SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread VI

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Re: SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread VI

Post by Simon_Jester »

My first act as senior mod is to forbid KlavoHunter from rolling his R's for a period of three days.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

Only now at the end do you understand.

:mrgreen:
An inhabitant from the Island of Cars.
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

Hey, at least the first act wasn't a reorganization of this SDNW into sumkinda Galactic Empire...
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

Nah, Simon wouldn't do that. Galactic Technocracy of Doom, that I could see.
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Gentlemen, that would mean war, there are other mods - who would not give up their power easily. :P
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

That wouldn't make a bad game, actually - war between the mods of an STGOD. Not very 4th-wall-friendly, though.
Conversion Table:

Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Eh, I'm not much of a power-mad tyrant by inclination.
KlavoHunter
Jedi Master

Post by KlavoHunter »

Ohs my gods, Zor! BRAGULAN DEMOCRACY! I love it!
"The 4th Earl of Hereford led the fight on the bridge, but he and his men were caught in the arrow fire. Then one of de Harclay's pikemen, concealed beneath the bridge, thrust upwards between the planks and skewered the Earl of Hereford through the anus, twisting the head of the iron pike into his intestines. His dying screams turned the advance into a panic."'

SDNW4: The Sultanate of Klavostan
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Heheh. For some reason, it reminds me of post-revolutionary France. And yeah, that would probably be what Brag democracy would look like, given their genetic predisposition to be assholes. Between that and Korean-style Parliamentary royal rumbles, with stick! :D
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

Genetic, you say? How does one code for assholishness? Is it original, or a mutation from all the radiation floating around?
Conversion Table:

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Maybe it was a mutation from the radiation, which got accelerated during the first nuclear war on Bragule, when Byzon goaded the then-superpowers to fight each other. X-BRAGS: FIRST CLASS

Byzon wears a helmet so bald-headed Solarians can't read his mind.

Kevin Bacon? Kevin BYZON.

ALSO:

Guise, I know this sounds nitpicky and shits, but I think the Military Vehicles of the Galaxy wiki is kind of redundant since there are several specific military vehicles of other nations wikis out there (like the Atlanteans, Bragulans and Solarians and other nations). And as you can see in the Military Vehicles of the Galaxy wiki, a lot of those entries are directly copy-pasted from Zor's own Vehicles of the Commonwealth wiki which is redundant.

Maybe it would make sense if the Military Vehicles of the Galaxy wiki contains war machines from other nations that aren't already listed in other nations' own military vehicles wikis (to prevent repetitiveness/redundantness). I don't intend to put Bragulan vehicles in the Military Vehicles of the Galaxy wiki because I already have my own specific Imperial Legions Warmahines wiki, and to list Brag vehicles in BOTH wikis would be redundant (and it would be a bitch to edit both of them). But I might want to put some Feelipeeni or Frodian or other vehicles from smaller militaries without specific wikis of their own in the Military Vehicles of the Galaxy wiki.
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

Bragulans are just assholes by galactic standards. By their own, you guys are just big babies.
Truth fears no trial.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Guise, I know this sounds nitpicky and shits, but I think the Military Vehicles of the Galaxy wiki is kind of redundant since there are several specific military vehicles of other nations wikis out there (like the Atlanteans, Bragulans and Solarians and other nations). And as you can see in the Military Vehicles of the Galaxy wiki, a lot of those entries are directly copy-pasted from Zor's own Vehicles of the Commonwealth wiki which is redundant.

Maybe it would make sense if the Military Vehicles of the Galaxy wiki contains war machines from other nations that aren't already listed in other nations' own military vehicles wikis (to prevent repetitiveness/redundantness). I don't intend to put Bragulan vehicles in the Military Vehicles of the Galaxy wiki because I already have my own specific Imperial Legions Warmahines wiki, and to list Brag vehicles in BOTH wikis would be redundant (and it would be a bitch to edit both of them). But I might want to put some Feelipeeni or Frodian or other vehicles from smaller militaries without specific wikis of their own in the Military Vehicles of the Galaxy wiki.
For those with their own article, they could summarize in the "Military Vehicles of the Galaxy" page, while including a main article tag to their own page. It would require one to pretty much reorganize it to have headers by nation, rather than vehicle type.

For those who don't know, the Main Article tage looks like this:

Code: Select all

{{Main | Article Title}}
Just a thought on that.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Headers by nation probably makes more sense anyway. Different nations may have tactical doctrines so far apart that the vehicles don't much resemble each other; I might have tracked armor and APCs while you have flying dropships and giant robots with jetpacks or something.

Posting by nation would let you arrange the vehicles of your nation in a way that shows how they fit together in a coherent scheme.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

I'll get right to Thy.... I can't pronounce the rest of it *Apexai sneers at primitive apes* as soon as I can. Between this and the Xena attack that just... won't... flow. Urgh.

And I've been busy this weekend. Unusual social activity in my usually hermetic existence. It is my inner Zigonian.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Re-reading my Btech novels suddenly has me wanting to add BattleMechs to the Anglian Army's TO&E.....
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

You want mecha in your army?

HERESY

*informs HAB of this new development*
An inhabitant from the Island of Cars.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Ford Prefect Country's STRAK Industries, renowned designer and manufacturer of mechas, is willing to provide Anglia with the most advanced Gundamn designs complete with armored bearskins (bragskins?).

The John Bull Gundamn.

Be forewarned, though, STRAK has also offered the perfidious French Gundamns with the most formidable bionic bicorns.

Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

But do they come with shoulder-mounted howitzers?
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Bah! I don't want no stinkin' Gundams.

I want these.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Bah.

You will all bow before the God Machines.

Praise the Emperor.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Ah, 40Kers and their, uh, size issues. :twisted:

Ryan Thunder
Village Idiot

Post by Ryan Thunder »

Well, as long as we're all waving our mecha dicks around...
Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:Bah.

You will all bow before the God Machines.

<snip>

Praise the Emperor.
Meh.

SDN Worlds 5: Sanctum
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Compensation issues anyone? :twisted:

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Doesn't matter when Wilkins will land his space army across Nova Miratia's space river and Nova Miratian fortifications and defenses can't do anything to stop them or anything! :D
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!