SD.Net World Redux Comment Thread VII

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Re: SD.Net World Redux Comment Thread VII

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

The Seburo Light Combat Armor System doesn't really qualify as a "LOL FUTURE BADGUY" suit, and it's definitely not as flimsy as Zor claims. Photos of the suit in action:

Duke Lelouch models a prototype of the LCAS
Elements of the Langley Army and Langley National Police conduct a bioterror exercise in Ashford City
Two Langley Royal Guards drag Suzaku back to his cell in the Royal Palace's basement after his visitation hours are through
Two Royal Guards and a Langley National Police officer confront Suzaku as Countess Euphemia looks on
How Langley deals with white-collar crime
A Langley Army recruit's gas mask comes loose as he trains in his armor
Royal Guard Vice Commandant Sayoko Shinozaki and two regular Royal Guards come to Baroness Nunnally's aid

It's actually quite similar to Lonestar's kit (sealed gloves and boots, actual armor component slides over the uniform, et cetera), with the most significant difference being the gas mask.

Also, regarding the matter of Emmeria, with the way its military is being described, it sounds an awful lot like a more technologically advanced North Korea. Of course, that begs the question of just how much of that hardware is actually operational.
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
Ryan Thunder
Village Idiot

Post by Ryan Thunder »

Shinn Langley Soryu wrote:Also, regarding the matter of Emmeria, with the way its military is being described, it sounds an awful lot like a more technologically advanced North Korea. Of course, that begs the question of just how much of that hardware is actually operational.
I just think its out and out impossible for him to maintain. I would describe Miratia as "technologically advanced", and I have a fraction of what he does. So either his military is unreasonably large or mine is unreasonably small, and in the latter case I'll be materializing a shitload of assets to compensate.
SDN Worlds 5: Sanctum
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

It's okay for Emmeria to have a ridiculous OrBat and to wage wars of aggression on NPC shitholes because Czechmate is a dick an awesome guy. Not like that shitpiece Baerne and his goddamn baby-killing peacewarkeepers.

:P

Anyway. Hah, that's what Zor and co. get for using Killzone suits. At least my Half-Life Combine things are way more practical! :D
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:It's okay for Emmeria to have a ridiculous OrBat and to wage wars of aggression on NPC shitholes because Czechmate is a dick an awesome guy. Not like that shitpiece Baerne and his goddamn baby-killing peacewarkeepers.

:P
No Shroomy, it's not okay. It's pissing people off. He's bending the rules a bit much, if not outright breaking them.

Anyway. Hah, that's what Zor and co. get for using Killzone suits. At least my Half-Life Combine things are way more practical! :D
Anything more complicated than that(and what the OD uses) is a waste of money in my opinion, money that could be better used elsewhere.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:It's okay for Emmeria to have a ridiculous OrBat and to wage wars of aggression on NPC shitholes because Czechmate is a dick an awesome guy. Not like that shitpiece Baerne and his goddamn baby-killing peacewarkeepers.
Baerne isn't attacking a country that has a mutual-defense pact with Cascadia, so you'll understand if I'm a bit less sanguine about Czech's activities than you. :P
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

:D

Go have bloody adventures with Czech, Steve.
Shady wrote:
Anything more complicated than that(and what the OD uses) is a waste of money in my opinion, money that could be better used elsewhere.
Eh, my (CATO's, really) Civil Protection suits are just sealed police-styled attire with really frightening masks on. And sticks to beat people with.
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

I think Czech's gotten disenchanted with the game again, and is off doing something else.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Ryan Thunder
Village Idiot

Post by Ryan Thunder »

Beowulf wrote:I think Czech's gotten disenchanted with the game again, and is off doing something else.
Bah, good riddance. He's welcome to come back, of course, provided that he's actually gonna, y'know, play by the rules when he does. :lol:
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Next round we should really invert the rules so that the current midget nations like Czech (and Ryan) become Imperiums.

It'd be awesome.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Ryan Thunder
Village Idiot

Post by Ryan Thunder »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Next round we should really invert the rules so that the current midget nations like Czech (and Ryan) become Imperiums.

It'd be awesome.
That'd be madness. I wouldn't know what the hell to do with all that. :P
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Beowulf wrote:I think Czech's gotten disenchanted with the game again, and is off doing something else.
Figures. :lol:
Shroom Man 777 wrote:Next round we should really invert the rules so that the current midget nations like Czech (and Ryan) become Imperiums.

It'd be awesome.
Although that would work to my benefit as well, I don't like it. The current rules work better, by rewarding those who deserve it. A bit more balancing of the nation power levels could be done though.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

The best solution would be to soften the curve. Instead of a Tsardom being half as powerful as an Imperium, raise it to somewhere between 66-75%. Do the same, again, for Kingdoms compared to Tsardoms. And on down.

Also, if we're playing a scenario starting in 1920 or thereabouts, it actually makes the lesser countries more formidable compared to others since Imperiums can't just employ massed airpower to overwhelm a Principality or Duchy's IADS.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

The big thing next game would be for a trifecta of mods (that are not playing characters) that can stay with the game. I'd volunteer for that.
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

I dunno, having multiple mods eliminates the need for a non-player one IMHO. Though perhaps one who's non-player to provide a tie-breaking vote if increased impartiality isn't a bad idea.

CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Steve wrote:I dunno, having multiple mods eliminates the need for a non-player one IMHO. Though perhaps one who's non-player to provide a tie-breaking vote if increased impartiality isn't a bad idea.
I know we kicked the idea of a mod-council around here to decide things but we never really pushed it through. As we keep going at some point we should actually put that in place so that folks don't get too carried away with future-cool tech gadgetry.

I personally think you (Steve), Coyote, and either Stas or PeZook would be a fine trifecta for this game as it balances the two big power blocs with a big unaligned nation.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Eh, I'm of the opinion we should willingly start a new game once we get into the 2020s and beyond, as we're starting to get further and further from relatively "established" technology progress and more and more into the realm of speculation, with all the potential problems that brings up.

TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

Steve wrote:I dunno, having multiple mods eliminates the need for a non-player one IMHO. Though perhaps one who's non-player to provide a tie-breaking vote if increased impartiality isn't a bad idea.
I volunteer to be that guy then. While I enjoy playing in the world, I don't have the time to read everything, and be an in game character.
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

I'd have no objection.

Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Bleh, looking back to several months ago, I shouldn't have had my Navy evacuate the slaves from Star of Sweethaven. Or at least not only do that.

Instead I should've fucking had those choppers carrying boarding teams to get the ship's engines operating again and to incarcerate the crew under charges of piracy due to the carrying of human beings as slaves and kidnapping and brought the whole damned ship back to Van Halstoff.

Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Stas do you have any other plans for diplomatic visits after Tonkin? (That visitalso promises to be quite interesting reading.)
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

I'm not sure if I am up for another game. It's tiring enough to work up the next game and so forth.

And then arguments over tactics over destroying dreadnaughts, how thick the armour belt is etc. will always come along, along with other contentions because people don't really know the limits of 1930/40 technology.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

Q1: Is there going to be a MESS superblock in v3?

Q2: Is Norseman going to be in v3?
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

MKSheppard wrote:Q1: Is there going to be a MESS superblock in v3?
One thing for certain is that I am definitely going to take a different track of being either a neutralist or go do things on my own.
Q2: Is Norseman going to be in v3?
You... are looking forward to gasing or bombing him to dust with Chemical warfare aren't you?
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

I doubt Norseman will return, and frankly if he does I'm putting myself on his border so the instant he does something infuriating regarding slavery I can invade.

.....okay, I'd be less nasty if we extracted from him a promise of "no slavery" and "no more spitroasting". Primarily the former, granted.....

DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Hey Arik, you have a phone call. :P

And yeah, I fully agree with Steve - if anyone(Norsemen or not) tries the slavery thing again, we invade them.