STGOD 2K8 mk. II Planning Thread

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

Does that 25 points per point count for repairing infrastructure as well?

Ack suddenly remembered. We cant go to turn 2 yet as Tanassin and Ohma havent fought their battle.
STGOD SDNW4 player. Chamarran Hierarchy Catgirls in space!
Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

We could have turn 1 end with a cliffhanger of Ohma and Tan just about to go at it. Like a Saturday morning cartoon.
A teenage girl is just a teenage boy who can get laid.
-GTO

We're not just doing this for money; we're doing this for a shitload of money!
Ohma
Jedi Knight

Post by Ohma »

Dark Hellion wrote:We could have turn 1 end with a cliffhanger of Ohma and Tan just about to go at it. Like a Saturday morning cartoon.
That sounds pretty good to me as long as it's fine with Tan and Lancer as well. I think if that happens I'll have my stealth ships return from Makay and Moloch so we can assume that the intel they've gathered is being analyzed and that Expeditionary Force 2 is on the way/planning their attack.

I'll post my build orders later when I have a bit more time this evening.
Oh, Mister Darcy! <3
We're ALL Devo!
GALE-Force: Guardians of Space!
"Rarr! Rargharghiss!" -Gorn
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Untill the battle is reserved i wont be fully sure how many points i have to build new ships and how many will be going into repairing old ones, but im assuimg all of us get "around" 400pts of new ships?
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

Actually 600 points. 20% of ship cost is maintenance, the rest is for spending.
-GTO

Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

A cliffhanger is fine with me, too.
Lancer
Sith Marauder

Post by Lancer »

I'm fine with reserving the outcome of the Daynab incident, but let's at least get all the Imperial-remnants to the Molochi Summit and finish that up before we go to turn 2.

As for the infrastructure upgrade system, that sounds perfect, but can I assume that the 25-point per system cap still applies?
Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

The cap still stands, unless you want to buy faction points to make it go up. I would say it would be 10 faction points per point over 25 you want.

I was thinking we could end the turns main thread, and let the summit go for 4-5 days, so people could announce public building at the summit, and we could sort various things out. We do still have two members who are rather inactive (rogue and A-wing) so the end of turn 1 might be a good time for them to get things moving as well.
-GTO

Ohma
Jedi Knight

Post by Ohma »

Military production for the Stellar Dominatrixiat c. End of Turn 1

380 points in fleet maintenance. (due to loss of DSFVs Sonya Olschanezky and Yoshiko Kawashima)

620 free industrial points.

2 T-1 stealth craft (20pts)

4 Athena Class Command Carriers (200pts)

9 Valkyrie Class Attack Craft (225pts)

35 Durga Class Skirmishers (175pts)

Changes to currently extant fleets.

DIntDiv: Two T-1s replace the Kawashima and Olschanezky.
20+(2x20) = 40pts

Bara Defense Force: One additional Athena, three Valkyries, and eight Durgas join the BDF.
335+(1x50)+(3x25)+(8x5) = 500pts

Patrols 1 and 2: One Durga is assigned to each of the DCSP forces.
175+5 = 180pts (2x)

Expeditionary Force 4 is formed (425pts)
3 Athenas (150pts)
6 Valkyries (150pts)
25 Durgas (125pts)

EDIT: oops

Final total space forces value: 2,580pts.

EDIT2: err... 2,600...I can do math...
Last edited by Ohma on 2008-06-17 02:34am, edited 1 time in total.
Oh, Mister Darcy! <3
We're ALL Devo!
GALE-Force: Guardians of Space!
"Rarr! Rargharghiss!" -Gorn
Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

Production for the Humanist Union, End of Turn One

400 Points: Fleet Maintenance

600 Points As Follows:

Each Mobile Unit Will Gain
30 (29 base, 1C3)- "500-Paladin": 1
22 (20 base, 2D) - "340-Cheetah": 2
15 (13 base, 2D)- "255-Broadsword": 2
10 (10 base)- "202-Stiletto": 2
8 (4 base, 2C3, 2I)- "150-Albatross": 2
5 (4 base, 1D)- "121-Wolf": 2

Total Gains
4 Paladin-class
8 Cheetah-class
8 Broadsword-class
8 Stiletto-class
8 Albatross-class
8 Wolf-class
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

Finalized point expenditures for the Chamaran exodus. End of turn 1.

380 points, fleet maintenance.
10x40 two Avenger fast attack cruiser squadrons (26+4H+5D+5R)(400 points)
50 repairing infrastructure damage
5x15 one Makay monitor squadron (10+5D)(75 points)
5x14 One squadron of armoured freighters (4+10T)
25 establishment of underground farms on Pyre Primus (converts into a one point world)
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Well, I'm pretty much ready to go once we figure where the Melconian's are located and where the ancestral lands are. Darkevilme, wnat to have our alien powers set up a conference of their own? I was thinking of sending a delegation on some of my warships to meet with your people about an alliance.

Well here is producttion for round one if you'll are letting me build stuff for that.
2 Admiral Voth Class Cruisers 54pts.
2 Echo Station Class Light Cruisers 42pts
2 Spirit class Destroyers 20pts
6 Captain N'tan class Destroyers 180pts.
4 Council Class Cruisers 180pts.
2 Emperor II Class battleships 110pts.
For a total of 586pts.
400 points were spet on keeping the fleet in working order. These ships have been added to the OOB.

For turn two the shipyards are planning on producing:
2 Emperor's Wrath Dreadnaughts 92pts.
4 Spirit Class Destroyers 40pts.
Upgrade all the Remec Class light cruisers to have 1C3I 8pts
Upgrade the Echo Station class to have 1C3I each 6pts.
2 Revenge Class Deep Strike Craft 60pts.
2 Council Class Cruisers 90pts.
4 Captain N'Tan Class Destroyers 120pts.
Total 416 points building and 518 points for maintenance.
The remaining 66 points would be set aside to repair battle damage in turn two.

Meaning I would have 3003 points of Naval assets that would require about 600 points of Maintenence at the end of turn two. Asuming no ships or production are lost that is :wink: The fleet would be about maxed out at that point.

Edit: The Humanist Union seems like a good place to have Melconian home worlds in. Then we could really get our hate on. Thoughts?
Thirdfain
The Player of Games
Location: Never underestimate the staggering drawing power of the Garden State.

Post by Thirdfain »

No offense to Raj, but wouldn't it make sense for new players to come in at the plain 2000? after all, they've risked nothing for the first 600 points; everyone else has had to survive for em.

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite.
John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - )
Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

Edit: The Humanist Union seems like a good place to have Melconian home worlds in. Then we could really get our hate on. Thoughts?
The Humanist Union, such that it is, is old-school, long-term Imperial backwater. I could see the homeworlds being around that area somewhere: it's a rough neighborhood, we've got a (now-inactive) barbarian faction next door and plenty of pirates. Still, I don't know how I feel about your guys originally calling the HU worlds home: I'd never pictured alien ownership as part of their history.
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Tanasinn wrote:
The Humanist Union, such that it is, is old-school, long-term Imperial backwater. I could see the home worlds being around that area somewhere: it's a rough neighborhood; we've got a (now-inactive) barbarian faction next door and plenty of pirates. Still, I don't know how I feel about your guys originally calling the HU worlds home: I'd never pictured alien ownership as part of their history.
If you don't want aliens being from your territory, that's cool. Just on reading the descriptions of the nations your group and its dislike of aliens seemed to make a good fit with the background of my faction.

If no one volunteers for the duty of being my arch enemy (I could certainly understand no one wanting a bunch of pissed off aliens on their plate). We'll certainly be able to think of something to accommodate everyone’s needs.

On another note I'll take whatever the decision is on whether I get anything built from turn one. So far I've heard opinions coming down on both sides of the issue. I can easily remove the forces from the OOB if needed.

Another question: Would it be safe to say I qualify as an aggressor faction for the extra 200 points? Or not? And did I miss anything in my OOB?
Lancer
Sith Marauder

Post by Lancer »

Raj Ahten wrote:Meaning I would have 3003 points of Naval assets that would require about 600 points of Maintenence at the end of turn two. Asuming no ships or production are lost that is :wink: The fleet would be about maxed out at that point.

Don't you think it's a little early to declare production for turn 2, given that our "end of turn 1" production hasn't even occured yet?
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Lancer wrote:
Raj Ahten wrote:Meaning I would have 3003 points of Naval assets that would require about 600 points of Maintenence at the end of turn two. Asuming no ships or production are lost that is :wink: The fleet would be about maxed out at that point.

Don't you think it's a little early to declare production for turn 2, given that our end of turn-1 production hasn't even occured yet?
Just working out tentative plans out in the open is all. I want to show the math way in advance so any errors are cought early. Also, wouldn't turn two production be decided at the start of the turn, as the shipyards are building throughout the turn and that production is thus being "used" and couldn't be allocated to repairs or so forth?

Edit: I'm also just damn excited about the game and have been crunching number and thinking about the fleet and how would it do against the human fleets, how I'm going to write the battles, etc. So I went ahead and posted everything I had on construction, even if it might be too long term!
Last edited by Raj Ahten on 2008-06-17 11:50pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

If you don't want aliens being from your territory, that's cool. Just on reading the descriptions of the nations your group and its dislike of aliens seemed to make a good fit with the background of my faction.
I'll still be giving it thought, but assuming the HU survives that long, you won't have to worry about them coming knocking. They will. :wink:
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

Finally remembered i was supposed to update the map. The two resurrected factions have been re-illuminated. Welcome aboard Spyder.

Edit: Just noticed Raj's message. Sure if the Melconian star empire is one of the powers with enough spies in the right place to know what happened to the Syndicalists up there you could send ships to investigate and meet the new xenos on the block.(methinks its soon to become very common knowledge to the powers that be) albeit it's not much of a conference with only two xeno powers .
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Darkevilme wrote: Edit: Just noticed Raj's message. Sure if the Melconian star empire is one of the powers with enough spies in the right place to know what happened to the Syndicalists up there you could send ships to investigate and meet the new xenos on the block.(methinks its soon to become very common knowledge to the powers that be) albeit it's not much of a conference with only two xeno powers .
Actually, My intel aperatus blows as I am a barbarian faction on the edge of nowhere. I probably get almost all my intel from signal intercepts. Though as you say information is likely to filter out eventually.

It may not be much of a conference, but it could very well be fruitfull for both of us. I'm probably going to have to hold back on it until some time in turn two.
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

Well my intel apparatus isnt that good either. I do still have those podships gliding a round snooping and dropping spy sats in human systems though. So if the Melconian's ever make the news i'll know about them.
Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

Basically, the danger of playing as a xeno or barbarian species is you are alone in a galaxy the dislikes/hates you. The advantage is that no one knows where you are or if they do you are so far off the beaten path that logistically supporting an invasion can take a whole turn to build.
-GTO

Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Just where am I anyway? This is an issue which is quite important! As far as people knowing where I am, they way I've wriiten the Melconians it is likely most people know what sector I am in as well as knowing about where my major production center is, as that was a base back in the Empire days. The rest of the planets are likely to be a mystery to the humans as is my fleet size and capabilities, though all my ship classes have been spotted at one time or another on deep patrols (hence all the coenames in my order of battle for them.)
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

I've forgotten how we put people on this map Raj. Anyone wanna suggest a good method?
Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

You could always close your eyes and jab. :P