40K Dark Heresy: The Danse Macabre

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Feil
Jedi Council Member

Post by Feil »

Imperial Overlord wrote:"Can you think of anyway to sneak a message to our beloved commander?" Varnius asked Cyrine. "I'm drawing a blank. We aren't going to be let passed the gate under quarantine regs."
"We could try to make contact through someone else. The Guard, maybe, or the ship we came in on. I agree that physical contact would be impossible, and any legitimate reason for sending word without a bureaucratic proxy would also give the Arbitrators an excuse to quarantine us."
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

"How can we contact the Guard and make sure we get through to Greis?" asked Varnius as he considered the option. "Direct contact is out and the locals weren't exactly in love with us."
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Feil
Jedi Council Member

Post by Feil »

Imperial Overlord wrote:"How can we contact the Guard and make sure we get through to Greis?" asked Varnius as he considered the option. "Direct contact is out and the locals weren't exactly in love with us."
Cyrine made sure nobody was listening in before responding.

"He told us he was "Captain Greis of the Hellforged Legion," and we're supposed to be his personal retainers. We have a legitimate reason to contact him - or we will if he's done enough paperwork to make us official - and we have his name, rank, and unit. That should be enough to make sure we get through to the right person. I don't know how we can contact the Guard, though."
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

"Hmmm," said Varnius. "I think I can work with that. The Arbites. . . fuck. We can't go through them for a com channel."
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Feil
Jedi Council Member

Post by Feil »

"What about the Administratum? Zachary got us into their offices near here before...."
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

"That's a possibility," said Varnius. "Let's see if we can get some results." He started walking in the direction of the Administratum building. With just a little luck they might be able to make some progress with this mess.
Feil
Jedi Council Member

Post by Feil »

Cyrine went with Varnius to the Administratum building.
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Once Lazarus had seen the checkpoints rounding up soldiers, he quickly retreated back to the train station. Once there he changed into a new civilian outfit that had a long trench coat to hide his armor under.

He decided to wait outside the station for the planned rendezvous with the rest of the team. Going to the Spaceport would have to be scrubbed for now.

Things are a bit too hinky to be gallivanting around. By the Emperor I hope Varnius can get us some orders instead of getting shot.

Lazarus kept a close watch on the surroundings and tried to think of a decent move to make besides just waiting for the rest of the team to check in.
Last edited by Raj Ahten on 2008-09-19 08:40pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

The patrols of Arbites thinned slightly on the way to the Administratum, but they were still clearly out in force. The steps to the Adminstratum were, however, clear of barricades, and it appeared that despite all of the disturbance outside that within those walls, very little had changed from the last time the Acolytes had been here.
Do not meddle in the affairs of insomniacs, for they are cranky and can do things to you while you sleep.
The Realm of Confusion
"Every time you talk about Teal'c, I keep imagining Thor's ass. Thank you very much for that, you fucking fucker." -Marcao
SG-14: Because in some cases, "Recon" means "Blow up a fucking planet or die trying."
SilCore Wiki! Come take a look!
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

"You know your way around here?" Varnius asked Cyrine.
Feil
Jedi Council Member

Post by Feil »

Cyrine pointed up the steps at the Administratum building.

"There are servitors guarding the doors, but they let us in last time."
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

"Let's hope they do this time as well," said Varnius as he approached the steps.
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

The servitors continued about their business, paying little mind to the advancing Acolytes as they walked inside of the building. Within, activity abounded. Tiny, hunched over men were picking up the errant scrolls and data slates dropped by the nearly mindless servitors, all while automated quills were busily taking notes on the rising din of the building.
Do not meddle in the affairs of insomniacs, for they are cranky and can do things to you while you sleep.
The Realm of Confusion
"Every time you talk about Teal'c, I keep imagining Thor's ass. Thank you very much for that, you fucking fucker." -Marcao
SG-14: Because in some cases, "Recon" means "Blow up a fucking planet or die trying."
Feil
Jedi Council Member

Post by Feil »

Cyrine accompanied Varnius deeper into the Administratum building, looking around for something or someone they could use to to contact the Guard.

"Okay, we're here," she said, turning to Varnius. "You have any ideas?"
Hawkwings
Sith Devotee

Post by Hawkwings »

Camillia found Lazarus at the rendezvous point in the train station. She too had seen the checkpoints and the rounding up of Guardsmen coming up from the underhive. After changing into clothes more appropriate for this level of the hive, she wandered around the shops and food stalls in the station before coming back to where Lazarus was and casually saying "All this commotion around the Guard base should mean that the Arbites won't be as thick everywhere else, including the spaceport, right?"
Vendetta wrote:Richard Gatling was a pioneer in US national healthcare. On discovering that most soldiers during the American Civil War were dying of disease rather than gunshots, he turned his mind to, rather than providing better sanitary conditions and medical care for troops, creating a machine to make sure they got shot faster.
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Hawkwings wrote:Camillia found Lazarus at the rendezvous point in the train station. She too had seen the checkpoints and the rounding up of Guardsmen coming up from the underhive. After changing into clothes more appropriate for this level of the hive, she wandered around the shops and food stalls in the station before coming back to where Lazarus was and casually saying "All this commotion around the Guard base should mean that the Arbites won't be as thick everywhere else, including the spaceport, right?"
Lazarus frowned.

"For all we know there is a general lock down, with increased security everywhere. You want to check out the space port in the middle of this shit don't you?"

That might actually be worth a shot, as Camilla's a psyker. They tend to be handy in a rough spot. Fuck it. I'm not going to find out anything sitting around here.

"If you want to go recon the spaceport let's go do it. I’ve got to stash some of this ordinance though,"
Lazarus said, hefting his duffle bag full of guns for emphasis.

Lazarus kept his las pistol, his recently acquired auto pistol, his remaining frag grenade and some ammunition on his person while stashing everything else in one of the lockers. Going around with long arms with out a uniform wasn't very low key.
Hawkwings
Sith Devotee

Post by Hawkwings »

Camillia gestured to Lazarus' bag and said "Mind if I take a look in there? I could use something more substantial if we get into some trouble."
Vendetta wrote:Richard Gatling was a pioneer in US national healthcare. On discovering that most soldiers during the American Civil War were dying of disease rather than gunshots, he turned his mind to, rather than providing better sanitary conditions and medical care for troops, creating a machine to make sure they got shot faster.
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Hawkwings wrote:Camillia gestured to Lazarus' bag and said "Mind if I take a look in there? I could use something more substantial if we get into some trouble."
Lazarus retrieved the bag from the locker and showed Camilla the small arsenal inside. The guardsman was carefull not to let anyone else get a look though.

The bag contains:
-Autogun with 8 clips
-Lasgun with overcharge pack and two charge packs
-Hunting Rifle with 4 clips
-Shotgun with 24 shells.
Hawkwings
Sith Devotee

Post by Hawkwings »

Camillia looked at the long guns in the bag and shook her head. She would attract far too much attention up here walking around with one of those, and none were concealable without suspicion considering the clothes common on this level of the hive. Gesturing for Lazarus to return the bag, she said "I guess we'll just have to not get into any trouble then. At least, not the kind that involves any shooting."

After the bag was secured, Camillia went looking for a shuttle or tram that ran from the train station to the spaceport. She figured that one should be relatively easy to find, but probably not free.
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Between Lazarus and Camilla, they were quickly able to find a tram heading for the spaceport.
The guardsmen put up his last bit of cash to get tram tickets for Camilla and him.

I suppose I could sell a gun if I need some more cash; firearms are one thing we aren't short of on this damn mission at least.

It looked like it would be a long ride.
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

"I'm not the one who has been here before," said Varnius, "but we should look for a more senior adept and ask for communications access. We are adeptus on the Emperor's business, which should help grease the wheels." He looked around to see if anyone met that particular description.
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Spaceport

The light rail line did not take long to get to the spaceport, and the trip was largely uneventful. Several interesting smells and people belonging to them wandered through the train.

At the spaceport, the presence of Arbites was lessened, compared to the cordon line near the Guard base, but there were still heightened patrols. Other than that, the Starport was as busy as one would expect, with shipments coming on and off at regular intervals.

Adminstratum Building

Amidst the chaos, an older man with heavy cybernetic modifications was hunched over a set of books, shaking his head slowly and frowning at the text in front of him. "No, no, this will not do. The acolytes do not know their left hands from their right, it seems. I told Gerard this was going to be a problem..."
The Realm of Confusion
Feil
Jedi Council Member

Post by Feil »

Cyrine tried to get a look at what the text said.
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Before Cyrine could get close enough to peer at the words on the books the older adept was looking at, a floating skull whizzed through the air in front of her. The older man did not bother to look up, but the skull buzzed around , as if taking stock of her and Varnius. "You're coming dangerously close to reducing my reading light, young woman, and that's something only a few in this building are allowed to do except in an emergency, and even then I could still have you flogged for not undergoing the proper rituals. What do you want?"
The Realm of Confusion
Feil
Jedi Council Member

Post by Feil »

Cyrine bowed differentially. "I am sorry, sir. My associate and I were just trying to find a senior adept who could permit us to contact our master in the Hellforged Legion."

She waited to be dismissed or replied to.