SDNWorld Redux: Story Thread the Second

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Karmic Knight
Jedi Master

Re: SDNWorld Redux: Story Thread the Second

Post by Karmic Knight »

VEIL Report: 1 April 2011(Spooner Street, Shroomston, the Southern Republic)

7:45 AM: Agents Vega and Winnfield enter apartment complex.

7:50 AM: Informant Martin, no other name given, opens door, allowing Agents Vega and Winnfield into Apartment 369

8:00 AM: Agent Winnfield shoots Suspect #3, lying on couch, asking “Oh, I’m sorry, did I break you concentration?”

8:00 AM: Agents Honeybunny and Pumpkin exit sedan parked outside complex.

8:03-07 AM: Dialog between Agents Honeybunny, Pumpkin and Winnfield and Vega.

8:10 AM: Suspects 1-3 and Suspect Brett killed, Informant Martin is left at scene to meet with Agents Ximenez, Biggles, and Fang.

8:15 AM: Agents Honeybunny, Pumpkin, Vega and, Winnfield exit complex, enter sedan, followed by man matching description of Reverend Fuller (Contracted Agent).

Result:
Pulp Faction:
Agent Ringo Pumpkin
Agent Yolanda Honeybunny
Reverend Jacob Fuller
Agent Jules Winnfield
Agent Vincent Vega
This is an empty country and I am it's king, and I should not be allowed to touch anything.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

250 kilometers above the Earth

The Mercury capsule sped across space, whizzing by at nearly eight kilometers per second, completing a circle around the Earth every 90 minutes. It was the second day of this flight - the most important, if not most glamorous - of the entire space program.

"Sunlight 4, this is Comona, come in."

Maciej Zakoscielny, stuck in the cramped space, had little choice but to respond.

"Hello Comona, this is Sunlight 4."

"It's nice to know you're awake ; We're coming up on T+49. Can you report the state of your instruments to us?"

"Sure thing...", Maciek began reading off his instrument gauges. It was done every couple of hours to see if telemetry was working correctly - so far, there were no faults, "...and fuel states are 60% automatic, 85% manual."

"Copy that, telemetry seems to check out. Let's take a look at this day's checklist tasks..."

Maciej listened to the CAPCOM flight controler at Comona with one ear, but his attention was focused elsewhere. He already completed almost thirty-three orbits, but the sight never ceased to amaze him. The sun began to rise from behind the earth, illuminating the atmosphere with a brilliant, blue halo. The disk itself then rose above the horizon, blasting the small capsule with light. Maciej lowered the viewport filters and remembered something.

"Uh, copy that Comona", he said into the microphone and fished out a Vulpesblad digital camera he bought before the flight from its protective mount. It was somewhat clumsy, working the thing in his suit's gloves, but the camera was modified to accomodate them.

"Comona, I'd like to try taking a picture before the other tasks.", he said into the radio, while setting up the device.

"Uh...roger that, you're clear."

Maciej raised the camera, pointed it towards his viewport and began snapping away. A few minutes later, the pictures were downloaded down to Comona.

"Holy shit...", said Common Carter Connoway, standing next to the workstation of the Flight Operations Director running the mission, "...that's some killer view the boy has up there."

Result:

Mercury 4 flight is proceeding smoothly.
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

The Premier accompanied by a couple of advisers and Elena entered the large meeting room, where Kane was waiting. Much to the Premiers surprise, Kane was not alone. He was with a group of men who looked a lot like the Premier. Shady asked Elena to pinch him, to make sure he wasn't dreaming and she did, she pinched him on the ass.

"Ouch.", The Premier said looking at Elena, "What was that for?"

"That was for being naughty and looking under my skirt yesterday.", she said, "I need the folders from the top shelf, you said."

She grinned and turned back to Kane and the group of men, who were patiently waiting for the rather unusual conversation to end. The Premier scratched his backside and made a painful expression. "Damn, this girl has strong hands.", he thought to himself.

Kane coughed.

"Comrade Premier, ever since the assassination attempt on your life and Sofias death.", he paused briefly trying to determine the Premiers reaction, "I have had my people hard at work to come up with additional security measures."

Shady was still grieving Sofias death, but his new assistant managed to bring out more and more of his old self back, the cheerful and naughty part of the Premier. No doubt the little games they played every day had something to do with it.

"And this is what you came up with?", the Premier asked somewhat amused, but with a serious look on his face. Elena was barely stopping herself from laughing out loud and rolling on the floor.

"This is but one of the new security measures we are employing.", Kane said, "There are many others, but these men will serve as an extra layer of protection, for you, our great leader."

"I see.", The Premier said, "Gentlemen your country owes you a great debt. Should you die in the service of the Glorious Shadow Union, I will personally make you heroes of the USSR."

"It is an honor Comrade Premier.", the men answered.

"If that is all, I have state business to take care of.", Shady said, "Elena, come along, we are already late."

The two left the room in a hurry.

"Why did we leave in a hurry?", Elena asked.

"Because I would have died from internal laughter.", the Premier answered and began to laugh like a maniac. Elena laughed with him.

"Why don't you go and prepare us a sponge bath.", The Premier said and slapped Elena gently on her behind.

"He he Comrade Premier this is very unprofessional of you.", Elena laughed and ran down the corridor.

The Premier laughed and ran after her.

Result: :lol: and other stuff...
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Union Press

Zorians to Space, Zoria puts forward bid for Astronaut

The Hexagon, Port Victory-Today, the Ministry of Defense has put forward a list of Five top RZAF pilots forward to serve on future FASTA spaceflights...

-Group Centurion Hojo Takamine
-Pilum Primus Alexander Williams
-Pilum Prior Björn Torske
-Air Centurion Sarah Fujitani
-Air Centurion Michelle Byhring

All of which are among the best the RZAF has to offer, hopefully, a Zorian Citizen will soon ascend into space.

Port Adria opens to international commerce

Port Adria, Zorian Veleria-Today, at a grand opening cerimony, King Leighton-I officially opened Port Adria to international commerce. Able to handle some eight ships at a time and guarded by the forces of His Majesty's Zorian Military, Port Adria offers a safe bastion in which ships can refuel and resupply off the Velerian coast, as well as serving as a loading center for wood, fish and minerals from mining, fishing and logging efforts and giving Zoria complete control over enterence to the Dragonsnake River and access to it's wealth. Allready, adds have been put out to the various shipping companies of the world to bring in commerce.
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

FASTA bulletin

Mercury 4 lands safely

Exiting the Mercury capsule on the deck of the ORP Stanislaw III Wielki after his four day flight, colonel Maciej Zakoscielny was weak enough to need assitance, but happy nonetheless.

"The Mercury 4 flight brought us a lot of data that was necessary for the Soyuz program ; We have tested all critical systems extensively in a way that was impossible on unmanned flights. Now, production of the first manned-capable Soyuz capsules can proceed in earnest.", Damian Kaklamanis, FASTA Director of Operations, told the Bulletin.

Colonel Zakoscielny will recuperate aboard the Stanislaw III Wielki on his way home, where a heroe's welcome awaits him at the Tri-Cities Metropolitan Area.

Class 2011 astronaut recruitment begins

An agressive marketing campaign was launched yesterday by FASTA in an attempt to gather applicants for Class 2011 astronauts. FASTA officials expect no trouble accomplishing their recruitment goals: already more than 11 000 applications have been filed by people from all walks of life, eager to get into astronaut training.

8K78 rocket variant redesignated

Due to a radical redesign of the upper stage, the 8K78 rocket was redesignated to 11A57. Improvements include a restartable upper stage, required for lofting lunar payloads out of low earth orbit, an upgraded guidance system and newer materials. First rest flights of the booster show promise, and a test orbital flight is planned for April.

Soyuz ballistic flight ends in disaster

Due to a faulty heat shield, the first suborbital flight of an unmanned Soyuz capsule resulted in catastrophe: the capsule broke up and disintegrated in the upper atmosphere, raining debris onto the eastern fringes of the CSR. Investigation is underway, but most likely culprit is poor materials used in the heat shield.

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Comona Island, Space City

"Okay Miranda, steady now...", Svetlana was leaning into the mock Soyuz capsule via the open hatch, observing Miranda's movements. They were practicing re-entry procedures, since every FASTA astronaut had to be qualified in flying the spacecraft in all parts of the mission.

The hot-headed Shroomanian girl looked at the hundreds of instruments with wide-open eyes, tracing every parameter of the descent.

"Your trajectory is drifting...", Svetlana observed, looking at the Holy Display on the right MFD: the one which constantly updated and plotted the re-entry path of the capsule.

"I know!", Miranda shouted, slightly panicky. She hated that program, "What do I do?"

Svetlana looked crossly at her protege. Most Class 2010 astronauts have already graduated the re-entry program, while Miranda still had a tendency to panic. The former CSR fighter pilot decided to coach her through training, but even her patience was coming to an end.

"Go to manual. Rotate the capsule ten degrees..."

Miranda switched control to manual, and grabbed the thruster controls. The Soyuz capsule was quite unaerodynamic compared to the Mercury, and required delicate touch when flown on manual.

"Too much! Correct that...no!"

The mock cockpit locked up and both MFD's displayed a blood-red "MISSION FAILURE" message. A catastrophic one at that: the capsule tumbled and tore itself apart in atmosphere.

"I...I'm sorry Svetlana, I'll...", Miranda looked like she was about to cry. Svetlana stood up and walked off without a word, shooting an angry glance to Deke Slayton, who observed the excercise. He followed her to a nearby office room, while technicians reset the simulator.

"She shouldn't be qualified to fly, comrade.", Svetlana said to Deke as soon as he closed the door, "You know that. Her psych qualifications suck."

"I know...look, she's only on the roster because of political pressure..."

"Yeah, but political pressure has a way of charging through objections. And I want mine noted and in writing, if you please.", Svetlana was used to Party political bullshit, she's seen it a lot way back in her fighter squadron. Incidentally, this meant she knew how to cover her own ass.

"Of course. But Miranda may yet improve...she still has six months."

"Oh please...", Svetlana rolled her eyes, "The entire class managed to pass that program, and she fails it every time."

Coiler
Jedi Knight

Post by Coiler »

Defense Dispatch

Frequesue

Coilerburg submarine construction proceeding well despite governmental change

The shakeups in Coilerburg's high command have not prevented the country from continuing the building of their Swarm-class SSK's for the FTO's Future Arsenal Weapons Systems project.

Four Swarm's have been completed and are in service with the Coilerburg navy.

CBS Swarm
CBS Herd
CBS Flock
CBS Crowd

Now, six more are under construction. Four will go to San Dorado's navy, one will bolster Coilerburg's fleet, and one will go to the navy of Omago.

The Swarm is a small, conventionally powered submarine designed to be deployed in massive quantities for coastal defense....

Opinion: Is San Dorado planning for an invasion of Velaria?

With San Dorado's research into the field of long-range aircraft, as well as their aquisition of an aircraft carrier and commercial support of Arabia, there is rumor that the city state is planning to expand its territory, using its newfound technology to seize Velaria and plunder it for the sake of profts.

Their dealings on the Frequesuean continent have shown the utmost hypocrisy, with them condemning Coilerburg's moves into Sabika-yet at the same time sending occupying forces into that country....

(OOC: Yes, this world sure has its fair share of nutcases.... :P )
Visitor of five museum ships.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

The Seattle Times-Intelligencer

Cayman election race heating up according to analysts

CAYMAN CITY, CAYMAN ISLANDS - The 2011 Cayman electoral campaign could be the most violent in the island chain's history according to a source in the Cascadian State Department. Several leading Cayman news outlets have made a series of reports revealing massive corruption in the administration of President Frederick Truong's ruling National Party, specifically connections with the Cayman Petroleum Company and their acquisition of all noteworthy oil fields inside the Caymanian EEZ for below-market prices.

The National Party, supported by senior military officials and by the majority of the island's wealthy residents, has maintained a slim lead in the polls and won an island-wide election last week on Turcos. This victory has only intensified fears of political violence, though, as even the moderate Liberal Party - the other major party of the Caymans - has accused the government of widespread voter fraud.

The small island chain has only just recovered from the bloody 2003 elections that brought President Truong to power, in which the Caymanian Communist Party was outlawed after sparking riots and protests after the results were announced that led to the deaths of two hundred Caymanians and thousands wounded. Accusations of corruption in both that election, the 2007 elections, and the 2009 interim elections have haunted Truong's administration and party and complicated efforts by Truong to attempt to make peace with opposition parties.

Widespread discontent with the National Party and their corporate backers has most observers of Caymanian politics believing an honest victory by the incumbents is impossible. Several governments have already begun subtle preperations should Truong's party win anyway and spark a new wave of violent political unrest.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

CSR, Palace of the Soviets.

- So these mooks who outlawed the CCP are grasping at last straws to hold power, - Stanislav turned to Yuri Andropovsky. - And you think Alexi's group can reliably hit that guy?

- I swear by my mother, comrade, - Yuri raised a toast. - We'll put some oil into the fire. A little. Not too high, not too low. Aim for the ankle, as my father said when he sniped out the fascists.

Caymans. Off Cayman City.

- Don't you just feel proud of yourself, Alexi? - Korabelnikov was more than sarcastic. - Killing people left and right... if we never pulled your ass out of South Veleria, you could've turned into one of their warlords probably, no?

- One less corrupt shithead walks the Earth. That is the only thing which matters, comrade General, - Alexi smiled and looked at the alarmed city below the mountains.

RED ONE CHANNEL.

- And we interrupt our routine news for a breaking message. In the Caymans, it appears that the head of the electoral commitee was shot in the head by a sniper assassin.

Meanwhile, several strange graffiti appeared on the walls of the slums around Cayman City, saying "If voting is meaningless, those who count the votes will have to count their days". Many are saying that any of the opposition forces could be behind the graffiti, and no party accepted responsibility for the deadly action. The response of the Cayman government is yet to be seen.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Dominion Defense

Sturgeon Joins fleet, Upholder handed over to San Dorado in ceremony
In a dual ceremony yesterday, the latest SSN to join the navy was commissioned while the one of the 3 remaining SSKs in the ODN's arsenal was decommissioned. San Dorado naval officials were on hand to take custody of the retired Upholder.

Following the collapse of a continental enemy, the Ministry of War has determined that the smaller SSKs originally built to attack the Shepistani Navy along the coast are no longer needed in the current climate. An all-SSN force of 10 vessels is planned. [More]

Corvid Rock FOB, Shepistan Exclusion Zone

The FOB had been established at a abandoned Shepistani Army Air Field not far from Corvid Rock Mountain. The mountain itself was a large extinct shield volcano. It was also home to a massive Shepistani bunker complex, repeated surveys by Dominion Hawks indicated that there were 3 main portals, a dozen smaller ones, and ground searching radar indicated the interior could have as much as 30 square miles going deep underground. It was the largest of the Shepistani bunker complexes(although there were many that came close), and unlike many in the exclusion zone, this one was still actively patrolled on the outside. By Special Republican Guard Commandos, no less.

And there was a good reason for them to do so. It was widely held in the MESS Intelligence community that this was the location of Shepistan's gold and silver reserves, as well as the location of some of the senior leadership. FOB Corvid Rock had been established to monitor the facility, and with a battery of 155mms and almost a thousand soldiers for base security, the intent was to stay put. The intact Shepistani air defense radar at the site was an added bonus; keeping it operational enhanced the Old Dominion's security and a detachment from Continental defense Command at Lighthorse AFB was there operating it. A handful of CA101s and 3 AH-1Zs were operating out of the airfield as well, not including the 2 RQ-7s.

An A1C watching the feed from one of the Shadows jolted up. "Looks like portal C is opening" he said, referring to the larger doors on the Eastside of the mountain. The SRGCs typically egressed from the smaller portals, so this was surprised. A small aviation tractor exited, pulling a Mi-17 out. The watch officer frowned. What the hell?

"Looks like they are going to a evening stroll." The A1C said. The Watch Officer kept watching the feed as SRGC personnel boarded the helo, the tractor backed away, and the portal doors closed. The rotors began to spin.

"Right, go ahead and get CHEXMIX spun up, and send the message out. I think this is unusual enough to…" The watch officer was cut off as an airman working comms shouted "Sir? We're getting a transmission…it looks like that Helo is requesting permission to land!"

"Damnit." Muttered the Watch Officer. He picked up the phone and called the CO, and related the events to him. "Let them land." came the response. The Watch Officer relayed that to the Airman working comms. "And send that message out!"

The Mi-17 arrived in less than 10 minutes, with a platoon of Rangers surrounding the helo. Out stepped an officious prick(which was how Colonel Kraft, who was in charge of the mission, thought of him) in, yes, a dress uniform MOPP getup. Un-fucking believable. The name tag read " 'al'Bukka". His rank indicated that he was a Colonel in the Special Republican Guard.

"Colonel , uh, 'al'Bukka, I am Colonel Kraft, commanding officer of this facility…"

"This is our facility, Colonel." came the grating reply behind the mask. "Or, it was until the CSR stabbed us in the back…"

"What? Do you have proof?" Colonel Kraft was surprised, he had been under the impression that the Astarians had finished off Shepistan.

"We do. We have recovered a CSR stealth missile…bah! But that is not why I came."

"Why did you come, Colonel? For months and months you've done your best to either ignore overtures or shoot at folks that approach the complex…"

"Because," Colonel 'al'Bukka sighed "We have almost ten thousand citizens in the facility and…the control chip for our water purification system has broken. Twice. We no longer have any spares, and the piece-of-shit Tonkenese chips were suppose to last decades!"

Kraft pondered this. "Colonel, why don't we go sit down?" he waved at a picnic table down towards the hanger. After the two sat down…"Colonel, are you here to surrender?"

"No, we are not."

"Then why are you here? Surely you must know the Old Dominion has no interest in letting a potential rally point for, uhm, reactionaries continue to exist."

"We had hoped," came 'al'Bukka's voice, sounding very very strained "that you would help us out in the interest of humanitarianism."

"I'm sorry Colonel, but my orders are very clear…"

" 'Loot the country and shoot rock-chuckers'?"

"…I cannot authorize shipments to you. You need to surrender."

Shaking, 'al'Bukka stood up. "May I consult with my commander?"

"Of course."

'Al'Bukka walked towards the waiting Mi-17 and stepped inside. Kraft watched him, fighting the urge to pop the seal on his mask and rub the chafed area. He turned to the J-2. "What do you think?" The navy Lieutenant paused and said "I think that the situation is worse than he is telling. If everything is actually functional he wouldn't have came out here." Kraft nodded. That was much the same conclusion he came to. 10 minutes passed. Then 15. Then, at the 20 minute mark al'Bukka stepped out and marched back over.

"We have civilians. Women and children, Do we have guarantees that nothing…unfortunate will happen to them?"

"You have my word of honor that no one in that bunker, unless they are wanted for crimes against the Old Dominion, will be harmed."

"We know what the honor of Dominoes is worth. We know what you've done at other bunkers. But, we have no choice. We surrender."

"Excellent!" Kraft stood up and extended his hand. Al'Bukka grudgingly shook it.

The next hour was a blur as ODA Rangers and a couple of Dominion Knights fireteams boarded the CA101s, one CH-47F, departed for Portal C. AH-1Z was escorting unless anything bad happened. Kraft went with them, he had to see the inside of this facility for himself. Specifically, he wanted to see what several billion in gold and silver looked like in real life. They arrived at the site, entered the portal where they went through as thorough a de-contamination process as any. In the waiting area was a Major General of the SRG.

"I am General Hakim, Colonel 'al'Bukka will take a team of your men to our reserves…and wherever else they wish to go. Colonel Kraft, if you would follow me please…"

Kraft paused.

"I assure you, Colonel, the money is not going anywhere, and we wouldn't go through this rigmarole just to kill you. Please follow me."

Kraft and a burly Master Sergeant followed the SRG General. He led him into a hospital area, then stopped at a private room. He opened the door and gestured inside. Kraft didn't make it passed the doorframe before he stopped in shock.

"What's a matter Colonel?" Came a wheezing voice. "Haven't you ever seen a ruthless genocidal warmonger before?"

Results: Dun-dun-dun!
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

[Meeting Transcript]
[Foreign Intelligence Service Briefing]
[Classified Most Secret, all ULTRA Secret items redacted]

H.M. Bretton: So you believe an outside agency is currently stirring up the rise of opposition parties in the caymans?

H.M. Wilcox: Yes sirs and ladies...that is the consensus, [aside to H.M. Geoffrey Packard not recorded] Yes the consensus of the working group. While the Caymans have always presented a rather tensely balanced situation and the results are not out of order with island politics there is too much of a coincidence with the recent reports of the ruling party holding a lead.

H.L Brownlee: Mr Wilcox do you have any indication as to who this might be? The Tonkenese, or some rogue elements of the Shepistanis? I see no indication in the report but I am curious.

H.M Wilcox: Yes ma'am the report contains no indication because we have not been able to develop, yet, even a rudimentary understanding of which groups might...

H.L. Brownlee: Why not?

H.M. Wilcox: I'm sorry ma'am?

H.L. Brownlee: Why have we not been able to get any, as you put it, rudimentary, information?

H.M. Wilcox: Most of our sources within the Caymans are [REDACTED] so they have very little chance of being able to ascertain who carried this out. While there have been rumors and indications from lesser agents none of the [REDACTED] agents have yet been able to confirm this. Given the reliability of those we are employing I and my staff...

H.M. Packard: If I may interject...Lady Brownlee as with any groudn operation it falls back upon my division to assess the reliability of our agents and at this time we simply do not have any reliable agents to provide singular confirmation nor do we have multiple lesser agents able to provide coherent multiple confirmations. If that answers your quesiton?

H.L. Brownlee: Yes it does. Thank you Mr Packard...Mr Wilcox please do continue.

H.M. Wilcox: Thank you ma'am. As I was saying the staff feel that we cannot yet at this time provide a firm enough answer on which to act but we are moving towards action.

H.M. Lefferts: This is the action you reference on [REDACTED]?

H.M. Wilcox: Yes sir, given the scope of the operation does expand upon our exisitng operations to more direct action we felt duty bound to come to the Committee.

H.M. Lefferts: Yes indeed, and the funding targets in order to support the operation are these including all contingency funds or do you intend to draw frmo the already existing [REDACTED]?

H.M. Packard: The funding request will cover the extension of operations in support of our objective. This would be in addition to the already approved funds for operations this year but we felt it was neccessarry. An unstable Caymans, or at least a Caymans where we do not have immediate access to the highest corridors and direct infleunce on polciy is one which threatens far too much for us not to react.

H.M Bretton: In that case I beleive this concludes our quesitons unless any other members have an enquiry?

[Several conversations are not recorded at this time however all members of the committee did convese briefly]

H.M. Bretton: Very well then Mr Wilcox and Mr Packard we thank you for your time and this committee will now close this meeting and begin a session vote the result of which you will be informed of by [REDACTED].

H.M. Wilcox: Thank you sirs and ladies.

H.M. Packard: Thank you

MULTIPLE: Thank You

H.M. Bretton: This session is now closed.

Result
The Wilkonian Foreign Intelligence Services are looking into the events in the Caymans
Action of some sort is on the table, and clearly direct action but against whom?
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Adams Capital District

The last year had not been good. It had, in fact, nearly produced a nervous breakdown in President Garrett, who for the most part blamed himself in part for the fates of Astaria and Shepistan and had struggled to maintain his day to day affairs to the extent that his duties required.

Had things been different, he may have ended up like President Stanislav, becoming cold and hardened by the stupendous loss of life and the damned near-run thing that the Pathogen War had been. But he had the support of a loving and quite strong-willed wife and a daughter unwilling to see her father frown so much, a fortitude that allowed for him to survive the entire incident with a bruised conscious but an intact psyche.

The months afterward had been severe from the effects of a complete shutdown of international trade. Cascadia had assisted in the Shinra and Tian Xia-led efforts to quarantine Messica until the crisis passed and the severing of trade from Veleria, as well as the enforced quarantine of all people in Van HAlstoff, took its toll. When those days ended the Cascadian economy was faltering as was the rest of the world's, with the recovery slow and steady. Military spending was cut back to accomodate the situation. A slight silver lining had appeared in that the emergency had permitted him to grip the notorious third rail of the defense budget - the Cascadian Army - and to cut at it, deactivating two of the mechanized infantry brigades of the regular army and combining their best officers and personnel in the inactive reserve with the 3rd Guards Armored Brigade plus trimming the regimental call-ups for the 2011 and 2012 conscription rolls. Orders of new army equipment had also been trimmed away at, freeing up room to accomodate for the emergency and, after-the-fact, to help maintain the RCAF and RCN which were increasingly more important and necessary in the world situation.

There had been some problems. Elements of the Cascadian Army had been necessary to help Adabani authorities maintain order due to that republic's economic woes and a battalion of Marines had restored order in the Ashanti capital after rioting there. The Fredonian government had outright collapsed with that country on the brink of civil war as "elections" drew near.

And now they had the Caymans. The Cascadian government had been among those to denounce the 2003 and 2007 elections as shams, and Garrett himself had harshly criticized the 2009 interim election that had seen the National Party barely maintain it's hold on the legislature of the Caymans despite all projections showing a severe defeat. Cascadian SIA's assets were monitoring the situation there, though the region being a Tonkinese and Wilkonian sandbox limited his willingness to get drawn into problems there - Cascadia had enough problems in Veleria to deal with He would let Purnell's people deal with the Caymans while he focused on trying to salvage the situation in Fredonia and keep an eye on Zoria's aggressive expansion into Eastern Veleria.

His eyes went to recent military estimates...

Actions:
The Shinra Republic Air Force has acquired four Block II SF-10D Strike Condors for T&E purposes. The Block IIs field a more advanced AESA (Active Electronically Scanned Array) integrated into the system than the Block Is, for which the AESA is only optional (The RCAF, after some consideration, was able to get Block IIs instead of Block Is, hence the reason the first models were only delivered in the final two quarters of 2010 instead of coming in 2008 as originally planned).

(OOC: IOW, the Block II SF-10D is equivalent to the F-15SG, while the Block I is equivalent to the F-15K "Slam Eagle".)

The Cascadian Navy has been forced to accept a reduction of the CVA-04 design to ~65,000 tons displacement. However, some authorities indicate that the Republic may procure a second CVA-04 in 2016, two years before the consideration was to be made on producing new carriers or SLEPing the Defiant-class.
Due to this development, the joint aspect of the CVA-04 design is in jeopardy due to Serenite desires for the larger 70,000 ton design.

The 2nd Tactical Squadron has been activated, consisting of the first bulk delivery of SF-10D Strike Condors from Boeing. It has been assigned to 1st Tactical Wing and stationed at Welles Island AFB. 7th Fighter Squadron was re-assigned to 4th Fighter Wing.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

NEWS FLASH:

Alaska Launches First Satellite

Launched into low orbit using a modified Skybolt fired from a Hustler, the craft will be used for orbital maneuvering and docking tests.
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

For Immediate Release
Royal Space Agency
MSA Launch Facility Keppler

The Royal Space Agency is issuing an advisory alert to all high altitude aircraft that the recent 5th "Delta" rocket launch from complex 15 at the MSA Launch Faiclity has suffered a failure in seperation with the third stage of the launch unit. An unspecified cargo is currently in a degenerative sub orbital path which should conclude with total breakup within the next 48 hours. A complete track of the launch is available by all civilian air traffic stations through the MESSamerica Air Traffic Control System.

The RSA is not prepared at this time to speculate as to the cause of the failure or remedies which will be neccessarry prior to the scheduled launch of Delta-6 in May. The Agency at this time is only willing to indicate that the cargo carried contains no radioactive and limited hazardous materials and should present no threat upon final breakup and destruction.

Further enquiries will be taken at the weekly press briefing this Thursday at the regular time.

James Spence Mitchell
Deputy Communciation Director
MSA Launch Facility Keppler

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

Zoom Climb

High over the Orizaco Bay

The flight of four F-111XL’s supercruised at 30,000 feet and Mach 1.7. Far below them glittered the blue waters of the bay. In the distance they could see the emerald green of the northern jungles. If they looked that way, that is. The pilots however were more preoccupied with their instrumentation, and their mission.

“Tango Lead to High Tower”, queried the flight leader, "we are approaching BIG STICK."

"Stand by, Tango Lead", the terse reply of High Tower, the codename for Paragon aerospace control, came from several hundred kilometres away. High Tower had an almost godlike view of the airspace surrounding San Dorado: data from ground stations, fleet sensors, AEW&C craft and the stratellite radar constellations was fed directly into its integrated systems. Little, if anything, could escape its gaze. Today, that gaze was at least partially turned to the high frontiers, and the dummy satellite a Simoleon-D rocket had put into space a few hours earlier.

“High Tower to Tango Lead, we have the target on approach. Feeding you the link.”

In the lead F-111XL Flight Cdr. Eddy Sadler saw the blip appear on his radar screen. “High Tower, I see the target.”

“Confirmed Tango Lead, you are cleared to go as soon as you have a firing solution.”

“Copy that High Tower. Tango Lead to Tango Flight, I have a firing solution and am moving to intercept. Watch my back you guys.”

Wasting no time, Sadler opened the throttle of the two F119-PW-100 engines, rapidly accelerating to well over Mach 2 before abruptly pulling the aircraft in a steep supersonic zoom climb. Rocketing up toward the heavens he swiftly approached the designated launch point. The weapons bay opened up and when Sadler punched the red button on his joystick the AA-101 missile detached, ignited, and then zoomed away from the aircraft as if it was standing still.

The radars of High Tower followed the air-launched multi stage missile all the way until it connected with the dummy satellite, blowing it apart in a rain of free-falling fragments that would burn up over the south pole.

Result: San Dorado tests an air-launched multi-role long-range missile that can be used against aircraft and satellites in LEO.
Last edited by Siege on 2008-11-27 07:14am, edited 1 time in total.
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

FASTA bulletin

FASTA inquires about licensing fees for Lucrelance II, Delta rocket production

In a stunning move, FASTA officials have confirmed rumors that it seeks to acquired foreign made rockets in lieu of the Proton program.

"During times of economic crisis, we are looking at a number of cost-saving options to make better use of our current budget. Developing a new rocket from scratch is quite wasteful when there are already models with the right parameters floating about. We're looking at options from licensing production outright to joint development projects.", said Damian Kaklamanis, FASTa Director of Operations, during a press conference.

Mercury 5 rolled out to launch pad

Mercury 5, the third manned flight in the Mercury program, is ready to launch from the Jerusalem Space Center. According to the current flight schedule, Mercury 5 is the second last manned flight in the program, which will also feature the world's first stand-up EVA - where the astronaut will depressurize the capsule and stand up inside the hatch, without actually leaving the cabin. The pilot will also test recording and photographic equipment in the vacuum of space, in order to gather experience for creation of documentation techniques.

Current Command Pilot designated for the mission is a Byzantine fighter pilot, maj. Nikolas Tatopolus, with Alan Shroompard as his backup.

11K59 flight test succesful

"Ve finally have zomething to launch Soyuz with!", commented Walter Wendt, Chief Pad Leader, Jerusalem Space Center, after observing the succesful test launch of the next generation R-7 rocket, the 11K59 "Soyuz booster". The rocket, sporting capability to loft 6 tonnes onto low earth orbit, will be capable of supporting most Soyuz test flights untill a medium-weight booster become available.

The 11K59 will also possess the capability to launch small interplanetary probes, which has the world scientific community quite excited, and clamoring for grants to launch just such a mission.

Roster of Soyuz program astronauts published

FASTA administration has just published the roster of all astronauts who will particiapte in the Soyuz program. All listed astronauts come from 2009 and 2010 spaceflight classes. The list is suspectible to change.

1. Svetlana Savitskaya, CSR
2. Alan Shroompard, Shroomania (1 flight scheduled before transfer to flight planning)
3. Maciej Zakoscielny, PeZookia
4. Gus Grissom, San Dorado
5. Atos Odemanis, Byzantium
6. Lev Nikolayevich Titov, CSR
7. Iko Kaneda, Zoria
8. Miranda Moonbeam, Shroomania
9. Carter Blake, Vineyards
10. Jacob Kaminsky, PeZookia
11. Reinhold Ewald, Shroomania
12. Christopher Fergusson, Canissia
13. Dale Gardner, San Dorado
14. Konstantin Gorbatko, CSR
15. Georgi Uslov, USSR
16. Istvan Zendri, USSR

(OOC: Gotta go now, more to follow)
Last edited by PeZook on 2008-11-27 12:23pm, edited 1 time in total.

Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

Kittyhawk Gazette
Journal of Aerospace Aviation

Roster For First Manned Space Mission To Be Announced
As preparations for the second test flight of the Silver Streak orbiter enter their final stages the San Dorado Rocket Authority has confirmed it will release the roster for a manned space mission after the second successful launch. Surprisingly, the Rocket Authority also confirmed a rumour that the second astronaut in the two-man Silver Streak crew will be a citizen of Coilerburg. This is most likely another conciliatory measure by the Board to improve relations between San Dorado and Coilerburg. Relations fell to an all time low during the brief invasion of Sabika by the Coilerburg Army, but have been slowly improving ever since the transfer of power from the military back into civilian hands.

Possible Rocket Lease On The Horizon
The multinational space agency FASTA has confirmed that it is looking into the possibility of acquiring the Lucrelance II medium booster rocket from the San Dorado Rocket Authority. Anonymous sources with the SDRA have also informed this magazine that the two agencies are investigating the possible development of a future heavy booster rocket as a joint project. The Rocket Authority so far has refused to officially comment on that development.

Failed Wilkonian Launch Not A Threat
The chief of staff of the armed forces has confirmed that the failed satellite launch yesterday by the Royal Space Agency of Wilkonia is not a threat to the city-state, “or any other state”. A separation failure in the Delta rocket resulted in it putting an ‘unspecified cargo’ in a degenerative sub orbital path. According to the RSA the cargo should break up in the upper atmosphere. The AFSD has confirmed this assessment. “Contrary to the wild-eyed claims made by a particular PeZookian pulp magazine there is no reason to assume there are radioactive elements, hydrazines, or mind-controlling substances aboard this satellite”, a statement read.

Ralson Arms To Develop Laser Satellites
Although the financial budget for Ralson Concerns Ltd. is mostly dry stuff that will excite no-one but the occasional financial expert, there are some peculiarities buried deep inside the several-thousand page document. Most secret projects have been redacted from the publicly available version, but one item stands out: $300 million in funds reserved in FY2011 for ‘Weapons System 567L’, a ‘artificial directed energy satellite prototype’. Presumably the actual development of this ‘killing moon’ is in the hands of the notoriously shady ‘Outside Context Division’.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Mitsubombishi East Velerian Colony

Three years ago Japanistani forces, operating under the technical oversight of Mitsubombishi Heavy Industry Consolidated Corporation, had established this small outpost in eastern Veleria in the unclaimed wilds between Hadhramara and Rangatara. It's purpose had, admittedly, been primarily economical with the intent of expanding Japanistani trade with the relatively stable Rangatara and to make Mitsubombishi money, but the Japanistani government had other intentions when they supported it to the extent of arranging decoy convoys to Veleria to disguise the initial colonization fleet's movement. This post, eventually expanded, could be a Japanistani foothold in Eastern Veleria and an outer base to thwart any efforts by the MESS to interfere with Japanistan's planned expansion into western Veleria.

But then came the Pathogen War. That conflict destroyed the standing of the current leaders of the Japanistani government and caused the Emperor to dismiss them. A new faction came to power that emphasized consolidation of Japanistan's holdings in western Veleria, but deemed the eastern post too distant and unnecessary to support. Mitsubombishi, which suffered from a decline in influence under the new government, further suffered with two outbreaks of severe jungle ailments during the worldwide quarantine period and a number of attacks by the heterodoxical pseudo-Muslim tribes of eastern Veleria. When Zoria offered to buy the post, Mitsubombishi, eager to be rid of it, gladly agreed.

But not all did. Colonel Inagawa Hachiro was a devout ultranationalist and dedicated totally to the expansion and rule of the Crysanthemum Throne. To him the abandonment of territory over which the Emperor held title for such paltry compensation was an act of abomination, of treachery, that could not be tolerated. He had been ordered to be present for the formal ceremony that would hand the outpost, already under de facto control by the Zorians, to official Zorian sovereignty. And he intended to be there....

The Zorian governor was a portly man of part-Japanstani descent, at least to Inagawa's eyes. Like most Japanistani he considered the populations of Serenity and Zoria to be racially impure distant cousins of his own people, no better than the barbarians of east or west. If anything, their existance incensed him even more, and he bristled under the fact that he had to give the order to his honor guards to lower the Empire's standard so that Zoria's could be raised.

The timing turned out perfect for Inagawa and his fellow conspirators. No sooner had the Japanistani flag come off the flagpole than the first shouts and gunshots were heard. Panic soon began to spread through the post. Few knew what was going on; Inagawa was one of that number.
His subordinates, in the prior weeks, had followed through with his plan to inspire the local natives to an attack on the fortified post by inspiring them with hatred for the "pagan" Zorians. Arms had been arranged, and a Lieutenant as faithful to the Emperor as Inagawa was had arranged for a squad of faithful men to seize one of the outpost's main gates and open it to permit the tribals through.

Now an increasing number of the half-naked, screaming savages were rushing through the outpost, killing indiscriminately. Zorians and Japanistani alike were struck down and slaughtered by gun or by blade. One particularly grisly scene to be found was in a newly-dedicated Zorian shrine of their Norse pagan faith, where two tribals mutilated the priest before setting fire to the entire structure.

Some lucky ones would get to the ships, where the crews had enough forewarning by the sounds of battle to arm themselves. They lacked the numbers to force back the hundreds of natives swarming the outpost but they were capable of holding the docks, turning them into a sanctuary for survivors to get to.

As the brutal orgy of rape, murder, and burning happened around him, Inagawa met his surviving conspirators at the old military headquarters. They shut themselves in and barricaded the structure against the natives so they could get down to business. Inagawa and the dozen men with him, all of the Imperial Army, stripped their uniforms off in favor of white kimonos. They formed perfect columns in front of Inagawa with their sitting mats and permitted their senior officer to direct them as each man opened his kimono, took a wakizashi or similar blade, wrapped paper around it, and thrust it into their bellies.

The pain was immense, but Colonel Inagawa's burden of duty would not permit him to fail his men. He had to direct them to perform the hara-kiri properly, without seconds to behead them as was custom. Fighting back the immense pain he performed the proper cuts, not permitting himself even a gasp. Some of his men failed to remain silent, making grunts of effort and of pain as they followed their commander in the ritual and suicidal mutilation. The cuts were made, inch by agonizing inch. One by one they began to pass out from the pain and blood loss from their gored bellies.

And then they were all dead, to be found when Zorian authorities managed to retake the post....

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Imperial Chronicles

At the coffee room

"Someone else is trying to beat us to deploying a space based laser?" said one scientist.

"Yeah, someone is trying to. Good luck to them. They aren't using a solid state laser probably, and even if they do, probably a lower power one."

"How goes the testing?"

"Thus far? The combined dual laser train produced 68KW. We might hit 80KW maybe .. next year or the following?"

"Lots of issues I hear?"

"The laser slabs don't handle the power too well. We might need to seriously consider using 4 30KW laser trains to achieve greater than 100KW."

"The military explicitly states they want 100KW on two trains."

"Well, they have to adjust expectations. Getting there is going to need some new methods of cooling the laser slabs, without causing too much distortion to the beam quality."

"How about those guys who are doing the Beam array?"

"They are making progress, but as you might guess, the far field beam quality isn't stellar."

"They will have to figure something out I guess."
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Former Japanistani East Velerian Colony, Zorian Veleria

Centurion Carson Johnson of the Royal Zorian Marine Corps inspected the war ravaged settlement. His Cohort was airlifted as soon as possible from Port Adria in responce, although by the time they had arrived the deed had largely been done, some 500 people, including 100 Zorian workers, were slaughtered by those fanatics and their barbarian minions. By the Time they arrived the deed was done, nearly everyone of the populace save a few hiding individuals was killed. However, when they did arrive, they managed to bottle up the attacking forces and gun them down in the settlement and gradually irradicate them down to the last person and their savage fanaticism proved no match for the Calm, silent disicpline of Zorian Marines nor the gatling guns of their airships.

He found a young ex-Japanistani child in a home, a girl about seven and picked her up. He tried to keep her calm with what Zorian Japanese he knew, it was not much, nor was it Japanistani proper, but it was close enough and seemed to work. He took her to the helecopter to be taken to Port Adria covering her eyes as he walked by. The Zorian Authorities were carrying off the bodies of Zorians and Japanistanis to be burried in whatever ritual was deemed fit by their culture. However, Cadavers of the Barbarian Attackers and their Japanistani Instigators were also being collected and would receive a special treatment.

Zorian Soldiers had a dirty fact about them that was often brought up distastefully. When it came to human rights and rules of War, Zoria for the most part was a staunch upholder and proponent of them. However, there was one exception to this rule. A point of pride of the Zorian Military was their cold, calculating mentality when it came to war. The ideal Zorian Soldier never reveiled fear to the enemy, but also never bravado, rage, bloodthirst or cruelty, killing to neutralize threats and to acomplish their objectives and only silently, quickly and painlessly sent there foes to oblivion. However, Cadavers of fallen enemies did not feel pain, and were seen as only worthless biological constructs to be dealt with in whatever manner seemed fitting. Zorian Soldiers did not preform burrials on defeated enemies and would normally only cremate the foes of enemy soldiers, How-ever, here under orders of their Pilum, the naked corpses of these savages were gathered up and put into cold storage to be tired up naked to logs to rot in the sun with placards to remind the foes of Zoria what fate awaits them should they seek conflict. This was, of course, after the burning.

HMZS Michael-I, nearby Zorian Veleria

High Admiral Horatio Haugen watched as preperations were made on the flight deck. The Carrier was already on tour nearby when they received word and was currently housing a couple dozen refugees in need of care. He watched as a group of ZA-5's were prepared. They were loaded with a payload of Napalm and had orders to incinerate the surrounding forests while gunships would fire upon the local savages to repell them. Zoria would not tollerate such a threat to her people, and this should show them the message.
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Port Giap
Greater Cayman Island

"So Manuel, how is your day going"

"Bad and then bad again," the merchant looked every bit the part of a two bit criminal lord. From scruffy clothing that seemed to hang from his body to the decorations in and around his mouth Manuel de la Noriega y Huscanya gave the appearence of having just moved up one stop from dealer to supplier. It was a casual lie for he was in fact the biggest mover amongst what passed for an underworld of the Caymans. "You see when outsiders bring their own toys to the party it makes my people nervous. They don't like to be nervous James."

"You know it was not my people and I do not contract with anyone other than you Manuel"

"Except for Alice, you contracted for Alice"

"Yes well that was a special case," for James Grant it was a struggle not to let anything show.The contract hit on a local television personality who was preparing an expose on the burtality of the government's crackdown on the Communist Party hadn't been his job. It had been his agency's but it hadn't been his yet at the same time the shooters were killed and no money ever changed hands so it spoke to the level manuel was dangerous at that he should know the WISH was involved. "We did not wish to let any or your men fall for her charms for what was done had to be done."

"Indeed, given that I no longer have any competition on more than 4 prime blocks of Cayman itself I am not overly concerned."

"In that case I have a proposition," now James could smile, Manuel knew money was headed his way and his opening had made it quite clear that he was ready to do business and very possibly enthusiastically so. "We have no one that needs to be removed as Alice was a special case. Rather we simply will need it to become known certain of your clients with rather more than their typical delivery."

"You know selling out my clients is not good business James"

"It is when they are contracting with Yugi on Andrews to supply them after their new friends shift the dynamic."

"I am not overly concerned about those friends, not in the least because it is so easy to tell who the new friends are."

"Nonetheless my friends are willing to offer something extra in order to see this deal done."

"Well if that is the case then James you must remember family never accepts more than what we ask of others, sit down please."

Result: Wilknoian intelligence Service Houses [WISH] are active in the Caymans. At least one minor killing but right now it looks like some important folks are about to find out they should say no to drugs.

-Kingdom of Heaven
Karmic Knight
Jedi Master

Post by Karmic Knight »

News From the Vinish Press

Marine Corps Plan Scrapped
With the announcement of the Shroom the 777th, any hope for an viable Marine Corps, as proposed multiple times by Supreme Leader Earles of the Earlsi protectorate has been shot down as ‘completely unacceptable in our current economy.’

Committee on Economic Validity Formed

With the King calling for the Grand Assembly to meet indefinitely a new committee has formed to cut clutter. Calling itself the Committee on Economic Validity, it will regard proposals prepared for full meetings on the basis of economic structure. Heading the Committee will be Senator Alexander Mason

VCSS Shroom the 777th Announced

The VCSS Shroom the 777th Outside Thadon

The Commonwealth’s first and only aircraft carrier, bought from San Doardo, started its life out of a Shroomainian shipyard. This Shroomainian influence has caused the Commonwealth Navy to name the ship after the Prime Minsiter of the Isles, Shroom the 777th.

Gizmonic Air Looses Following Carrier Announcement

Three projects Gizmonic has been given regarding the development and production of land based fighters. And instead of getting a nice carrier contract, the company has been put into limbo regarding the aircraft for the completed carrier.

King Says, ‘Aid Options to the ASFR can no longer be confined to the Commonwealth’

West Island Penitentiary Funding Cut
This is an empty country and I am it's king, and I should not be allowed to touch anything.
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

Interrogation

Shipborough, Sabika

“Hello, and good morning, Mr. Cox”, a calm voice said. Reginald Cox blinked twice in rapid succession, trying to wake up and shake the feeling of drowsiness. “I’m sorry for the dizziness and fatigue you must be experiencing right now”, the voice continued. “It is an unfortunate side-effect of the chloroform.”

It was then that Cox realized he was tied up, bound to a chair with tie straps and handcuffs. That was enough to drive the last vestiges of light-headedness from his mind. He tried to move, to no avail. The cuffs wouldn’t budge.

“There’s little use in struggling”, the voice came again. Cox looked around. Shoddy walls of featureless concrete surrounded him. A single white light dotted the ceiling. There was a man in the room. He sat casually on a rickety table, looking at the tied-down man with a bemused look on his face. “Mr. Cox, you and I are going to have a little chat.”

“Who the hell are you? How did I get here? Don’t you know who I am?” Cox was angry, angry and more than a little afraid.

“Who I am doesn’t matter much right now”, the man answered. “As for how you got here… Well, I killed your partner, drugged you, tossed you in a van, and brought you here. And finally, yes I do know exactly who you are. In fact, that is why you are here.”

Brief flashes of memory returned to Cox. A dark street corner, the brief cry of his partner, Officer Ryan, the sudden feeling of a reeking piece of cloth wrapped over his mouth, the faint glimpse of a knife sticking out of Ryan’s back… Perhaps the same knife he now saw sheathed on the other man’s belt. Cold sweat ran down his back. Who the hell was this guy? And what did he want?

“Unfortunately for you”, the stranger conversed as if he was talking about something as mundane as the weather, “I am not currently in possession of sufficient quantities of sodium-penthotal, so we’re going to do this the hard way. I am going to ask questions, and you are going to answer them honestly.”

“Or else?”

The man actually managed to roll his eyes. “Or else there is going to be pain, of course. What did you expect?”

“Fuck you.”

The man punched him, so fast Cox didn’t have time to see it coming, much less evade. A crunching blow broke his nose. Pain seared through his skull. He felt blood run down his lips and chin. “No need to be so impolite, Mr. Cox. Now, what I want to know is, are you or are you not part of the corrupt Sabikan police fraternity known as the ‘Rozzers’?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

Another blow, to his stomach this time. Cox wanted to keel over, but the straps kept him straight up. “Here’s a hint”, the man said, “you can’t bluff if I already know the answer. I know you are a member of the ‘Rozzers’. I know your fraternity supplies information, weapons and explosives to the Sons of Sabika I know you have contacts. I want their names.”

“Go fuck yourself”, Cox spat, sending spatters of blood and spittle flying.

Van Zandt sighed. This was going to take a while. But the corrupt police officer would talk. They all did, in the end.

Result: CBI ‘cleaner’ Van Zandt begins his handiwork in Sabika.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Low Earth Orbit, Mercury 5, T+14 hours

The capsule - just like all the others - was really, really cramped. How the PeZookian managed to survive four days inside one and not go insane, Nikolas Tatopolus had no idea. Oh, sure - all FASTA astronauts were prepared for space missions extensively, including sensory deprivation excercises, but it was still quite unnerving.

"Niko, your heart rate has increased.", came a voice from Mission Control. Yeah, no shit, Niko thought, cringing at the thought that every function of his organism was constantly monitored. He kept these thoughts to himself, though, as he depressed the 'transmit' button.

"Roger that, Comona. I'm just anxious about the EVA."

"Don't worry. Take a few deep breaths, and review the checklist one more time."

Niko flipped the checklist chart he had attached to the upper thigh, and secured the floating paper with a paperclip. He wondered idly what would happen if one of those floated into his circuit board.

"Okay...step one, stow all photographic equipment save the designated space photography camera...", he began reading a list he already had memorized. The time for his EVA was fast approaching, and without a doubt, another heart rate increase would be registered at Mission Control.

"...check hatch seals. One hundred fifty four, repressurize the cabin. One hundred fift five, check pressurization. One hundred fifty six, unseal the suit.", he kept reading, in the brilliant blue light of the Earth above him. His spacecraft was whizzing above Veleria now, moving faster than any manned aircraft. The checklist finished, Nikolas looked at the mission clock.

"Comona, it's time. I'm go for stand-up EVA."

"Copy you go for EVA, begin procedure."

Low Earth Orbit, Mercury 5, T+14 hours 32 minutes

The hatch opened without a sound, save a barely noticeable vibration of the capsule. The Earth's brilliant blue light filled the spacecraft, and Niko paused for the briefest moment, feeling incredible elation.

As if God himself turned his gaze upon me..., he thought, and quietly whispered a prayer to himself. He undid his seat straps, secured his tether and grabbed the hatche's rim. Within a few seconds, he was floating inside the hatch, his body sticking out halfway, and the sight was literally breathtaking.

On Earth, at Comona Island, hundreds of engineers, flight controllers and reporters listened to Niko's comments and gazed upon the earth thanks to a hi-definition digital camera attached to his suit, and another to the capsule.

"I am standing inside the hatch now...incredible, simply incredible sight...the Earth is...above me, I guess...I can see Messica now.", the astronaut commented on his every move. He had to pause periodically to catch his breat, and the flight surgeon was worryingly monitoring his vitals.

"...the feeling in open space is impossible to describe, Comona. Ultimate freedom, unlike anything on Earth...it is rather easy to move, but you have to watch...watch the momentum. My suit does not restrain movement or dexterity of the fingers..."

"Roger that. Okay Niko, we are coming up on Tracking Site C, we want you to try taking photographs of the flares they will launch."

"Copy that Comona...I am extracting the camera now...", there was a brief pause, "The modifications look good, it's easy to use in gloves...I am taking a picture now..."

The conrollers observed Niko's every move. He extracted a modified Vulpesblad camera from its protective bag and pointed it towards the Earth. It was at that point when one of the flight controllers notice something.

"Niko, did you secure the bag's tether to your belt?"

"Wait, Comona...", came an immediate answer, "Oh, goddammit...damn! I lost the bag!"

The entire control center watched helpessly as a small bag full of experimental cameras floated away from the capsule. There was no chance of retrieving it.

"Shit...well, that's gone.", commented the Director Of Flight Operations managing the mission, "No matter. We'll just take more pictures with the Vulpesblad."

Niko, now breathing very heavily, began taking photos of the earth. As his capsule passed over a Messican tracking station, it launched flares to high-altitude. These were photographed - and then the capsule, the stars and of course Earth itself. Some pictures were immediately donwloaded and released to the press.

Ten minutes after Niko opened the hatch, the flight surgeon went on Comona's intercom.

"Flight, his heart rate and blood pressure are up. Oxygen consumption is way above nominal, suit temperature is rising. I say we abort the EVA."

The Director nodded. Niko's checklist became way shorter after he lost the cameras, and there was no point in endangering him for pretty pictures.

"Copy that. Abort EVA."

The CAPCOM, Alan Shroompard himself, acknolwedged the order and radioed it up.

"I copy you Comona, abort the EVA. Hope to get back up here soon.", Niko replied and ducked back inside his capsule.

Result:

- Niko Tatopolus accomplished first stand-up EVA, and tests a single camera. EVA is cut short after astronaut becomes overexherted.

- Earth gets its first piece of space junk - a bag full of cameras worth 50 000 dollars. Its orbit should deteriorate after about a week.

Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

MSA Launch Facility, Eastern Old Dominion

"Oh Lord," muttered José Jiménez as he went through the final check "please don't let me fuck up."

"Say again Eagle? Over." Came the voice of fellow MSA astronaut John Meadow of the Wilkonian Marine Corps from the control tower.

"Nothing! Nothing."

Meadow hit MUTE and chuckled. He hit mute again.

"Relax Jiménez, you'll do fine. Besides, unlike those FASTA pukes you'll be flying something that will eventually go 'pew-pew'! And I know how much you like that..."

"I do like planes that go 'pew-pew' Jiménez admitted. "Everything is done on my end. Can we get this show on the road?"

"Wait One."

"Wait one" ended up being "wait 20minutes". The final countdown soon began, and the Conrad II rocket engines soon ignited, pushing off from the facility. As it lifted off Jiménez rattled off all the conditions, everything appeared to be normal. The X-20 shuddered as the booster fell off, and a sense of weightlessness struck Jiménez as the gees ended and the X-20 reached a cruising altitude of 140km.

"Jiménez! How do you feel?" Came the voice of Meadow. Cheering could be heard in the background.

"As thin as my Academy days." Came the reply. "All conditions appear to be normal. Setting course for OH HOLY SHIT!" A bag of cameras went flying by the canopy. "What the Hell was that?"

Results:The MSA has put it's first astronaut into orbit. The X-20 will make one orbit then land at a airbase in the Shinra Republic.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."