SD.Net World(RAR!) MK III

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Tian Xia Athletes Compete

Above can be seen a member of the Olympic Soccer Team. Other events being competed in include, but are not limited to the Summer Biathlon, Wrestling, Track and Field, and the Ultra-Marathon.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Grand Moff Yenchin
Sith Devotee

Post by Grand Moff Yenchin »

Mangka Women's Softball Team Prepared and Ready

Reika Matsumada, team pitcher is eager to test her "Fastbomb" against the best players from all over the world.

Joanna Kao, team catcher says, "Bring it on."
1st Plt. Comm. of the Warwolves
Member of Justice League
"People can't see Buddha so they say he doesn't have a body, since his body is formed of atoms, of course you can't see it. Saying he doesn't have a body is correct"- Li HongZhi
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

Group of Nukistani Forces Neverhood Headquarters, East Neverhood

General Ye was a very busy man; the fighting on the Piedmont plains in Shepnukistan had stalled out recently, with both sides retreating to lick their wounds; it was said that nearly two hundred tanks now littered the Piedmont plains, along with another hundred Bradleys. Sporadic shelling continued from both sides; in both conventional and FASCAM bomblets; making any movement a tricky chore.

Suddenly, the intercom on his desk came to life. "Sir, a Major Harris is here for you with your promotion orders."

"Promotion orders? I'm a four-star general, the only person who can promote me to Five Star is the President himself."

"And that's the whole damn point, Ye." came the voice from the doorway. Ye looked up into the face of....President Sheppard?!?

"But you're..." began Ye, but Sheppard cut him off.

"Dead? I assure you, the rumors of my demise have been wildly exaggerated. Rest assured that Major Harris' family will have no expense spared for their future thanks to his courageous sacrifice."

"I of course knew that something was up, there were rumors being picked up from the intelligence services, but nothing concrete enough to remove Vice President Garner without a lot of political turmoil; so when my E-4B landed to replenish it's lube oil before the trip to Atlantis, I switched places with the poor Major."

"Well, now it's all moot; Garner has shown himself to be a traitor of the highest order, and Bean has been shown to be a meglomaniac of the highest order as well."

"What do we do now, Mr President?"

"Why, we announce the fact that I'm actually alive and well on every possible channel."
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

LIVE on ShroomSat/StratTV
The Sovereign Shroomanian Sentinel and ESPN 8 - The Ocho!
OLYMPIC OVERDRIVE!

After several delays brought about by international crises, near-nuclear wars, and other forms of geopolitical catastrophe - the Canissian Olympics is now ready to start, after no less than a year's delay!

The Sovereignty of Shroomania is sending its world-renowned team of Macho Men and He Men to compete in all the Olympic games, from archery to log-tossing, but amongst the most anticipated contests are those involving extreme feats of masculinity, strength, endurance, and manliness.

Ever since the Olympics were first proposed, and even during the delays wrought about by near-nuclear war, the Shroomanian sportsmen (and women) have been hard at work, getting ready and pumping iron.

Nova Terrans all over the world are not expecting a friendly contest so much as a spectacle of mighty manly magnificence.

Shroomanian weightlifters pose for a photo after pumping iron for the Olympics.

Despite allegations of rampant steroid abuse, the Canissian authorities have found no trace of illicit substances in the urines or mammaries of the Shroomanian sportsmen and have cleared them for the games.

One of the bouts the world looks forward to the most is the inevitable 'Clash of the Titans' between the Shroomanian Stallion - Rock Stronggo - and the sports hero of the Red Technocracy, Ivan Drago - the man with an aircraft carrier named after him.

The Shroomanian Stallion shows off his muscles after a glorious victory.

"Maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know, I don't know." says Rock Stronggo in a recent interview, eagerly anticipating his upcoming match with his Red rival.

"Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Drago. And if I can go that distance, ya see, and that bell rings, ya know, and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, ya see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."

When asked what he thought of his rival, the normally silent Red Technocracy's Ivan Dragon answered: "He's not human. He's like a piece of iron."

BodyOil will be a primary sponsor of the Canissian Olympics.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Ivan Drago: the silent menace

Determined to crush all opponents, Ivan Drago, the Red Technocracy's prime fighter today gave a short interview.

He said of the upcoming match: "I will crush him! However, I already have action figures and a massive industry exalting my name at home. So it's not like I care... but I will not dissappoint the Secretary General!"

Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Grand Moff Yenchin wrote:Dining Hall, Presidential Palace, Shinra Republic

"Yes, for peace." A word which meant a lot. "And our gratefulness for the Shinra Republic and the FUN."

Wonderful dishes began to show upon the table.

"Honorable leaders, I would be grateful for you to be frank here. What is your opinion of Terra Libertia?"
"If I am to be frank, I find the current state of Terra Libertia a result of an easily avoidable tragedy, and a silent testament to the hubris of human leaders."

The hall was silent for a while after that statement. Most people were still wondering whether they should be offended or not, but then aides started rushing in and whispering in their ears, and the PeZookian king was no exception.

"That magnificient bastard!", the King exclaimed

When his Queen looked at him, surprised, he explained

"Shep is back, honey. Just great.", he grumbled, going back to his food.
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Astoria Evening News

Gottish "Mole" to be lended to PeZookia

The "Mole" vehicle of Bear Republican manufacture has been lended to PeZookia without charge by the Gottish authorities. The Mole, currently being disassembled and loaded on board one of PeZookian Marchant Marine FCS freighters, will be used for excavation of subway tunnels and massive underground fallout shelters.

"This marvellous piece of engineering will massively accelerate the infrastructure construction program. We were, in fact, planning to purchase one "Mole" for precisely this purpose, but Gottland was kind enough to lend us theirs. We intend to use it for about two years, at which point we can pass it on to other FUN memebrs who require such a piece of equipment.", said the Minister of the Interior during a press conference.

Experts confirm the Minister's enthusiasm, saying that all major infrastructural and civil defence program will benefit from using the "Mole". Already, time on the machine is being assigned eight months in advance, and the National Armored Vehicle Manufacturing Plant is constructing a specially modified railway platform designed to move the device between cities.

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Constantinople Times

First Bear Republic Mole vehicle finished

Specifications and blueprints purchased from Bear Republic for 500 million finally bore fruit after months of construction on 24hr schedules. Factories worked day and night retooling and finally producing the final product. The mole vehicle will be used to excavate tunnles for the Empire's deep bunkers. More mole vehicles are under construction at the moment.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Grand Moff Yenchin
Sith Devotee

The King's answer was so far away yet so near at the same time. The Sultan decided not to ask further. He realised he was directly experiencing a new paradigm, a new type of language. The only way to really understand it was to keep on with the visits, watch, listen, and experience.

The news of Shep's comeback, however, startled the Sultan. While it seemed that Shep had his own problems to worry about, the Sultanate still needed to prepare.

What about the trip? This was something he needed to discuss with the officials he brought with. Later.
Member of Justice League
"People can't see Buddha so they say he doesn't have a body, since his body is formed of atoms, of course you can't see it. Saying he doesn't have a body is correct"- Li HongZhi
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Canissia, Olympic City, soccer stadium

Tens of thousands of people gathered at the soccer stadium in the Olympic City in Canissia for the first planned event after the opening ceremonies - soccer!

The first two contestants would be two strong teams: PeZookia's and Mangka's male soccer representations. The sport was popular in both countries ; Countless fan-clubs, neighborhood leagues and small fields existed everywhere in both nations. Weeks before the event, the Internet was getting hot with excitement. And, finally - there it was!

As both teams ran out onto the field, a mighty roar erupted from the tribunes. People cheered and shit-talked about their opponents, but all in good spirit unseen anywhere before.

There was a moment of solace, as the Canissian Symphonic Orchestra played the hymns of both nations, and then - both teams scattered, the referree placed the ball, tossed the coin and...whistle! Play ball!

Again, the crowds cheered! Firecely, the PeZookian team attacked, to the tune of the spectators chanting various slogans to cheer their favorite teams on. There were whistles and horns blowing ; Screams and shit-talk, of course, was unavoidable.

The first fierce assault was stopped right at the Mangkan penatly area. As the star attacked of the Mangkan team, Chee-Yun, took back the ball, the Mangkan crowds got up and started their own, loud chants. Chee-Yun outmaneuvered two PeZookian attackers, passed the ball to their side, received it behind the PeZookian defending line and shot at the goal!

The crowds held their breath, but as the PeZookian goalie grabbed the ball in midair, the Mangkans booed, while PeZookians started chanting:

"PeZookia gola! PeZookia gola! Taka jest kibiców wola!"

Spurred on by the organized and emotional support of their crowds, PeZookians executed a lighting-fast action, with many complicated passes and excellent tactics. They neared the Mangkan goal, when two defenders working in concert managed to take the ball, to the surprised gasp of the crowds!

And then it happened again - another close situation at the PeZookian goal, with the goalie once again saving the day!

The ball went back and forth with frightening tempo ; Both teams were fiercely determined to prove to the world they were the best at this game. he crowds cheered ; and booed, and gasped in shock, and screamed in joy at particulalry great actions. Despite the rivalrly, the mangkans and pezookians on the tribunes shared in the mutual experience of the game.

In the fiftieth minute, another brilliant action occured - and ended with a goal! A goal for PeZookia, too - which was rewarded by the crowds erupting in a display of pure joy, making waves and singing for their champions. The commenters seemed to get in the mood as well, excited and praising the PeZookians for their excellent show!

The Mangkans would have none of it, however, and pressed the attack! Chee-Yun once again took the initiative, and in the fifity-fifth minute, with a shot from almost halfway across the field, he scored a goal for Mangka!

Again the crowds erupted, except this time - on the other side and with different colors. They went truly wild - raining ticker tape on the field and blasting their air horns. But PeZookian spectators did not let go, and started another well-prepared chant to get their favorites to fight on and win the game!

With fierce determination, the PeZookian team started fighting for their goals ; By the sixtieth minute, they almost scored again, with the Mangkan goalie barely intercepting the ball, but this only made PeZookians fight harder.

And it was a tough fight - with elaborate maneuvers, complicated passes and displays of agility and strenght beamed throughout the world via ShroomSatTV. Nail-bitingly tense, the crowds did not cheer on nearly as much.

Time ticked on. 70th minutes, 75th, 80th. The stadium was almost quiet now, with commenters hushing their voices, and both sides wishing for this one, final, breaking goal!

And then it came! As PeZookian attacker Smolarek passed the ball to Sowiecki, Sowiecki passed it to Burzec, and Burzec back to Smolarek, they penetrated the Mangkan defenders and closed in, inching closer and...shooting, and scoring, and the crowds went wild!

This goal meant victory! The game was over soon thereafter, and the stadium was once again a site where joy was displayed!

PeZookian players started trading their shirts with Mangkan counterparts, egged on by the crowds of people gathered there. Truly, it was a spectacle to behold, and a great show of sportsmanship.

Result: Men's Soccer, PeZookia - Mangka 2:1
Last edited by PeZook on 2008-06-10 09:06am, edited 1 time in total.

Grand Moff Yenchin
Sith Devotee

Women's Softball, Pezookia vs. Mangka, Olympic City, Canissia

The First Women's event, softball, started out with Pezookia vs. Mangka this morning at the Cloud Nine Stadium at Olympic City.

Janina Krol was the go to in the circle today for the Pezookian team with her incredible "Whiplash of Death" while Reika Matsumada was using her "Fastbomb" as usual.

ImageJanina Krol's "Whiplash of Death" is rumored to really kill people, if she wants to.

The Pezookian team wasted no time to take a lead putting up five runs in the bottom of the second inning. A combination of the "Holy Trinity" Irena Wrobel, Helena Baran, and Stefania Dudek gave the team another stunning 3 points before Matsumada was able to stop the Pezookian onslaught.

J.J. Luo broke the 0 egg at the third inning by sending her teammates, Lori Deng and Minako Miyasaki back home with a nice and carefully placed hit. Team Catcher Joanna Kao earned a walk and third baseman Naomi Takei hit the first home run in the event, the score was now 5-8.

The fourth and fifth innings turned into a harsh struggle with either no one scoring or both teams scoring at the same rate. Frustration began to show on both teams as both teams began using all kinds of strategy. Matsumada seemed to be in deep pressure. Fanboys from Mangka began singing "We love, we love, Reika!" to show their support. The Pezookian fans also began to either wave posters of Krol or an imaginary whip, and singing "The Whip of Death". Competition was obviously not limited to the field.

At the six inning the Mangka Team began to gain the upper hand. Kao hit a RBI, gaining 2 points for Mangka and a single point came from another home run hit by Takei before the bottom of the inning. Matsumada was able to halt the firepower from Pezookia, therefore at the end of the sixth, both teams were at a tie.

Deng was moved to the 2nd base by Miyasaki and Luo was able to send them both back by a sacrificing hit. Kao then added another point by help from Takei. The Mangka team was now leading by 11-8

The Pezookian Team didn't waste their time for a final blow. The "Holy Trinity" were all on bases and the Pezookian powerhouse, Izabela Sikora was ready to deliver her mighty slam. Matsumada challenged her with two "Fastbombs" resulting in two strikes. Sikora was able to grasp the speed and hit a high fly to the right field. Fieldsman Miyasaki, with a rush of adrenalin, was able to catch it, and with a rapid chain of passing both Wrobel and Baran were taken out. The game was over.

Fanboys began tossing flowers. Hugs and kisses were exchanged, hands were shaken, it was truly a great event.

Result: Women's Softball, Mangka-Pezookia 11:8
Member of Justice League
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Shinra Republic

The official reception ended amicably, and the King said goodbye to the assembled delegates. As the huge hall slowly emptied, the King smiled to Kamila.

"So...quality time now, I'd suppose?"

"Uh...yes, your highness. The Shinras arranged a tour of Midgar, and when you're done, a quiet dinner at the presidential residence."

"Let's get moving, then!", the King exclaimed, eager to get it over with. A tour of Midgar meant in reality a public appearance, with handshaking and kisses and talking and all that stuff.

They walked out to the limo with president Shinra.

"You know, I found the Sultan quite pleasant and open-minded. He seemed aloof, but didn't exactly scoff...surprising, really, especially when the Shroomanian ambassador made a toast to BodyOil models...heh.", Paul commened to Rufus, once they were back in the limo and moving to Old Midgard.

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

LIVE on ShroomSat/StratTV and ESPN 8 - The Ocho

Men's Boxing
Shroomania versus Red Technocracy
Olympic City, Canissia

Finally we're here - we've reached the epitome of manhood. We're here to spectate upon the greatest spectacle in sports entertainment history! The Clash of the Titans, the Shroomanian Stallion versus the silent menace, the Red Menace! Rock Stronggo versus Ivan Drago!

Look at them, just look at them! Staring each other down, eye to eye, sizing one another up. Look at those muscles, just look at them glisten under the intense glare and gaze of all the spotlights and camera flashes... their beautiful bodies, sculpted into perfection like the musculature of Greek Gods.

The size disparity is astounding, Ivan Drago towers over Rock Stronggo like an obelisk. But though the Rock can't top Drago in sheer mass or accent, he can still match him in testicular fortitude and with that incoherent and incomprehensible style of talking of his.

I think that's because of the blows he's taken to the head, mang.

Just look at the size of those electrodes!

Rock Stronggo sure has a lot of work cut out for him. That's for sure.

Yep... alright, the match is about to start... now!

The bell's rung and now they're both squaring off, maneuvering in that squared circle as they begin trading the initial blows - feints and glancing shots, just foreplay before the main event, before the main course.

We're still a while away from the epic climax.

But still, look at the sheer physicality of it all!

Trading blows now. Ouch, I would not want to be Stronggo in that ring...

Drago's got the height advantage, he's got the reach advantage.

He's also got blonde hair and blue eyes, mang.

What?!

Um, nothing.

Alright, this is getting intense. We're in the third round now, sure went pretty fast, but it's starting to get rough...

Both athletes are showing some wear and tear.

Look at Rocky go! Those body punches into the titanium-clad abs of Ivan Drago!

That's sure to suck the wind outta you, mang.

He's going for it again! My god, the intensity of his attack is sending Drago on the defensive.

I don't think so, mang. Drago's just absorbing those blows like a tank!

Yeah right, Rocky's gonna -

Holy shit! Did you see that?! Did you see that?! Ivan Drago, on the counter-attack! Lightning quick yet as powerful as a Technocratic thermobaric! The sheer force of the impact draining the Technicolor away, turning it into a monochrome black-and-white!

Is it just me or did Rock Stronggo change ethnicity and boxer shorts?

What?

Look at him! He's turned into a chocolate skinned untermensch...

What?!

Oh. Nothing, nevermind. Look, they're back again! Trading blow after blow, but now the Rock is reeling!

Seventh round in and Rock Stronggo is low on hitpoints. He needs to mine more minerals.

I don't like this, mang.

Look's like Ivan Drago is moving in for the coup de grace, look at that fancy footwork...

My god, the sheer fury of his attack - I can't even see it! He's that fast!

And now Rock Stronggo's turned into a black man again!

What the hell!?

Yeah, and against the ubermensch-

Shut up!

Well, Stronggo's down, but is he out?

Hell no he ain't!

Still, he's dropped and that's the first time and...

It ain't over till it's over, man. Till the fat lady sings.

Ivan Drago has the advantage. Rock Stronggo's fallen but now he's getting back up. The referee's called a time-out and now Rocko's all bloodied.

Tenth round in and my god, this is just an ordeal of physical stamina - who will be the first to give in? Who will be the first to give up?

Rock Stronggo's turned back into a Caucasian, but will that be enough to stem the tide?

Woah! Rock Stronggo is back in the game! Did you see that whopper? That ought to have rearranged the deck chairs of the Ivan Drago.

The aircraft carrier?

The one and only.

Rock Stronggo's got the third wind back in, mang! He's not giving in. It's the Final Countdown and now he's got the Eye of the Tiger.

The crowds are going wild!

Can you hear them?

They're singing...

They're singing montage music!

Even Rock Stronggo had a montage!

They're chanting his name!

And Ivan Drago's! They're both putting on an awesome show and, mang, no one wants it over!

The crowd wants to see these two men destroy one another and, from the way things are looking, they'll both be incoherent pulps of bloody meat by the time the fifteenth round's over.

At the end of this day, one shall stand and one shall fall.

Woah! And another one! Is it just me, or did the camera angles just change all of a sudden?

At least Ivan Drago's ethnicity didn't change...

Quiet, you racist shitstain. Anyway, Rocko's on the come back and now he's drawn first blood!

If it bleeds...

He can kill it. Not literally, of course.

The crowds are all shouting for blood!

Ivan Drago is not yet out, no siree, he's not going down without a fight!

He just punched Rocko in the face.

Ivan Drago is not happy, just look at him:

He's saying something... what's he saying?

Drago: To the end.

Drago: You will lose.

Drago: I must break you.

Drago: I win for me! FOR ME!

AND THE BATTLE CONTINUES INTO THE FIFTEENTH ROUND!

This is unprecedented! Rock Stronggo versus Ivan Drago, the Shroomanian Stallion versus the Red Menace!

One of the greatest battles of all time...

... the best fight I've ever seen.

Two of the world's finest competitors, squaring off in the ring - the penultimate show of manly muscular might...

Oil glistening, muscles flexing, sweat and grease mixing with blood and semen.

I have a hard on.

At the end of this day, one shall stand and one shall fall...

It's over. Ladies and gentlemen, it's been a pleasure.

Result: MEN'S BOXING, Shroomania-Red Technocracy: Shroomania (by TKO)

During this fight, I've seen a lot of changing, in the way you feel about me, and in the way I feel about you. In here, there were two guys killing each other, but I guess that's better than twenty million. I guess what I'm trying to say, is that if I can change, and you can change, everybody can change!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Coiler
Jedi Knight

Post by Coiler »

The Coilerburg anti-rap demonstration had been a mere test run for the Real Rockers. Smiths had the idea of staging a large anti-rap demonstration in a small, mostly insignificant country first, to see what they would need to improve before they staged their big demonstration in front of all the television cameras of the world at the Olympics.

As the Olympics began, thousands of Real Rockers from all around the world flooded into Canissia, obstensibly to watch the games. Their actual goal was to launch a protest when the time was just right.

And in a secret conversation with Kyle Silver, leader of the Canissian branch of the Real Rockers, Smiths decided that the proper time was now. Earlier, and there wouldn't be enough cameras turned on the Olympics. Later, and the Real Rockers would be either be found out or simply lose interest. It had to be now, while both the games and the spirits of the Real Rockers were fresh.

A women's gymnastics event was chosen as the time for the strike. Almost every Real Rocker currently in Canissia entered the stadium with a concealed sign or guitar and a sheet of instructions that included the coded signals for when to begin.

Silver waited in the stands for the right moment to launch the protest. Although he was an extremely devoted Real Rocker, he also didn't want to disrupt the sport. So he waited until Red Technocracy gymnast Nataliya Snezhana had just finished her routine and was just leaving the floor when he loudly spoke the code signal "Gunter Glieben Glauten Globen"

That signal caused the Real Rockers to spring into action. Signs were unfurled, instruments began to be played, and Real Rockers ran out onto the floor chanting "RAP SUCKS! DOWN WITH RAP! MAY ROCK LIVE ON!"

Of course, it was not done all at once. Only the Real Rockers closest to Silver had personally heard his signal, and most of the rest went after seeing the first signs unfurled or after hearing excited Real Rockers yell out the signal.

Nevertheless, it was carried out with surprising smoothness, and was caught on live television. Of course, it also meant that the Canissian security forces took notice....
Visitor of five museum ships.
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Women's Gymnastics

"Dude!" one of the security guards said, noticing as the banners were unfurled one by one, as if a ripple spread through the crowd-- it was like "the wave", but as a political demonstration. Did they plan it that way? The security chief wondered. If so, it looked pretty good.

"Alright, let's move in and get 'em," the chief said to his guards, "Hopefully they'll go all peaceful-like." He didn't want to bust heads on the Real Rockers-- he himself had tried to form a metal hair-band in his garage with some of the guys from school. Joey quit, Jimmy got married... shoulda' known it wouldn't get far.

The ladies on competition, however, were real troupers-- it was the Red Technocracy Women's Gymanstics, and they kept going with their routines as if nothing unusual was happening at all. Spontaneous applause broke out in the crowd, supporting the women as the security guards eased their way through the crowds in small teams to break up the demonstration.

Most of the demonstrators came out without a hitch, but a couple rowdy ones-- small groups with large piles of discarded beer cups at their feet-- were rowdy and fought against the guards. Some were maced, some were tased; one of the demonstrators hollering a pathetic "don't tase me, bro!" before going down. They were hustled out-- and that, ironically, was where the real trouble started--

Outside, several Rappers were gathered together in the parking lot, having a tailgate party. Their riced-out cars parked in a circle, the hatchbacks open with loud thump-thump bass shaking the very fillings from their teeth as the Rockers were hustled out of the stadium.

"Uh-oh," the security chief said as the Rappers took notice. The Rockers were becoming enraged at the sight of their natural competition, and many broke away from the restraining security guards and charged the Rappers. It was pure bad luck that the security guards had chosen this door to hustle the Rockers out; the chief chose it simply because it had been the closest.

The groups charged one another, as Koolman's 'World of da Gangsta' boomed from the parked cars, adding a mystical, Medieval-war-movie aura to the scene. Rockers swung guitars like broadswords; Rappers blocked with their boom-boxes from one hand and lashed at the Rockers with gold necklaces twirled like small whips in their fists.

The security guards tried to restrain some of the combatants, but their tiny canisters of mace were quickly dispersed into an anemic cloud that merely stung the eyes and enraged the combatants more. A few taser shots found marks, but not enough to make a difference.

"Fire hoses! We need fire hoses!" the security chief called through his radio. The Canissian Royal Fire Brigade, parked about a kilometer away, fired up their sirens and began to make their way through the dispersing crowds.

"Fire hoses!?" one of the Rappers realized what was happening, "My system!" He broke combat with the Rocker he was battling, leaving a gash across the leather-clad Rocker's face with a sharp slash of his bling. As the Rocker checked his makeup for smears, the Rapper tore to his car to get his expensive electronic system away from the coming rush of water from the fire hoses. Other Rappers broke and ran, too.

The Rockers broke, as well-- the fire hoses would definitely run their cool rockin' makeup.

"This ain't over, Rapper!" one of them yelled to their foes. The lead Rapper flipped them off and tore away in his flourescent-magenta car.

"We're going to have to double security..." the chief said with a tired sigh.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Outside the presidential palace, Shinra Republic

"Yes, the Sultan is indeed a reasonable man. I think he may have finally come to realize that we're not all out to destroy him. I'm sure the fact we stood between Saddamistan and him helped matters."

As they continued on, he pondered aloud the news of Shep's return. "I don't buy it, Paul. It's probably a fake. But either way, it's not good."

He sighed. Just when I thought things might calm down again... "About the best we can hope for now is that this civil war will consume most of their attention. And that they'll decide the UKB is more of a threat than any of us are." He wore a troubled look on his face. "Shit. I wonder what Blackadder's reaction will be?"
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Imperial Chronicles

The Emperor simply heaved a deep sigh. So there was a chance that President Sheppard of Shepnukistan wasn't dead. "Why, can't that bastard die or something?" said the Emperor out loud. The aides and advisers simply stayed silent, unable to say anything constructive. "Well, I think life never ceases to be interesting, and it seems we have to keep spending money away to refit our armed forces. And we haven't even decided on the budget for this year."

Sighing, the Emperor headed for the door. He was about to head for Antioch to meet the Sultan Ibrahim personally. His Muslim diplomat, Basil Al-Saleh was waiting for him at the door. "Tell me about the Sultan," the Emperor ordered.

"Seems quite amenable to negotiation, and I think duly chastened after seeing the effects of his fatwa."

"I sure hope so. I invited him to come over to talk about the state of the Sultanate, and to tell him that we are prepared to help him rebuild, under certain conditions."

"Yes sire, and the Diocese?"

"They will accept our decisions regardless. Red Technocracy and I are already fooding their reconstruction."

"I see. Shall we go meet him at Antioch?"

"Yes indeed. I take it preparations have been made?"

"Yes sire."

"Good."

===================================

Admiral Himerios arrived at the main Cannissian naval base and admired the Cannissian vessels. The Cannissian Admiral of the Fleet was there to meet him and smiled. Shaking his hand, Himerios told his counterpart, "A fine fleet you have here, and battle hardened. Ours isn't as.. war hardened, though they drill regularly. We are in a state of transition though, with our carrier planes getting replaced en masse."
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Coiler
Jedi Knight

Post by Coiler »

Kyle Silver had not stayed around to watch the demonstration after he initiated it. The risk of capture was too great. After returning to his hotel room, he called his superior in the Real Rockers and told him that the demonstration had been launched.

"Kyle, you need to know my new plan."

After hearing the plan in depth, Kyle gasped "You can't be serious, Geoff. This would get all of us in prison, or worse."

"I'm totally serious, and it wouldn't be us who would be doing it."

"But who will do it, if not us?"

"In the war between Rock and Rap, neither side can win the mainstream-both are too strong. But in the underground-that's up for grabs."

"Are you proposing literal violent w-"

"SHHHHHHHHHH! They may be listening in!"

"Oh, sorry." Kyle had forgotten the ridiculously strict regulations that Geoff had around communications. It may have been justified, or the Lone Star Republic DJ may just be ridiculously paranoid. Speaking of paranoia.....

"Geoff, I'll be honest. I absolutely hate rap, which I why I joined the Real Rockers in the first place. But don't you think you're going too far with this organization and these plans? It's like you've gone beyond a hatred of rap music and into an obsessive desire to see every single rapper dead. I don't want you to lose your job, or your life."

"Well, I didn't know my trusted Canissian leader was a secret traitor!"

"See, that's what I mean. There shouldn't be traitors. The Real Rockers should be a club that stages silly demonstrations and speaks out against rap, not a literal arm-"

"It's a shame. You showed so much potential. I am demoting you from leader of the Canissian branch of the Real Rockers. And the operation will go on as planned, all around the world."

Little more than an hour after he finished his conversation, Smiths ran his show. Besides the usual rap-bashing, he mentioned Silver's "Treachery", and announced the new leader of the Canissian branch of the Real Rockers. And in secret, he was planning to escalate the rap-rock feud.....
Visitor of five museum ships.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

In a hotel in Olympic City, Canissia

*knock knock*

Kyle Silver had a shitty day. Whoever it was out there, it better be room service or else he'd take out his axe and -

"Kyle Silver?"

There was this huge guy in a tuxedo, who looked like he could kick his ass easy.

"Y-y...yeah?" Kyle sputtered. Goddamn, this Real Ricky Rocker shit was totally not worth it, mang. "Wh-who are you?!"

"The name's Solid Snail," what the fuck kind of name was that? "I'm with the FIA."

Oh fuck, one of those Shroomanian FUN whackos. Kyle knew he was fucked.

"Come with me if you want to live."

[On that note, FIA Director John Baylor is not amused with the shit-rockers and the shit-rappers throwing shit at one another, so he's gonna ruin your shit. And he's sent SDN World's expy of Solid Snake to ruin your shit. Haha!]
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

SEASIDE PALACE, CANISSIA

King Arik Coyotus-I of the People's Republic of Canissia was doing a day of light work, catching up on administrative things before they piled up too much. He'd spent a lot of time going back and forth to the Olympics, enjoying them greatly.

His security and intelligence people in the SPS kept him up to date on the types of problems they were having-- it would be useful to track such information for future events, not just for Canissia but for whoever hosted the Olympics next time. Mostly security situations wer eminor, and typically the result of ignorance of rules (ie, trying to bring glass bottles into an arena instead of plastic bottles), with only petty crimes noted such as pickpocketing. He knew of the Rocker vs. Rapper fight in th eparking lot, but so far it was dismissed as just kids-- no one really knew how organized it was. Arik, familiar with the football hooligans of Earth, felt that so far the violence was minimal by comparison.

He was signign an order authorizing the refit of the four existing Anuket /Block-I's to /Block-II standards when he got the message from Colonel Rassnar--

--President Mark Sheppard was alive.

"Oh, dear God," Arik whispered. He read through the intelligence summary, that Shep had been replaced by a body double just prior to the Atlantis meeting. Seriously? he wondered.

On the one hand, that just sounds too pat... I was there, I swear that was Shep... But then, he knew that Shep was paranoid... But would he be that paranoid of Bean?

He thought about it a moment. Shep was allied to Saddam at th etime, it wa spost-OMSK breakup; Bean had been squirrely before that... The truth is, there was really no particular reason for Shep to be paranoid of Bean in particular... but the whole situation, everything leading up to that point, was just so... crazy... that he may have just been general-issue paranoid...

Arik had to admit, he could see it.

"Aw, hell." Mixed feelings coursed through him. On an individual level, he was glad Shep as a person was alive, but... politically, the world was probably going to go back to its old ways, teetering on the verge of annihilation...

Always with the negative waves, he reminded himself. Saddam isn't being problematic. Why pre-judge?

"Colonel," Arik said, "A message, to all MESS members-- It appears that President Mark Sheppard is alive, and that it was a body double that was killed at Atlantis. If this can be verified, we are faced with some choices.

"One, we do nothing and let Shep fight this out on his own.

"Two, we recognise him as the rightful leader of Shepnukistan and support his efforts, maybe politically, maybe materially, in reclaiming his rightful position.

"Three, we say 'tough luck' to Shep, and back the current leadership of Garner.

"Of the three, I personally feel that option three is the worst thing we could do. I've already stated a neutrality agreement to General Ye, and I feel that Garner is dangerous as a puppet of Blackadder. I'm leaning towards option one, for now. What say you?"

The Colonel wrote it down, and went to go type up a formal version on the computer. Arik would look at it before it went out, but it would basically be the same, with a little more formality added.

"And... when you're done, set me up an appointment with Stas..."
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Canissia ; Near the base of Coilerburg's Northern Squadron

Kamil Broniecki regretted the end of his peaceful, quiet assignment to Canissia. The local PeZookian embassy had a grand total of five intelligence officers assigned to it, and they spent most of their time collating publically available information into reports and sending them back home.

The five officers had ten agent in Canissia in total, and none of them in sensitive industries or bureaus. In fact, Astoria demanded they do not attempt to gather classified information beyond troops movements.

Now, however, it changed. Coilerburg moved its newly formed Northern Squadron to Canissia, and Astoria was concerned about Coilerburg. And if Astoria was concerned, Broniecki's boss became concerned, and that meant sleepless nights and a pressure to start recruiting agents.

Fortunately, despite being slightly rusty, Broniecki hasn't lost it. He already had some people typed, and it was just a question of working them. He went into the seedy dockside bar where most Coilerburg sailors seemed to spend their leave time, and located his victim.

He used the simplest trick to approach him. Staggering a little, he approached his table. The guy semeed to be alone, and feeling blue. Excellent.

"Hey! You're from Coilerburg, aren't ya?"

The sailor raised his head, looking at the interloper. No ring? Even better!

"Yeah. What about it?"

"Can I join ya? The beer's on me!"

Never one to turn down a free beer, the Coilerburg sailor agreed, hesistatingly.

It was textbook. Broniecki introduced himself, ordered a beer and probed about the sailor's problems. Then it was just a question of listening and nodding.

"And Jesus, man...I don't know anybody here! They drafted me four months ago and sent me to this shithole. This whole 'great mobilization' thing is such bullshit..."

"Aw, come on! This place ain't so bad."

"Oh, really? Come on. The beer is crap, the girls are ugly, the night life sucks. I could be starting university now, for fuck's sake..."

"The night life sucks? Ya got a lot to learn about Canissia. Come on, I gonna show ya a few places."

"Yeah?"

"Hell yeah!"

The sailor hesistated for a moment, but decided - what the hell. He got up, paid the tab and grabbed his jacked.

"Well, you better deliver then! Let's go!"

Broniecki smiled. All too easy, he thought to himself.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shinra Republic, Old Midgar
RogueIce wrote: He sighed. Just when I thought things might calm down again... "About the best we can hope for now is that this civil war will consume most of their attention. And that they'll decide the UKB is more of a threat than any of us are." He wore a troubled look on his face. "Shit. I wonder what Blackadder's reaction will be?"
"I have no idea. I actually don't think Bean's going to flip out, but after that little thing with the threats, I wouldn't be surprised if Shep did try to fry his satellites with the next opportunity. We'll need a plan for this occasion."

The limo came to a stop near the Shinra History Museum just then.

"Well, let's discuss this later. For now...we have sightseeing to do.", Paul said, looking at the crowds gathered near the museum.
Last edited by PeZook on 2008-06-10 02:11pm, edited 1 time in total.

phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

President Sheppard Alive; IRT Recognizes Administration

HUE - BREAKING NEWS - In a recent video broadcast from East Neverhood, President Sheppard was revealed as alive today. His apparent assassination by King Blackadder VI in the collapsed multilateral peace conference was, in fact, the assassination of a body double. The IRT further announced today that it would immediately recognize the government of President Sheppard and offer safe haven for any Nukistani military forces fleeting from Garner's forces ...
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Indhopal at the Olympics

In most events, Indhopal's athletes were not the favourites. Indhopal had the best chance to win in the rifle and pistol events, judo, and the biathalon. All of Indhopal was rooting for their teams and many ProTec personnell were wearing Olympic pins as well. Everyone needed a break from the new bad news.

On Shep's Rebirth
The govenemnt of Indhopal had no comment on Shep perhaps being alive. They were waiting for proof of some kind that it wasn't a body double claiming to be Shep operating now.
Grand Moff Yenchin
Sith Devotee

Study, Presidential Mansion, Republic of Mangka

The President was bored, he just finished reading the Military Police report on the candidates for the Legislative Election. Sonija was working out in the gym but the President didn't quite feel joining her.

"Well, let's see what's going on with...

Women's Beach Volleyball, Mangka vs. Pezookia, Olympic City

"...and Anna Bialobrzeska scores another point! 19-14, things don't seem quite well for the Mangka Team."

"Paulina Eska serves...Sabina Tan...."

"Tan passes it to Chloe Arakawa..."

"...Bialobrzeska...Tan sets the attack...Arakawa goes for it....nice block from Eska....Tan dives for it...Arakawa...Tan tries again....Arakawa....whoa! Bialobrzeska is really like a wall. 20-14. The Mangka fanboys are crying."

"Well I think they should see it on the bright side: The Mangka Team won't be busy practicing and competing for the following days....*chuckle*"

"Yeah maybe the fanboys might be able to meet them on the streets of Olympic City....Pezookia serves...Arakawa....Tan...Eska....Arakawa...Bialobrzeska sets it up....Eska strikes the final blow...and...thats it! Pezookia wins 2 rounds straight!"

Result: Women's Beach Volleyball, Pezookia-Mangka 2:0

*click*

The news of Shep's reemergence was an interesting twist. For days Yenchin sometimes imagined alternative scenarios of Shep's "death" at Atlantis involving clones, decoys, fake deaths and even a true resurrection. But seeing the news about Shep alive brought everything back to reality. What mattered now was the actual impact on Nova Terra and the real interactions between the nations and alliances.

Yenchin looked at the time, and decided to at least join Sonija in the shower. But while he stood up, the MESS hotline began to blink...
Member of Justice League
Grand Moff Yenchin
Sith Devotee

Some Sealiner, Somewhere in the Seas

The Sultan decided to continue his trip. Even though Shep somehow miraculously was alive, he still had to deal with the chaos at his hand. Saddam the Great didn't seem friendly with the Shepnukistan forces in Saddamistan, so currently the Sultanate didn't have to worry about Shepnukistan showing up at the Sultanate's doorstep. Nonetheless, the Sultan still sent some of his officials back to help handle domestic affairs and prepare the citizens in case things really went worse.

To be cautious, the Sultan did make some changes on the route of his trip. A few days and a few switches in transportation later, the Sultan and his group finally arrived at the second stop of his trip.

The Byzantium Empire.
Member of Justice League