SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread II

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Re: SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread II

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Must've been that time of month! :lol:
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

PUBIC BAY
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Must've been that time of month! :lol:
It was the three hours of sleep she'd gotten, actually.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Taking bets on whether or not The Anglians will show themselves to be womanish plebes that they are and take off and run at a actual challenger. :D
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

So...Fin...are your guys gonna let the Sirta Foundation sift through Janus' rubble to try and save some rare species of bacteria or not? :D
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Kartr_Kana
Jedi Knight

Post by Kartr_Kana »

I get internet tomorrow and will write a post on the Hiigaran's reaction to Shepistans Imperialism.

"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldier will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"
LT. GEN. LEWIS "CHESTY" PULLER, USMC
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

PeZook wrote:So...Fin...are your guys gonna let the Sirta Foundation sift through Janus' rubble to try and save some rare species of bacteria or not? :D
Eh?

I guess sure. BUt really, we were pretty thorough with our jobs....

What on earth do you want the bacteria anyway?
Last edited by Fingolfin_Noldor on 2010-09-13 06:18am, edited 1 time in total.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Yes, like Magister I decided to use the SSD to represent my Command Flagships. It's kind of logical that our designs would resemble one another's, y'know. Being neighbors and such. :wink:
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Ain't we stinkers?
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Lonestar wrote:Ain't we stinkers?
Given Anglia's backing down from annexation and offering a multi-national oversight of Pendleton? Methinks you're a little late. :P

Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Speaking for Umeria, we weren't interested in hegemony and were fairly interested in killing slavers.

Aside from that, what we really wanted was an opportunity to get some of our best sensor suites close to the operations of several other powers' navies... :wink:
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Steve wrote:
Given Anglia's backing down from annexation and offering a multi-national oversight of Pendleton? Methinks you're a little late. :P
I'm sure we could have "multi-national oversights" of any chaotic systems ajoining ours as well, as Shroom the Bragulan Ambassador pointed out.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Lonestar wrote:
Steve wrote:
I'm sure we could have "multi-national oversights" of any chaotic systems ajoining ours as well, as Shroom the Bragulan Ambassador pointed out.
If the Grand Dominion and Shepistan want to deal with craphole worlds in the Badlands we don't particularly care. Though I suspect in the case of the Bragulans launching such interventions on Wild Space systems may not be so feasible if the Sovereignty and Imperium object.

I'd actually imagined the reason the Outback has so many independent worlds is that the various neighboring states signed treaties creating spheres of influence and guaranteeing independence for various worlds. With the Outback I specifically mentioned an "Outback Treaty" that's 400 years old and was signed by the local states and the UN, guaranteeing the independence of worlds like Lochley's Retreat.

If the Dominion and Shepistan want to set off a rush for crappy worlds in the Badlands that will cost far more to garrison and control than they're actually worth, have fun. :P

Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

It wouldn't nessecarily be systems in Shoal regions, killer. I've already mentioned at least one(Meinhof) in Sector BB-1 that is will soon be home to a Dominion naval anchorage.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

I think Umeria and Tianguo might want to have words if Shepistan and the Dominion get too enthusiastic in the Badlands, so there is that to consider as well. I wouldn't think either of us is all that enthused about the prospect of our immediate neighbors going on an expansionist kick, for obvious reasons.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Lonestar wrote:It wouldn't nessecarily be systems in Shoal regions, killer. I've already mentioned at least one(Meinhof) in Sector BB-1 that is will soon be home to a Dominion naval anchorage.
Sure. If nobody objects go ahead. Though outside of shoals, people might start, y'know, objecting.

Granted, Skimmer's not here to object about BB-1.

Just try to remember you can only push a precedent so far before the cover doesn't work. There's a difference between the invasion of Pendleton, a nation breaking international law on a large scale and of no strategic value, and trying to annex a system with a government that heeds to international law, has actual recognition, and a strategic value that your neighbors might not be pleased to see you possess.

Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Simon_Jester wrote:I think Umeria and Tianguo might want to have words if Shepistan and the Dominion get too enthusiastic in the Badlands, so there is that to consider as well. I wouldn't think either of us is all that enthused about the prospect of our immediate neighbors going on an expansionist kick, for obvious reasons.

I don't give a good goddamn what Umeria thinks. :P
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Okay FL, it's time to bring this to an end. I've left the ball in your court; does Forg follow through or does he decide not to die needlessly and to cause the equally-needless deaths of his crew?

I'm perfectly willing to accept a good deal of casualties, both fatalities and people in need of intensive medical care from ruptured eardrums, damaged lungs, or from non-fatal doses of the gas. All I ask is that if you decide to have Forg hit the kill switch, you don't arbitrarily declare immediate and 100% success of the suicide maneuver. I mean, I fully expect a casualty rate of 50%, and half of those casualties being fatalities, but a 100% or near-100% death rate is a bit much.

Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Lonestar wrote:
Simon_Jester wrote:I think Umeria and Tianguo might want to have words if Shepistan and the Dominion get too enthusiastic in the Badlands, so there is that to consider as well. I wouldn't think either of us is all that enthused about the prospect of our immediate neighbors going on an expansionist kick, for obvious reasons.
I don't give a good goddamn what Umeria thinks. :P
Good. We always prefer rational neighbors, but when dealing with someone bound and determined to behave as if they are our enemy, suicidal overconfidence is such a charming form of psychosis. It makes for short, victorious wars, you see.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Lonestar wrote: I don't give a good goddamn what Umeria thinks. :P
Refusing to give a "god damn" what other nations/governments think about them is one of those Dominionite attitudes that transcends centuries and alternate worlds, it seems. :P

Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Steve wrote:Refusing to give a "god damn" what other nations/governments think about them is one of those Dominionite attitudes that transcends centuries and alternate worlds, it seems. :P
If it becomes a matter of consequence, it can be addressed in due time. If not, it remains a charming cultural fillip.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Simon_Jester wrote:Good. We always prefer rational neighbors, but when dealing with someone bound and determined to behave as if they are our enemy, suicidal overconfidence is such a charming form of psychosis. It makes for short, victorious wars, you see.
Ooooo Scary.
:D
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

Lonestar wrote:I'm sure we could have "multi-national oversights" of any chaotic systems ajoining ours as well, as Shroom the Bragulan Ambassador pointed out.
I even have names ready for the picking!
  • New Alliance of Free Stars
  • The Concordance of Alien Nations
  • The United Federation of Worlds
  • The Empire of Shepistan
  • The Empire of Bragule
  • The Empire of Tianguo
  • The Empire of Fairfax
The last four are basically a riff off of the "The Empire of {CaptainName}" in Star Control 2. :D
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

What are those names for?

It's about damn time you posted that Loiny. :P

EDIT:

Yes. Space beasts!

VALKYR
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:
It's about damn time you posted that Loiny. :P
I didn't want to influence Steve in whatever option he chose.