go back to Earth :D
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.