40K Dark Heresy: The Recondite War

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

"Nothing of the sort sir and madam. We are merely pursuing suspects to this place, and you will unfortunatly need to be questioned. Please do get dressed, unless you would wish for a larger inquiry?"

Eli closed the door for a minute or two.

"There's a couple in there the Gent's definatly a high borne, I'm giving him a few minutes to sweat before we ask him, who he is, etc. If he's our "Mr. K." then he gets to go for a ride with us. If he's not Well I'll let him go for now. He Crom, get the "Hostage" to give up any useful information in exchange for the emporer's mercy, or should we fill him in on the wonders of modern bionics and what they mean."

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Zablorg
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zablorg »

Crom quickly darted to Eli's ear and whispered

"I think I know this lunatic..."

He rushed back to the chair.

Crom, confused and frustrated, began to rattle the man by the shoulders.

"WHO ARE YOU???", he bellowed.
Jupiter Oak Evolution!
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

The young man in the next room looked at Eli with utter astonishment as he closed the door. Meanwhile, as the two enforcers busily kicked in the other three doors on the first floor to see what was happening, as the bound man jumped in place with a start, screaming at the top of his lungs that 'it' was coming - then he corrected that to 'they're'. He looked Crom in the eye, his own bloodshot eyes evidently having some kind of medical problem as he slowly declared, "They're coming through me. Shoot me now!"

Ajax, meanwhile, tried to pull his sword out, widening the cut and pouring more of the freakishly silent victim's blood onto the floor.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Zablorg
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zablorg »

With an inkling of a possibility, Crom smashed the man on the head with the butt of his pistol with all his might, trying to knock him out.

"AJAX!" he yelled.

"Get up here!"
Jupiter Oak Evolution!
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

Ajax flinches as a voice thunders through the comm network intended for subvocalized messages, nearly clubbing him to his knees and sending his grenade-impaired hearing for another tumble. "Vandire's cavernous butt-dimple, could you BE any louder? I'm on my way." He looks back to the mostly-gutted figure still 'holding' his rapier, growls under his breath, and savagely tries to yank it free. If it comes loose, he charges upstairs with it in his hand. If it stays securely stuck in the figure, he lets it go, snaps, "I want that back, once that fucker's dead," and sprints up the staircase, drawing his pistol on the run.
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
Lancer
Sith Marauder

Post by Lancer »

Mercurius obliged him, aiming his laspistol at the impaled figure and snapping off a shot once Ajax was clear.
Jaevric
Jedi Knight

Post by Jaevric »

Catching up to Scar and Mithras, Darien snarls out, "The bastard heretics are trying psyker tricks on us. Something happened out there in the corridor, so be on your guard if you weren't already."

Probably one of the least-necessary warnings I've ever given, Darien thinks to himself, but under the circumstances I'd rather be thought to be stating the obvious than get asked after this is over, "But why didn't you SAY something?."

Banishing that thought, Darien looks for someone to shoot, preferably without blowing any bits off of Scar or Mithras in the process.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

The heretic Ajax had stabled collapsed as a shot from Mercurius cut through his thigh, making him fall forwards, twisting the sword, up into his chest as he slid down upon it, every bit as dead as a doornail.

There were now only two left alive, the one wounded horribly by Scar’s blade, and another injured by a shot from Mithras’ lasgun.

Upstairs, meanwhile, the man in the chair shook and clenched his hands, but didn’t seem to pass out.

[New Intiative]
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Zablorg
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zablorg »

In a hurried explanation, Crom said "Sorry, I forgot we had beads.."

He leapt around to the other side of the chair, where he lifted the mans eyelids to show their condition, and prompted

"They are coming through, yes? They are coming?"

Crom simply hoped this phenomenon would be applicable to a psychers skills and knowledge.
Jupiter Oak Evolution!
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

The man glowered at Crom. "Yes!" he shouted, "For your own sake, kill me!"
Zablorg
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zablorg »

Crom exhales frustratedly, draws his pistol, and levels it directly with the mans temple.

"Do you want to tell us what was coming through? For our sake?"

After the mans response, Crom closes his eyes and pulls the trigger.
Jupiter Oak Evolution!
Lancer
Sith Marauder

Post by Lancer »

Mercurius switched his aim to the less-wounded of the two remaining guards in the basement and fired his laspistol again.
Block
Jedi Council Member

Post by Block »

Mithras sprayed his target again, attempting to put the guard down for good this time.

Scar looked down at his fallen opponent and smiled. Reversing his grip on the chainsword, he drove it down in a mercy stroke, pushing hard enough to drive through the man's chest and chew into the floor beneath. "May the emperor's light illuminate you," he muttered.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

The guard yelped, the first actual sound any of them had made and turned staggering back a pace, the laspistol vapour-flensing a strip of flesh out of his thigh. Mithras missed, while Scar's blow with the chainsword drove through the enemy, ripping through his chest and head, simply obliterating everything from the base of his spine to the top of his skull in a maelstrom of monomolecular teeth.

Meanwhile, the man upstairs looked at Crom, "Things. Xenos things. They turned the others, and want to summon more, through me... That's all I know!" he snapped, before promptly expiring as he was shot through the head.
Last edited by NecronLord on 2008-08-15 04:08pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jaevric
Jedi Knight

Post by Jaevric »

Darien moves to get a clear shot, opening fire on the injured guard with his shotgun.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

The remaining guard, already wounded, would have been killed outright by Darien's shot anyway. As it was, he was physically knocked from his feet, doubled over, and pulverised in the midriff.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Very Nice Crom, now lets round up the rest of the people on this floor and find out which one is Mr. Kringe...

Though my attempt at trying to use that dreadding fear of the unknown on the one nearest me, probably just bit us. I just remember how the hardest of my former shipmates began to break as we waited for the Arbitors to question us one at a time.....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Zablorg
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zablorg »

Crom activated his bead.

"Or, he might have already left. We don't know."

He began to pace around the room

"In any case, there is a somewhat more disturbing priority. This man claims that he and others have been used to somehow allow Xenos passage to this planet. His insistence on being killed seems to indicate to me that the process of their arrival is very much still in progress.

"I think we should find more of such afflicted and kill or otherwise neutralize the threat."

In his mind, Crom continued to smoke his pipe as he gave Watson a high-five.
Jupiter Oak Evolution!
Block
Jedi Council Member

Post by Block »

With a flick of his wrist Scar cleaned his blade, splattering the floor and wall with blood and gore. A quick press of his thumb on the glowing activation stud cut the motor and the whirring chain slowly spun down. Holding his sword hand slightly away from his body and angling the blade down towards the floor, he looked around the room, searching for signs of warp craft, marks of the Ruinous Powers, or any other foul heresy.

"Eli, Crom, have either of you found Kinge yet? Remember, he's going to try to bully you, he's a noble. Ignore it, we're the ones with the power here. It's obvious this place is important considering the number of guards, so keep your focus," Scar said over the comm.

Turning to the arbiter he remarked, "Darien, you're better at this investigative crap than I am. What do you think? Psyker sweep down here and you questioning people upstairs? Or maybe there's evidence down here to gather? Like I said, not my specialty, I think you've got a good idea where my strengths lie at this point," Scar finished with a predatory grin.
Jaevric
Jedi Knight

Post by Jaevric »

"I'd think having Ajax take a look around down here would definitely be a good idea. Leave a shooter or two with him just in case. We may also want to ask the Regulator if she can get an autopsy done on our friend here -- cause of death is pretty obvious, but they might be able to find out if there's anything else that has been done to him."

Frowning in thought, he says "What he said...they're summoning xenos things that 'turned the others.' I wonder if he meant xenos or daemons? I've never heard of a xenos breed that can be psychically summoned, though I admit that's not one of my areas of expertise. I'd think if they were summoning daemons then it would be a little more obvious. More screaming and dying for one thing. We need more information, I hope we captured that stupid bastard Kinge and in good enough condition to interrogate."

Shrugging, Darien finishes, "I'll look for evidence down here and in any other private areas of the building. The Regulator may have access to a real forensics team that would do a better job, something else we need to ask her. We can let Kinge and his confederates stew for a while. Put them in a situation to make them as uncomfortable and uncertain as possible. If they get a little battered around the edges I won't shed any tears."
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

The room they had purged of heretical guards was a sizeable storage cellar, and now, with time to look around, it seemed like there was no exit from it, save one, a thirty foot long deserted passage with no doors off it, that led to the back door, where of course, a group of enforcers were waiting for any suspects attempting to flee, Despite which, it was an unusual layout.

After a few moments, Mithras could hear something, like a distant whisper, unheard, but distinctly human-sounding, and at the same moment, a spark of discomfort in the forehead blossomed.
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

More than a little irascible after being summoned so noisily upstairs to...not a whole lot let alive, Ajax turns and heads back down to the basement, pausing on his way down to turn and ask, "I could use some backup, just in case...something very strange WAS down there, and we don't know what or why." While the others sort that out, he retrieves his rapier at last, tearing a scrap of unbloodied cloth from one of the heretics to clean it off in the mean time.
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
Jaevric
Jedi Knight

Post by Jaevric »

Mithras blinks and starts rubbing his forehead, then mutters, "Can you hear that? Whispering...I can't quite make out the words..."
Lancer
Sith Marauder

Post by Lancer »

Now that the immediate threat was over, Mercurius took a detailed look around the room and frowned when he saw the passageway. "I did not hear anything." His gaze returned to the passage, and he headed halfway up the stairs to call for one of the Regulators adjutants. "See if you can find me a copy of the floor plans for this building."
Balrog
Jedi Council Member

Post by Balrog »

The guardsman kept rubbing at the sudden pain in his head. "I can hear something, that's for sure. Sounds like a voice, but far away. Can no one else hear it?"
'Ai! ai!' wailed Legolas. 'A Balrog! A Balrog is come!'
Gimli stared with wide eyes. 'Durin's Bane!' he cried, and letting his axe fall he covered his face.
'A Balrog,' muttered Gandalf. 'Now I understand.' He faltered and leaned heavily on his staff. 'What an evil fortune! And I am already weary.'
- J.R.R Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring