SD.net's World OOC/Discussion thread MK IV

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Mr Bean wrote:I have seven Halifax Frigates I'm trying to sell (Now only 50 million each!)
Actually I have some 5 Halifax Frigates to sell, or thrown to the fleet reserve.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Coiler
Jedi Knight

Post by Coiler »

Thanks for the info, I'm still pondering how I shall proceed with the Great Mobilization.
Visitor of five museum ships.
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Economic and Military stats for Wilkonia have been updated to reflect 2011 levels including purchase of 48 F/A-18Fs from UKB. Remaining FY11 procurement dollars total 4.5Bn after including costs associated with CGN(X) and DDGN(X) as well as existing procurement contracts.

I expect to utilize this towards either F-22 or F-35 purchases but the money may get sunk into R&D (though total Wilkonian government outlays are principally through the Institute of Standards, Science, Technology, and Medicine and total some $2.9Bn either to projects like FIRE, the MESS space program or Baal's gauss project.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Coiler wrote:Thanks for the info, I'm still pondering how I shall proceed with the Great Mobilization.
Cut it back, Levying 10% of your population is something best left for times of total or near total war.

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Is there a MESS fusion program or something? I remember reading something of it along the way. Currently, I'm running my own program (though at design stages, so funding is less) but it's a 10 year long affair, with the goal of matching or exceeding the ITER program (or matching the original ITER program).
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:Is there a MESS fusion program or something? I remember reading something of it along the way. Currently, I'm running my own program (though at design stages, so funding is less) but it's a 10 year long affair, with the goal of matching or exceeding the ITER program (or matching the original ITER program).
Yup, FIRE (Fusion Ignition Reactor Experiment) with the site in the LSR. We've built one Tokamak, and the LSR has just announced a second, less conservative one will be built based upon knowledge gained from experiments with the Tokamak mk 1.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Lonestar wrote:
Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:Is there a MESS fusion program or something? I remember reading something of it along the way. Currently, I'm running my own program (though at design stages, so funding is less) but it's a 10 year long affair, with the goal of matching or exceeding the ITER program (or matching the original ITER program).
Yup, FIRE (Fusion Ignition Reactor Experiment) with the site in the LSR. We've built one Tokamak, and the LSR has just announced a second, less conservative one will be built based upon knowledge gained from experiments with the Tokamak mk 1.
Ok. So I either contribute or run a competitive program (in the name of free spirited Scientific competition)?
Kreia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

phongn wrote:Well, I was considering out in the Open Sea, but it was much more fun to tweak everyone's noses. Plus, the water is nice and calm in the Central Sea, which is useful for testing. Besides, nobody actually got hurt, eh? And your companies are probably unhappy about the loss of trade. All you had to do was just produce a bunch of formal protests and noises instead of moving to the far more severe retaliation of a complete trade embargo.
I'm sure your people are just as unhappy as well. The FUN is practically a HUEG market, after all.
Hey man, that was YOUR choice to cut off trade with the UAR! No whining! :P
*whines* Stas started it! I HAD to follow! If only you and Shep and Skim played nice, we could all be good fwends again!

v___v
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Shep, did you go through that with Raj Alten before "giving" those MIG-29SMTs?
Kreia
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

He did mention in a PM that he didn't have much of an airforce -- so I gave him one. :twisted:
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Well, then, if you don't mind me, I have a Diocese and Sultanate to protect.
Kreia
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Okay, "i won't accept weapons". "Don't fuck with the Great Saddam". Hahaha. Alexander was easily bullied by Saddamistan into not only accepting weapons, but also aerial and land units of the UAR Military, making it basically a client state with an occupation military to move in soon.

Dudes, I have no idea why you think any deals with Alexander were a solution. The Plan B was a better proposal from the start, and now that we didn't go through with it... well, the consequences are for all to see.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Mr Bean wrote:I have seven Halifax Frigates I'm trying to sell (Now only 50 million each!)
Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:Actually I have some 5 Halifax Frigates to sell, or thrown to the fleet reserve.
If you two can match the $50M price, I'll buy all twelve! I need more patrol ships for my Navy nowadays ...
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

phongn wrote:
Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:Actually I have some 5 Halifax Frigates to sell, or thrown to the fleet reserve.
If you two can match the $50M price, I'll buy all twelve! I need more patrol ships for my Navy nowadays ...
Fine. 50 million.
Kreia
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Foolish, foolish Alexander, you should've accepted all the weapons and then shipped them off!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

phongn wrote:Foolish, foolish Alexander, you should've accepted all the weapons and then shipped them off!
I think regardless what would happen, Shep and Skimmer would have taken control of Alexander whether the latter liked it or not.

And I think the rest of us would react soon.
Last edited by Fingolfin_Noldor on 2008-06-01 07:17am, edited 1 time in total.
Kreia
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Stas Bush wrote:Okay, "i won't accept weapons". "Don't fuck with the Great Saddam". Hahaha.
Yeah, Like that?

I tried to play it straight:

"You think we are just backwards Arab nation, one you pull fast one on?"

You can almost imagine the veins popping out and throbbing on the Saddamistani General's head as he starts screaming.

Alexander was easily bullied by Saddamistan into not only accepting weapons
He really needed all the various weapons I imagine, from small arms, light to medium artillery, tanks, APCs, etc (the IRT shipment was also in this convoy); and well, the UAR General in charge saw Alexander's weakness and played political hardball with the literal "You no like? We leave!" bluff which he did carry out -- go Saddamistani Combat Engineers, setting fire to ammo pallets with flamethrowers -- NO FEAR!
but also aerial and land units of the UAR Military, making it basically a client state with an occupation military to move in soon.
You got the basic client state part right; but there is to be no occupational military. Why occupy Alexandria? It's more trouble than it's worth. Currently, the UAR forces are slotting into the General's military as "advisory units"; and he's gotten a big firepower boost from it; he's got a Blackbeard Battalion, and a Heavy Air Defense Battalion from Shepnukistan, and four battalions of mixed armored/infantry units from Saddamistan, along with 24 x MiG-29s to supplement the existing 6-8 A-37 Dragonflies already flown by IRT/Shepnukistan.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:I'm sure your people are just as unhappy as well. The FUN is practically a HUEG market, after all.
IIRC, it doesn't apply to all of FUN, just some of the larger elements of it. There never really has been much trade with the Red Technocracy (ideological conflicts) but the loss of your nation's trade is annoying.
*whines* Stas started it! I HAD to follow! If only you and Shep and Skim played nice, we could all be good fwends again!
But I always play nice! Look at my balance sheet! Look at it! Look how lovely it is ...

Ahem. Well, you know, there can always be secret backroom deals and all to restore trade and whatnot. It's not like we want to cause any harm to the rest of the world and all, big nuclear wars tend to collapse world trade :wink:
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Shep, how does it change anything when the Advisers now have a gun pointed at Alexander's head? You can play the Syntax and Semantics all you want, but hey, you just forced those troops down his throat and he now has an occupation army. In fact, you just INVADED his country with him now as a puppet.

And you obviously didn't tell Raj a thing about it right?
Kreia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

phongn wrote:IIRC, it doesn't apply to all of FUN, just some of the larger elements of it. There never really has been much trade with the Red Technocracy (ideological conflicts) but the loss of your nation's trade is annoying.
The Prime Minister of Shroomania is a man of the people and he is sympathetic to the grumblings of the citizens he was sworn in to represent as well ;)
Ahem. Well, you know, there can always be secret backroom deals and all to restore trade and whatnot. It's not like we want to cause any harm to the rest of the world and all, big nuclear wars tend to collapse world trade :wink:
I was thinking of getting Blackbeards and Shepnukistani stuff through Crossrodia, basically nationally-sanctioned smuggling, but if I got caught that would've really fucked me over with the FUN.

Look, we've all thrown Angry Letters around. I'm sure if some apologies and some "sorry letters" and maybe the de-escalation of tensions were made, we could all normalize things and be happy again.

Stas is still unhappy with the whole bioweapons thing, and I must side with him on that, though. As far as I know, the IRT doesn't have bioweapons (did you sign in on the ban?) but you did do that wholly unnecessary nuke thing.

That's gonna take a big apology letter.

Come on. The current state of events is untenable for everyone. These guys with a hard-on for proxy wars and unhappy Cold War shit might like it, but everyone else doesn't. We were given a paradise planet, for goodness sakes.
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:I was thinking of getting Blackbeards and Shepnukistani stuff through Crossrodia, basically nationally-sanctioned smuggling, but if I got caught that would've really fucked me over with the FUN.
:mrgreen:
Stas is still unhappy with the whole bioweapons thing, and I must side with him on that, though. As far as I know, the IRT doesn't have bioweapons (did you sign in on the ban?) but you did do that wholly unnecessary nuke thing.

That's gonna take a big apology letter.
The IRT does not have an offensive biowarfare program, but we do have a group for biodefense. That is only reasonable considering the UAR has their own active offensive biowar program. We have not signed the BW Convention.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Wow. Biodefense. I wonder what that entails :lol:
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Actually I'll just call horseshit. You see, the plan was that they'd accept delivery, and then, after the convoy left they'd pick up the armor. And we wouldn't go out and anounce it. Much less when you've basically occupied their fucking port!

So Shep, you used OOC information for your in-universe retaliation? Bullshit.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

RogueIce wrote:Actually I'll just call horseshit.
I waited and waited for you to decide what to do with the convoy, and then you instead of waiting to see me unload, you unload my ships for me? Fuck you. Don't play games with the UAR. We can get very nasty.

And yes, I planned all along to have a very heavy defensive element for the unloading -- we can't have our ships the victim of possibul MESS air attacks while unloading (none of them are RO-RO, so we have to unload by ganged crane; which takes a long time).

RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

MKSheppard wrote:
RogueIce wrote:Actually I'll just call horseshit.
I waited and waited for you to decide what to do with the convoy, and then you instead of waiting to see me unload, you unload my ships for me? Fuck you. Don't play games with the UAR. We can get very nasty.
I only did that because Raj unloaded them for you (hence his military parade). I told you we'd let you pass, both in PMs and OOC. So if you want to blame anyone, blame him.

But now you RPed Alexander into doing the stupidest thing he possibly could've done? Bullshit Shep.

So I took them away after Raj indicated they had been delievered? You could've said something and it would easily have been quickly retconned. But no, you had to be a little baby about it.

Jesus Christ, last time you decided to RP us we allowed it (the mine hit and that propoganda piece), the only one we made you retcon was that talk with Lonestar's military. We didn't go off and make up some retarded scenario that automatically gives us the upper hand. And in the same time RP somebody we're not supposed to be RPing!

You have a nasty habit of that, Shep. But hey, why show us any courtesy at all when you can further your little "fuck the MESS!" agenda, blowing up a simple miscommunication into a Goddamn occupation, when we never made those demands of you when you RPed us.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight