40K Dark Heresy: The Danse Macabre

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Hawkwings
Sith Devotee

Re: 40K Dark Heresy: The Danse Macabre

Post by Hawkwings »

Camillia returned the manifest without a word, then looked at the map of the spaceport. She said to Lazarus "Well, they've got to transfer the cargo from the spaceships to some sort of ground transportation, so that's where I think we should look."

She examined the map for something that looked like a cargo offloading area.
Vendetta wrote:Richard Gatling was a pioneer in US national healthcare. On discovering that most soldiers during the American Civil War were dying of disease rather than gunshots, he turned his mind to, rather than providing better sanitary conditions and medical care for troops, creating a machine to make sure they got shot faster.
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

"Thank you for all your help adept," said Varnius, bowing in respect. "Cyrine, can we speak alone?"
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Spaceport

Lazarus nodded in agreement and helped Camillia find one of the several cargo offloading points. The scene seemed regular enough, cargo was loaded off of the ships, random pieces were checked by officials, and then hauling vehicles pulled them away. Large scale commercial ships had their cargo sent to a central area to be sorted appropriately, while often smaller ships took their cargo directly to where it needed to go.

Administratum

The adept nodded and waved his hand dismissively. "Right then, well if that's all you need, I've no doubt got several dozen files that need to be reviewed thricely waiting for me in the time I've spent with you. Of course if there are any less, it only means that the acolytes have been remiss in their duties and need to find some way to speed things up. Good day to the both of you, I trust you can find your way out from here, and if not, it is no longer my problem."
Do not meddle in the affairs of insomniacs, for they are cranky and can do things to you while you sleep.
The Realm of Confusion
"Every time you talk about Teal'c, I keep imagining Thor's ass. Thank you very much for that, you fucking fucker." -Marcao
SG-14: Because in some cases, "Recon" means "Blow up a fucking planet or die trying."
SilCore Wiki! Come take a look!
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Lazarus used the pict recorder to get some shots of the various cargo handling operations around the port. He especially paid attention to entrances and exits, whether or not there was a standardized layout at the various landing facilities and what the security arrangements were like. For instance, was security doing searches for weapons, or was everyone walking around with an auto gun?

"Now we've seen the port, if not the actual landing bay that will be used by those gangers were shacked up with. At least we have an idea of what the ground will look like. We should head back to the rendezvous point unless you can think something else we can try to do."

If we had any actual authority we could get the local enforcers to help us out or maybe search their files, but seeing as we are really low on the totem pole getting a feel for the area probably going to have to suffice.
Hawkwings
Sith Devotee

Post by Hawkwings »

Camillia followed Lazarus as he was taking pictures. On occasion, she pointed out several important points to photograph, and soon enough, they had finished their tour.

"I think we have enough information. Let's get back to the rendezvous."
Vendetta wrote:Richard Gatling was a pioneer in US national healthcare. On discovering that most soldiers during the American Civil War were dying of disease rather than gunshots, he turned his mind to, rather than providing better sanitary conditions and medical care for troops, creating a machine to make sure they got shot faster.
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Hawkwings wrote:Camillia followed Lazarus as he was taking pictures. On occasion, she pointed out several important points to photograph, and soon enough, they had finished their tour.

"I think we have enough information. Let's get back to the rendezvous."
"Right."

Hopefully this wasn't a waste of time.

On they headed back to the rendezvous Lazarus kept his hand near his autopistol and an eye out for trouble.