SD.net's World (RAR!)

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Losonti Tokash
Sith Devotee

Post by Losonti Tokash »

TithonusSyndrome wrote:I fanatically invade Zor's territory on principle alone and ignore any expenses, human or otherwise, that the campaign incurs.
My good man, the Glorious People's Democratic Republic of Blastification applauds your efforts and would like to enter into trade negotiations with your fine nation. As our export economy is almost completely turned over to guitars and guitar related equipment we feel we have much to offer you. :P
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

The Duchy of Baerne, by bootlicking and sucking up, attempts to attach itself to a tsardom, probably the Duchess's since she actually seems to have a pretty good idea of how to run a country. My duchy's expansive oil deposits and pathetic, 2000 person military would doubtless prove too tempting a prize to refuse to snatch up otherwise.

I opt for the 500,000-person, slightly less comfortable population, since first-world standards of living are vastly out of proportion to the needs of the populace. Being an island, Baernish cuisine consists largely of seafood, specifically swordfish, since I like those. We also make a pretty decent red wine, but not in large quantities due to the lack of space for vineyards.

I will institute a Socialized system of medicine, and install a strictly merit-based education system, insuring that the best rise to the top. Any job that can be handled by a high school graduate will be, insuring that college-educated persons are not wasted in secretarial positions. Anyone found guilty of corruption or misuse of power in my government will be shot, after they "voluntarily" reveal who their conspirators are. Then the conspirators will be shot.

The Baernish folk enjoy music ranging from the Russian and classical, mainly Tchaikovsky, to the Irish and folky, since I happen to like nearly everything. There is a zero-percent illiteracy rate, due to mandatory school attendance every day, barring family emergencies, on pain of my severe displeasure.

On the other hand, should Her Grace the Duchess of Zeon prove uninterested in my friendship, I join the Omsk Pact. Cue Soviet anthem.

Please, come enjoy your stay in the tropical paradise of Baern Island, where the wine is good, the water is blue, and the people are enjoyable.
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
Scottish Ninja
Jedi Knight

Post by Scottish Ninja »

As a citizen of the PRFY, I hereby pledge my official allegiance to FYTO, and as we seem to be entering the pre-war disastrously tangled system of alliances here, I will also offer to sign the Omsk Pact and join whatever PeZook is calling his alliance, plus the Fungal Axis if that's all right.

Just watch. The Duchy of Caledonia is going to end up accidentally declaring war on itself.
"If the flight succeeds, you swipe an absurd amount of prestige for a single mission. Heroes of the Zenobian Onion will literally rain upon you." - PeZook
"If the capsule explodes, heroes of the Zenobian Onion will still rain upon us. Literally!" - Shroom
Cosmonaut Ivan Ivanovich Ivanov (deceased, rain), Cosmonaut Petr Petrovich Petrov, Unnamed MASA Engineer, and Unnamed Zenobian Engineerski in Let's play: BARIS
Captain, MFS Robber Baron, PRFYNAFBTFC - "Absolute Corruption Powers Absolutely"
NeoGoomba
Sith Devotee

Post by NeoGoomba »

I, the august representative of the Kingdom of Republicburgstatesville, do promptly state that all tonnage of military hardware* within said borders shall henceforth and forthwith be converted into the worlds largest alcohol brewery and distillery, with 50,000 sq. km set aside as vast hops/wheat/barey fields, with an additional 50,000 square km set aside for vineyards of the highest quality for production of wines, as well as the construction of a series of foundries to produce beer cans, electric guitars, horseshoes, darts, and die-cast metal G1 Transformers toys.

Our currency, the Eurupiedollerinero, shall thus become the economic backbone of the world, and we will gladly exchange our goods and currency for military protection and open border trade.

*except for one Destroyer which we will mount on bigass tank treads with extra guns and a kickin sound system because, as we all know, such a land Destroyer would look fucking awesome.
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know...tomorrow."
-Agent Kay
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

2,501-5,000 Posts-Kingdom
-Total Land Area, 250,000 square kilometers
-Population: 15 million first world, 30 million second world
-Military, 100,000-200,000 personel, Comprable armored/motorized deployment to Royal Army, 150 Jet Fighters, 10 Arleigh Burke-class Destroyers, 40 Halifax Class Frigates and 10 modern Diesel submarines
-Able to produce enough food for export, with industry capable of producing largescale goods such as cars, modern arms industry and some shipbuilding, GPD-$375,000,000,000 USD per year
Seems I actually have a fair sized nation in this set up. Of course before I actually decide to put anything down about my supposed nation.. Im curious., do we have a full list of Who is alinged with who yet?
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

The FUNGAL AXIS and its constituent nations of Shroomania, the Vortex Empire, Triolia, and the pending nations of Vanasia and WesFox (Zoria has been rejected from the Shroomanian Referendums) wholeheartedly disapprove of the posturings of the Shadow Empire and express concern of its recent announcements!
The Shadow Empire does not care for your concerns and shall make a suggestion to shep that the FUNGAL AXIS be the first on our invasion list.
*except for one Destroyer which we will mount on bigass tank treads with extra guns and a kickin sound system because, as we all know, such a land Destroyer would look fucking awesome.
*sends spies to steal plans from Kingdom of Republicburgstatesville* :twisted:
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

RedImperator wrote:I would imagine in this situation most of the Senate would band together to enforce some minimal international order, since what we would have collectively is global situation which is much too nice to allow rogue lunatics to ruin.
I think the Mess would assist in such an alliance.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

RogueIce wrote:[

I thought we were going to be quasi-isolationist and doing our thing mang. :?

Oh well. The Lone Star Republic, with me as El Presidente shall prosper. My first act as El Presidente is to declare martial law and loot the country. i Viva El Presidente ! :wink:

I'm probably going to restructure my military(or at least my navy) quite a bit. 20 DDGs and 60 FFGs? whoop-de-do. I imagine I'll decom/sell off most of the Frigates and make cutters for revenue service purposes. Since I doubt my country is capable of CVNs, we're going to start off with CGNs for the "capital" ships of the navy. I might have a LHD(or 3) for the purposes of supporting the Mess Pact overseas, but nuclear infrastructure and science projects are going to consume a huge chunk of my country's budget for a long time.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Lonestar wrote:

That'd be nice, but how long do you think it'll be before Shep and the other lunatics come knocking?

Especially since Bean apparently wants to join with them. And he would've been our only CVN. Well, aside from DW if you want to count him as part of us (and not the Senate or whoever).
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Beowulf wrote:Oh, the OBN for reference:
members 58
CVN1
SSN 20
SSK 510
DD 550
FF 1784
jets 8490
pop 858.5 million
mil 10 million
GDP $21.5 trillion
Well Bean apparently wants to join Shep and them. So unless he changes his mind we lose our CVN. :|
Aerial refueling is still possible, even without tankers, so long as you have the right jets. As such, I'll be wanting a bunch of F-22s and F-35s, all with probe refueling equipment (which might take some work for the F-22s). Oh, and lastly, I'll be joining the FYTO.
Well it specified fighter jets rather than just jets. So I imagine if we want to have aerial tankers worth a damn we'll have to build 'em.

Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

RogueIce wrote:
That'd be nice, but how long do you think it'll be before Shep and the other lunatics come knocking?

Especially since Bean apparently wants to join with them. And he would've been our only CVN. Well, aside from DW if you want to count him as part of us (and not the Senate or whoever).
What about Rob?
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Lonestar wrote:
RogueIce wrote:

What about Rob?
Highest level he has under this is Senate. Which is same as 5k - 20k and the regular Mods.

Simplicius
Jedi Council Member

Post by Simplicius »

The geography of our planet is a factor we know nothing about. I suspect alliances, enmities, and hegemonies would be dictated more by location than ideology, as logistics concerns increase with distance. Additionally, the distribution of resources is an important factor. The largest islands in play are only the size of Egypt, so unless they are all absurdly resource-rich there will be resource squeezes in time, as well as trade routes to establish and protect. Those who would build vast war machines ought to have a backup plan in case it happens that their islands are, e.g., uranium-poor.

Keeping that in mind, my island, hereby dubbed The Most Curious Kingdom of St. George, is prepared to align itself with the Senate, pending the sorting out of local geopolitics and resources distribution.

My immediate defense priorities are the deployment of anti-air and anti-sea missiles and the development of a robust long-range, land-based maritime patrol capability. My immediate strategic goals are clear: to preserve the sanctity of my immediate air- and seaspace and to open and protect such SLOCs to nearby islands as are necessary. Longer-term strategic goals are dependent on such unknown factors as geography, resources, international developments, and the ongoing state of my economy and defense budget.

Amphibious or naval aviation capability are not immediately necessary, unless I find myself in close proximity to a hostile power. Assuming this is not the case, shipbuilding will focus on a merchant marine which can be employed for sealift in the event of a crisis overseas to which I must respond.

The domestic situation, as per the OP, is advantageous - an island the size of Spain with a slightly lower population density and a GDP comparable to either the Netherlands' or Australia's. Ethnic and religious strife are apparently non-issues, while all 30 million enjoy a comfortable standard of living. As long as T.M.C.K. St. George is not overwhelmingly attacked or squeezed for resources, I shouldn't worry much about the domestic front.
Starglider
Miles Dyson

Post by Starglider »

The Technoutopian Confederation will divert all available resources to Mad Science, which for the purposes of this RAR I define as trying to build as many of the insane superweapons and superplanes from the Ace Combat series as possible. Also, maximum priority will be given to developing robot tanks, power armour, brain-computer interfacing and genetically engineered ornamental catgirls. The notion of 'ethical research' will be discarded as a pointless impediment to the Greater Good, 'health and safety' will be considered enemy propaganda and anyone muttering about the 'precautionary principle' will be charged with luddism and sentenced to be an expendable test subject in our glorious experimental program.

P.S. Will of course sell any new military technology developed, anyone prepared to sign a mutual defence treaty gets the discount rate. :)
Last edited by Starglider on 2008-04-02 07:54pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

RogueIce wrote:Well it specified fighter jets rather than just jets. So I imagine if we want to have aerial tankers worth a damn we'll have to build 'em.
Buddy tanking.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Well, because I actually want something more tangible, I went ahead and "GASP" drew a MAP of my nation!

Let see someone else match THAT:

Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
darthbob88
Jedi Knight

Post by darthbob88 »

Despite my not being a member of either body, I propose to join with the Mess and/or Senate to maintain peace on this planet, with my small island being used to provide additional bases for whatever patrol assets are used to keep the peace.
This message approved by the sages Anon and Ibid.
Any views expressed herein are my own unless otherwise noted, and very likely wrong.
I shave with Occam's Razor.
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

The Duchy of Langley tosses in its lot with the FYTO, as any other member of PRFYNAFBTFC should do.

In addition to the Sachsen class frigate I already possess as a member of PRFYNAFBTFC, what other ships can I legally possess as a mere duchy? Can I have Braunschweig class corvettes, or do I have to settle for Gepard class fast attack craft instead? Also, which makes a better anti-sub helicopter: the Westland Lynx, the NHI NH90, the SH-2 Seasprite, or the SH-60 Seahawk?
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
Civil War Man
NERRRRRDS!!!

Post by Civil War Man »

The Lincolnian Union bows to no one, save its ruler Civil War Man, Dark Lord of Excessive Yet Epic Evil.

And Civil War Man has no allegiances, save for his fellows in the PYTO.

Mirdautas vras!
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

RogueIce wrote:
Lonestar wrote:

Your only Nuclear Capable CVN... which I will be placing in Sheppard's hands

Bwhaha! Bwahaahahh!

OAN, what has the Omsk Pact strength reached?

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

TithonusSyndrome wrote:You put "Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger" in your title, and the best you can think to offer me is petty mustard gas? :wtf: Come ON man, you can do better than that.
:oops:

Okay, we'll give you some binary nerve agents instead. Mustard is seriously underrated; because it's highly persistent, allowing you to block off huge areas cheaply.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

RogueIce wrote:And yeah, our strategy is no less boring than "RAR mass killing of people we don't like lolz" for the 40th time. Just so you know.
And obviously, you haven't read the other previous RAR threads; usually, I don't go all psychotic and start nuking people randomly; the only thread where I can remember doing that besides this one is the thread that the PRFY started in; where I just decided to nuke the middle east, because well, the ME deserves it.
Unless you have a carrier.
The carrier's nice; but what really clinches it are the 20 or so fast attacks I have. They can pretty much shut off all internal commerce between island chains, etc.
Not to mention the fact there is no GPS network or anything like that in place.
All GPS guided weapons and vehicles have a secondary inertial guidance system (where space allows); so JDAMs can still hit targets in the face of GPS jamming, etc.
Which, again unless you have a carrier, means those who are "defending" with their Air Force will likely see your surface ships before you see them.
Dun dun dun dun dun.......up periscope!

Nuclear powered monsters in the depths.......
Or, I don't know, rather than the usual mass warfare that'll do little more than leave the majority of our new planet a war-ravaged wasteland, maybe we can try something new and different: actually working together, or at least not blowing each other up?
Pffft. I've tried that for the last couple of ideas; it's time to try something fun.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Mr Bean wrote:Your only Nuclear Capable CVN... which I will be placing in Sheppard's hands

Bwhaha! Bwahaahahh!
Indeed. BWHAAAHAHHA
OAN, what has the Omsk Pact strength reached?
3.5 million sq km
210 million pop
2.8 million military
$5.25 trillion GDP
2,100 jets
3 CVNs
140 DDGs
420 FFGs
60 SSNs
20 SSKs
31,086 MBTs
39,820 IFVs
18,718 Artillery

MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Beowulf, your statz are off:

Mess Pact (from your memberlist on SDN; with Bean's defection counted)

65 Members
13.3 million sq km
800 million pop
9.9 million military
$20 trillion GDP
7,722 jets
510 DDGs
1,664 FFGs
0 SSNs
510 SSKs
27,693 MBTs
29,469 IFVs
17,544 Artillery

Dave
Jedi Knight

Post by Dave »

MKSheppard wrote:Beowulf, your statz are off:
<snip>

0 SSNs

<snip>
Typo?

Well, accounting's little boo-boo could make things a lot easier for those trying to counter the Shep Armada :D